Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings and Matchup Analyzer from AdjustedStats.com here in Texas

Default Power Rankings and Matchup Analyzer from AdjustedStats.com here in Texas

I've posted these in years past. A guy I know does this every year. He's developed an algorithm that spits these numbers out. There are no personal biases involved. I believe he states that the Power Rankings are what one should go by.

EWP Ratings: http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings...ewpratings.php
    Power Rankings: http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings...sfbratings.php
    Matchup Analyzer: http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings...sfbmatchup.php

Just click on one of the descriptors in the last 3 columns to rank them just by that (ex: 5A, Region or District), or you can use the menus at the top under TXHSFB.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

Twitter: @AlanGalbreathTX

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Proverbs 9:10

Default Re: Power Rankings and Matchup Analyzer from AdjustedStats.com here in Texas

Good stuff Alan, I remember this from last season.
    TTHL-Protect the family

2006 5A Div 2 State Champions
    2012 5A Div 2 State Finalist
    2013 5A Div 2 State Champions

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgI8IZPIAAA6KZl.jpg:large

"You can’t play safe and pursue your vision: you can’t shrink from risk and expect others to follow you. – Bill Parcells”

Default Re: Power Rankings and Matchup Analyzer from AdjustedStats.com here in Texas

Thanks. Good Site Info BD01. Not to far off and reflection of the top teams. Something to look ahead to, however, all games must be played.

Last year around the time of the Regional Finals, his ratings were posted by someone else. The analyzer picked Katy to win the last 3 games, but was predicting them to give up more points than most thought they would. Although the scores weren't exact, Katy did start giving up some points those last few games.

Cy Ranch 70-21 (prediction 57-17)
    Steele 45-33 (prediction 39-24)
    Cedar Hill 35-24 (prediction 40-31)

Katy had only given up something like 17 total points in the playoffs up till that point.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

All-American

What's stands out for me just looking at the top teams...why is Coppell so high? and why would you throw a 4A team like Aledo in there? There are just not enough games between 4A and 5A teams to make that part of the formula reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
    What's stands out for me just looking at the top teams...why is Coppell so high? and why would you throw a 4A team like Aledo in there? There are just not enough games between 4A and 5A teams to make that part of the formula reliable.
    Since he's unable to post, I'll pass along what he replied to your concern:

Here are the number of interconference games played this year:

5A-4A: 209
    5A-3A: 10
    4A-3A: 169
    3A-2A: 189
    3A-1A: 6
    2A-1A: 256

That's enough interaction in my opinion. Consider that so far there have been 761 games between two 5A teams. 671 games between 4A teams. So over 21% of all games involving a 5A team have been against a 4A team. Obviously that percentage will go down but 209 games played against 4A is sufficient for these ratings.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

I do question the SOS numbers.......rankings are better than quite a few I've seen though.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Steele at 32? Either has to be the schedule or the defense. No way they are that low.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

Lotta love for the dee eff dub.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bowiedawgs01 View Post
    Since he's unable to post, I'll pass along what he replied to your concern:
    Well thanks, that's helpful info, that's many more games than I would have guessed. But these 4A/5A matchups are likely much more common in the Austin area than they are in DFW. Aledo, Highland Park, etc. would have the hat handed to them playing the better 5A teams in this area.

1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493

Pretty silly and innacurate ranking

1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493

It tells me

Katy - 30
    Seven Lakes - 5

Someone wasted alot of time putting this together.

All-District

If somebody has the time they should try the matchup analyzer with this weeks pick-ems and see how many it gets right. I do not have the time or I would. It would be interesting all the same though. If you decide to do it please post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeJ View Post
    It tells me

Katy - 30
    Seven Lakes - 5

Someone wasted alot of time putting this together.
    Can't predict the injury bug.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Knowledge View Post
    If somebody has the time they should try the matchup analyzer with this weeks pick-ems and see how many it gets right. I do not have the time or I would. It would be interesting all the same though. If you decide to do it please post the results.
    Will do.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Knowledge View Post
    Too risky. I'm cool with my knowledge. lol

All-State

It is interesting to a degree, but very flawed as well. For instance, in team rankings having Midland Christian above Midland Lee is just absurd. Midland Christian is manned mainly by Midland Lee rejects, so there's just no way they would come close to beating Lee in a game.

Like I said, it's strictly computer driven. This is why the BCS has human polls as well.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    9-2 (5-1)

Reserve

Is it just me or does Cedar Hill and Hebron seem exceedingly overrated

Cool site. Fun to play with hypothetical matchups. For example, Trinity vs. Katy.

Katy-34
    Trinity-33

Even the computer knows how awesome a game that would be. Its obviously off a tad though