View Poll Results: Allen vs. Westfield - Make your pick!

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allen by 10+

63 57.27%
  • Allen by <10

15 13.64%
  • Westfield by <10

29 26.36%
  • Westfield by 10+

3 2.73%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Division I - Region II Final - Allen vs. Westfield - Who ya got?

Default Re: Division I - Region II Final - Allen vs. Westfield - Who ya got?

All I can say is this will be a very physical game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5clj4ZmWczo
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"Iím not saying Iím batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

40% chance of rain with a high of 44 on Saturday. This will hamper the pre-game festivities for sure, but the BEBC will be there in full force. Note to football parents: Just look for the flags and drop by for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Come one come all!!!!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE BEBC...SQUIGGLES!!!!!
    STATE CHAMPS 2008, 2012, & 2013........

Quote Originally Posted by allendad View Post
    In 2008, WF was "physical" AFTER every play. Hitting AFTER the whistle was the norm.
    My daughter's boyfriend was a safety and was walking away from a tackle when he was hit
    in the knee, for no apparent reason, and was out for the game. WF was the worst "smack-
    talkin" team I have ever seen.

Now, that was then . . . . . . I hope that this WF team is not the same way. I truly cannot
    stand teams that are like that.

I'm not trying to stir up contention on here, just simply making observations about our last
    meeting with WF down at SFA.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

I'm not sure what kind of cheap shots they would take. They did not take any against Lufkin that I can remember in 2011 but they ran their mouth a little bit and they backed it up. I have a feeling Murray will get hit even if he hands the zone read off.Which is legal. I think Allen coaches will see this coming so it will be interesting if that is even in the game plan. Westfield will push Allen more then what Ceder Hill did earlier in the season and more so then Coppell. I still do not see Westfield having enough to win but if they get hot it's very possible.

It was 2006 When Allen defeated Westfied at SFA 33-27
    Last edited by GameTyme; 12-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    2001 UIL 5A State Champs Lufkin 38 Austin Westlake 24
    1943 UIL 2A Runner-Up Lufkin 13 San Angelo 26

1968 UIL 2A Runner-Up Lufkin Dunbar 6 Daingerfield 7
    1967 PVIL 3A State Champs Lufkin Dunbar 44 Texarakana Dunbar 24
    1966 PVIL 3A State Champs Lufkin Dunbar 14 Wichita Falls Washington 7
    1964 PVIL 3A State Champs Lufkin Dunbar 20 Marlin Washington 6

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by ALLENFANDINGO5 View Post
    40% chance of rain with a high of 44 on Saturday. This will hamper the pre-game festivities for sure, but the BEBC will be there in full force. Note to football parents: Just look for the flags and drop by for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Come one come all!!!!!!
    Latest forecast is showing worse than that. I am seeing highs in the lower 30's and a chance of showers. Only saving grace is that it is a 2PM game instead of a 7:30 game. I unfortunately will be missing this game, but still freezing my butt off, as I will be just up the road a piece watching the Baylor - UT game. With the Allen game was being televised so I could DVR it....

The weather will bring an interesting advantage to one team, who that will be is still to be determined. I will say that Allen has already played in a couple games with similar elements and did just fine. Westfield is said to be big and smashmouth, well Allen is just as big if not bigger on the O line and they will play till the whistle. On defense, this Allen team could be the best defense in the country when it comes to a discipline play as a unit group of players. The D line no matter who they play is able to keep the offense busy and allow our stud LBs to wreak havoc. Should be a great game and I hope both teams come out of this game healthy.
    Allen Eagles
    BACK TO BACK 2012, 2013 and 2008 Div I State Champions
    2006-2013 District Champions & Plano City Champs

Proud member of the BEBC.

Quote Originally Posted by TXWayne View Post
    Latest forecast is showing worse than that. I am seeing highs in the lower 30's and a chance of showers. Only saving grace is that it is a 2PM game instead of a 7:30 game. I unfortunately will be missing this game, but still freezing my butt off, as I will be just up the road a piece watching the Baylor - UT game. With the Allen game was being televised so I could DVR it....
    Wow! All we need now is a 30 mph wind to make things really interesting.

All-Galaxy

One thing I know for sure is a finesse team will never beat Allen. It's gonna take a physical, in your face, smash mouth team to beat them and this is the reason why this game is so interesting. Allen has not been tested at all during the playoffs and one has to wonder can Westfield challenge them too have to play four quarters in a game.

Reggie

The first part of the year Allen would get caught up in all of the smack talking going on and it caused a few penalties. The coaching staff enforced a method of deterrence and the boys have done a better job of just letting their play do their talking. But with emotions running higher the deeper you go into the playoffs, I could see the need for the staff to remind them what awaits any infractions. I just hope the refs blow their whistles loudly.

For the love of fairness and sanity, can we PLEASE re-align these regions so I-35 does not come into play until State.

That road is death.
    When pads are a knockin', you know I'll be watchin'

Quote Originally Posted by BC2001Eagles View Post
    It's the same Woodlands team that was up on Skyline 21-6 in our first game in the season. Raiders needed a miracle pass interference call when we stopped them on 4 and a mile and they wound up scoring to tie it before the end of regulation.

Same Highlander team that ran it at will on skyline ,but we missed te FG at the end and didn't finish. We never won any of those game,but lets not act like we cant play with a team like Skyline. We were in every game with them until the end.

We've traditionally had stout teams on defense, and run the ball very well. This spread offense came around during the Lasco years recently.

I'm sure you remember how our games went when we were in the same district and Amedola was the Westfield Defensive coordinator.......We're 13-5 all time against Westfield.

And yeah...I've been saying #70,78 and 79 for Skyline were some of the biggest kids I've ever seen.
    I stand corrected! If you're talking pre-lasco then you might have a legitimate point. That Woodlands team that played in the '03 title game against NS was probably their most athletic team ever. Well historically, I think they've always had big o-lines. And yes, from what I know WF was the whipping child before 2004. Thank God time moves forward LOL...

With that being said, it's gonna take alot more than smash mouth football in order to beat Allen. It's gonna take points and I predict another shootout.
    GO STANGS!
    -----------------
    ""Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
    - Albert Einstein

In 2008, WF was "physical" AFTER every play. Hitting AFTER the whistle was the norm.
    My daughter's boyfriend was a safety and was walking away from a tackle when he was hit
    in the knee, for no apparent reason, and was out for the game. WF was the worst "smack-
    talkin" team I have ever seen.

Now, that was then . . . . . . I hope that this WF team is not the same way. I truly cannot
    stand teams that are like that.

I'm not trying to stir up contention on here, just simply making observations about our last
    meeting with WF down at SFA.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

I think you will be happy to know that this is a totally different team. While they are still a hard-nosed defensive team, they've cut down dramatically on unsportsmanlike conduct. As a matter of fact, they've had very little of those type of penalties over the past few seasons. There was one between a Skyline and WF player yesterday that was initiated by the Skyline player. Whoever they replaced on the staff since 2008 have done a great job teaching these kids how to be professionals on the field.
    GO STANGS!
    -----------------
    ""Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by slim_bugga06 View Post
    I stand corrected! If you're talking pre-lasco then you might have a legitimate point. That Woodlands team that played in the '03 title game against NS was probably their most athletic team ever. Well historically, I think they've always had big o-lines. And yes, from what I know WF was the whipping child before 2004. Thank God time moves forward LOL...

With that being said, it's gonna take alot more than smash mouth football in order to beat Allen. It's gonna take points and I predict another shootout.
    Westfield had some good teams before 2004. In 2001 they damn near beat Lufkin in the quarterfinals. Lufkin needed OT to win. Lufkin's toughest test on the run to state that year and they had some really tough ones.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesSoar View Post
    For the love of fairness and sanity, can we PLEASE re-align these regions so I-35 does not come into play until State.

That road is death.
    Thats why I slow my roll on 35 and stay in the right lane until I have to pass grandma

I think you will be happy to know that this is a totally different team. While they are still a hard-nosed defensive team, they've cut down dramatically on unsportsmanlike conduct. As a matter of fact, they've had very little of those type of penalties over the past few seasons. There was one between a Skyline and WF player yesterday that was initiated by the Skyline player. Whoever they replaced on the staff since 2008 have done a great job teaching these kids how to be professionals on the field.
    Good to know as it sounds like they have made lots of improvements. That discipline is not only gonna help them in the game but go a long way for them in the future. I really enjoyed watching the video I have seen so far on WF. I'll have to take some time to watch more this week.

Cheers,

~
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

PCC
    2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

James 1:2-3
    Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Westfield will make Allen earn this win, this will probably be Allen's most physical game in the playoffs, Allen should win this game, but this game will get Allen ready to play Desoto.
    Everyone has a game plan until we run back a 99 yard touchdown on them. -DA SHO Mustangs

All-State

Stangbacker, on behalf of all us football loving fools in 13 5A, you know who we are rolling with! Westfield should have beaten DS by 3 scores but had some costly mistakes at the end of the game and tried their best to give it to skyline.

Allen just has sooooo much support and such a large backing, going to be hard for the stangs to pull this one out. It is going to come down to turnovers and keeping those personal fouls from popping up. Once again, what I look for is simple. Westfield plays very physical with their d backs. If they let them play and the refs do not decide the game, Westfield has a fighting chance.

Good Luck! I think the winner of this game, wins state, just my opinion

I'm thrilled to hear this.

I won't think another thing about it.

Gunna be a good one !
    When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

Went and got my outfit for the game Saturday . . . .

When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

Went and got my outfit for the game Saturday . . . .

This with the dead cats, you are definitely getting a call from PETA

All-District

This game will be over before the half. Allen wins 63 - 6
    "I don't believe in God. My god is patriotism. Teach a man to be a good citizen and you have solved the problem of life."
    Andrew Carnegie