Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 269

Thread: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

  1. #41
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Last two players for each team yet to report results. TWHS B opening up some whoop a--. Now reporting a seven stroke lead for the championship

  2. #42
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Wow. SLC thought they had this thing locked up 3 months ago. Looks like it's getting interesting now. I wonder what Rad-Farmer-Ticketwriter would have to say if the Woodz ends up winning it again.
    Hopefully he'd congratulate TWHS on their achievement then congratulate the other schools in the running for same.

    That is what I will do if this is what occurs. It is not just the 'win' in this case, it is being in the hunt that is important. But of course, winning would be sweet.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  3. #43
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    26,013

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    This is kind of like a football game in sloooow motion... It's been a great year for a lot of student athletes!
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

  4. #44
    All-Galaxy powerofthehaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trophy Club
    Posts
    2,714

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    This is kind of like a football game in sloooow motion... It's been a great year for a lot of student athletes!
    Byron Nelson girls finish 2nd and boys tie for 3rd in state. Yes, I realize it's 4A.
    Not bad for a second year school. They were tied for ninth in Lone Star Cup and should move up.

  5. #45
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Two TWHS not reporting yet, one AW. TWHS now has nine stroke lead. Have to leave the board for meeting but looks like TWHS will win boys golf title. If my totals are correct SLC will have 88 points and TWHS will have 82 in hunt for LSC.

  6. #46
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Hopefully he'd congratulate TWHS on their achievement then congratulate the other schools in the running for same.

    That is what I will do if this is what occurs. It is not just the 'win' in this case, it is being in the hunt that is important. But of course, winning would be sweet.
    Well said, this is my view exactly. No matter which team, if either wins in the end, its the competition, speculation and anticipation which make it fun. It helps that if and when you win or lose it is to an equally worthy opponent.

    Just so neither team gets too confident, SA Reagan could be a sleeper. I think they received two points in golf so at 70 points they are within striking distance if they are well represented in any of the remaining venues.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    HV
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Wow. SLC thought they had this thing locked up 3 months ago. Looks like it's getting interesting now. I wonder what Rad-Farmer-Ticketwriter would have to say if the Woodz ends up winning it again.
    farmerfan is a moron and so is Rad Thibodeaux. They would probably say something like Southlake Carroll would never win the LSC and that Plano Sucks and then would be issued a ticket for being mean and a moron.

    Ticketwriter would just write a ticket to Southlake Carroll for blowing a huge lead and another ticket to The Woodlands for being a tease.

  8. #48
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by ticketwriter View Post
    farmerfan is a moron and so is Rad Thibodeaux. They would probably say something like Southlake Carroll would never win the LSC and that Plano Sucks and then would be issued a ticket for being mean and a moron.

    Ticketwriter would just write a ticket to Southlake Carroll for blowing a huge lead and another ticket to The Woodlands for being a tease.
    That made me chuckle. I know, I know just give me the ticket, I'll pay it.

  9. #49
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twhfan#1 View Post
    As I re-call that is the lowest point winner I have seen. Usually takes about 100 pts to win -- I think SLC ( 4A at the time) had the highest point total ever --- something like 140.
    SLC owns the TWO highest point totals ever. In 2000 they had 136 points which was the record at the time. The next year they earned 150 points. Both were in 4A.

  10. #50
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by SLCDad View Post
    SLC owns the TWO highest point totals ever. In 2000 they had 136 points which was the record at the time. The next year they earned 150 points. Both were in 4A.
    Is that akin to the minor leagues to a major league ball player?

  11. #51
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    Is that akin to the minor leagues to a major league ball player?

    Yeah . . . pretty much.

  12. #52
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by SLCDad View Post
    Yeah . . . pretty much.
    Just kidding about 4A. Most of the time I think the top of 4A is similar to the top of 5A. In other words the state champ would likely give the 5A state champ a good battle and sometimes win. But, the difference between the two is the depth of teams or number of teams who are at a higher level. So, I would expect since the points awarded in the 4A LSC are the same as the 5A, the top tier teams would have higher relative scores. A good example in football would be my belief that the top 5 football teams in 4A would probably be well matched against the top 20-25 5A teams.

  13. #53
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    If the current seeds hold at the state track meet and if the team distribution of points is similar to last year, TWHS will get 30pts at the girls meet, SLC will get 10 points at the girls meet. TWHS will get 11 points at the boys meet, SLC will get 0 points at the boys meet. Only TWHS girls will have enough points to get any LSC points and then it is only 2 points for fifth place. If the three number one seeded TWHS girls do not win their event then the difference in points will cause TWHS to fall out of the top five receiving no points based point distribution last season. One race of particular interest is the girls 1600 meter race where TWHS Madi McClellan is seeded first at 502.41 and SLC Courtney Kriegshauser is seeded second at 502.45. If the SLC runner defeats the TWHS runner, then that will take away enough points to prevent TWHS from finishing 5th again based on the point distribution last year. One point of note in the race is that at the regional competition the TWHS was in a close race while the SLC runner had a better lead. The track competition will take place not this week but the following week.

  14. #54
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    If the current seeds hold at the state track meet and if the team distribution of points is similar to last year, TWHS will get 30pts at the girls meet, SLC will get 10 points at the girls meet. TWHS will get 11 points at the boys meet, SLC will get 0 points at the boys meet. Only TWHS girls will have enough points to get any LSC points and then it is only 2 points for fifth place. If the three number one seeded TWHS girls do not win their event then the difference in points will cause TWHS to fall out of the top five receiving no points based point distribution last season. One race of particular interest is the girls 1600 meter race where TWHS Madi McClellan is seeded first at 502.41 and SLC Courtney Kriegshauser is seeded second at 502.45. If the SLC runner defeats the TWHS runner, then that will take away enough points to prevent TWHS from finishing 5th again based on the point distribution last year. One point of note in the race is that at the regional competition the TWHS was in a close race while the SLC runner had a better lead. The track competition will take place not this week but the following week.
    That 1600 meter race will be something to see. Our distance runners have been pretty good, and apparently so have the TWHS ones. This is actually pretty exciting...
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  15. #55
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    That 1600 meter race will be something to see. Our distance runners have been pretty good, and apparently so have the TWHS ones. This is actually pretty exciting...
    You're just crapping yourself aren't you. If that other Woodlands school beats you again after a hefty headstart, redrage and farmerfan will dance all over your arse. And spare me the PC BS about all the top 10 schools are great. If you guys happen to hang on, you and the rest of dragon nation will be thumping your chests as per usual and digging your heels into Highland Park, Colleyville Heritage, Grapevine, and FM Marcus.

  16. #56
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    You're just crapping yourself aren't you. If that other Woodlands school beats you again after a hefty headstart, redrage and farmerfan will dance all over your arse. And spare me the PC BS about all the top 10 schools are great. If you guys happen to hang on, you and the rest of dragon nation will be thumping your chests as per usual and digging your heels into Highland Park, Colleyville Heritage, Grapevine, and FM Marcus.
    Probably so on the bolded. That's ok, I know they love us.

    You don't know me well enough I guess. I really DO believe it is all about the kids and the efforts they make, and the programs offered by these schools to allow them to reach their potential. While sure, I'd like to win this thing, I also am appreciating the 'race'. As for HP, got not skin in the game on that one. I have been to both CHHS and FM Marcus games, supporting both when we weren't in it. They are our neighbors. I respect what is being provided for kids who are not just football players, but also tennis, track, baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, band, UIL academic competitions.

    Chest thumping? Yeah, pretty sure that is gonna happen if a victory is ours.

    Now, what the heck is a big rat-with-pockets loving, rabbit-eating, white-shark talking, criminal-from-an-island-that-pretends-to-be-a-continent expatriate living in College Park (WHERE?) doing in this thread? I know, you are a TWHS wannabe (no, NOT wallaby).
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  17. #57
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    26,013

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    I like the Cup turned into a science...Never knew there were so many random points out there!
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

  18. #58
    All-World uhsfilmcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Laredo
    Posts
    1,677

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Begwin finished 18th in individual golf. Kazen in the high jump for track still awaits.
    "Just play"
    Tradition in the Making
    State Champions: 0
    Semifinal Champions: 0
    Regional Champions: 0


    0 consecutive winning seasons: 1961-Present

  19. #59
    All-Interweb
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southlake,TX
    Posts
    15,049

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    You're just crapping yourself aren't you. If that other Woodlands school beats you again after a hefty headstart, redrage and farmerfan will dance all over your arse. And spare me the PC BS about all the top 10 schools are great. If you guys happen to hang on, you and the rest of dragon nation will be thumping your chests as per usual and digging your heels into Highland Park, Colleyville Heritage, Grapevine, and FM Marcus.
    Highland Park is 4A f.ck stick.
    Besides we have stud move in from Oregon in the 1600.

  20. #60
    All-Interweb
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southlake,TX
    Posts
    15,049

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Probably so on the bolded. That's ok, I know they love us.

    You don't know me well enough I guess. I really DO believe it is all about the kids and the efforts they make, and the programs offered by these schools to allow them to reach their potential. While sure, I'd like to win this thing, I also am appreciating the 'race'. As for HP, got not skin in the game on that one. I have been to both CHHS and FM Marcus games, supporting both when we weren't in it. They are our neighbors. I respect what is being provided for kids who are not just football players, but also tennis, track, baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, band, UIL academic competitions.

    Chest thumping? Yeah, pretty sure that is gonna happen if a victory is ours.

    Now, what the heck is a big rat-with-pockets loving, rabbit-eating, white-shark talking, criminal-from-an-island-that-pretends-to-be-a-continent expatriate living in College Park (WHERE?) doing in this thread? I know, you are a TWHS wannabe (no, NOT wallaby).
    you forgot racist.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •