Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 269

Thread: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

  1. #181
    All-Universe rodjohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    5,089

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    There needs to be some kind of an automatic advantage to the district champion in the 1 v 4 matchup. HFA or the choice to go 1 or 3 games, or both. It doesn't seem right that the 4th placed team gets to dictate the terms by way of a stupid coin toss.
    There is an automatic "built in" advantage…the best team in district gets to play the 4th place team...
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

    "I’m not saying I’m batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

  2. #182
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    There is an automatic "built in" advantage…the best team in district gets to play the 4th place team...
    not in baseball. 1 game does not decide who the best team is. this is why they go 7 in the majors. all i'm saying is the 4th place team shouldn't have a say in something that crucial.

  3. #183
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    not in baseball. 1 game does not decide who the best team is. this is why they go 7 in the majors. all i'm saying is the 4th place team shouldn't have a say in something that crucial.
    I'm not sure one game determines the best team in any sport, just the best team in that game on that day.

  4. #184
    All-American LakeTravisAlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Austin
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    One of them will win the tie-breaker for the number one seed. If you are not sure, look at their opponents. The number one seed will face the four seed from the opposite district. Hopefully that helps.
    Ok LT won the tie breaker and is the number one seed in baseball. So that means that they got the full 4 points?
    2014 Austin Lake Travis Cavaliers 0-0 (0-0)
    New Year, New Team, One Dream

    8/29 Waco Midway
    9/5 @ Copperas Cove
    9/12 @ Buda Hays
    9/19 OPEN
    9/26 Del Valle
    10/3 @ Kyle Lehman
    10/10 Austin Anderson
    10/17 @ Austin High
    10/24 Austin Westlake
    10/31 @ Austin Bowie
    11/7 Austin Akins

    2013 District 15-5A Champs, 5A D2 R2 Champs 12-2 (6-0)
    2012 District 15-5A Champs 9-2 (6-0)
    2007-2011 5x 4A State Champs 77-3 Overall Record

    Go Cavs! & Hook 'em Horns!!

  5. #185
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeTravisAlum View Post
    Ok LT won the tie breaker and is the number one seed in baseball. So that means that they got the full 4 points?
    That is correct I believe, but it is not spelled out in the rules that I have found. My prelim look at the brackets led me to believe the two schools are exactly tied. I did not look at the tie breaker if they lose the same week. The first tiebreaker is the LSC sports championships. So for example SLC wins the tiebreaker over TWHS because they have 5 titles and TWHS only has one, at least until softball season is over!

  6. #186
    All-State
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    conroe
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    so, is SLC baseball any good? and who is going to be able to stop TWHS softball? If softball repeats as state champs, does TW get the trophy?

  7. #187
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    far, far north plano
    Posts
    16,034

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by prof1065 View Post
    so, is SLC baseball any good? and who is going to be able to stop TWHS softball? If softball repeats as state champs, does TW get the trophy?
    in softball. lsc points are double sided. according to some if slc baseball go to the state title tourney, slc wins regardless of what tw does.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

  8. #188
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
    in softball. lsc points are double sided. according to some if slc baseball go to the state title tourney, slc wins regardless of what tw does.
    If my totals are correct, An SLC victory for the Regional Title will lock the LSC title, regardless of TWHS softball results. The reason being TWHS is 5 1/2 points behind, so must advance and win three games further than SLC baseball. Since there are only two possible wins between the Region Title and State Title a Region Championship should lock the title for SLC, again if my running totals are correct. The wild card is the Academic Meet. I haven't looked in the last few days, but initially it looked like no LSC competitors would get Academic Meet points, so that is the assumption I am working off.

  9. #189
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southlake, Texas
    Posts
    20,674

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by prof1065 View Post
    so, is SLC baseball any good? and who is going to be able to stop TWHS softball? If softball repeats as state champs, does TW get the trophy?
    Carroll will have to play Flower Mound in baseball this Friday. Flower Mound is very good and will be favored as one of the top-ranked teams in Texas.

    Sic Semper Tyrannis

  10. #190
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by DrEdward View Post
    Carroll will have to play Flower Mound in baseball this Friday. Flower Mound is very good and will be favored as one of the top-ranked teams in Texas.
    At least one poll I saw early in the year had SLC as a top five team. I believe it was on the SLC baseball homepage. Sandbagging?

  11. #191
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,538

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    At least one poll I saw early in the year had SLC as a top five team. I believe it was on the SLC baseball homepage. Sandbagging?
    Doc isn't much of a sandbagger. Most of us SLC folks feel we are the underdog in this one, FloMo has some real talent. Two DI pitchers so even if it is a pitching duel, their depth can getcha.

    We aren't conceding, we are just being honest.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  12. #192
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by prof1065 View Post
    so, is SLC baseball any good? and who is going to be able to stop TWHS softball? If softball repeats as state champs, does TW get the trophy?
    KC and Pearland look very, very good. Klein Collins is next week if both advance. I believe they are ranked as the number 10 sb team in the state and always dangerous. Pearland is ranked number two and was the 2010 state champion. TWHS beat them convincingly last year, so Pearland would be anxious for a chance to redeem themselves. These two would not meet until the title game. I'm not sure how that works in sb, because they met in the semis last season. I wish football did that, I'm getting awful tired of Region One always going against Region Two.

  13. #193
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Doc isn't much of a sandbagger. Most of us SLC folks feel we are the underdog in this one, FloMo has some real talent. Two DI pitchers so even if it is a pitching duel, their depth can getcha.

    We aren't conceding, we are just being honest.
    Does SLC have any D1 pitchers? I just looked at the coaches poll and the only Dallas area teams I see are Martin now at #1 and Plano East now at #10. Given the success of SLC and Flower Mound, its a little curious not to see either in the top ten at least in the coaches poll.

  14. #194
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,538

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    Does SLC have any D1 pitchers? I just looked at the coaches poll and the only Dallas area teams I see are Martin now at #1 and Plano East now at #10. Given the success of SLC and Flower Mound, its a little curious not to see either in the top ten at least in the coaches poll.
    yep, we've got one.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  15. #195
    All-Galaxy SLCbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    Does SLC have any D1 pitchers? I just looked at the coaches poll and the only Dallas area teams I see are Martin now at #1 and Plano East now at #10. Given the success of SLC and Flower Mound, its a little curious not to see either in the top ten at least in the coaches poll.
    Greg Maisto is committed to A&M. It looks like both starting pitchers in this game are committed to the Aggies.
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

  16. #196
    All-Interweb JagFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Flower Mound
    Posts
    18,466

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by SLCbacker View Post
    Greg Maisto is committed to A&M. It looks like both starting pitchers in this game are committed to the Aggies.
    you know for sure we are going with Vinson? I have not heard who was going to start. Yes Vinson is a A&M commit, next year these two kids will be teamates.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

    Audrey Hepburn


    FOF FOT

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

  17. #197
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,524

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by JagFan View Post
    you know for sure we are going with Vinson? I have not heard who was going to start. Yes Vinson is a A&M commit, next year these two kids will be teamates.
    I wish I could see the game. I might even choose it over a softball game. Maybe they could consider a neutral site like The Woodlands.

  18. #198
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    26,032

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    I wish I could see the game. I might even choose it over a softball game. Maybe they could consider a neutral site like The Woodlands.
    They are at a neutral site..Colleyville...Just a quick 5 hour drive for ya!
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

  19. #199
    All-Interweb JagFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Flower Mound
    Posts
    18,466

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    I wish I could see the game. I might even choose it over a softball game. Maybe they could consider a neutral site like The Woodlands.
    It should be a good game. I would be a lot more confident if it was a 3 game series but we play what is handed to us. Plus both schools bring the fans. should be an electric atmosphere.

    If you go to fmjagsbaseball.com and scroll down towards the bottom you can watch the game on Champions Sports Radio on the internet. Not sure if Carroll has radio or internet broadcasts of the games.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

    Audrey Hepburn


    FOF FOT

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

  20. #200
    All-Galaxy SLCbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: Lone Star Cup - April 27 update

    Quote Originally Posted by JagFan View Post
    It should be a good game. I would be a lot more confident if it was a 3 game series but we play what is handed to us. Plus both schools bring the fans. should be an electric atmosphere.

    If you go to fmjagsbaseball.com and scroll down towards the bottom you can watch the game on Champions Sports Radio on the internet. Not sure if Carroll has radio or internet broadcasts of the games.
    I am hoping for a good game. FM is definately the favorite. FMs bats have been hot, and their pitching is deeper. With limited pitching, Carroll's best chance is the one game series. We are bringing the FOXES out for this one!!!
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •