Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 State 7-7 Qualifying Pools Div 1

Default Re: 2012 State 7-7 Qualifying Pools Div 1

Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    As a side note who is going to College Station. My boy wants to go but I have not decided if we are going to take the trip or not.

Reggie
    This event is great to attend! Just make sure you bring folding chairs, giant umbrella, sun screen, lots of water!

All-State

I glad we play 7 on 7
    Abilene has a spread team this year and could really use the reps and enjoy the team time together..

Wish it wasnt so damn HOT!!!!!!!!

any way good luck out there guys and have fun!!!!

As seen on TOC....

If teams accept these adiddas jerseys/shoes/cleats, they WILL have to wear them during the entire state tournament. They will have one black jersey and one white jersey. No team color, name or logo will be on the jerseys. I understand what they're trying to do here by giving all this stuff away. However, the 7on7 board should've waited a year and figured out a way that adiddas could customize the jerseys to have school colors, name, and logo. If this were the case I think pretty much everybody would be fine with the situation (can't please all). It all just seems too rushed and not properly planned out. If you don't want to do your due diligence than get off the board and let others who will do it on. That's just my opinion....

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer odessapermian.com's Avatar

If you're going and don't live close by, I hope you have already secured a hotel room.

AVOID HOWARD JOHNSON ON HIGHWAY 6!

Quote Originally Posted by odessapermian.com View Post
    If you're going and don't live close by, I hope you have already secured a hotel room.

AVOID HOWARD JOHNSON ON HIGHWAY 6!
    Haha, I've heard so many bad stories about that place! Glad I've never had to go inside!

Quote Originally Posted by forest99 View Post
    This event is great to attend! Just make sure you bring folding chairs, giant umbrella, sun screen, lots of water!
    Check your inbox..

Keep us abreast of the games/scores if you can. Thanks Forest!
    Bobcat Fight Never Dies

Quote Originally Posted by forest99 View Post
    Haha, I've heard so many bad stories about that place! Glad I've never had to go inside!
    We were stuck there 3 or 4 years ago. First thing we had to do after checking in was go to Walmart to buy a roll of duct tape. There was a 2" gap all around the air conditioner, and you could actually see outside. So we used pretty much the entire roll filling in the gaps so the bugs wouldn't come in the room.

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odessapermian.com View Post
    We were stuck there 3 or 4 years ago. First thing we had to do after checking in was go to Walmart to buy a roll of duct tape. There was a 2" gap all around the air conditioner, and you could actually see outside. So we used pretty much the entire roll filling in the gaps so the bugs wouldn't come in the room.
    I stayed in a hotel in Jersey one time where I walked in the room to find that there wasn't a window at all. I called down to the desk and asked if I could get a room with a window and the desk clerk said your room has a window. I said it has a place for a window but no window. Even after changing rooms I still didn't sleep all that much that night.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

All-World

check out this open letter to the 7 on 7 Board of Directors, someone is certainly not on board with the uniforms

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showms...id=984&style=2

Quote Originally Posted by has09 View Post
    check out this open letter to the 7 on 7 Board of Directors, someone is certainly not on board with the uniforms

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showms...id=984&style=2
    you know Hooked posts here too, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    you know Hooked posts here too, I'm sure.
    Perhaps he does.

The letter was written with the assumption that association board has not changed its stance on mandating wearing the uniforms. There have been unsubstantiated statements both ways from people who claim first-hand conversations or exchanges of correspondence with state tournament officials, but since the official state tournament website has not been updated to clarify this issue since the original declaration was posted, I have to assume they still intend on allowing Adidas to fully exploit the athletes at this tournament to promote their products.

To be clear: if accepting and wearing the apparel is optional, I have no problem with this whatsoever. However, if the state association stands by its initial pronouncement that the teams must all wear the Adidas uniforms, anybody who thinks the tournament board and Adidas are doing this primarily 'for the kids' is incredibly naive. Remember, the association has said in its own words that they are only doing this because of the 'scrutiny' the tournament receives. Mandated uniforms = no scrutiny!!

I have made separate inquiries to three board members about this issue with zero responses thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Perhaps he does.

The letter was written with the assumption that association board has not changed its stance on mandating wearing the uniforms. There have been unsubstantiated statements both ways from people who claim first-hand conversations or exchanges of correspondence with state tournament officials, but since the official state tournament website has not been updated to clarify this issue since the original declaration was posted, I have to assume they still intend on allowing Adidas to fully exploit the athletes at this tournament to promote their products.

To be clear: if accepting and wearing the apparel is optional, I have no problem with this whatsoever. However, if the state association stands by its initial pronouncement that the teams must all wear the Adidas uniforms, anybody who thinks the tournament board and Adidas are doing this primarily 'for the kids' is incredibly naive. Remember, the association has said in its own words that they are only doing this because of the 'scrutiny' the tournament receives. Mandated uniforms = no scrutiny!!

I have made separate inquiries to three board members about this issue with zero responses thus far.
    Money money money
    Must be funny
    In a rich mans world

Money money money
    Always sunny
    In a rich mans world

Perhaps he does.

did you try this........Our Executive Director, Doug Stephens, may be reached by phone at 972.914.8445.

Anyone going to games that can up date results?

Quote Originally Posted by tmcran View Post
    Anyone going to games that can up date results?
    rivals site is toast.......you can follow at http://www.txstate7on7.com/Live_Updates.html

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    did you try this........Our Executive Director, Doug Stephens, may be reached by phone at 972.914.8445.
    Reports are that the uniforms are mandatory. [shock]

Reports are that the uniforms are mandatory. [shock]
    I hear ya, but all the Moms love them.

I haven't seen them in person yet. They look okay. A friend who was there watching the D2 pool play said you had no idea which team was which until one of them scored and the new manual scoreboards were changed.