Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And it's good bye to a$m.....

Default And it's good bye to a$m.....

Officially.

See ya...

Default Re: And it's good bye to a$m.....

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    Officially.

See ya...
    Bu bye........

Do us a favor and be sure to keep an eye on those attendance stats, would ya?

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar

I think it's sort of sad to see them go. Still don't think they will be a good fit in the SEC with their traditions.

But I'm happy we're still here!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by DrEdward View Post
    I think it's sort of sad to see them go. Still don't think they will be a good fit in the SEC with their traditions.

But I'm happy we're still here!
    Can't be any worse than their fit with the Big 12. All I ever heard from them was trash talking about the Aggie traditions. TT, BU, UT, OU are all constantly dogging the Aggs for their history - why would that ever be a good fit? On the other hand, almost every SEC fan I've talked to has been really proud of their schools traditions and think the Aggie ones would fit in.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin109 View Post
    Can't be any worse than their fit with the Big 12. All I ever heard from them was trash talking about the Aggie traditions. TT, BU, UT, OU are all constantly dogging the Aggs for their history - why would that ever be a good fit? On the other hand, almost every SEC fan I've talked to has been really proud of their schools traditions and think the Aggie ones would fit in.
    Cool story bro.
    Hunterbunter
    2008 FAIL CHALLENGE CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    Oh snap!
    Judson just got hunterbunted!
    Quote Originally Posted by BDB View Post
    i'll cheer for harlingen when they play the hitler high school fightin' bigots.

I listen to some SEC sports radio stations on XM driving home from work and they are already "dogging" on the aTm traditions, granted they probably need translators for these backwood Bama fans. No other schools (including the military academies) have the kind of traditions that the aggies do, so really no one understands some of the stuff they do. My cousins who go to aTm don't get, or scoff at, some of the traditions. Its just sometimes a lot of in your face stuff and kind of strange. I don't mean to be offensive against aTm, having a ton of respect for the school and all that go there.

I am also in that group that is pretty sad to see them go and wish the aggies the best of luck.

I know a lot of older aggie alums are not too happy with the move still, and many younger alums are the ones that are completely for it. Granted I've spoken to mostly alums in their late 40s, early 50s or alums in their mid 20s. Kinda curious to aggies in the middle feel about the permanent move..
    "Full pads Tully"
    "Men, tonight we will not run the 90 series but we might and we probably will" - Coach Perkins

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

Pied, why are you up at 4:46am??

All-Interweb

YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Let me go tell the five sec boards I'm on that big daddy yankee thinks they're funny
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

All-Interweb

Let me go tell the five sec boards I'm on that big daddy yankee thinks they're funny
    Woah, you're on 5 message boards??? Austin109 wins the interwebz, get this guy a cookie!!

Don't get so butthurt over the aggy bashing. I'm an OU fan, and get it plenty on here and just roll with it. I guess the difference between the OU and the aggy bashing from whorn fans is that OU wins, while aggy fails. So I can see how you're more defensive about it...

Woah, you're on 5 message boards??? Austin109 wins the interwebz, get this guy a cookie!!

Don't get so butthurt over the aggy bashing. I'm an OU fan, and get it plenty on here and just roll with it. I guess the difference between the OU and the aggy bashing from whorn fans is that OU wins, while aggy fails. So I can see how you're more defensive about it...
    Calm down dude. No need to get defensive about being wrong. Point of it all is that the only people I hear about how bad the SEC is are the big 12 members. The SEC guys have been really inviting and spent time to learn about the aggie traditions.

As for OU getting plenty, you're stupid if you think it holds a candle to the aggie smack. No need to get paternal.
    Last edited by Austin109; 07-03-2012 at 05:47 PM.

All-Interweb

The SEC guys have been really inviting and spent time to learn about the aggy traditions.
    Please, tell us more about your new BFF's.

Please, tell us more about your new BFF's.

I expected more from you. I guess it's to be expected though.

All-Universe

I grew up in Georgia, my Father grew up in MS. So you can imagine the fun conversations we had about who was better at tradition, Ole Miss or Georgia.

IMO, the traditions at TAMU fit in nicely with the traditions of the schools in the SEC. Every heard the whole freakin Arkie crowd yell Suey pig at the same time, or hear Ole Miss with their Hotty Toddy chant?

Jeez guys, I think TAMU gets their Arse handed to them for the first couple of years but after that it's going to be a scrap!

No I am not a TAMU fan I just like the way they play ball and their traditions

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    I grew up in Georgia, my Father grew up in MS. So you can imagine the fun conversations we had about who was better at tradition, Ole Miss or Georgia.

IMO, the traditions at TAMU fit in nicely with the traditions of the schools in the SEC. Every heard the whole freakin Arkie crowd yell Suey pig at the same time, or hear Ole Miss with their Hotty Toddy chant?

Jeez guys, I think TAMU gets their Arse handed to them for the first couple of years but after that it's going to be a scrap!

No I am not a TAMU fan I just like the way they play ball and their traditions
    Where have you been the last 8 years? Believe it or not, the Franchione years were actually the good years. I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Where have you been the last 8 years? Believe it or not, the Franchione years were actually the good years. I miss him.
    Actually, I don't think Slocum was all that bad. He was usually good for 7 or 8 wins a season. Toward the end of his tenure, not good enough. He was never going to meet the expectation. (A pretty unreal expectation to me, sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by SV61 View Post
    Actually, I don't think Slocum was all that bad. He was usually good for 7 or 8 wins a season. Toward the end of his tenure, not good enough. He was never going to meet the expectation. (A pretty unreal expectation to me, sometimes).
    My math was wrong I guess. I approximated the Franchione and Sherman years exclusively. I didn't mean to include RC.

All-Universe

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Been watching them play ball. A team can lose and I might still like the way the play.

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    Been watching them play ball. A team can lose and I might still like the way the play.
    What exactly does this mean? They've been pretty bad to average on defense for going on 15 years or so with no identity. They've gone through several offensive systems with not much success or stability.

What is it about the way they play that is attractive to you?

All-Universe

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    What exactly does this mean? They've been pretty bad to average on defense for going on 15 years or so with no identity. They've gone through several offensive systems with not much success or stability.

What is it about the way they play that is attractive to you?
    I like the intensity. That does not always translate to wins though, if the coaching staff cannot harness this intensity then fugetaboutit.

I'm not a huge TAMU fan or a TU fan, I mean UT fan either.