Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

  1. #21
    All-Interweb E-Vol-ution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    17,525

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by ark20 View Post
    The National record is held by Darrell Robinson 44.69...

    http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/rec...r_records.html

    A quote from Bailey.. "I'm just a kid trying to run grown men times"
    That's not an official time due to it being handheld.
    Handheld = pushing the button when the line is about to be crossed
    Handheld = pushing the button as the line is crossed
    handheld = pushing the button after the line is crossed

    See? That's three different times by a guy who most likely doesn't play video games well.
    Last edited by E-Vol-ution; 04-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

  2. #22
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,828

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by allendad View Post
    Being a former 1/4 miler, I would love to see video of that race. What
    A great talent this kid has. Could end up being the greatest 1/4 miler in history. Will be a thrill to watch this youngster develop ! Wow 45.18, that's just SILLY speed ! ! ! !
    I would love to see a video of it to. That is unbelievably fast for a HS kid!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  3. #23
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    I would love to see a video of it to. That is unbelievably fast for a HS kid!
    Here you go, there is a link in the middle of the page: http://tx.milesplit.com/meets/117096-region-1-5a-meet

    After watching this clip, seeing him in London this summer doesn't seem that far fetched. The ease in which he ran this time gave me goose bumps and with NO competition pushing him...

  4. #24
    All-Galaxy bobcatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cypress
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by CCCSportsFan View Post
    Here you go, there is a link in the middle of the page: http://tx.milesplit.com/meets/117096-region-1-5a-meet

    After watching this clip, seeing him in London this summer doesn't seem that far fetched. The ease in which he ran this time gave me goose bumps and with NO competition pushing him...
    Oh my. He smoked the field and that is not something you see too often in Regional Finals. I can't wait to see him run in person at the State Meet.


    My two favorite beers are "free" and "cold"
    BFND!!!!

  5. #25
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,828

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by CCCSportsFan View Post
    Here you go, there is a link in the middle of the page: http://tx.milesplit.com/meets/117096-region-1-5a-meet

    After watching this clip, seeing him in London this summer doesn't seem that far fetched. The ease in which he ran this time gave me goose bumps and with NO competition pushing him...
    Amazing!
    Thanks for posting link.

    And to think that two other kids ran under 48 in that race while in the other 3 regions combined only two more kids ran under 48. That puts it into perspective just how fast this young man is!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  6. #26
    All-World
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beaumont
    Posts
    1,383

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    so who wins it all next week?!?
    "IF YOU DO NOT INVEST VERY MUCH, THEN DEFEAT DOES NOT HURT VERY MUCH AND WINNING IS NOT VERY EXCITING" - Dick Vermiel

  7. #27
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Nice article about Mr. Baily and Shelbi Vaughan and their quests for the state meet and Olympic Trials

    http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/05...-standard.html

  8. #28
    All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    now @ RRCR
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    UIL State 5A 400m Final Results:

    Finals
    1 Aldrich Bailey, Mansf.Timberview 45.92
    2 DreVian Young, Houston Nimitz 46.97
    3 Chris Durham, Lufkin 47.41
    4 Eric Janise, The Woodlands 47.60
    5 Jamal Marshall, Fort Bend Elkins 47.69
    6 Anthony Johnson, Keller Central 48.55
    7 Ryan Deleon, Corpus Christi King 49.04
    8 Richard Gary, Duncanville 49.32
    9 Blake Partida, Converse Judson 50.98

  9. #29
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lufkin, Texas
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by RRSP1 View Post
    UIL State 5A 400m Final Results:

    Finals
    1 Aldrich Bailey, Mansf.Timberview 45.92
    2 DreVian Young, Houston Nimitz 46.97
    3 Chris Durham, Lufkin 47.41
    4 Eric Janise, The Woodlands 47.60
    5 Jamal Marshall, Fort Bend Elkins 47.69
    6 Anthony Johnson, Keller Central 48.55
    7 Ryan Deleon, Corpus Christi King 49.04
    8 Richard Gary, Duncanville 49.32
    9 Blake Partida, Converse Judson 50.98
    5 guys under 48 is moving! Congrats.
    Go Pack!

  10. #30
    All-Interweb dragonpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southlake,TX
    Posts
    14,289

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    5 guys under 48 is moving! Congrats.
    great times and Bailey still beat the field by a full second amazing.

  11. #31
    All-World Eagle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DeSoto
    Posts
    1,739

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    great times and Bailey still beat the field by a full second amazing.
    Mile Relay. Timberview behind at 8 places & Bailey gets stick and runs a 45.48 and starts passing the field for a 3rd place finish behind winner Duncanville and Converse Judson. Bailey is special and can flat out get after it. Remember that name for Olympics. Awesome athlete.

  12. #32
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2 View Post
    Mile Relay. Timberview behind at 8 places & Bailey gets stick and runs a 45.48 and starts passing the field for a 3rd place finish behind winner Duncanville and Converse Judson. Bailey is special and can flat out get after it. Remember that name for Olympics. Awesome athlete.
    Incredible

    Saw Abraham Hall blazed a 10.19 to win the 100M...

    We could see 2 Texas kids make news at the OT's new month

  13. #33
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    He and Mansfield Legacy's Shelby Vaughan will compete at the Olympic Trials in Eugene next month. It's been a huge year for Mansfield ISD athletics.

  14. #34
    All-Interweb chhspantherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    7-6A
    Posts
    19,570

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by theartfuldodger View Post
    He and Mansfield Legacy's Shelby Vaughan will compete at the Olympic Trials in Eugene next month. It's been a huge year for Mansfield ISD athletics.
    tell me about it

  15. #35
    All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    now @ RRCR
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    This weekend's results from the USATF Junior Championships. This meet is typically dominated by first year college athletes (up to 19 years old). With six guys running sub-47, a 0.4 margin of victory if pretty dominate in my book!

    Men 400 Meter Dash
    Finals
    1 Bailey, Aldrich Dallas Gold TC 45.37
    2 Hall, Arman Unattached 45.77
    3 Okezie, Chidi Unattached 46.55
    4 Downing, Quincy Lsu 46.68
    5 Chambers, Marcus Seatown Expr 46.98
    6 Newton, Michael The Heat Track Club 46.99
    7 Page II, Champ Track Expres 47.40
    8 Washington III, Philip Michigan 47.59

    Another Texas High schooler who completely dominated their event was Shelbi Vaughan, from Mansfield Legacy. Folks, that 60.59 meter mark equates to 198 feet 9 inches!!, which broke the 17 year old American Junior mark held by women's discus legend, Suzy Powell, by 8+ feet. Last I heard, Shelbi had committed to A&M.

    Women Discus Throw
    Finals
    1 Vaughan, Shelbi Mansfield Hi 60.59mM
    2 Collatz, Alex U S C 52.18m
    3 Ewen, Magdalyn Unattached 52.12m
    4 Hammar, Rebecca Stanford University 51.96m
    5 Cooks, Alexis Unattached 51.29m
    6 Allman, Valarie Unattached 50.91m
    7 Hicks, Kiah Colorado State 50.58m
    8 Cumings, Patricia Liberty University 48.55m
    Last edited by RRSP1; 06-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.

  16. #36
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by RRSP1 View Post
    This weekend's results from the USATF Junior Championships. This meet is typically dominated by first year college athletes (up to 19 years old). With six guys running sub-47, a 0.4 margin of victory if pretty dominate in my book!

    Men 400 Meter Dash
    Finals
    1 Bailey, Aldrich Dallas Gold TC 45.37
    2 Hall, Arman Unattached 45.77
    3 Okezie, Chidi Unattached 46.55
    4 Downing, Quincy Lsu 46.68
    5 Chambers, Marcus Seatown Expr 46.98
    6 Newton, Michael The Heat Track Club 46.99
    7 Page II, Champ Track Expres 47.40
    8 Washington III, Philip Michigan 47.59

    Another Texas High schooler who completely dominated their event was Shelbi Vaughan, from Mansfield Legacy. Folks, that 60.59 meter mark equates to 198 feet 9 inches!!, which broke the 17 year old American Junior mark held by women's discus legend, Suzy Powell, by 8+ feet. Last I heard, Shelbi had committed to A&M.

    Women Discus Throw
    Finals
    1 Vaughan, Shelbi Mansfield Hi 60.59mM
    2 Collatz, Alex U S C 52.18m
    3 Ewen, Magdalyn Unattached 52.12m
    4 Hammar, Rebecca Stanford University 51.96m
    5 Cooks, Alexis Unattached 51.29m
    6 Allman, Valarie Unattached 50.91m
    7 Hicks, Kiah Colorado State 50.58m
    8 Cumings, Patricia Liberty University 48.55m
    WOW, congrats to both of them for incredible performances this weekend! They've set themselves up to have an outstanding experience at the OT's later this month

  17. #37
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    On to the semi-finals at the OT's for Mr. Bailey Fifth best time in the qualifying round today at 45.59!!

    http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...F/Results.aspx

  18. #38
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Congrats to Shelbi Vaughn for finishing 4th in the qualifying round in the women's discus today at the OT's with a throw of 193'9" and moving onto the finals

    http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...F/Results.aspx

    Incredible performances from her and Mr. Bailey!

  19. #39
    All-Interweb chhspantherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    7-6A
    Posts
    19,570

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by CCCSportsFan View Post
    On to the semi-finals at the OT's for Mr. Bailey Fifth best time in the qualifying round today at 45.59!!

    http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...F/Results.aspx
    Wow. Looks like Track is alive and well.

  20. #40
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,864

    Default Re: Aldrich Bailey runs 45.18 to break Jeremy Warner's record

    Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    Wow. Looks like Track is alive and well.
    Lot of truth in this mornings article in the Star-Telegram.. USA track does need some new hero's, but when you have to search the web to find results, it's hard to create a new generation of fans

    http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06...and-field.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •