Thread: Noticeable Difference?

Default Noticeable Difference?

Arlington ISD is currently renovating fields at schools that have natural grass to turf.
    I think a noticeable difference will take place due to familiarity with the surface as opposed to just having game time experience.
    I saw a lot of slipping last year.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

All-Interweb

Default Re: Noticeable Difference?

Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    Arlington ISD is currently renovating fields at schools that have natural grass to turf.
    I think a noticeable difference will take place due to familiarity with the surface as opposed to just having game time experience.
    IMO I think you may be over estimating the value in practicing on the surface.
    I know the Carroll kids practice on grass as we have 0 turf practice fields, the varsity will occasionally practice at Dragon Stadium but the bulk of their practice on grass and the fields are actually pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    I would think it would be preferable to practice on natural grass and play on turf vs. the opposite, or practicing & playing on turf all around. There are still good fields with natural grass. I also still think they're better for preventing injuries than some of the older field turf played on.

I know last year, Reliant was horrible even though it was grass. It was palletized with good size gaps between trays in some places. Tough surface. In all fairness, it was the Texans practice grass pallets.

I'd enjoy seeing some games played at the Dynamo's new BBVA Compass Stadium this year.
    GO DAWGS!

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    I would think it would be preferable to practice on natural grass and play on turf vs. the opposite, or practicing & playing on turf all around. There are still good fields with natural grass. I also still think they're better for preventing injuries than some of the older field turf played on.

I know last year, Reliant was horrible even though it was grass. It was palletized with good size gaps between trays in some places. Tough surface. In all fairness, it was the Texans practice grass pallets.

I'd enjoy seeing some games played at the Dynamo's new BBVA Compass Stadium this year.
    With the quality of the new turf I do not understand why anyone is playing on grass above the high school level. I have heard nothing but bad things about the Reliant "natural surface". The old astro turf was horrible. I played on it once in high school and in college and it was brutal. We used to dread when it rained in college because we had to practice on it.
    The new stuff is great and it does not cause injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    With the quality of the new turf I do not understand why anyone is playing on grass above the high school level. I have heard nothing but bad things about the Reliant "natural surface". The old astro turf was horrible. I played on it once in high school and in college and it was brutal. We used to dread when it rained in college because we had to practice on it.
    The new stuff is great and it does not cause injuries.
    Reliant is a multipurpose stadium. They need the pallets to be able to remove for the HLSR. HLSR is a mainstay more than the Texans (no slam against the Texans intended.)

That's why I think the new Dynamo stadium would be great for HSFB PO games. But, I think it's still natural grass. Not sure. Opening day is today.

EDIT: It is still natural grass (solid surface TifBermuda...non-palleted.)
    Last edited by Dawg82; 05-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    IMO I think you may be over estimating the value in practicing on the surface.
    I know the Carroll kids practice on grass as we have 0 turf practice fields, the varsity will occasionally practice at Dragon Stadium but the bulk of their practice on grass and the fields are actually pretty crappy.
    Pretty sure most practices will still be on grass.........I just it makes a difference being able to practice coverages,route running,etc more than in warm ups for a game.
    All of the games have been on turf.
    Of course I'm old school and everything would be on grass.
    Lol....I know about the astrodome.
    The first artficial fields were there and Hofstra (where I played)
    Carpet on concrete basically.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .