Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Colt McCoy

  1. #1
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Colt McCoy

    Does he stay at Cleveland? Who picks him up if he doesn't?

    Big mistake for the Browns to go with Weeden. I'd have gone with Cousins, Foles or Osweiler if the plan is to trade Colt. Personally, I'd have kept him. Good for him though. Who really wants to live in Cleveland?

  2. #2
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,538

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    Tebow > McCoy?
    McCoy > Tannehill?

    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  3. #3
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    18,192

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Does he stay at Cleveland? Who picks him up if he doesn't?

    Big mistake for the Browns to go with Weeden. I'd have gone with Cousins, Foles or Osweiler if the plan is to trade Colt. Personally, I'd have kept him. Good for him though. Who really wants to live in Cleveland?
    I have no idea what Colt's value is in the trade market. He was a third round pick who has shown some things but not enough to raise his stock much. Cleveland would probably be looking at a 5th round pick, maybe a 4th, for him.

    I don't think Weeden was a big mistake at all. Whether or not he translates into a viable starter I don't know. What I do know is I only would have considered Foles over him. I think Foles is the sleeper of this draft class for qbs. I'd have taken another position and looked to get Foles in the second or third round.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

  4. #4
    All-Universe SV61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    COMFORT able
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    They got Weeden to run 20 - 30 wildcat plays a game. He wasn't really brought in, to take McCoy's spot.

    This is happening a lot in the North East, apparently.


  5. #5
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    far, far north plano
    Posts
    16,034

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    Quote Originally Posted by SV61 View Post
    They got Weeden to run 20 - 30 wildcat plays a game. He wasn't really brought in, to take McCoy's spot.

    This is happening a lot in the North East, apparently.

    if accurate, cle will continue drafting early. terrible reasoning for a first round qb, imo.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

  6. #6
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lufkin, Texas
    Posts
    22,751

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    I like Weeden, I just don't know why Cleveland takes him. Cleveland needs skill players to get the ball to, and I do like Richardson, but he's a stretch at 3 too IMO. Who was the last rb taken that highly - McFadden?
    Go Pack!

  7. #7
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    I have no idea what Colt's value is in the trade market. He was a third round pick who has shown some things but not enough to raise his stock much. Cleveland would probably be looking at a 5th round pick, maybe a 4th, for him.

    I don't think Weeden was a big mistake at all. Whether or not he translates into a viable starter I don't know. What I do know is I only would have considered Foles over him. I think Foles is the sleeper of this draft class for qbs. I'd have taken another position and looked to get Foles in the second or third round.
    If they'd picked up Weeden in the 3rd round,then yes. 22nd overall pick. What a waste. Are we sure he can even take a hit in the NFL? They're not going to be running Mike Gundy's system. I like Colt better.

  8. #8
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mid-Texas
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    Just saw a report on msnbc.com that Colt may be traded to the Packers.

  9. #9
    All-Universe SV61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    COMFORT able
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Colt McCoy

    Does anybody else have any concern over Colt's cerebrial health? I mean, is he gonna go the way of Troy (or Trey Newton), having to retire because of head issues?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •