Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goodbye Senator Lugar...

Default Re: Goodbye Senator Lugar...

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    Appeasement is a good term for Lugar and conservatives are tired of it. I'm not calling him a lib, but when Obama praises him he is in trouble. And, well, is gone as a result.
    I think that's simplifying things too much. It was also a big deal that Lugar didn't live in the state any more and he didn't run a good campaign. It seemed like he didn't really take Mourdock seriously until it was too late. Lugar probably would have won had he come out early and gone on the attack; instead Lugar spent most of the campaign on the defensive and that was bad.

Outside money helped, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Hell! I did watch Glenn Beck while he was on Fox.
    I don't believe anything he says, but he is slightly amusing.

I listened to his radio show this morning. Three-hour rant about Bill Ayres, Rev. Wright, and a bunch of other stuff. After he's spent an hour yelling about Wright's beliefs and implying that Obama shares his beliefs, he criticizes Nancy Pelosi for being Catholic and supporting gay marriage. Then one of his sidekicks points out that Beck and Harry Reid belong to the same church... Which by his logic means they have the same set of beliefs.[/QUOTE]

I suppose my time would have been spent watching Olbermann? I now fill in my Beck time reading "The Weekly Standard".

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I think that's simplifying things too much. It was also a big deal that Lugar didn't live in the state any more and he didn't run a good campaign. It seemed like he didn't really take Mourdock seriously until it was too late. Lugar probably would have won had he come out early and gone on the attack; instead Lugar spent most of the campaign on the defensive and that was bad.

Outside money helped, too.
    After all of those years the people of Indiana knew what they had with Lugar. It's not like this snuck up on him. We know these past 3 1/2 years have been a failure and someone has to step up and start the massive task of cleaning this mess up.
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

After all of those years the people of Indiana knew what they had with Lugar. It's not like this snuck up on him. We know these past 3 1/2 years have been a failure and someone has to step up and start the massive task of cleaning this mess up.
    ..and it is in one H E L L of a mess!

As Matthias Burnet once warned in a sermon to the
    people and before the legislature in Hartfod, Conn., May 12, 1803;

.."To God and posterity you are accountable for [your rights and your rulers]...Let not your children have reason to curse you for giving up those rights and prostrating those institutions which your fathers delivered to you."

http://wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=4133

Probably one of the most compelling messages to the citizens, parents, and State officials ever given. I highly recommend it. I rate it right along side Goerge Washington's farewell address.
    Bobcat Fight Never Dies

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat81 View Post
    ..and it is in one H E L L of a mess!

As Matthias Burnet once warned in a sermon to the
    people and before the legislature in Hartfod, Conn., May 12, 1803;

.."To God and posterity you are accountable for [your rights and your rulers]...Let not your children have reason to curse you for giving up those rights and prostrating those institutions which your fathers delivered to you."

http://wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=4133

Probably one of the most compelling messages to the citizens, parents, and State officials ever given. I highly recommend it. I rate it right along side Goerge Washington's farewell address.
    Hey! There is a wall cloud in the Fulshear-Katy-Cinco Ranch area right now. Tornado warning until 7:30p.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    Hey! There is a wall cloud in the Fulshear-Katy-Cinco Ranch area right now. Tornado warning until 7:30p.
    Our rain gauge showed a little over 7" this morning...
    GO DAWGS!

You okay?
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Senator Lugar sux.

So does Olberman. So does Beck.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Senator Lugar sux.

That's a lot of suckage....

That's a lot of suckage....
    I think we should tax them all more. Then we should fine them for damages. They're all part of the 1%.
    GO DAWGS!

Senator Lugar sux.

and Maddow?

Quote Originally Posted by mojotrain View Post
    and Maddow?
    Is there a word worse than sux? How about suxxist? Crud, she's just an alien intent on taking over the world disguised as a liberal lesbian feminist. It's a sneak attack.
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    Is there a word worse than sux? How about suxxist? Crud, she's just an alien intent on taking over the world disguised as a liberal lesbian feminist. It's a sneak attack.
    She is one offensive human being.

and Maddow?
    Who is Maddow? I am sure that I will go with your stance on Maddow.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Who is Maddow? I am sure that I will go with your stance on Maddow.
    Rachel Maddow, a kinda funny turned person on msmbc. If she couldn't speak and wore a pair of brokeds and a pair of Round House coveralls she might do to take along on a noodling trip to a flash flood filled buffalo wallow someplace in west Texas. Camp cook perhaps. A pearl handled dandy one might call her.

Rachel Maddow, a kinda funny turned person on msmbc. If she couldn't speak and wore a pair of brokeds and a pair of Round House coveralls she might do to take along on a noodling trip to a flash flood filled buffalo wallow someplace in west Texas. Camp cook perhaps. A pearl handled dandy one might call her.

You okay?

This is late but we're all OK. Fortunately we only got rain out of the rain cloud.

Senator Lugar sux.

Who is Senator Beck?

Who is Senator Beck?
    nm

All-Interweb

Probably not. While I disagree with your points (Big Surprise, right?) as to what is important, those points exactly detail what is happening in the Republican Party today, and why the tent is shrinking ever smaller. Eventually, it will take a Dukakis-like debacle to awaken Republicans that their strident and vitriolic and extremist views are alienating a large section of the population that would traditionally vote Republican.

JMO of course.
    both parties are equally guilty of this. The scare mongering of both sides is insidious.
    We had a local election here for city council and I was getting e-mails from one candidate, did no research and was telling Mrs. Pants daily that we need to vote for so and so, well I spent all of an hour to do some research and quickly changed my vote to the opponent because her comments while having a small and I do mean small amount or truth to them did not tell the whole story.
    Until the voting population actually start doing more than watching slanted political ads and media based biased news organizations to get their info we are doomed.
    How can you pretend to hold elected officials accountable or figure out who to vote for if you are not going to do some research on your own?
    Both parties have done a great job at polarizing their core group so people just vote party lines and the ads and media are just trying to scare the moderates to move to their side.