Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama and the Boys are almost making Mutt Romney almost palatable.

Default Re: Obama and the Boys are almost making Mutt Romney almost palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    I'm not sure any President, now or future, can effect the economy the same as those in the past. We've gone down the road of global economics a little too far I fear. Since globalization is apparently here to stay, I wish we'd relook at many of our trade treaties. And, for goodness sake, somebody please...please...please look at the World Bank and examine if we really need to be the prime contributor.
    This is a good post. I agree, global realities are at play that change the dynamic. Saw a great article about Starbucks bringing jobs home though, I'll see if I can find it. That is where it starts, with American companies that can see the financial gap closing a bit between on and offshore and also want to generate AMERICAN jobs.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

We definitely need to reasses the welfare and no payback loans given to foreign countries..........and I'm not into bailing out Greece or Spain either with our current economic problems.
    Call me unfair, but a tariff should be imposed on any goods/products entering our country to bring it's price on par with goods/products from the USA.
    Of course we have to make our own producers honest about their costs also.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Don't bother. They'd find reasons to hate Obama if unemployment were 4 percent. (Just like I found reasons to dislike Bush when unemployment was low, admittedly.)
    you do understand that this pretty much destroys any credibility you have on here right?

I understand you must try to sell the liberal kool aid, it just falls a little flat

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    you do understand that this pretty much destroys any credibility you have on here right?

I understand you must try to sell the liberal kool aid, it just falls a little flat
    http://www.nationalmemo.com/poll-plu...ging-recovery/

According to a new Daily Kos/SEIU poll, nearly half of voters believe that Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jump start the economy to ensure that President Barack Obama is not re-elected.
    Apparently I'm not the only one.

Pleaseeee!!!!!! That's a poll from the "Daily Kos." Even the Democrats don't put any creedence in that poll. Their results "may" be correct, but until a reputable poll issues those numbers, that's just pure political posturing.
    The Daily Kos......that's rich. Always good for a laugh.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".

-- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    Pleaseeee!!!!!! That's a poll from the "Daily Kos." Even the Democrats don't put any creedence in that poll. Their results "may" be correct, but until a reputable poll issues those numbers, that's just pure political posturing.
    The Daily Kos......that's rich. Always good for a laugh.
    The poll was conducted by a reputable polling firm.

I'm sure you will just blame the liberal media for people thinking that Republicans are sabotaging the economic recovery in order to defeat Obama as well.

Go ahead and laugh. I'll be laughing in November.

I'm sure you will just blame the liberal media for people thinking that Republicans are sabotaging the economic recovery in order to defeat Obama as well.

No, no Tom. Go back and reread my post. I specifically agreed that the poll numbers might be correct. I was just (and still am) laughing at you posting anything published by the Daily Kos. Give us a break. If Romney said the sun rises in the East the Daily Kos would find some poll or some expert or something to try to make Romney (or any Republican for that matter) look wrong and stupid. At least quote the poll, stating it is a reputable polling firm and leave off who they conducted the poll for. As I said, even Democrats know the Daily Kos is full of it. Only the ultra liberal, the ultra uninformed, or the ultra stupid believe the Daily Kos. Go get one of those "news" magazines sold in the supermarket for the same quality reporting. You know those "news" magazines that talk about a half alligator-half human child. They even have pictures to prove the kid is half alligator. The Daily Kos in disquise. Sorry for my disdain, but come on. I'm a student of "REAL" politics, I thought you were too.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".

-- Douglas Adams

Dem or Rep, some of my favorite polls are found here:
    http://www.theChive.com

Sounds like mamacat and some dragon moms need to become "chivettes?"
    GO DAWGS!

laughing through your tears. Obama is one and done. The only president that makes Jimmy Carter look good and that is pretty bad.

Too bad the Dems didn't get Hillary elected, she would have been a much better president and it isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    laughing through your tears. Obama is one and done. The only president that makes Jimmy Carter look good and that is pretty bad.

Too bad the Dems didn't get Hillary elected, she would have been a much better president and it isn't even close.
    You guys sure do try to erase Bush from the record book.....is he that forgetable or is it denial?
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    You guys sure do try to erase Bush from the record book.....is he that forgetable or is it denial?
    Bush wasn't a republican to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage00 View Post
    Bush wasn't a republican to them.
    Dude left us with two wars, a recession that he wouldn't acknowledge and an 85% increase in the budget deficit from 5.73 trillion to 10.63 trillion.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Dude left us with two wars, a recession that he wouldn't acknowledge and an 85% increase in the budget deficit from 5.73 trillion to 10.63 trillion.
    He was willing to do what it took with terrorism so we'll take the wars, the deficit we'll credit to the lib controlled congress..Did he go along with them too much on spending? Certainly...
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    He was willing to do what it took with terrorism so we'll take the wars, the deficit we'll credit to the lib controlled congress..Did he go along with them too much on spending? Certainly...
    Let's be honest..........all that was done was topple the Taliban gov't and invade Iraq.
    It did nothing butspread the terrorists out and into Iraq also.
    U/e doubled too.

Let's be honest..........all that was done was topple the Taliban gov't and invade Iraq.
    It did nothing butspread the terrorists out and into Iraq also.
    U/e doubled too.
    You mean the taliban who harbored and trained the 9-11 bombers? This is a tired argument from 4 years ago...We're talking about today's mess. Bush had his 8 years...it appears Obama won't get his.
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Personally disagree with most of the current Cabinet's policies and attitudes. They're not helping. It's not a personal thing because I really couldn't give a crap, nor could they about me and mine. Hmmm...maybe that's the REAL problem. Not all that fond of the alternative, but it's all that's available.

I'm for change.
    GO DAWGS!

Well yeah, you pretty much have to, otherwise people notice that Romney's proposals for what we should do are basically the. exact. same. ing. thing. that. Bush. did.

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    We must have a completely different definition of liberal. The Congress from 2000-06 certainly was nowhere close to anything I would call liberal.

Well yeah, you pretty much have to, otherwise people notice that Romney's proposals for what we should do are basically the. exact. same. ing. thing. that. Bush. did.
    what is the deficit today? enough said

you libs crack me up, you say we try to erase Bush from the record book and don't even have your president in there......

The teflon president, blames everything on someone else, what a joke

He has done nothing but put us deeper in debt and you refuse to see it.

We must have a completely different definition of liberal. The Congress from 2000-06 certainly was nowhere close to anything I would call liberal.
    Check out our economy from that period and compare it to now...Same with spending..Then look beginning at 2006 when all of these problems started...Libs had control of congress from that point on.Kind of what they did with Detroit, New Jersey, Pennsylvania...You see a pattern?