Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Did the 4a Basketball Champ, Dallas Kimball cheat too?

Default Re: Did the 4a Basketball Champ, Dallas Kimball cheat too?

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    Really? And blakej's still here? I thought they thermonucular personified?
    is blakej still here?

seriously, he had some bizness that he was getting into, taking him away and keeping him busy. Not sure if/when he will return. I wish him the best.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by ticketwriter View Post
    I see and agree...SLC really only has 5 championships in football
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SLCbacker View Post

Looks like that drunk farmerfan wrote that 8 it's so pretty

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Looks like that drunk farmerfan wrote that 8 it's so pretty
    Looks like my golf scorecard lately..
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

ff is a dumb arse and deserves to rot in message board hell for all the mean and nasty things he has said about the two precious programs of the North Texas area. He also made SuperB cry once and that is not good. farmerfan has many tickets to pay off before he can even be considered for parole
    Farmerfan was banned unjustly. He isnt the only one to say mean and nasty things about Perfectville and the other school.
    If I knew what I was doing I'd probably be bored.

More info on this one. It looks pretty bad. Wonder if Kimball has a fan like TXFBHERO.

DALLAS — They are the pride of DISD athletics: The Kimball Knights, state basketball champs two years in a row.

But new questions are being raised about how some of the top athletes in the state ended up on the same team.

News 8 has already reported on star player Keith Frazier and his mother's move from Irving to Kimball just before the start of last season. The transfer was approved by the District 11-4A University Interscholastic League Executive Committee, which is supposed to reject students who “transfer for athletic purposes."

One key indicator of an illegal transfer, according to UIL rules, is that a family's old "rental agreement must be terminated."

Last month, we asked Frazier's mother why she moved her family to Kimball without notice. Both the landlord and the Dallas Housing Authority said the mother broke her lease. Frazier’s mother denies it.

DISD officials are now investigating Frazier's eligibility following our report.

But News 8 has learned that Frazier is not the only player on this year's championship team to transfer to Kimball from an outside school, city, or even state.

Using a variety of sources to develop this roster, we have found evidence to suggest nine players on Kimball's team this year transferred from another school or city:

• Keith Frazier transferred from Irving
    • Torrey Henry transferred from Arlington
    • Randelle Jones transferred from Fort Worth
    • Darian Hancock transferred from South Oak Cliff
    • David Tucker transferred from Cedar Hill
    • D'Angelo Allen lives in Cedar Hill
    • Shannon Lilly and Gabe Lilly live in DeSoto
    • Sheldon Yearwood transferred from New York City

Two star players on last year's Kimball state champs were also transfers: Jalen Jones from Mansfield, and Jordan Williams, who played at Lincoln his sophomore year and The Colony his junior year.

Williams transferred to Kimball his senior year after being ruled ineligible to play his senior season in The Colony.

Yet DISD's 11-4A executive committee ruled unanimously that Williams' transfer to Kimball was not for “athletic reasons."

Tim Onkst, who runs the largest basketball scouting service in Texas, TexasRoundball.com, said Kimball High School has a reputation for accruing athletes from other districts.

“They are recruiting them,” Onkst said. “They actively go out and actively try to get the best players they can get to come."

Onkst said Kimball Coach Royce Johnson has a history of stacking his teams with players who have transferred from other schools.

In 2003, Coach Johnson was caught by a rival coach driving two of Kimball's top players from where they actually lived, in Cedar Hill, to school at Kimball High.

State UIL officials handed Johnson a three-game suspension and one-year probation.

No punishment was administered by DISD's Athletic Department, where the assistant director and head of basketball is Goree Johnson. Johnson was a long-time head basketball coach at Kimball, and is also the father of current Kimball coach Royce Johnson.

Royce Johnson declined an on-camera interview, but said by phone, "We went through the process and were found not guilty of recruiting. Both kids were paying out-of-district tuition to go to Kimball."

"[W]e are not in the business of telling a kid you can't come to Kimball, but I don't recruit kids," Royce Johnson added. "I really don't."

But one parent who saw our story on Keith Frazier said she's not so sure.

Helen Delaney of Irving said two Kimball coaches — one football, one basketball — contacted her separately last year about her son, Brien. She said the Kimball coaches tried to convince her to move.

"The coach made it clear he wanted me to move into his attendance zone,” Delaney said. “He even told me there were some new houses out there they could help me get into. I was telling him, 'No, I just don't want to be in Oak Cliff.'"

Delaney said one coach suggested she wouldn't have to move from her home in Irving.

"They made it clear that I could just stay where [I] was, just bring my child to them,” Delaney said.

DISD Athletic Director Jeff Johnson has repeatedly declined requests from News 8 for an on-camera interview.

In a statement provided to News 8, Jeff Johnson said:

"Our staff pays very close attention to UIL rules and properly follows the procedures provided by the UIL. The Dallas ISD is not the only one with the student transfer dilemma and does its very best to police it."

At least three times in the past two years — despite objections from area coaches who were losing their players — the DISD 11-4A Executive Committee approved transfers of high-profile athletes to Kimball. Each time, the committee said there was no reason to believe the students were transferring for athletic purposes.
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/New-q...152366145.html

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    More info on this one. It looks pretty bad. Wonder if Kimball has a fan like TXFBHERO.

That's what happens when unintelligent and uninteresting people try to cheat. They get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    That's what happens when unintelligent and uninteresting people try to cheat. They get caught.
    I'm guessing you do not include Flower Mound as part of the metroplex.

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post

Interesting...

Every school has a TXFBHERO.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by JagFan View Post
    Interesting...

Every school has a TXFBHERO.
    Yeah I guess I just passed him as the worst poster on the board.
    For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life. John 3:16

I've learned what the important things in life are. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, my family, my health, and my sanity.

We Are Central... And WE believe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorns12 View Post
    Yeah I guess I just passed him as the worst poster on the board.
    Not even close. I don't think he is the worst poster but ranks up there that is for sure.

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

Not even close. I don't think he is the worst poster but ranks up there that is for sure.
    Wish I remembered who he was, and why people dont like him. That way Id know why Im the worst poster now.
    For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life. John 3:16

I've learned what the important things in life are. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, my family, my health, and my sanity.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

not having followed this story very closely, but being chronically aware of disd's aptitude for promoting shenanigans, can anyone be surprised by stories like this. belo needs a full time disd investigative reporter for disd athletics alone. the apologists will say it all about race. the fact is, disd garners huge federal funding to fix a festering and fetid cesspool. turns out no matter how much perfume is poured on a 600 lb stockyard prostitute, she still stinks of odors not normal for a human. this situations is another of several dozen known/reported on incidents that likely only scratches the surface of the truth. one only hopes that an outside resource will forcefully take institutional control from the organized criminals that are in charge now. maybe it is too big too fail. truth is, there are too many kids being cheated out of their education for it not to fail.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

Wish I remembered who he was, and why people dont like him. That way Id know why Im the worst poster now.
    To funny. He only will discuss Marcus and they are great at everything. Has zero interest in discussing anything else. So no not the worst but is very arrogant when it comes Marcus.

You are not close and whoever told you that should be slapped.

Keep on supporting your boys and don't believe a word of the naysayers.

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

All-Interweb

Because you add nothing. Never anything insightful or football related. The closest thing to a football related post has been "well I have nothing to report".
    That is awesome.
    Hero at least gives us some insight into Marcus football regardless of how slanted and biased it is.

All-Interweb

To funny. He only will discuss Marcus and they are great at everything. Has zero interest in discussing anything else. So no not the worst but is very arrogant when it comes Marcus.

You are going to slap me Jagfan?
    I deserve it for some stuff no doubt but not in this instance.

All-Interweb

She doesn't support anything, she has nothing to support and just gets upset because everyone does not rave about how wonderful Central is. Very Heroesque.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    She doesn't support anything, she has nothing to support and just gets upset because everyone does not rave about how wonderful Central is. Very Heroesque.
    Im not upset? Use to get that way, because I got tired of seeing them being run down. Their kids for Christ sake. And nobody really runs them down but you. Fan even told you yesterday I wasnt complaining. You dont know me very well Pants. Ive never been one to predict or report a whole lot. If you dont like me, dont talk to me. Because personally I really dont care anymore. You have done nothing but proven what an *** you are to me. You get sore when I say anything good about the Keller schools. You can say all you want that you have nothing agaisnt them. But your posts are proving otherwise. Sad thing is. Ive never said anything bad about Carroll. Ive always supported them, even when people are running them down, thats the difference between me and you. Say what you want about me and too me, I really dont care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    I support alot of stuff. I support the Rangers, the Cowboys, the mavericks, my kids, my family. For you to say I support nothing, is going way too far. You are acting like a kid in high school and You have gone way too far this time. You rave about how wonderful Carroll is too. Is it such a bad thing to be proud of the school you support and the season they had. Why do you have to hate on me because I do? I take up for them, and support them, when people like you have nothing good to say despite the season they did have last year. What is so bad about that in your eyes? You have blinders on when it comes to me, because obviously you havent seen the good things I have said about your school and other schools. Might want to take them off and open your eyes, and quit reading what you want to read and how you want to read it. LIke I said If Im mad, you'll know it. I cant believe you got upset because I said we didnt look to shabby agaisnt the state champs. Thats something to be proud of, Pants. Whether you believe that or not, it is. Get off your high horse when it comes to me. Ive done nothing to you, and Ive even apologized when I have reamed you out and know Im in the wrong. you might want to take lessons on that one.

All-Interweb

Im not upset? Use to get that way, because I got tired of seeing them being run down. Their kids for Christ sake. And nobody really runs them down but you. Fan even told you yesterday I wasnt complaining. You dont know me very well Pants. Ive never been one to predict or report a whole lot. If you dont like me, dont talk to me. Because personally I really dont care anymore. You have done nothing but proven what an *** you are to me. You get sore when I say anything good about the Keller schools. You can say all you want that you have nothing agaisnt them. But your posts are proving otherwise. Sad thing is. Ive never said anything bad about Carroll. Ive always supported them, even when people are running them down, thats the difference between me and you. Say what you want about me and too me, I really dont care anymore.
    I have nothing against the kids, I feel sorry for them and their complete lack of support from the KISD and the community.
    When was the last time you said anything good about the Keller schools other than you won the stat contest but not the scoreboard?