Thread: Dez arrested for family violence

Default Dez arrested for family violence

Oh brother, all we need a few weeks before training camp opens

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-in-desoto.ece

Default Re: Dez arrested for family violence

Quote Originally Posted by CCCSportsFan View Post
    Oh brother, all we need a few weeks before training camp opens

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-in-desoto.ece
    BS......why wait until Monday? I'm thinking reality show promo.

All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard

Dumaz Bryant...

...nuff said...
    2013 5A TEXAS HS FOOTBALL COLLEGE TOP GUN "PICK 'EM" CHAMPION

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it......shut up about the 10% and deal with the 90%....you have control over the 90%.

CHARACTER is not found in a bottle, a pipe, a doob, a line, a hit, a needle, or any other means of obsession that alters the mind and creates illusions of grandeur, no matter how hard you look for it there... If you have to prop it up with a substance....it ain't CHARACTER.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

Is it any surprise that when the kid that has the horrible upbringing blossoms into an elite level athlete and is coddled from that moment on has these kind of issues? I mean, really?

Also, there is no excuse for violence against women and children, period. I am not giving Dez a pass on this. Having said that the only thing that surprises me about this situation is it took this long to come to a head. This is the same woman who was selling drugs, prostitutiing herself and never really around for the man when he was but a boy. Do any of us honestly think all of the issues that would arise from such a set of circumstances were dealt with, professionally and permanently?
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    Is it any surprise that when the kid that has the horrible upbringing blossoms into an elite level athlete and is coddled from that moment on has these kind of issues? I mean, really?

Also, there is no excuse for violence against women and children, period. I am not giving Dez a pass on this. Having said that the only thing that surprises me about this situation is it took this long to come to a head. This is the same woman who was selling drugs, prostitutiing herself and never really around for the man when he was but a boy. Do any of us honestly think all of the issues that would arise from such a set of circumstances were dealt with, professionally and permanently?
    Good post...I've met her. She had much the same upbringing as Dez's grandfather is in prison. Just a bad situation that will probably get worse...

This is but another in the same pattern of behavior. And, the outlook is not good.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer odessapermian.com's Avatar

If we could just get him to knock off Jerruh Jones....

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Dez's mom is the woman in question. She was 14-15 when she had him - has a rap sheet a mile long. Reportedly - at least one of her bf's abused Dez as a young boy, maybe others as well. A real piece of work, probably some mental issues as well.

She's about 5'11", 200 lbs. Obviously an argument happened - not sure about physical encounter, but probably. Would it surprise me if she had a bf come over later and give her a few arm smacks to help her case? Not at all.

A really sad situation.
    Go Pack!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Go Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    Dez's mom is the woman in question. She was 14-15 when she had him - has a rap sheet a mile long. Reportedly - at least one of her bf's abused Dez as a young boy, maybe others as well. A real piece of work, probably some mental issues as well.

She's about 5'11", 200 lbs. Obviously an argument happened - not sure about physical encounter, but probably. Would it surprise me if she had a bf come over later and give her a few arm smacks to help her case? Not at all.

A really sad situation.
    Not saying IF this really happened that its alright but she's no shrinking violet. This is not a case of Dez beating on his poor little old mama. She has a history of drug use including PCP. Again, I'm not trying to persecute the woman but most people around the country dont understand what he is dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post

A really sad situation.
    She is probably mad that he put her up in Desoto instead of Highland Park.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    She is probably mad that he put her up in Desoto instead of Highland Park.
    see Post #2.

Somebody should get Dez to slap this one. Got your baby drinking from the sink.

R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    see Post #2.
    The mother of Dallas Cowboy Dez Bryant has asked authorities not to prosecute her son after she called police more than a week ago and said he assaulted her, the Dallas County District Attorney’s office said Monday.

DeSoto police formally filed the charge against the 23-year-old wide receiver Monday but “also brought us an affidavit of non-prosecution from the complainant in this case” Jamille Bradfield, spokeswoman for District Attorney Craig Watkins, wrote in an email.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012...-her-son.html/

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post

He's a talented football player so the Cowboy's want him and coddle him, he makes a lot of money so his mom wants to recant her story, and it should be no surprise that the major league enabling going on here does nothing to help him grow into a responsible adult. It is a sad situation but has a predictable outcome.
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

I'm thinking at his age he know's right from wrong regardless of his upbringing. To those who issue passes to notorious stars who display bad behavior is there some magic age in your own mind that these people can be held accountable for their actions. If you have no magic age in mind and offer a lifetime excuse perhaps you could consider we put them in a special place with others that have like behavior.

Southlake - I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by mojotrain View Post
    I'm thinking at his age he know's right from wrong regardless of his upbringing. To those who issue passes to notorious stars who display bad behavior is there some magic age in your own mind that these people can be held accountable for their actions. If you have no magic age in mind and offer a lifetime excuse perhaps you could consider we put them in a special place with others that have like behavior.
    Dez knows right from wrong but he cannot manage his anger. Without help he never will. When his anger goes out of control he will misbehave everytime. He is not alone. Road rage is a sort of anger control issue. Plenty of people have it and for some reason there rarely brought to justice for breaking the law.
    PROTECT THE TRADITION

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFan0316 View Post
    Dez knows right from wrong but he cannot manage his anger. Without help he never will. When his anger goes out of control he will misbehave everytime. He is not alone. Road rage is a sort of anger control issue. Plenty of people have it and for some reason there rarely brought to justice for breaking the law.
    I don't buy it. If he needs help, the club can provide anything and everything. He's just another talented dude who thinks he can get away with anything.
    Did he get angry at the jeweler because he didn't pay? He is an undisiplined person in every aspect.

If he wants to get angry, why doesn't he get angry with the Eagles, Giants, etc. who kick his arse every time.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Dez just hurt his knee in practice..MRI being done.

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    Dez just hurt his knee in practice..MRI being done.
    Patellar tendinitis, from what I'm hearing. Doctors say he just needs a little rest.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!