Page 106 of 147 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2923

Thread: 2014 District 19-5A Thread

  1. #2101
    Reserve geauxtigers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Katy
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    So, let's assume all go to the playoffs as expected.

    Bellaire vs. Cinco
    Lamar vs. 7 Lakes

    Katy vs. HISD who cares.

    How far until they meet the "LaPorte" type game and who do you think will be there? Is Manvel or Pearland in Div. II or I?

    It seems in past years that whoever has the "hot" team will be the one going far in the playoffs. Who do you think will be in the regional finals?

    Also, coming from SA, Hendrickson or Smithson?

    Just curious.

  2. #2102
    All-Universe Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    109 S. 6th, Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,833

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by geauxtigers View Post
    So, let's assume all go to the playoffs as expected.

    Bellaire vs. Cinco
    Lamar vs. 7 Lakes

    Katy vs. HISD who cares.

    How far until they meet the "LaPorte" type game and who do you think will be there? Is Manvel or Pearland in Div. II or I?

    It seems in past years that whoever has the "hot" team will be the one going far in the playoffs. Who do you think will be in the regional finals?

    Also, coming from SA, Hendrickson or Smithson?

    Just curious.
    Katy vs. HISD
    Katy vs. Cy-Fair ISD
    Katy vs. La Porte/Elkins
    Katy vs. Bush/Manvel

    That's the region path Katy will take if they manage to get out of the third round.

    Hendrickson is Region II. Smithson Valley and Steele should play for the Region IV title then beat the Region III rep to go to state.

    Hendrickson, Cedar Hill, Midway, Westlake, Lake Travis, Longview, A&M Consolidated, San Angelo Central from Region I and II. Just depends on, like you said, who gets hot.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

  3. #2103
    All-Galaxy Forward Pass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cincoland, TX
    Posts
    2,193

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Katy vs. HISD
    Katy vs. Cy-Fair ISD
    Katy vs. La Porte/Elkins
    Katy vs. Bush/Manvel

    That's the region path Katy will take if they manage to get out of the third round.

    Hendrickson is Region II. Smithson Valley and Steele should play for the Region IV title then beat the Region III rep to go to state.

    Hendrickson, Cedar Hill, Midway, Westlake, Lake Travis, Longview, A&M Consolidated, San Angelo Central from Region I and II. Just depends on, like you said, who gets hot.
    That might be interesting.....
    I love Friday nights when you’re looking for a win and Saturday mornings when you've found one!"
    - Ed Harris, in "Radio"

  4. #2104
    Reserve geauxtigers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Katy
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    It should be a very interesting year for all teams in the greater Houston region. Seems like several are suffering from the injury bug. It will all come down to coaching and how well they can get their kids ready.

  5. #2105
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Katy vs. HISD
    Katy vs. Cy-Fair ISD
    Katy vs. La Porte/Elkins
    Katy vs. Bush/Manvel

    That's the region path Katy will take if they manage to get out of the third round.

    Hendrickson is Region II. Smithson Valley and Steele should play for the Region IV title then beat the Region III rep to go to state.

    Hendrickson, Cedar Hill, Midway, Westlake, Lake Travis, Longview, A&M Consolidated, San Angelo Central from Region I and II. Just depends on, like you said, who gets hot.
    Go to bed without supper!!!
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  6. #2106
    All-Universe Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    109 S. 6th, Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,833

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    Go to bed without supper!!!
    You're not my real mom!
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

  7. #2107
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    You're not my real mom!

    I hope this season is like 2003. I didn't think that team was going to get out of Region. And whooda thunk the 2008 squad would even make it to State nevermind win it?
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  8. #2108
    All-Universe Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    109 S. 6th, Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,833

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    I hope this season is like 2003. I didn't think that team was going to get out of Region. And whooda thunk the 2008 squad would even make it to State nevermind win it?
    2012 looked pretty bad this time last year, if we're being honest. The offense took the first quarter off most games.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

  9. #2109
    All-World tigerfan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    1,842

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    2012 looked pretty bad this time last year, if we're being honest. The offense took the first quarter off most games.
    Not even close, 2012 team was roughly 147 points ahead of this years team, 21 td's and I dont recall many games where the starters played the 4th quarter through the first 8 games except maybe two games..

    2012 team had scored 454 points up to this point...

  10. #2110
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Pass View Post
    That might be interesting.....
    I went to Bush-Elkins.

    These aren't the droids you're looking for...

    If Manvel doesn't make the fourth round this year, they need to just drop back to 4A.

  11. #2111
    All-Galaxy Forward Pass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cincoland, TX
    Posts
    2,193

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    I went to Bush-Elkins.

    These aren't the droids you're looking for...

    If Manvel doesn't make the fourth round this year, they need to just drop back to 4A.
    Elkins QB looked pretty good in the highlights I saw. Did my eyes deceive me?

    Was Bush overrated?
    I love Friday nights when you’re looking for a win and Saturday mornings when you've found one!"
    - Ed Harris, in "Radio"

  12. #2112
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Pass View Post
    Elkins QB looked pretty good in the highlights I saw. Did my eyes deceive me?

    Was Bush overrated?
    I was at that game too. Great athletes all over the field but they couldn't sustain any continuity. I left at halftime and then the game picked by looking at the score. It seemed like every play lasted 30 seconds with the QBs running around.

    Even Cinco could beat those two teams.

    Sad thing about the game. The two teams were both undefeated in District play with the game being the District Title and I bet there weren't more than 50 people in attendance.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  13. #2113
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Pass View Post
    Elkins QB looked pretty good in the highlights I saw. Did my eyes deceive me?

    Was Bush overrated?
    He is a pretty good athlete (nothing like Bush's though). The RB is their best player. Good lateral cutting ability. They are thin overall. They got away with stuff defensively against Bush that they wouldn't get away with against a legit team (repeated all out blitzes on backfield). Bush doesn't believe in hot routes or screens apparently.

    Elkins was thin depth wise, but Bush was even thinner. No depth. They have speed, but it's pure backyard football. The Bush QB is a phenomenal athlete, but one can only freelance so much.

    I was very underwhelmed.

  14. #2114
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,657

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    but Bush was even thinner. No depth. They have speed, but it's pure backyard football. The Bush QB is a phenomenal athlete, but one can only freelance so much.

    Sounds rather 'Bush-league' to me.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  15. #2115
    All-Universe
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sealy
    Posts
    7,230

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Katy defense gets their "Mojo" back. Article mostly focuses on JB's leadership

    http://katytimes.com/sports/article_...a4bcf887a.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

    There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

  16. #2116
    All-Interweb Dawg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    La Porte
    Posts
    10,674

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    He is a pretty good athlete (nothing like Bush's though). The RB is their best player. Good lateral cutting ability. They are thin overall. They got away with stuff defensively against Bush that they wouldn't get away with against a legit team (repeated all out blitzes on backfield). Bush doesn't believe in hot routes or screens apparently.

    Elkins was thin depth wise, but Bush was even thinner. No depth. They have speed, but it's pure backyard football. The Bush QB is a phenomenal athlete, but one can only freelance so much.

    I was very underwhelmed.
    Don't say you weren't warned. (Keep an eye on Clear Creek. They can create match-up issues.)
    GO DAWGS!

  17. #2117
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,925

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    That's already a foregone conclusion in my mind. Porter has put the ball on the ground five times in the past two weeks. He's channeling Michael Webber.
    Webber put one on the ground early to keep Katy from going up 2 scores in 08 I believe
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  18. #2118
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,925

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Pass View Post
    Elkins QB looked pretty good in the highlights I saw. Did my eyes deceive me?

    Was Bush overrated?
    Athletes everywhere. Play calling was equivelent of us getting together for a company flag football game.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  19. #2119
    All-Universe Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    109 S. 6th, Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,833

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Webber put one on the ground early to keep Katy from going up 2 scores in 08 I believe
    I know he fumbled on the second play of the game. We had a big run that got us close to the red zone and then he fumbled it away.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

  20. #2120
    All-Universe Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    109 S. 6th, Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,833

    Default Re: 2013 District 19-5A Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan2010 View Post
    Not even close, 2012 team was roughly 147 points ahead of this years team, 21 td's and I dont recall many games where the starters played the 4th quarter through the first 8 games except maybe two games..

    2012 team had scored 454 points up to this point...
    They were inconsistent and at times they seemed like they were succeeding in spite of themselves, thanks to a soft schedule. My point is improvement at this point in the season isn't too far fetched.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •