Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Woodlands Junior High

Reserve

Default The Woodlands Junior High

Is the junior high that feeds into the Woodlands High School going to be dominant again like it has been in the past? It seems like they just keep getting better coaches each year.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TheDuke's Avatar

Default Re: The Woodlands Junior High

Well,

Which Jr. High you talking about? There is McC and Knox.

Some of the coaches from McC I think went to College Park High. I have a friend who's son plays at Knox Jr. High and he tells me the NEW coaches have no idea what they are doing. So I think they have a lot of new faces now.
    Coach Orebaugh, THE POWER !

ENOUGH SAID

Reserve

I am talking about MCC. They are the ones that have been dominating recently. I don't know if it is something in the water or just good coaching. I know they use to have one coach (he may still be there) who was a kicker or soccer player in college. I think he may have a son that is a hell of a kicker on the varsity.

I don't think things will have changed as much at McC as they will at Knox. The Knox coaches are having to implement Carson's program at this point. When both were feeding the TWH Willig had installed a pretty good feeder process. I don't think they have altered that much for TWH since.

It was funny to watch the 2 teams play each other back then, they were running basically the same plays. The defense usually knew what the offense was doing and visa versa.

Reserve

By watching MCC play it seems like the coaches know what play is coming against every opponent. I think one of the teams last year didn't give up a point all season.

well, speaking of great coaches, that peet junior high school has a tremendous football coaching staff. they took a team half the size of mcc and tied them last season, which mcc was perfect until then.

Quote Originally Posted by conroe05
    well, speaking of great coaches, that peet junior high school has a tremendous football coaching staff. they took a team half the size of mcc and tied them last season, which mcc was perfect until then.
    So let me get this straight, Conroe has a class of football playing pygmy's coming up in the next few years??????? That ought to be worth the price of admission

Honestly, I've seen numerous Peet/Washington vs. McC/Knox games over the years and I don't ever remember there being a major overall size differential. From year to year there are a couple of "man-children" out there, but I've seen them on both sides of the San Jacinto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilt-Boy
    So let me get this straight, Conroe has a class of football playing pygmy's coming up in the next few years??????? That ought to be worth the price of admission

Honestly, I've seen numerous Peet/Washington vs. McC/Knox games over the years and I don't ever remember there being a major overall size differential. From year to year there are a couple of "man-children" out there, but I've seen them on both sides of the San Jacinto.
    well, according to the tea website, mcc is 80 kids shy of being twice the size of peet jhs....so my statement is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by conroe05
    well, according to the tea website, mcc is 80 kids shy of being twice the size of peet jhs....so my statement is a fact.
    Last I checked they still play 11 on 11.

yes, thats correct....howeva....with twice the number of students enrolled, you obviously have an advantage in areas such as depth and better athletes to choose from. just a fact...

Okay, so I give you the depth part of the argument.

But to say that Peet doesn't have a similar number of "athletes" is selling their program short.

Okay, so I give you the depth part of the argument.

But to say that Peet doesn't have a similar number of "athletes" is selling their program short.
    they obviously do have some good athletes, but with twice as many to choose from, there is no doubt mcc has more of those better athletes.

are we really talking about JUNIOR HIGH football? This is pathetic

Yeah, I know it's weak.

In my initial reply I discussed how the program feeds TWH. But when Conroe05 got involved, it's too fun to argue with him.

Yeah, I know it's weak.

In my initial reply I discussed how the program feeds TWH. But when Conroe05 got involved, it's too fun to argue with him.
    Ya know whats weak? Your username.

Kilt boy? I mean, I know you goto the Woodlands, but seriously..kilt boy? what the crap?

All-American

Thanks for whomever mentioned that the TEA had attendance figures. I had always been interested to see how many students Cunningham Middle School had out in Galena Park. They had such huge teams and so many athletes. I assumed they were keeping the number of middle schools low on purpose so that they could have dominant schools. I looked and saw they had about 950 students, which didn't seem that bad, because Baytown JR had about 730. Then I noticed that Cunningham was 7th and 8th only lol. That's probably close to 1500 students if you had a 6th grade there too. You might as well have North Shore High school going up against Sealy or something with the differences in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Owned05
    Ya know whats weak? Your username.

Kilt boy? I mean, I know you goto the Woodlands, but seriously..kilt boy? what the crap?
    So we're reducing this to user name smack? Are you Conroe05's wife? You do have the same last name (05)????

Regarding Kilt-Boy..... I heard it in the stands once when somebody was talking about the mascot. I thought it was humorous. If you don't agree..........

[Quote=The Dude]Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion,
    man.[Quote=The Dude]

Reserve

All I know is that I have seen schools with great athletes that cannot win because the coaches are terrible. Those coaches at MCC are great at getting everything out of those athletes.

Reserve

I heard those great McC coaches got beat by the dads in a 7 on 7 game. They had help from a couple of the freshman and varsity coaches but majority was from the junior high. How could 20 and 30 year old guys get beat by some 40 year olds????

Reserve

I don't know Buddy. I'm sure those dads are pretty good athletes. Most of them probably have personal trainers or what not.
    Last edited by playbook; 08-21-2006 at 09:20 AM.