View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Katy

    129 70.88%
  • Cedar Hill

    53 29.12%
Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 3687

Thread: Katy vs. Cedar Hill, 2013 Division II State Championship

  1. #201
    All-State
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Manvel
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    You mean like last year. Katy made two plays that won that game for them regardless what the Katy fans might think. The Taylor touchdown on the fourth and one and the Atwood interception was the difference in that game. Katy QB has mended from his broken leg so we will see what they can do with the Longhorns this year. Katy did not dominate Chill last year and that is real honest to goodness fact.

    Reggie



    New QB ....plays w a lot of composure and make all the throws....at end of the day Can Chill stop the run...that's always the question! Manvel's King had chances to hit plays so will Chill..Katy's D is stout ...No secret what's coming zone left zone right...trap trap ..play action . The question is can Chill stop the run? However Chill answers that question on the field will determine the winner.

  2. #202
    All-Universe cougmantx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Katy/Burnet Texas
    Posts
    8,658

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by 62tiger View Post
    Screw a HS FB game... My sister in Lavon TX has MS

    I will donate $500 to you if you ride in the MS 150. Much more important than any stinking FB game.

    Just pm me beforehand.

    I am in
    And I will match you on that...great cause.
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

  3. #203
    All-District locolatino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Porte
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Hill has no defense NONE that being said you can only beat Katy if you have a great defense

    Katy 45

    hill 21

  4. #204
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Katy
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Cedar Hill lost to Desoto by 27 and Allen by 19, both highly ranked teams that were undefeated until they played each other. I would expect a similar margin for a highly ranked and undefeated Katy team. Has something changed that would show a major improvement by CH?

    For example, Katy only beat Seven Lakes 17-12, but for that game Katy was missing Anderson, the fullback, and 3 o-linemen. They are back now and playing very well.

  5. #205
    All-American CHill Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cedar Hill
    Posts
    792

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by locolatino View Post
    Hill has no defense NONE that being said you can only beat Katy if you have a great defense

    Katy 45

    hill 21
    CHill has the #6 Defense in DFW. Not the best, but hardly "none".
    ~~ The Original Cedar Hill Longhorn Homer~~ TTHL!!!

  6. #206
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbd View Post
    Cedar Hill lost to Desoto by 27 and Allen by 19, both highly ranked teams that were undefeated until they played each other. I would expect a similar margin for a highly ranked and undefeated Katy team. Has something changed that would show a major improvement by CH?

    For example, Katy only beat Seven Lakes 17-12, but for that game Katy was missing Anderson, the fullback, and 3 o-linemen. They are back now and playing very well.
    Wasn't Gessler out also?
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  7. #207
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by locolatino View Post
    Hill has no defense NONE that being said you can only beat Katy if you have a great defense

    Katy 45

    hill 21

    Please quantify 'NONE'?

    Did you get to see them and which game?

    Please throw me a bone?
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  8. #208
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by CHill

    Qoute me, Katie will not win by 20+! Can't wait for this game!
    You're such a good smacker!! Stop texting while you drive.


    Give us Katy-ites some specifics. How many kids playing for the Longhorns played in last years Final?

    What is the team doing better/same/worse than last Final?

    You won't get any score prediction from me. I dropped my crystal ball 5 yrs ago and it's still out of order.

    Generally, Katy's offense is the same as it has been forever but with different talents at the QB position and no A. Taylor.
    This QB doesn't have a broken leg but he has a quicker, more accurate release than #15 when throwing the ball. He's quicker also if he's in trouble and needs to run.
    With two RBs carrying the load that have different styles this year's offense seems more diverse and hard to stop than last year. The WRs have good hands and our TE can catch and run too.
    Our Dline is without Dimon but as a group seems to get good penetration. Enough so to hurry up the Os play and force the QBs decision making.
    The defensive secondary is younger with 1 Jr and the rest sophs. One DB is injured and won't play and I haven't payed attention who the replacement is. Anyway, these guys are quick and big hitters.

    This should be a good game.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  9. #209
    All-Interweb E-Vol-ution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    17,772

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbd View Post
    Cedar Hill lost to Desoto by 27 and Allen by 19, both highly ranked teams that were undefeated until they played each other. I would expect a similar margin for a highly ranked and undefeated Katy team. Has something changed that would show a major improvement by CH?

    For example, Katy only beat Seven Lakes 17-12, but for that game Katy was missing Anderson, the fullback, and 3 o-linemen. They are back now and playing very well.
    Yep......CHILL matured. These kids are mostly juniors and didn't start last year. Takes some tough games early to grow up quick and settle a new team.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

  10. #210
    All-Interweb E-Vol-ution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    17,772

    Default Re: Katy vs. Cedar Hill, 2013 Division II State Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon721 View Post
    Yes kinda like last week,,, I think Cedar Hill will be a little more challenging,
    The Katy team this year is scary good, peaking at the right time, I don't think they've maxed yet...
    Cedar Hill eliminated Lake Travis, whose defense is not as good as Katy, and offense not as deep... Their score was 19-10


    Katy will try to dominate the TOP as always, they have three stellar RB and a horse for FB, three deep in linemen, an excellent stable of good hands receivers, and a very composed and accurate QB... Plus a state champion QB as backup ( which in itself sounds crazy)


    Katy defense while without as much depth has one of the most selfish secondaries with 24+ interceptions on the season ( helping Katy be like upper + 20s turnover ratio) , a very disciplined and skilled LB corps that keep strict containment and fill holes, and defensive front that maintains the line and are skilled and trained to keep QBs where the DC wants them.


    Cedar Hill likewise is loaded with talent. Passing , don't see them doing a lot underneath, the QB isn't as accurate and Katy DB will punish that ( they only had 16 passing yards, 2 passing TD ... Strange, huh ) The LT defense have been good but for Cedar Hill to be held to just 19 (3td and two missed PAT).... They rely on one lone RB , Ware, and trying to keep opponents defense on the field to wear out ( last 2 tds scored with 9 min remaing.. Previous game 21 points in 4th to win from behind) .....


    That is not a strategy that will beat the Katy team, they do not tire out ( too much depth and really very superior conditioning stamina wise)
    Katy will dominate TOP, will jam runners down the defense throat, chew clock, sting with some infrequent passing... And just plain score on most if not every possession.
    They will bend but not break on defense, allowing just enough to get inside CH rhythm , then wreak havoc on it.


    Thinking CH gets 13-18 , Katy puts up 38-45

    But I know nothing of football , there are many others here wiser than I , that's why I read more than I post.... Unless I'm sure of it
    Please go to Dallasnews.com for stats on Cedar Hill in the High School section to learn about Cedar Hill so that you can sound informed when providing analysis of them. Passing, rushing, receiving is all there including individual and team offensive / defensive stats from each game on the schedule. lol
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

  11. #211
    All-Galaxy tmcran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    3,257

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    Yep......CHILL matured. These kids are mostly juniors and didn't start last year. Takes some tough games early to grow up quick and settle a new team.
    I thought when Chill beat Abilene Cooper that Chill had the maturity to handle an outstanding O. The problem with Cooper was a D that just could not get the stops they needed. Even then The Coogs only lost by 5. I don't believe the broken hand of the Cooper QB was a factor on the O except it kept LOJO from using the stiff arm on runs. Some of the LT fans jumped on the LT OC. WOW! REALLY!. It sounded on the radio as if the LT O just got lit up by a very strong and athletic D. After seeing the Cooper/Chill game Katy better have their hats on tight. That Chill D will hurt ya. Good luck to both teams.

  12. #212
    All-State dyno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    cedar hill
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    Well Katy will be favored in this game and they should be. The only teams that truly baffle smash mouth teams are other good smash mouth teams and those teams are not common in Texas High School football. I believe Katy will win this game but certainly want be by 20+ points. Chill played Katy last year and they have played both Allen and Desoto this year. They certainly know what is ahead of them. Me and my boy will take our yearly trip to Jerry World to see the best High school football in the nation. The last time I saw a blowout was DeKaney vs Steele. I am not expecting to see that kind of game this year. Only time will tell.



    Regie

    Yes, Although CH lines up in spread and run read zone, CH is also trying to smash the ball. For years I was wondering why there was not a misdirection play here or there. I know why now. Katy will have to work the entire game and be ready to sub. I"m thinking of taking off Friday and catching all the games plus Saturday. The stadium is a quick drive and My favorite time of the year is about to end. Depressed Mode.lol
    TTHL!
    DYNO

  13. #213
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by tmcran View Post
    After seeing the Cooper/Chill game Katy better have their hats on tight. That Chill D will hurt ya. Good luck to both teams.
    I look forward to seeing some defense. I've seen very little this year across the state so far.

  14. #214
    All-State dyno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    cedar hill
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Katy vs. Cedar Hill, 2013 Division II State Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon721 View Post
    Yes kinda like last week,,, I think Cedar Hill will be a little more challenging,
    The Katy team this year is scary good, peaking at the right time, I don't think they've maxed yet...
    Cedar Hill eliminated Lake Travis, whose defense is not as good as Katy, and offense not as deep... Their score was 19-10


    Katy will try to dominate the TOP as always, they have three stellar RB and a horse for FB, three deep in linemen, an excellent stable of good hands receivers, and a very composed and accurate QB... Plus a state champion QB as backup ( which in itself sounds crazy)


    Katy defense while without as much depth has one of the most selfish secondaries with 24+ interceptions on the season ( helping Katy be like upper + 20s turnover ratio) , a very disciplined and skilled LB corps that keep strict containment and fill holes, and defensive front that maintains the line and are skilled and trained to keep QBs where the DC wants them.


    Cedar Hill likewise is loaded with talent. Passing , don't see them doing a lot underneath, the QB isn't as accurate and Katy DB will punish that ( they only had 16 passing yards, 2 passing TD ... Strange, huh ) The LT defense have been good but for Cedar Hill to be held to just 19 (3td and two missed PAT).... They rely on one lone RB , Ware, and trying to keep opponents defense on the field to wear out ( last 2 tds scored with 9 min remaing.. Previous game 21 points in 4th to win from behind) .....


    That is not a strategy that will beat the Katy team, they do not tire out ( too much depth and really very superior conditioning stamina wise)
    Katy will dominate TOP, will jam runners down the defense throat, chew clock, sting with some infrequent passing... And just plain score on most if not every possession.
    They will bend but not break on defense, allowing just enough to get inside CH rhythm , then wreak havoc on it.


    Thinking CH gets 13-18 , Katy puts up 38-45

    But I know nothing of football , there are many others here wiser than I , that's why I read more than I post.... Unless I'm sure of it
    The QB play looks nice. I was kind of shocked about the change at QB's- Goes to show the coaching I like. Who gives the team the better chance to win.
    TTHL!
    DYNO

  15. #215
    All-Galaxy OakTreeUp-n-Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Chill D isn't huge, but they are fast & physical. The question is, though, not if they're fast & physical, we know they are. It's how sound can they be down after down after down. That is where most athletic teams get sunk by a team that executes patiently like Katy.

  16. #216
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    I don't have a dog in this fight unfortunately but here are my thoughts. The best two teams in DII are plYing next week. Katy is the best program in the State and possibly in history. They look to be unbeatable and I would favor them against any teaming the State today.

    CHill showed me something yesterday, though. I never thought that I would see a team play harder in a big game than LT but I did yesterday. CHill brought the goods all day long and played tough, physical football. This was not LT's best offensive team but it was a great LT defense. CHill hung tough for 48 minutes and just played hard. I was impressed.

    I like Katy in this game but I won't be surprised if CHill gives them all they want. Good luck to both.

  17. #217
    Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by CHill Jeff View Post
    CHill has the #6 Defense in DFW. Not the best, but hardly "none".
    Can you use "defense", and "DFW" in the same sentence?

  18. #218
    All-American 2A Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Old Katy
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: Katy vs. Cedar Hill, 2013 Division II State Championship

    From the Houston Chronicle:

    Katy outgained Johnson 503-88 in total yards and had 31 first downs to Johnson's five.

    The Jaguars, playing in their first state semifinal, came in averaging 452.5 yards and 44.8 points per game. They had minus-3 yards and one first down via penalty with 1:30 left in the first half.

    Katy ran for 486 yards, averaging 8.1 yards on 60 rushes. Johnson, on the other hand, had 24 yards on 20 carries in its first shutout loss of the season.

  19. #219
    All-State dyno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    cedar hill
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggar14 View Post
    New QB ....plays w a lot of composure and make all the throws....at end of the day Can Chill stop the run...that's always the question! Manvel's King had chances to hit plays so will Chill..Katy's D is stout ...No secret what's coming zone left zone right...trap trap ..play action . The question is can Chill stop the run? However Chill answers that question on the field will determine the winner.
    I believe CH do better than last year. Stopping the run is key. I think the coaches notice what happened last year and from what I have seen on power running teams, CH has did a decent job. I think in someways the D might have been a little intimidated by Katy's run game last year. This year they will respect it but I believe there is no intimidation.
    TTHL!
    DYNO

  20. #220
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer rwilleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Katy
    Posts
    7,979

    Default Re: Katy vs CH II....Sat at Jerry World

    Quote Originally Posted by Mclintock View Post
    Can you use "defense", and "DFW" in the same sentence?
    Wondered the same thing...
    Katy Tigers: SEVEN TIME State Champs, we never play anybody...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •