Thread: Klein Oak

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Default Klein Oak

Got a QB transfer from Wheaton-Warrenville South(IL)........played in state finals last season as a soph...Jordan Davis
    Last edited by dada; 05-16-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

All-Galaxy

Default Re: Klein Oak

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Got a QB transfer from Wheaton-Warrenville South(IL)........plsyrd in state finals last season
    April 26, 2012
    Dallas Jackson

SOCIAL: Follow on Twitter

Dallas Jackson is the Senior Analyst for RivalsHigh. Email him your question, comment or story ideas to DallasJ@Yahoo-Inc.com and follow him on Twitter.

With a run of five consecutive state finals appearances, Wheaton (Ill.) Wheaton-Warrenville South has established itself as the premier high school football program in the state of Illinois. The Tigers have claimed three state titles and two runners-up in that time span - as well as No. 11 finish in the RivalsHigh 100 following the 2010 football season.
    Following a 2011 season that saw the team's offensive output drop to just 274 points (from 590 in 2010), it was easy to see what could hold the 2012 team back. And according to Tim O'Halloran, who has covered prep football in Illinois for EdgyTim.com since 1995, the team's problem was at quarterback.
    "The offense had no consistency," he said. "They went through three or four different quarterbacks and never found one that they could stick with for various reasons - inconsistent play or injuries - yet they made it to the Class 7A state final game with a rotating quarterback.
    "If South can get steady play at the position at all this year, they will be a load again."
    Paraday in playoff action.This year that should be much less of a problem as 6-foot-1, 200-pound Casey Paraday has transferred into the school district.
    The Class of 2014 quarterback moved to Illinois following a season at Springdale (Ark.) Shiloh Christian - and a freshman season at Chandler (Ariz.) Hamilton.
    Josh Floyd, his former coach at Shiloh Christian, said that Wheaton-Warrenville South is getting a good player and a good kid.
    "They are going to like Casey a lot," Floyd said. "He is what you want in a quarterback, focused and hard-working with a strong arm."
    Floyd added that his big-time arm came with a willingness to improve.
    "He came in late and so he didn't get the early reps with us," he said. "But once he learned what we were doing, he excelled."
    Paraday played sporadically during the season and didn't earn a start for Shiloh Christian until Week 10, but when he did he was very good.
    His first game he completed 39-of-59 passes for 483 yards and three touchdowns. He ended the season with 1,567 yards and 15 touchdowns and earned a start in the playoffs.
    "He has a lot of potential," Floyd said. "We hate to see anyone leave our program, but we know he will do well."
    O'Halloran said that with Paraday and the talent at Wheaton-Warrenville South, both can succeed again this season.
    "They bring back four starting offensive lineman from last year, which will be huge," he said. "On offense they like to mix things up and show a good balance; when they can run and pass, they are as hard to defend as anyone."
    While the team has to replace 11 senior contributors on defense, its offense should be able to improve from last season and push the team back to the state finals and the national rankings.
    "They reload better than anyone else in Illinois," O'Halloran said. "They also have speed and skills in house."

All-Galaxy

Klein Oak will be very tough this year ....

Team Strengths: The 2010 title team was senior-dominated, which made last season's state runner-up finish an unexpected surprise. The Tigers will field a more experienced squad in 2012. Injuries forced the team to use three quarterbacks last season, and two of them will return in the fall: sophomores Ryan Graham (6-2, 180) and Jordan Davis (6-2, 185). Graham saw time on the varsity squad during the regular season, while Davis was an emergency starter in the playoffs after starting for the sophomore team all fall

http://triblocal.com/wheaton/2011/11...gainst-boylan/
    Last edited by cfisdbacker; 05-16-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: duplicate

Jordan Davis is his name
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Jordan Davis is his name
    I think backer's point may have been the story's description of last year's inconsistancy at the QB spot. He's sneaky like that.
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

Jordan Davis is his name
    How come you didn't recruit him for Katy?

I thought Katy got all the tranfers and move-ins down in these parts. This is going to hurt our reputation.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyfallsbooster2 View Post
    I think backer's point may have been the story's description of last year's inconsistancy at the QB spot. He's sneaky like that.
    I think grades forced WWS to move Davis to varsity for the title game

Coming BACK to Oak....guess he's been here before.

Coming BACK to Oak....guess he's been here before.
    Then thats twice you've failed us! Get it together Dada!

Did Jordan Davis play in the Klein Oak Spring Game? If so, he was out shined by a Freshmen QB, Jose Blankenship…Jose got most of the reps and threw some great looking balls downfield…

I guess transfer rules don't apply when moving to Texas from a Different State..wait didn't SLC have a problem with a move in QB from Oklahoma?
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"I’m not saying I’m batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    Did Jordan Davis play in the Klein Oak Spring Game? If so, he was out shined by a Freshmen QB, Jose Blankenship…Jose got most of the reps and threw some great looking balls downfield…

I guess transfer rules don't apply when moving to Texas from a Different State..wait didn't SLC have a problem with a move in QB from Oklahoma?
    No. They had a problem with a qb that did not live in Texas.
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    How come you didn't recruit him for Katy?

I thought Katy got all the tranfers and move-ins down in these parts. This is going to hurt our reputation.
    I was wondering the same. Y'all could have taken him to the same restaurant you took DY to.
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rod View Post
    I was wondering the same. Y'all could have taken him to the same restaurant you took DY to.
    I know right? Hell. between Cinco dominating us in recruiting last year and now this we might as well pack it up next year

Its a sad day to be a tiger.

The bread basket of America.
    "Just play"
    Tradition in the Making
    State Champions: 0
    Semifinal Champions: 0
    Regional Champions: 0

0 consecutive winning seasons: 1961-Present

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rod View Post
    Katy didnt need a QB.......I'm looking for a Jamaican WR.

Katy didnt need a QB.......I'm looking for a Jamaican WR.
    I'm assuming that the talks with Mr. Bolt have broken down?

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    I'm assuming that the talks with Mr. Bolt have broken down?
    Still no official commitment lol