Thread: Colt McCoy

Default Colt McCoy

Does he stay at Cleveland? Who picks him up if he doesn't?

Big mistake for the Browns to go with Weeden. I'd have gone with Cousins, Foles or Osweiler if the plan is to trade Colt. Personally, I'd have kept him. Good for him though. Who really wants to live in Cleveland?

Default Re: Colt McCoy

Tebow > McCoy?
    McCoy > Tannehill?

The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Does he stay at Cleveland? Who picks him up if he doesn't?

Big mistake for the Browns to go with Weeden. I'd have gone with Cousins, Foles or Osweiler if the plan is to trade Colt. Personally, I'd have kept him. Good for him though. Who really wants to live in Cleveland?
    I have no idea what Colt's value is in the trade market. He was a third round pick who has shown some things but not enough to raise his stock much. Cleveland would probably be looking at a 5th round pick, maybe a 4th, for him.

I don't think Weeden was a big mistake at all. Whether or not he translates into a viable starter I don't know. What I do know is I only would have considered Foles over him. I think Foles is the sleeper of this draft class for qbs. I'd have taken another position and looked to get Foles in the second or third round.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

They got Weeden to run 20 - 30 wildcat plays a game. He wasn't really brought in, to take McCoy's spot.

This is happening a lot in the North East, apparently.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SV61 View Post
    They got Weeden to run 20 - 30 wildcat plays a game. He wasn't really brought in, to take McCoy's spot.

This is happening a lot in the North East, apparently.

if accurate, cle will continue drafting early. terrible reasoning for a first round qb, imo.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

I like Weeden, I just don't know why Cleveland takes him. Cleveland needs skill players to get the ball to, and I do like Richardson, but he's a stretch at 3 too IMO. Who was the last rb taken that highly - McFadden?
    Go Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    I have no idea what Colt's value is in the trade market. He was a third round pick who has shown some things but not enough to raise his stock much. Cleveland would probably be looking at a 5th round pick, maybe a 4th, for him.

I don't think Weeden was a big mistake at all. Whether or not he translates into a viable starter I don't know. What I do know is I only would have considered Foles over him. I think Foles is the sleeper of this draft class for qbs. I'd have taken another position and looked to get Foles in the second or third round.
    If they'd picked up Weeden in the 3rd round,then yes. 22nd overall pick. What a waste. Are we sure he can even take a hit in the NFL? They're not going to be running Mike Gundy's system. I like Colt better.

Reserve

Just saw a report on msnbc.com that Colt may be traded to the Packers.

Does anybody else have any concern over Colt's cerebrial health? I mean, is he gonna go the way of Troy (or Trey Newton), having to retire because of head issues?