Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Division 1 playoff predictions

Default Division 1 playoff predictions

For the teams that are already in the playoffs how do you think it will pan out? You can include who you think will make the playoffs who has yet to clinch in your predictions!

Administrator

Default Re: Division 1 playoff predictions

R1-R2 winner takes state by a large margin.

All-District

Judson probably wins Region 4....if their talent can overcome their propensity to execute inconsistently and turn the ball over. Just my opinion. For those whose disagree instead of pointing out Judsons flaws let's keep this positive and hear about your choice in Class 1;

Region 1 favorites should be SLC or Desoto (keep an eye on Arlington Bowie)

Region 2 favorites should be Allen or Skyline (keep an eye on Mesquite)
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

Quote Originally Posted by SLCbacker View Post

Say I'm living in the past, but I'm still not ready to count Trinity out.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".
    -- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    Say I'm living in the past, but I'm still not ready to count Trinity out.
    Good point...but have you seen them play??
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

Good point...but have you seen them play??
    Not this year, but they are still Trinity and I don't count them out until they are out. They have proven over the years they can win games they aren't supposed to win. I say the same thing about SLC.
    -- Douglas Adams

Not this year, but they are still Trinity and I don't count them out until they are out. They have proven over the years they can win games they aren't supposed to win. I say the same thing about SLC.
    Only one will make it out of round 3, as they should be favored to meet there. I'm sorry neither gets Allen in Rd 2, but Mesquite's passing game should be game enough for Allen. There are going to be some great match ups this year!

Winner of Reg 1 D1 will be state champ.

Only one will make it out of round 3, as they should be favored to meet there. I'm sorry neither gets Allen in Rd 2, but Mesquite's passing game should be game enough for Allen. There are going to be some great match ups this year!
    The thought of Mesquite's passing game really concerns me. That is one of Allen's weakest points. Still it is best not to think about Mesquite until Allen gets there. I remember losing in the first round before, even though Allen was highly favored. Gotta play them one game at a time. Oh, and it doesn't bother me at all that Allen doesn't play SLC or Trinity or Desoto or any of those other great teams. Geez, I wanna win the games we play, not go home a loser because we got beat by another great SLC (or Trinity or whoever.) And don't start talking about that 1st. game of the year. You know how hard it is to beat the same team twice in the same year. Besides, the SLC team we played early on ain't the same SLC team playing today and I think we all know that.
    -- Douglas Adams

All-American

I'd take Coppell over Desoto. They'll want it more than any team out there and Desoto has not really been tested. Trinity is just not that good this year. Coppell's defense is best in DFW.
    Last edited by padcrasher; 11-04-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
    I'd take Coppell over Desoto. They'll want it more than any team out there.
    Coppell's good, they might take it all. I was a little disappointed in the Denton Ryan game. Coppell was really off and they can't let that happen against a good team. I was at that game and I just couldn't believe Coppell's #99 got taken to the woodshed all night by Ryan's #62. #99 looked like he was at least a foot taller than #62. I got where I was mainly just watching that match-up. Got several people around me watching it too. Because of the size difference (and the score) most of these people were pulling for #62. I was sitting with the Coppell fans (know a couple of people from there) at the time. For some reason I don't think they would have been as interested in that match-up if the score had been different.
    -- Douglas Adams

I'd take Coppell over Desoto. They'll want it more than any team out there and Desoto has not really been tested. Trinity is just not that good this year. Coppell's defense is best in DFW.
    I saw Coppell play Ryan this week. I don't think they have the offensive productivity to hang with SLC, Desoto, or Bowie. I have seen Desoto play 2X this year. They have some great talent, but are prone to make a few mistakes. It will be interesting to hear the prognosis of their QBs injury...without Desmond White, Coppell has a good chance of beating them in RD 2.

The thought of Mesquite's passing game really concerns me.
    Allen's D is going to put much more pressure on Mesquite's QB than he is used to. Throw in a few Ollie blitzes and I think they will give him fits. Think Allen outscores Mesquite. I remember a shoot-out last time we met.
    Anything the government can do, the market can do better.

The freer the market, the freer the people.

I'll compare DeSoto's pre-district and district opponents to Coppell and would say that DeSoto has been tested more so than Coppell. As for a team wanting it more than others, all teams at this point of the season want it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmo069 View Post
    Allen's D is going to put much more pressure on Mesquite's QB than he is used to. Throw in a few Ollie blitzes and I think they will give him fits. Think Allen outscores Mesquite. I remember a shoot-out last time we met.
    Gotta get to that game first.

Dang your avatar gets me to thinking about things other than football. It ain't right for that to be your avatar.......BUT don't you dare change it.
    -- Douglas Adams

I saw Coppell play Ryan this week. I don't think they have the offensive productivity to hang with SLC, Desoto, or Bowie. I have seen Desoto play 2X this year. They have some great talent, but are prone to make a few mistakes. It will be interesting to hear the prognosis of their QBs injury...without Desmond White, Coppell has a good chance of beating them in RD 2.
    Dez is fine and will be ready.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2 View Post
    I'll compare DeSoto's pre-district and district opponents to Coppell and would say that DeSoto has been tested more so than Coppell. As for a team wanting it more than others, all teams at this point of the season want it.
    All teams want it, but no team can want it more than another team? Is that what you saying? That's not how life works. A State Championship can mean more to one team than to another team depending on the circumstances. In rare cases, one team might be fighting for something greater than the State Championship itself.
    Last edited by padcrasher; 11-04-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Banned

NS loss to LP last week was the best thing that can happen to them. Playoffs will be a great challenge for the Mustangs. NS will make it to state but will have to get threw the likes of Cy Falls, Lamar, Alief Taylor, Pearland, & Clear Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2 View Post
    So Arlington Martin, Jenks, OK & Trinity versus Longview, McKinney Boyd, Rockwell, Garland & Allen? Longview, Trinity & Garland not doing as well as in previous years. Coppell did face a top 5 team when they played with both being undefeated at the time so I would have to give a slight edge to Coppell in nondistrict.

Both teams districts are not that strong only a couple teams in each. Both have not really been tested like the playoffs will. Should be good to see who wins what when we get their.
    Allen Eagles
    2008, 2012 & 2013 5A Div. I State Champions

2001, 2003, 2006-2013 District Champions & Plano City Champs