POOL B
    TEXAS CITY
    WILLIS
    FRIENDSWOOD
    FORT BEND ELKINS

POOL C
    MANVEL (Already Qualified for state)
    CLEAR SPRINGS
    CLEAR CREEK (Already Qualified for state)
    PEARLAND

POOL D
    ALVIN
    LA MARQUE (Cannot advance….3A school)
    PASADENA MEMORIAL
    BAYTOWN LEE

Clear Springs and Pearland catch a pretty big break. With Manvel and Clear Creek already qualified, neither can advance beyond pool play. So either Springs or Pearland could advance with only one win in pool play, then qualify for state with only one more win against the pool D winner.

I'll go with:
    Dawson - but will be very tough with Lamar
    Texas City - some great sophomores / juniors-to-be
    Springs - even though Manvel will likely sweep pool C if they play their starters
    Alvin - La Marque also sweeping but not advancing

TC over Dawson, Springs over Alvin.

Springs over TC in the championship in a close one that really could go either way
    Dawson over Alvin in the consolation

All-World

Default Re: Maverick 7 on 7 SQT - May 26

Those pools are not correct, below are the correct pools

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showms...id=984&style=2

Manvel made a change, the flipped Pearland and Elkins.

Pool A
    Pearland Dawson
    Clear Lake
    Ft Bend Dulles
    Houston Lamar

Pool B
    Texas City
    Willis
    Friendswood
    Pearland

Pool C
    Manvel*
    Clear Creek*
    Clear Springs
    Ft Bend Elkins

Pool D
    Alvin
    LaMarque*
    Pasadena Memorial
    Baytown Lee

* can not advance past pool play

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by has09 View Post
    Manvel made a change, they flipped Pearland and Elkins.
    That's a great break for Springs. With Manvel, Creek and La Marque unable to advance, and Pearland moved to pool B, Srings has a walk in the park to state qualification. Lucky break for Springs!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by rhboiler View Post
    That's a great break for Springs. With Manvel, Creek and La Marque unable to advance, and Pearland moved to pool B, Srings has a walk in the park to state qualification. Lucky break for Springs!
    Well Springs still has to win & have better record to come out of pool play. Believe me, our boys are not going into this thinking it will be a cake walk at all.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by chargermom View Post
    Well Springs still has to win & have better record to come out of pool play. Believe me, our boys are not going into this thinking it will be a cake walk at all.
    Oh I'm not doubting the mindset of the teams coming in. I'm just looking at the brackets and making an observation.

One team from pools A and B will qualify, and one team from C and D will qualify. Of the eight teams in C and D, three either are already qualified or are not eligible. In pool C, Springs and Elkins could both loose to Manvel and Creek and still qualify by just beating the other team. A 1-2 record could be all it takes to advance to play the winner of pool D. Win that and they qualify.

Of the five teams in C and D that are eligible to qualify, Springs is the best and is almost certain to make it. They would have a much tougher road to qualification if they were in pools A or B, or if the other teams in C and D were eligible to qualify this weekend.

No offense to Spring, just stating a perspective.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by rhboiler View Post
    Oh I'm not doubting the mindset of the teams coming in. I'm just looking at the brackets and making an observation.

One team from pools A and B will qualify, and one team from C and D will qualify. Of the eight teams in C and D, three either are already qualified or are not eligible. In pool C, Springs and Elkins could both loose to Manvel and Creek and still qualify by just beating the other team. A 1-2 record could be all it takes to advance to play the winner of pool D. Win that and they qualify.

Of the five teams in C and D that are eligible to qualify, Springs is the best and is almost certain to make it. They would have a much tougher road to qualification if they were in pools A or B, or if the other teams in C and D were eligible to qualify this weekend.

No offense to Spring, just stating a perspective.
    No problem... None taken at all. It will be a good day. My son & the boys that stayed the night are up & ready to go now.

Creek beat the host in game 2 by 5. Lost to Elkins in game 1 beat springs in game 3.

Manvel beat Elkins in game 3 but Elkins advanced due to Clear Creek and Manvel already in.

Only other bracket I know is Pearland advanced.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonKid View Post
    Creek beat the host in game 2 by 5. Lost to Elkins in game 1 beat springs in game 3.

Manvel beat Elkins in game 3 but Elkins advanced due to Clear Creek and Manvel already in.

Only other bracket I know is Pearland advanced.
    Elkins & Houston lamar advanced to state
    Last edited by chargermom; 05-26-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Forgot

All-American

Some great competition yesterday! Lots of games decided in the final minute including the both semi-final games and the consolation game.

Pool A: Lamar came out on top, beating Dawson by 4 points in the final pool game to avoid a 3-way tie with those two and Ft. Bend Dulles.

Pool B: Pearland topped Texas City by 6 points in the final pool game win Pool B.

Pool C: Manvel, Clear Creek and Ft Bend Elkins tie at 2-1, with Elkins the only one of them that could advance.

Pool D: La Marque sweeps, but Alvin advances with a 2-1 record since La Marque is 7-on-7 DII. Alvin beat Baytown Lee by two points in the final pool game to advance.

Two great semi-final games, with Lamar and Elkins scoring in the last minute to win their games over Pearland and Alvin.

Lamar tops Elkins easily in the championship. Pearland comes from behind in the final minute to beat Alvin by 5 for 3rd place.

All-World

Thanks for the update RHboiler, it is much appreciated. I am not a big fan of the 7 on 7, but do like to follow what is happening. Thanks again for the update.

Jim