Thread: UIL Semi-Final Telecasts

Default UIL Semi-Final Telecasts

FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST ANNOUNCES LIVE
    TELECASTS FOR TWO UIL 5A SEMINFINAL GAMES
    Katy vs. Cibolo Steele, DeSoto vs. Allen Highlight Saturday Lineup
    FOX Sports Southwest announced today it will televise two UIL Class 5A semifinal football playoff games live on Saturday, Dec. 15.A battle of unbeaten teams leads off FOX Sports Southwest’s coverage at 2:00 p.m. CT. Katy (14-0), the top-ranked 5A team in the Texas AP poll and No. 4 in USA Today’s national rankings, meets Cibolo Steele (14-0), ranked third in the state and 25th nationally, at Baylor’s Floyd Casey Stadium in a 5A Division II semifinal. DeSoto (14-0), No. 2 in state and national polls, takes on Allen (13-1), ranked sixth in the state and Best of the Rest in USA’s Today’s Super 25, at SMU’s Ford Stadium at 6:00 p.m. CT. The 5A Division I semifinal will be carried on FOX Sports Southwest Plus in markets televising the Dallas Mavericks-Minnesota Timberwolves NBA game and on FOX Sports Southwest’s primary channel in all other markets.In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the DeSoto-Allen game can be seen on Time Warner Cable channel 906, Charter Communications channel 300, DirecTV channel 677 (677-1 HD), Dish Network channel 440 (9575 HD), AT&T U-Verse channel 757 (1757 HD) and Verizon Fios channel 77 (577 HD). Travis Stewart (play-by-play), LaDarrin McLane (analyst) and Greg Tepper (sideline reporter) will call the Katy-Cibolo Steele game.Roger Emrich (play-by-play), Shea Walker (analyst) and Jim Knox (sideline reporter) will work the DeSoto-Allen telecast.The winners of Saturday’s semifinals advance to the state championships next week at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.FOX Sports Southwest will provide exclusive live coverage of nine state title games from Cowboys Stadium with tripleheaders on Thursday, Dec. 20; Friday, Dec. 21; and Saturday Dec. 22.
    – FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST –
    www.FoxSportsSouthwest.com

All-State

Default Re: UIL Semi-Final Telecasts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2 View Post
    FOX Sports Southwest announced today it will televise two UIL Class 5A semifinal football playoff games live on Saturday, Dec. 15.A battle of unbeaten teams leads off FOX Sports Southwest’s coverage at 2:00 p.m. CT. Katy (14-0), the top-ranked 5A team in the Texas AP poll and No. 4 in USA Today’s national rankings, meets Cibolo Steele (14-0), ranked third in the state and 25th nationally, at Baylor’s Floyd Casey Stadium in a 5A Division II semifinal. DeSoto (14-0), No. 2 in state and national polls, takes on Allen (13-1), ranked sixth in the state and Best of the Rest in USA’s Today’s Super 25, at SMU’s Ford Stadium at 6:00 p.m. CT. The 5A Division I semifinal will be carried on FOX Sports Southwest Plus in markets televising the Dallas Mavericks-Minnesota Timberwolves NBA game and on FOX Sports Southwest’s primary channel in all other markets.In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the DeSoto-Allen game can be seen on Time Warner Cable channel 906, Charter Communications channel 300, DirecTV channel 677 (677-1 HD), Dish Network channel 440 (9575 HD), AT&T U-Verse channel 757 (1757 HD) and Verizon Fios channel 77 (577 HD). Travis Stewart (play-by-play), LaDarrin McLane (analyst) and Greg Tepper (sideline reporter) will call the Katy-Cibolo Steele game.Roger Emrich (play-by-play), Shea Walker (analyst) and Jim Knox (sideline reporter) will work the DeSoto-Allen telecast.The winners of Saturday’s semifinals advance to the state championships next week at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.FOX Sports Southwest will provide exclusive live coverage of nine state title games from Cowboys Stadium with tripleheaders on Thursday, Dec. 20; Friday, Dec. 21; and Saturday Dec. 22.
    – FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST –
    Where did you find this? I have been all over their web site looking for something about it and did not and can not find anything.

– FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST –
    Suddenlink is the cable guys out here; they're schedule currently doesn't have the live broadcast of the D2 game on any FS channel, but probably will as game time gets closer. However, Suddenlink does show the D1 game on their schedule at 6pm on FSSW+
    Abilene High School, class of '84
    United States Air Force, 1984 -2008

https://twitter.com/mike03car
    https://www.facebook.com/mike03car

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

"The past is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by mike03car View Post
    Suddenlink is the cable guys out here; they're schedule currently doesn't have the live broadcast of the D2 game on any FS channel, but probably will as game time gets closer. However, Suddenlink does show the D1 game on their schedule at 6pm on FSSW+
    And this makes sense, http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...outhwest.html/

Quote Originally Posted by TXWayne View Post
    Where did you find this? I have been all over their web site looking for something about it and did not and can not find anything.
    For Immediate Release: CONTACT: Ramon Alvarez, 972/868-1834
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 ralvarez@foxsports.net

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...outhwest.html/

AT&T Uverse in Houston doesn't show the D2 game, but they do show the D1 game. Hopefully, we'll get both too.

Hell yes. I'll be in Waco, but I still wanna record both.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Hell yes. I'll be in Waco, but I still wanna record both.
    Dito. I will be in Austin watching the Lamar Redskins punish O'Connor but I would like to DVR both as well. I have dish network. Anyone know if I will be able?

All-American

Wonder why the 3A-D1 state championship is only a Web cast and not on FSSW+.
    Go Forney - Co Cove
    Hi Kevin

Don't you love getting someone in Tyler who speaks Texan when you call Suddenlink customer service? I love me some Suddenlink.
    YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU TOLERATE

Quote Originally Posted by bob1122 View Post
    Wonder why the 3A-D1 state championship is only a Web cast and not on FSSW+.
    Don't know why they do that as last year it was the same way for the 3A D1 game. Kinda sucks for those kids.
    YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU TOLERATE

A battle of unbeaten teams leads off FOX Sports Southwest's coverage at 2:00 p.m. CT. Katy (14-0), the top-ranked 5A team in the Texas AP poll and No. 4 in USA Today's national rankings, meets Cibolo Steele (14-0), ranked third in the state and 25th nationally, at Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium in a 5A Division II semifinal.

DeSoto (14-0), No. 2 in state and national polls, takes on Allen (13-1), ranked sixth in the state and Best of the Rest in USA's Today's Super 25, at SMU's Ford Stadium at 6:00 p.m. CT. The 5A Division I semifinal will be carried on FOX Sports Southwest Plus in markets televising the Dallas Mavericks-Minnesota Timberwolves NBA game and on FOX Sports Southwest's primary channel in all other markets.

In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the DeSoto-Allen game can be seen on Time Warner Cable channel 906, Charter Communications channel 300, DirecTV channel 677 (677-1 HD), Dish Network channel 440 (9575 HD), AT&T U-Verse channel 757 (1757 HD) and Verizon Fios channel 77 (577 HD).

People in DFW Katy/Steele is on FSW and Allen/DeSoto is on FSW+.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/12...81&feedID=3601

– FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST –

I just checked my Directv guide and they have both games listed on schedule! Yes, I'm glad because now I get to see the games!

Scout Teamer

Hope this is all true...because I recorded the Desoto game last week and when I got home to watch...they didnt show it and that was advertised to be shown on DirecTV as well.
    HTTR!!!! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Man View Post
    AT&T Uverse in Houston doesn't show the D2 game, but they do show the D1 game. Hopefully, we'll get both too.
    Same here in the Austin area with Time Warner Cable (channel 64). I'll check tonight to see if they have updated the programme schedule to show the D2 game as well.

ALSO, does anyone know if this will be broadcast in HD?! Pretty please..

Quote Originally Posted by - sTp - View Post
    Same here in the Austin area with Time Warner Cable (channel 64). I'll check tonight to see if they have updated the programme schedule to show the D2 game as well.

ALSO, does anyone know if this will be broadcast in HD?! Pretty please..
    Fingers crossed. In 2009 Houston's ABC affiliate broadcast the Katy/Cinco game and it looked like a YouTube video from 2004.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

Quote Originally Posted by - sTp -

Check that, the machine now shows it as channel 430 for SD.. And originally it was channel 54, sorry for the goof..

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Fingers crossed. In 2009 Houston's ABC affiliate broadcast the Katy/Cinco game and it looked like a YouTube video from 2004.
    Win.

I found the HD broadcast on channel 1639 here in the Austin area, or Round Rock at least.. I would think affiliates from all over the state will be carrying it as well..