Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: San Antonio Football

Default Re: San Antonio Football

I still dont see a standout punter. They have to get those Hangtimes and sky kick in some way. You need to get it as far as you can so the opponent has more to work with. You can also kick it out for those dangerous speedsters. You always need that pooch kick in their, their is nothing like getting the squib look alike. Ground them with the endzone on their backs. Its key to get that position in place.
    "Just play"
    Tradition in the Making
    State Champions: 0
    Semifinal Champions: 0
    Regional Champions: 0

0 consecutive winning seasons: 1961-Present

Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    (Never thought I'd be talking about Reagan and speed in the same sentence! LOL)
    Have you already forgotten about the days of Walls and Wright? That white QB before Walls was pretty fast too. But yeah it's been awhile since Reagan has had that kind of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    rattler, sounds like Reagan is looking very good for 2012! It sounds like you guys will be much faster this year. Speed kills and if you got it, it can only help make the Rattlers more dangerous.

And to hear that you don't see any drop off at QB is just crazy! Wow, that is some talent when you can have a kid step up after graduating a kid like Trevor!

Good luck to your Rattlers this year, I hope we get another game against yall in the playoffs in 2012.
    Thanks Clemensbuff. Best of luck to the knights this year as well. Hopefully we'll meet again deep into the playoffs! But with different results this time of course!

How are the Knights looking?
    No greater sight than watching the Rattlers take the field at Hero's Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    Thanks Clemensbuff. Best of luck to the knights this year as well. Hopefully we'll meet again deep into the playoffs! But with different results this time of course!

How are the Knights looking?
    I'd love to see us meet up with the Rattlers again as well.

I haven't been to any of the workouts but from all I've been told they are looking good and faster then any team yet at Seebalo. That is saying something considering several boys that are the 'wheels' on the team are not even practicing as they are getting ready for the state track meet this weekend.

I've heard that Braylon McCollum looks great at QB both running it and throwing it and that the O-line appears to be getting it together and that it is the biggest one to date. Word is the O-line is getting a bit salty and starting to look pretty good. The D-line is going to be something special again this year with Staud leading the way and a couple of fresh faces stepping up. DBs...........well, Huhn, Sterns, Burton, etc......nuff said.

By the way, I also heard the WRs are looking very, very good and that they've got a couple of youngsters in the 6'1"-6'2" range that can get it. Now, add Mayle and T Thompson into that and I think we'll be very, very dangerous through the air and teams will not be able to key on Stockton, Sterns, Wallace, or McCollum carrying the rock.

If we can stay healthy and get better every week, I like our chances once again!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

I haven't been to any of the workouts but from all I've been told they are looking good and faster then any team yet at Seebalo. That is saying something considering several boys that are the 'wheels' on the team are not even practicing as they are getting ready for the state track meet this weekend.

I've heard that Braylon McCollum looks great at QB both running it and throwing it and that the O-line appears to be getting it together and that it is the biggest one to date. Word is the O-line is getting a bit salty and starting to look pretty good. The D-line is going to be something special again this year with Staud leading the way and a couple of fresh faces stepping up. DBs...........well, Huhn, Sterns, Burton, etc......nuff said.

By the way, I also heard the WRs are looking very, very good and that they've got a couple of youngsters in the 6'1"-6'2" range that can get it. Now, add Mayle and T Thompson into that and I think we'll be very, very dangerous through the air and teams will not be able to key on Stockton, Sterns, Wallace, or McCollum carrying the rock.

If we can stay healthy and get better every week, I like our chances once again!

Mayle is legit of course and T has the tools to be a real threat for sure, I think he was injured last season. I think they are also mixing in a little slot receiver converted from QB.

Good Luck to the Steele athletes tomorrow @ the state track meet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Mayle is legit of course and T has the tools to be a real threat for sure, I think he was injured last season. I think they are also mixing in a little slot receiver converted from QB.

Good Luck to the Steele athletes tomorrow @ the state track meet!
    Heck yeah, hope the kids do well at State Meet!!!

I also heard their are a couple of taller kids mixing it up at WR as well....maybe some freshman or sophomores? Heard they looked really good and are catching the ball nicely! That sounds great because if we have 2 or 3 other kids that can beat you, nobody can just sit on Mayle all day long!
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Braylon's dad........Brent McCollum, all-state linebacker at Judson on the same team when Jinks was the QB.
    He is I and I am Him!!

IN CANIS CONFIDERUS

God Bless Kent Atwell...(Atwelljroc)
    37 CONSECUTIVE WINNING SEASONS

Scout Teamer

Look forward to seeing the Knights in their non=conference games. Who are top contenders to topple the Knights run at another Regional championship? What region would they play if they make it to Semis..again? Would that region contain LT??? Bring them on!!!

That would be funny if they would make it back to semis. No one from Region 4 can take them down except pre-season.
    "Just play"
    Tradition in the Making

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Goknights1 View Post
    Look forward to seeing the Knights in their non=conference games. Who are top contenders to topple the Knights run at another Regional championship? What region would they play if they make it to Semis..again? Would that region contain LT??? Bring them on!!!
    I believe LT is in Region 2 this year. I know for sure they are not in Region 4.

Quote Originally Posted by nevaplayedk9 View Post
    Braylon's dad........Brent McCollum, all-state linebacker at Judson on the same team when Jinks was the QB.

NP9-Whats the early word on how the Rockets looked in spring ball ?

What's the average height of SV, Reagan, Mac. I know Southwest, they always produce big players and runningbacks. QB Salas is 6'1" and boy is he buffed, I think he is bigger than his brother in lean muscle. WR Dalehite has also gotten bigger arms too, if you intend to press, it must hurt to have him smack your arms.
    "Just play"
    Tradition in the Making

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer shooter's Avatar
    a Nice Home in San Antonio and a Marriott in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by GSBronco View Post

NP9-Whats the early word on how the Rockets looked in spring ball ?
    Boy the injury bug just hit Judson HARD at the end of last week. I feel awful for the young man, he had a big roll this coming fall sure hope he can find a way back. No names, or details just thoughts and prayers...

All-State

Aw man that sucks! Prayers for speedy recovery for that young man. We lost one of our best players in spring ball as well last year. Good thing is the young guys heal alot faster than us old farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Goknights1 View Post
    In region 4 the top threats likely to be D2 are SV, Reagan, and Brandeis.

region 4 will play the region 3 champ in the semis which would be PAM, LaPorte, Katy, etc.

The only way we'd meet up with LT would be for a state title on the line. They are R2 and on the other side of the bracket.
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Quote Originally Posted by uhsfilmcrew View Post
    That would be funny if they would make it back to semis. No one from Region 4 can take them down except pre-season.
    Well, I wouldn't go quite that far compadre with teams like Brandeis, SV, and Reagan likely to be D2 in our region. SV will have their best team in several years and quite possibly........EVER!
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Quote Originally Posted by uhsfilmcrew View Post
    What's the average height of SV, Reagan, Mac. I know Southwest, they always produce big players and runningbacks. QB Salas is 6'1" and boy is he buffed, I think he is bigger than his brother in lean muscle. WR Dalehite has also gotten bigger arms too, if you intend to press, it must hurt to have him smack your arms.
    I have no idea what their avg height would be but I know SV has a RB that has 'trimmed down' to about 220 lbs!
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Boy the injury bug just hit Judson HARD at the end of last week. I feel awful for the young man, he had a big roll this coming fall sure hope he can find a way back. No names, or details just thoughts and prayers...
    Ah man, I hate to hear this.

I hope the young man can recover and play this Fall.
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Ah man, I hate to hear this.

I hope the young man can recover and play this Fall.
    Guys: He is going to be just fine, big scare but nothing major he will be out for the remainer of spring ball but will be chomping at the bit come August!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rock Mom View Post
    Guys: He is going to be just fine, big scare but nothing major he will be out for the remainer of spring ball but will be chomping at the bit come August!!!

Great news indeed!!!
    Cibolo Steele Knights