• Desoto < than 10

25 21.55%
  • Desoto > than 10

27 23.28%
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: State Semi-Final Allen vs Desoto 6pm @ SMU

Default Re: State Semi-Final Allen vs Desoto 6pm @ SMU

Quote Originally Posted by DeSoto "U" Dad View Post
    I'm just coming down from Sat between SLC/DeSoto fans we had Ford field rocking.
    Yep, can understand that one...and yes we are ready for some football. Should be another great game this week and everyone knows the Eagles are guaranteed to win! Just which ones is what is not known for sure.
    Allen Eagles
    2008, 2012 & 2013 5A Div. I State Champions

2001, 2003, 2006-2013 District Champions & Plano City Champs

My new friend to much info given out Lol!!!!!!
    Man knows what he is talking about. At the risk of getting this thread off track, again, I gotta find out what was up with their Coach Hall Wasson? watching the replay I'm starting to think he is OCD or very superstitious with the drinking water out of the Gatorade bottles. Saw him do it several times. and those dark glasses....?

~
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

PCC
    2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

James 1:2-3
    Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddydog View Post
    Man knows what he is talking about. At the risk of getting this thread off track, again, I gotta find out what was up with their Coach Hall Wasson? watching the replay I'm starting to think he is OCD or very superstitious with the drinking water out of the Gatorade bottles. Saw him do it several times. and those dark glasses....?

~
    That was pretty funny wasn't it. I am sure he would have preferred they edit that portion out.
    Actually he was concerned that they might have mixed up the game gatorade bottles with mine and we couldn't have Kenny drinking my medicinal elixir.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    That was pretty funny wasn't it. I am sure he would have preferred they edit that portion out.
    Actually he was concerned that they might have mixed up the game gatorade bottles with mine and we couldn't have Kenny drinking my medicinal elixir.
    Ohhh Yeah, good point. I was just wondering. We all have our little idiosincraticies, ughh..... Strange little habits.

GO EAGLES!!!

~
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

PCC
    2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

James 1:2-3
    Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by TexTider View Post
    Welcome, yeah we're looking forward to the challenge of facing the best team in the nation, not sure about the result! Recording the replay of the Desoto U/SLC State game today (hopefully condensed in the 2-hour FOXSW broadcast by eliminating fluff, and not just skipping plays), and will watch when I get home to prepare mentally for our defeat. Looking forward to seeing that battle of behemoths, as the recording my son did of the first broadcast cut off in the 3rd quarter.

I'm guessing a couple dozen Allen JV/freshman/MS coaches might be spending some film time as well.
    Is there a replay of the game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by 15KarenL View Post
    You guys have a game this weekend to prepare for, the replay is only for us lost souls that have nothing to do this Saturday.

I'm just coming down from Sat between SLC/DeSoto fans we had Ford field rocking.
    Ditto that DeSoto "U" Dad. I was so exhausted on Sunday. It was such an emotional game. I am just now getting back into reality myself.

You guys have a game this weekend to prepare for, the replay is only for us lost souls that have nothing to do this Saturday.
    I would like my dad to see it if so, because my son is on the team.

Feel free to come cheer us on. Go DeSoto Eagles!!

Feel free to come cheer us on. Go DeSoto Eagles!!
    We'll see.
    You already have a bandwagon fan from Coppell in your midst. Maybe I will sit in the end zone and be Switzerland.

Reserve

If it's the Allen Eagles I won't be to excited lol but good luck to you guys.

Reserve

<<<<<<<<<<< Look who's a reserve player now lol moved up from scout team!!!!!!!

We'll see.
    You already have a bandwagon fan from Coppell in your midst. Maybe I will sit in the end zone and be Switzerland.
    I've had a head cold and collected about 10 lbs or buggers to flick during the game at tjw, allendad, bigdaddydog, and any Coppell folks in the vicinity. Gonna be a great game for sure.

The replay was at 9 am today. May be another if they got enough eyeballs, and have some weak programming that needs to be bumped.

<<<<<<<<<<< Look who's a reserve player now lol moved up from scout team!!!!!!!
    HITTIN' THE BIG TIME NOW ! ! ! ! !

When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

Quote Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
    I've had a head cold and collected about 10 lbs or buggers to flick during the game at tjw, allendad, bigdaddydog, and any Coppell folks in the vicinity. Gonna be a great game for sure.
    I've been sick since last Friday. . . .
    My wife threatens to leave me every morning as
    I stand at the sink and clean things out ! ! ! !
    When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

Quote Originally Posted by tjw View Post
    Agree for the most part but yesterday DeSoto lost both penalties and turnerovers yet won the game so that one I'm not sure always is the case? Allen also had more turnovers in the Mesquite game yet still won. Point being that although these do come into play and usually holds true, teams can overcome these. Should be an advantage though to the team that wins these.

Agree that whoever wins next Saturday shoud be the favorite for the Championship game but of course Houston Lamar & S.A. O'Conner might not agree.

This should really be a great game with DeSoto's big play threat offense vs. Allen's best defense they have had in years. Both have some athletes on their teams that can score at any give time, big offense & defensive lines, dual threat QB's and the desire to win this one to play for the State Championship. I will have to go with my favorite Allen Eagles to win.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!
    Of course NOT!! LOL!! Go Lamar Redskins!!!!

That is the obvious answer but executing that is another matter. The kid has the field presence of someone much older with more experience, one of those things you cannot teach. I can honestly say that we did a very good job containing him and keeping him where we wanted to and he still burned us. What will surprise you are their WR's. White and Wilson are the marquee names but damn those receivers were tall, fast and caught some balls that they simply should not have. It is tough to scheme against them because of their 4 wide scheme. You cannot play zone or they will simply run it down your throat. Now what was open and we did NOT do was the short to intermediate pass that was open all FRIGGIN day but we ran into a pile had a huge number of 2nd and 8's and threw long. Kenny did well and our receivers did well but the fact is they are low percentage plays.
    The key to beating them is pushing your wide outs to sideline type routes and getting your slot receivers behind the LB's and under the safeties quickly, hold the ball too long and you get picked or your receiver gets decapitated. It is a short window but is there consistently. That is how we converted so many 3rd downs.
    Allen's defense is better than Carroll's IMO but Desoto is going to get their yards and their points. You can try ball control with the run but that will ultimately fail. Their LB's were fantastic. You are going to have to throw and if you want to keep them off the field the short passes will keep them honest and can open up the run game for brief snippets.
    I think this game is close enough that is may simply boil down to which set of teenage boys can keep their wits about them the best.
    Against Coppell their WRs did a great job with downfield blocking also. You better have your head on a swivel.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE BEBC...SQUIGGLES!!!!!
    STATE CHAMPS 2008, 2012, & 2013........

Quote Originally Posted by redskin View Post
    Of course NOT!! LOL!! Go Lamar Redskins!!!!
    Good to see those lurking finally post here. I knew O'Connor & Lamar folks would be checking things out since both hoping to win this week the same as I've been checking theirs. Hope to see one at Cowboy stadium on the 22nd (if the world survives the 2st & we make it past DeSoto).
    Allen Eagles
    2008, 2012 & 2013 5A Div. I State Champions

2001, 2003, 2006-2013 District Champions & Plano City Champs

Long time lurker here. This match up forced me to post. I was witness to the devastation wrought upon the briefly-hopeful heads of the Coppell team at Eagle Stadium. Desoto might be the scariest high school football team. . .ummm. . .ever. The only team I might find equally terrifying was that Miami Northwestern Bulls bunch who came to play Southlake a few years back. Similarities abound.
    I've not read all of the posts thus far, but what I have read is largely about the Desoto offense. To be sure, they are explosive. Let me expound on what I saw on that Desoto defensive front. There are 3 players who could walk onto the LSU squad and compete effectively right NOW. #54 is a boulder mounted on a great big rocket sled. Merciless pursuit, great footwork, punishing tackling. This is what makes this game so exciting. Allen's big, physical, dare-I-say nasty O-line battling those bruisers on defense. Neither team has gone against the likes of each other before. Fire up those Richter scales boys. This one's going to be EPIC.
    "LIVE LIFE LIKE A FOOTBALL GAME: DON'T FLINCH, DON'T FOUL, AND HIT THE LINE HARD."

Theodore Roosevelt