Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 291

Thread: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    My latest first attempt at rankings ever:

    1. Dallas Skyline
    2. Lake Travis
    3. Southlake Carroll
    4. Arlington Martin
    5. Manvel
    6. The Woodlands
    7. Spring Dekaney
    8. Cibolo Steele
    9. Spring Westfield
    10. La Porte
    11. Port Arthur Memorial
    12. Katy
    13. Euless Trinity
    14. FB Hightower
    15. Longview
    16. DeSoto
    17. Lufkin
    18. Pearland
    19. Hewitt Midway
    20. Allen
    21. Arlington Bowie
    22. Smithson Valley
    23. Cedar Hill
    24. Mansfield Timberview
    25. San Antonio Madison

    Let's play some football.

  2. #2
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,825

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Nice work!

    But, I seriously don't see Katy that far down the list at all.

    Also, you most likely just pissed off a bunch of Madison Mav fans on this site!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  3. #3
    All-Galaxy DPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Land Of The Lost
    Posts
    2,644

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Interesting but I think you got Trinity way too high. I would put Longview and Desoto over them for sure.

    And no Colleyville Heritage?

  4. #4
    All-Interweb BlakeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493
    Posts
    18,402

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    My latest first attempt at rankings ever:

    1. Dallas Skyline
    2. Lake Travis
    3. Southlake Carroll
    4. Arlington Martin
    5. Manvel
    6. The Woodlands
    7. Spring Dekaney
    8. Cibolo Steele
    9. Spring Westfield
    10. La Porte
    11. Port Arthur Memorial
    12. Katy
    13. Euless Trinity
    14. FB Hightower
    15. Longview
    16. DeSoto
    17. Lufkin
    18. Pearland
    19. Hewitt Midway
    20. Allen
    21. Arlington Bowie
    22. Smithson Valley
    23. Cedar Hill
    24. Mansfield Timberview
    25. San Antonio Madison

    Let's play some football.
    Is this the end of 2011 Top 25?


  5. #5
    All-District
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lewisville
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    My latest first attempt at rankings ever:

    1. Dallas Skyline
    2. Lake Travis
    3. Southlake Carroll
    4. Arlington Martin
    5. Manvel
    6. The Woodlands
    7. Spring Dekaney
    8. Cibolo Steele
    9. Spring Westfield
    10. La Porte
    11. Port Arthur Memorial
    12. Katy
    13. Euless Trinity
    14. FB Hightower
    15. Longview
    16. DeSoto
    17. Lufkin
    18. Pearland
    19. Hewitt Midway
    20. Allen
    21. Arlington Bowie
    22. Smithson Valley
    23. Cedar Hill
    24. Mansfield Timberview
    25. San Antonio Madison

    Let's play some football.
    No Abilene in the top 25? From what I have seen they have been projected to be a top 10 or even top 5 team preseason.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    Nice work!

    But, I seriously don't see Katy that far down the list at all.

    Also, you most likely just pissed off a bunch of Madison Mav fans on this site!
    The non-district Katy-Woodlands game at Woodforest will create an early Houston area tie-in between R2/R3 and by proxy through DFW (Woods-Skyline).

    I think the 11-15 range is where Katy should start based on last year and returning talent. I had the Tigers and Trinity grouped together. They are in similar positions on paper going into 2012.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by DPaul View Post
    And no Colleyville Heritage?
    Almost.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by 5-5A Hebron View Post
    No Abilene in the top 25? From what I have seen they have been projected to be a top 10 or even top 5 team preseason.
    Close. I couldn't put them in over Timberview.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    Nice work!

    But, I seriously don't see Katy that far down the list at all.

    Also, you most likely just pissed off a bunch of Madison Mav fans on this site!
    I like being ranked 25th, so when in week 0 the 25th team beats the number 8 team we can all come back and say it was wrong but if 8 beats 25 it was suppose to happen, besides it helps me get a free pick in pick em challenge, all these peeps will pick Steele based on ranking and that gives me a free one game lead on everyone else, hell I'm starting to like these rankings but as you can tell they very unreliable.

  10. #10
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    31,621

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    My latest first attempt at rankings ever:

    1. Dallas Skyline
    2. Lake Travis
    3. Southlake Carroll
    4. Arlington Martin
    5. Manvel
    6. The Woodlands
    7. Spring Dekaney
    8. Cibolo Steele
    9. Spring Westfield
    10. La Porte
    11. Port Arthur Memorial
    12. Katy
    13. Euless Trinity
    14. FB Hightower
    15. Longview
    16. DeSoto
    17. Lufkin
    18. Pearland
    19. Hewitt Midway
    20. Allen
    21. Arlington Bowie
    22. Smithson Valley
    23. Cedar Hill
    24. Mansfield Timberview
    25. San Antonio Madison

    Let's play some football.
    You think Dekaney is top 10 without Trey?
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

  11. #11
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spring.texas
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    My latest first attempt at rankings ever:

    1. Dallas Skyline
    2. Lake Travis
    3. Southlake Carroll
    4. Arlington Martin
    5. Manvel
    6. The Woodlands
    7. Spring Dekaney
    8. Cibolo Steele
    9. Spring Westfield
    10. La Porte
    11. Port Arthur Memorial
    12. Katy
    13. Euless Trinity
    14. FB Hightower
    15. Longview
    16. DeSoto
    17. Lufkin
    18. Pearland
    19. Hewitt Midway
    20. Allen
    21. Arlington Bowie
    22. Smithson Valley
    23. Cedar Hill
    24. Mansfield Timberview
    25. San Antonio Madison

    Let's play some football.
    So in your opinion you think DeKaney or Westfield will win 13-5A.

  12. #12
    All-World Eagle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DeSoto
    Posts
    1,737

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    My latest first attempt at rankings ever:

    1. Dallas Skyline
    2. Lake Travis
    3. Southlake Carroll
    4. Arlington Martin
    5. Manvel
    6. The Woodlands
    7. Spring Dekaney
    8. Cibolo Steele
    9. Spring Westfield
    10. La Porte
    11. Port Arthur Memorial
    12. Katy
    13. Euless Trinity
    14. FB Hightower
    15. Longview
    16. DeSoto
    17. Lufkin
    18. Pearland
    19. Hewitt Midway
    20. Allen
    21. Arlington Bowie
    22. Smithson Valley
    23. Cedar Hill
    24. Mansfield Timberview
    25. San Antonio Madison

    Let's play some football.
    16. DeSoto. It's great being the underdog and with something to prove. Let the fun and games begin!!!! Gettin ready for some football.

  13. #13
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    You think Dekaney is top 10 without Trey?
    I agree with you for once.

    I do agree with 1 and 2 on paper but in a hypothetical playoff matchup, lt beats skyline.

    Katy and trinity are a little underranked. Woodz is a little too high

  14. #14
    All-Interweb chhspantherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    7-6A
    Posts
    19,508

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    Almost.
    Not even close. Slow small and unathletic

  15. #15
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,825

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn3 View Post
    I like being ranked 25th, so when in week 0 the 25th team beats the number 8 team we can all come back and say it was wrong but if 8 beats 25 it was suppose to happen, besides it helps me get a free pick in pick em challenge, all these peeps will pick Steele based on ranking and that gives me a free one game lead on everyone else, hell I'm starting to like these rankings but as you can tell they very unreliable.
    Yes indeed!

    Like I've said before, I'd take a loss in weeks 1-10 without a bit of a tear just as long as our kids stay healthy and get better every week. I'd gladly trade last year's week 0 win over Madison for a better finish the last game of the year! You know that we didn't shed many tears over the week 0 loss to Madison at the end of Dec in 2010?!!!!!!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  16. #16
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,825

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    The non-district Katy-Woodlands game at Woodforest will create an early Houston area tie-in between R2/R3 and by proxy through DFW (Woods-Skyline).

    I think the 11-15 range is where Katy should start based on last year and returning talent. I had the Tigers and Trinity grouped together. They are in similar positions on paper going into 2012.
    I got you. I'm looking for big years once again out of both Katy and Trinity. It was actually kind of wierd not seeing one or the other.....or both in Dallas at the end. Of course if SLC hadn't been there it would have really been a strange year not having 1 of the three in the title games!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  17. #17
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    You think Dekaney is top 10 without Trey?
    I think they're capable. The defense was a huge part of their success last year, and talent isn't a problem in that area. They might not have another Trey Williams, but they'll have guys plenty capable.

  18. #18
    All-World TrinityTrojan299's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bedford, TX
    Posts
    1,654

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    I got you. I'm looking for big years once again out of both Katy and Trinity. It was actually kind of wierd not seeing one or the other.....or both in Dallas at the end. Of course if SLC hadn't been there it would have really been a strange year not having 1 of the three in the title games!

    Always a compliment for us anytime we are mentioned along with Katy or SLC. We should be decent to good this year, but probably have a better team in 2013. Our ranking looks about right.

  19. #19
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    16,137

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post

    Katy and trinity are a little underranked.
    Katy won't be a top ten team, in my opinion, unless the OL steps up and stays major injury free- despite the talent at RB. The Tigers are largely relying on a group of juniors to fill out the depth chart around three experienced seniors. If the OL is not consistently very good to dominant, the offense will rely on conversions from an untested and untried QB.

    Trinity looks as pedestrian on paper this year as I can remember ever seeing them (since 2000 anyway). It may be that I don't know their new talent moving up, but the cupboard looks pretty thin in the way of proven players.

  20. #20
    All-Universe cougmantx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Katy/Burnet Texas
    Posts
    8,586

    Default Re: My Pre-Season 2012 State Top 25

    Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    Katy won't be a top ten team, in my opinion, unless the OL steps up and stays major injury free- despite the talent at RB. The Tigers are largely relying on a group of juniors to fill out the depth chart around three experienced seniors. If the OL is not consistently very good to dominant, the offense will rely on conversions from an untested and untried QB.

    Trinity looks as pedestrian on paper this year as I can remember ever seeing them (since 2000 anyway). It may be that I don't know their new talent moving up, but the cupboard looks pretty thin in the way of proven players.

    Well you can't put it any planer than that...
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •