Thread: Kyle Orton is no back up

Default Kyle Orton is no back up

Orton is trash talking in the media. Wonder if he can walk the talk?

I dont think so... Romo aint going anywhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...p-with-cowboys
    If I knew what I was doing I'd probably be bored.

Default Re: Kyle Orton is no back up

Quote Originally Posted by JMSFan View Post
    Orton is trash talking in the media. Wonder if he can walk the talk?

I dont think so... Romo aint going anywhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...p-with-cowboys
    Well, it will make for a helluva competition. Of course, this will also get the fans who do want Romo gone riled up.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

Romo will be the starter. All else is just media fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    Well, it will make for a helluva competition. Of course, this will also get the fans who do want Romo gone riled up.
    Yea, it could be a great competition, but I think Romo has Garrett on his side.... Its J.J. who counts, and I dont believe he chose to give Orton 10.5 million to sit the bench either. I bet he gets alot of opportunities, especially if Romo gets inconsistent and interception happy. (which he is prone to do)

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

It's as simple as this. One, Dallas finally realized it's not a good thing to be caught with your pants down when your starter gets hurt. Instead of it costing you your season, why not have a true option that allows you to win? Two, Orton won't sniff the starters gig. He's not in Romo's league. Having said that, Garrett deeply believes in competition and he wants someone that can push Romo. That's not a bad thing at all.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

Yea, it could be a great competition, but I think Romo has Garrett on his side.... Its J.J. who counts, and I dont believe he chose to give Orton 10.5 million to sit the bench either. I bet he gets alot of opportunities, especially if Romo gets inconsistent and interception happy. (which he is prone to do)
    Well, he's gotten better with his interceptions. He only had 10 last year, which was the 2nd least amount in the league. I think it was more so because of a chance of Romo getting hurt. While they did well in run blocking, the o-line still didn't do well on a consistent basis when it came to pass protection. Dude has gotten hit way too much in the last few years.

If he does go down, then I think Orton will come in and still give us atleast a chance. Chicago signed Jason Campbell for the same reason.

Well, he's gotten better with his interceptions. He only had 10 last year, which was the 2nd least amount in the league. I think it was more so because of a chance of Romo getting hurt. While they did well in run blocking, the o-line still didn't do well on a consistent basis when it came to pass protection. Dude has gotten hit way too much in the last few years.

If he does go down, then I think Orton will come in and still give us atleast a chance. Chicago signed Jason Campbell for the same reason.
    If Orton can be as mobile as Romo when it comes to scrambling, then I can get what youre saying. Hopefully he can.

If Orton can be as mobile as Romo when it comes to scrambling, then I can get what youre saying. Hopefully he can.
    And that's the upsetting part about it all. Romo is mobile and create something out of nothing. Not sure if Orton is that mobile or not.

There were quite a few who wanted Peyton Manning here and while it would've been nice, it could've also gotten ugly. One good hit from Tuck, Umenyiora, Orakpo or Trent Cole, and it's over.

And that's the upsetting part about it all. Romo is mobile and create something out of nothing. Not sure if Orton is that mobile or not.

There were quite a few who wanted Peyton Manning here and while it would've been nice, it could've also gotten ugly. One good hit from Tuck, Umenyiora, Orakpo or Trent Cole, and it's over.
    I think his chances of this are the same in the AFC west as would be in the NFC east.

All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard

USA Today just said Romo was the 5th best QB and the 23rd best player in the league...

...end of thread and conversation.....Romo is your QB.
    2013 5A TEXAS HS FOOTBALL COLLEGE TOP GUN "PICK 'EM" CHAMPION

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it......shut up about the 10% and deal with the 90%....you have control over the 90%.

CHARACTER is not found in a bottle, a pipe, a doob, a line, a hit, a needle, or any other means of obsession that alters the mind and creates illusions of grandeur, no matter how hard you look for it there... If you have to prop it up with a substance....it ain't CHARACTER.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOwls View Post
    USA Today just said Romo was the 5th best QB and the 23rd best player in the league...

...end of thread and conversation.....Romo is your QB.
    Yea, if we are talking in season stats, then he is the 5th best. But we all know that Romo struggles, ( the Jets and Lions games come to mind) and the Cowboys really need a legit back up) .

Yea, if we are talking in season stats, then he is the 5th best. But we all know that Romo struggles, ( the Jets and Lions games come to mind) and the Cowboys really need a legit back up) .
    Lets be real here, Romo struggled because he was trying to make something happen and with the horrible offensive line he has had to try to survive behind, he has no time to make the plays he is capable of. Let us see if he struggles with a decent O-line. Orton is at least a quality back up that is less than retirement age. A first for the cowboys in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Lets be real here, Romo struggled because he was trying to make something happen and with the horrible offensive line he has had to try to survive behind, he has no time to make the plays he is capable of. Let us see if he struggles with a decent O-line. Orton is at least a quality back up that is less than retirement age. A first for the cowboys in some time.
    I can agree with that, ( the o-line was weak, definitely affected their run game too) but sometimes trying to make something happen isn't the best decision either. Romo better get on a 3 or 4 game win streak, or start looking over his shoulder.