Thread: Guyer Wildcats

Starter

Default Guyer Wildcats

Wow! Saw them at the Hebron 7on7.....both varsity and jv were in the championship and had players everywhere....and 2 great QB looking QB's!

Default Re: Guyer Wildcats

Yep. I was really impressed with the backup/JV QB in the spring game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Yep. I was really impressed with the backup/JV QB in the spring game as well.
    As far as I know...he IS the backup. NOT JV. Just a Freshman right now so he will have two years behind Jerrod.
    PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND GO HIT SOMEBODY

New Years resolution for 2012...GET BANNED at least once!

You guys need 2 threads for all 2.5 posters that you have. Must have a lot to say.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    You guys need 2 threads for all 2.5 posters that you have. Must have a lot to say.
    Mine doesn't count cuz I'm just a mom! It is one of the more active threads over there though. Maybe someday , after we learn to recruit , we can also have 69 threads devoted to the Drag... Oops Wildcats.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaCat View Post
    Mine doesn't count cuz I'm just a mom! It is one of the more active threads over there though. Maybe someday , after we learn to recruit , we can also have 69 threads devoted to the Drag... Oops Wildcats.
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Learn to recruit, now that is funny. Walsh has it down to a science however those pesky new attendance zones are going to make it more difficult.
    Last edited by dragonpants; 05-21-2012 at 09:47 AM.

As far as I know...he IS the backup. NOT JV. Just a Freshman right now so he will have two years behind Jerrod.
    He was wearing a black helmet... get with the program...

Starter

Haynes is the young QB, who looks to be next Division I QB in line at Guyer...JW - OSU...Jerrod has Nebraska, Arizona St, and 'heard' he got The Ohio State offer today...then Haynes will be the next...if I had a young middle school son I'd get in Guyers attendance zone quick! Walsh and co. know how to build them QB's!

Quote Originally Posted by metroball View Post
    Haynes is the young QB, who looks to be next Division I QB in line at Guyer...JW - OSU...Jerrod has Nebraska, Arizona St, and 'heard' he got The Ohio State offer today...then Haynes will be the next...if I had a young middle school son I'd get in Guyers attendance zone quick! Walsh and co. know how to build them QB's!
    Are you Coach Walsh?
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Starter

Haha! Nope just a dude in the know!

I'm not surprised at all that Guyer looks so good in 7 on 7. Hell, they are loaded with great athletes and have great coaching to go along with it. I will be in complete shock if the Wildcats are not playing for the D1 title in late December. IMO, the only thing that keeps Guyer from the title game would be not staying healthy. They are without a doubt a top 2 or 3 team in class 4a this year.
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

We love "guys in the know"

It will be interesting to see Heard this year because I am obviously blind or missing something. He is a great athlete and runner but he was not a passing prodigy last year and his decision making was not the best. I get that he was only a sophomore and has the physical skills but have yet to see them on the field. It will be fun to see his progress from last year to this year.
    Kenny Hill made huge strides last season.
    When I think of kids that were amazing as Sophomores I think of Graham Harrell or Matthew Stafford and Heard simply was not in their class as a soph last year, by the way neither was Kenny his soph year.

metroball, what's the word on the Dline for Guyer? That has always been a strength. Their weight room work usually shows there...

Starter

Their projected starters are beasts in the weight room, but I have heard Walsh say on several occasions that they are behind technique wise and undersstanding their role within the front 7. All four back ups will be talented Sophmores. I look for one or maybe two of the Sophs to make a big push to start by mid year. So basically alot to work with, but not up to par is in past years. But the Wildcats are loaded offensively to carry the load while the older boys get better or the younger ones get tolder!

Their projected starters are beasts in the weight room, but I have heard Walsh say on several occasions that they are behind technique wise and undersstanding their role within the front 7. All four back ups will be talented Sophmores. I look for one or maybe two of the Sophs to make a big push to start by mid year. So basically alot to work with, but not up to par is in past years. But the Wildcats are loaded offensively to carry the load while the older boys get better or the younger ones get tolder!
    Im pretty sure one of them has a pretty good idea what his role is! So you hang out on the field? Just curious. Did you attend the spring game? What are your thoughts on WR 's .... Other than EJ? Since you are in the know

Can we borrow your back up QB this year? At least there will be a Guyer in 5A.

Im so confused about our QB right now, I dont know whats going on. Ive heard so many different stories. But I did here Morris is looking ALOT better than last year, which is making our running game promising.
    For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life. John 3:16

I've learned what the important things in life are. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, my family, my health, and my sanity.

We Are Central... And WE believe!!

Starter

WR - EJ is a given, Harris will be the other outside wr (fastest on the team), inside will be Preston Thrailkill, and Tavi Sanches will share time with Breedlove... Talented group not much depth though.

WR - EJ is a given, Harris will be the other outside wr (fastest on the team), inside will be Preston Thrailkill, and Tavi Sanches will share time with Breedlove... Talented group not much depth though.
    A much better place for him than corner where he was last year...IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorns12 View Post
    Can we borrow your back up QB this year? At least there will be a Guyer in 5A.

Im so confused about our QB right now, I dont know whats going on. Ive heard so many different stories. But I did here Morris is looking ALOT better than last year, which is making our running game promising.
    Yeah, he can go play QB at Central for a couple of years, we get him back when Heard graduates though.