Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 150

Thread: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

  1. #81
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    When? Last season?
    not haterism, just asking
    It sounded good.......ok we tied........Y'all lost to LaPorte......we lost to Skyline.........
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  2. #82
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    Also, KO plays in arguably the toughest and deepest district in the state. Remember they finished ahead of Dekaney who won the D2 state championship in a route. After dispatching highly touted Westlake (an Austin team), they had the misfortune of playing Skyline, probably man for man the most talented team in the state. We'll never know but I personally believe KO would have had a winning record against most of the state football semifinalists last season.
    I think people forget that we lost our main line backing corp against Westfield.........We went as far as we did with some pretty good replacements but none the less.......We beat Klein Forest pretty soundly and I believe they beat La Porte.......We beat DeKaney pretty soundly and they trounced .......uh......that team from down south...oh ya.....Cibollo Steele ......you know the unbeatable s..........
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  3. #83
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,420

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    Who would you say has a more impressive 5A Texas football history, Seebelo Steele, Klien Oak, Spring Dekaney? Rank those teams with the given criteria.
    The answer to your question is obvious, you don't need stats to prove it. But, it doesn't change MY OPINION that at their best, KO was the best of the three teams last season. There is no way we will ever know with or without stats. When it comes to stats, I will concede you are far more masterful than I.

  4. #84
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    The answer to your question is obvious, you don't need stats to prove it. But, it doesn't change MY OPINION that at their best, KO was the best of the three teams last season. There is no way we will ever know with or without stats. When it comes to stats, I will concede you are far more masterful than I.
    We aren't breaking down a game so stats really aren't needed. Wins and loses coupled with playoff runs are all that is needed for justification.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  5. #85
    All-World
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,420

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    We aren't breaking down a game so stats really aren't needed. Wins and loses coupled with playoff runs are all that is needed for justification.
    Your the stat man, not me, but wouldn't playoff runs apply only if you believe a current version of a given team is not dramatically better than previous versions and/or that teams have equal paths to a title. As for the latter, my personal belief is nothing could be further from reality. As an example of something else we will never be able to prove; while Dekaney MAY HAVE been better than KO midway through the playoffs, my own opinion is that they would have lost to Skyline. I did after all see both teams play and my subjective opinion is that Skyline was a better team than Dekaney. That's similar to the argument that one years state champion would beat another years state champion, no way to prove it. This is not meant to lessen Dekaney's state title, they did what they needed to do to get it. Some out there would even argue Dekaney would have destroyed SLC. I don't believe that, but many would.

  6. #86
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    Your the stat man, not me, but wouldn't playoff runs apply only if you believe a current version of a given team is not dramatically better than previous versions and/or that teams have equal paths to a title. As for the latter, my personal belief is nothing could be further from reality. As an example of something else we will never be able to prove; while Dekaney MAY HAVE been better than KO midway through the playoffs, my own opinion is that they would have lost to Skyline. I did after all see both teams play and my subjective opinion is that Skyline was a better team than Dekaney. That's similar to the argument that one years state champion would beat another years state champion, no way to prove it. This is not meant to lessen Dekaney's state title, they did what they needed to do to get it. Some out there would even argue Dekaney would have destroyed SLC. I don't believe that, but many would.
    I understand 100% what you are saying and don't disagree. Just saying that KO hasn't really made a name for themselves outside of the Houston area and possibly some of the R2 teams. Nice program though.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  7. #87
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,433

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    I am banking on Next year and the following…this year is just the warm up….

    Give them at least one year on Varsity first..

    Does anyone know if Klein plays Katy week 0 or Week 1

    The date for the game is Friday, Aug. 31 at a site yet to be determined.
    August 31 sounds like Week 0.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  8. #88
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    I understand 100% what you are saying and don't disagree. Just saying that KO hasn't really made a name for themselves outside of the Houston area and possibly some of the R2 teams. Nice program though.
    Yet ...........Klein Oak has not made a name for themselves outside of the GHA.......yet..............

    Thus the title of the thread..... Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  9. #89
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Yet ...........Klein Oak has not made a name for themselves outside of the GHA.......yet..............

    Thus the title of the thread..... Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10
    What does this year's Houston area top 10 have to do with how KO has established themselves to date?
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  10. #90
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    What does this year's Houston area top 10 have to do with how KO has established themselves to date?
    I responded to Austin's post about questioning KO's status on the list......the list is of the Greater Houston Area......I think KO has done nicely in the GHA.....don't you?
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  11. #91
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    I responded to Austin's post about questioning KO's status on the list......the list is of the Greater Houston Area......I think KO has done nicely in the GHA.....don't you?
    Agreed. I would say a solid second tier Houston area team.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  12. #92
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    Agreed. I would say a solid second tier Houston area team.
    Define second tier.......
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  13. #93
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Define second tier.......
    Win a title, get to the title game, or win a couple regional titles?
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  14. #94
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    Win a title, get to the title game, or win a couple regional titles?
    So let me get this straight........Win a title......get to the title game....or win a couple of regional titles.........right?

    We are pedaling as fast as we can......So Dekaney is now a top Tier team?
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  15. #95
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    So let me get this straight........Win a title......get to the title game....or win a couple of regional titles.........right?

    We are pedaling as fast as we can......So Dekaney is now a top Tier team?
    I would say they are ahead of KO, yes.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  16. #96
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    I would say they are ahead of KO, yes.
    Fair enough........so just by the merit of having won a State title DeKaney is top tier.......

    So when Katy won the title in 1959.....were they still top tier say in the 1970's? Were they top tier when LaPorte beat them? Is LaPorte top tier?
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  17. #97
    2012 Pick 'Em Champion; All-World LILBradford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Katy, Tx
    Posts
    2,240

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Fair enough........so just by the merit of having won a State title DeKaney is top tier.......

    So when Katy won the title in 1959.....were they still top tier say in the 1970's? Were they top tier when LaPorte beat them? Is LaPorte top tier?
    I think he was saying they are second tier because they haven't made it over the regional hump and aren't consistently a title contender. Katy wasn't tier one until they were consistently a contender past the regional level. I believe consistency is the large factor between tier 1 and second tier. Just my opinion.
    "When excellence becomes tradition, greatness has no limits."

  18. #98
    All-Universe smw358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LILBradford View Post
    I think he was saying they are second tier because they haven't made it over the regional hump and aren't consistently a title contender. Katy wasn't tier one until they were consistently a contender past the regional level. I believe consistency is the large factor between tier 1 and second tier. Just my opinion.
    I don't think being listed on the Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10 list has anything to do with being tier 1 or 2......it's a guess based on a hunch based on who knows what.......I guess this year KO made it ......Katy is on top.....how it ends up is anybody's guess.
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

  19. #99
    5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels (Katy Tigers)
    Posts
    19,928

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Fair enough........so just by the merit of having won a State title DeKaney is top tier.......

    I would say more people around the state know of Dekaney more so than Klein Oak when it pertains to football.

    So when Katy won the title in 1959.....were they still top tier say in the 1970's? Were they top tier when LaPorte beat them? Is LaPorte top tier?

    I would apply it to recent times so no I would not consider Katy winning state in 2A in 1959 something that would have made them top tier then or now. Yes, I would say Katy has had a recent record that puts them in the top tier which would include when LaPorte beat them. No on LaPorte.

    ..
    Last edited by Fleeman93; 05-01-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

    All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

    Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

  20. #100
    All-Universe Austin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    All over, Texas
    Posts
    5,277

    Default Re: Vype's PRE-SPRING GHA top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Going deeper in the playoff's than your team comes to mind.......don't be such a hater.........they have some great talent.......This years team is loaded with speed.......watch Trotter this year.......
    By deeper do you mean..... the same?

    How is it being a hater? I can be a hater, but I'm trying to bring facts to your arguments. So far all I've gotten is "But we beat Dekaney!" so? No one cares. Thats in season. The only games that count forever are the ones in the post season.

    Heres a fun fact: Klein Oak wen't 9-4 last year. They played 2 games vs R3 teams and proceeded to lose both. Cy Creek went 3-7 and NS went 8-4. They blew KO out by a combined 49-30. Yall got beaten by a Cypress team thats only other wins came from 0-10 and 1-9 teams. R2 power!


    Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    Also, KO plays in arguably the toughest and deepest district in the state. Remember they finished ahead of Dekaney who won the D2 state championship in a route. After dispatching highly touted Westlake (an Austin team), they had the misfortune of playing Skyline, probably man for man the most talented team in the state. We'll never know but I personally believe KO would have had a winning record against most of the state football semifinalists last season.
    Really? Prove it. Here's some fun info. Outside of your district stuff.

    Westlake wasn't highly touted. Who had they beaten to make them highly touted? They are an Austin team. The Austin area sucks in general.

    Klein Oak got plastered by 8-4 North Shore and a 3-7 Cy Springs. They also got lit up by Dallas Skyline by the 2nd largest margin of any other playoff opponent.

    KO preseason went 1-2.
    KC Preseason went 3-0!!!!! Vs teams that went a combined 7-23. Brutal.
    Dekaney went 3-0 vs teams that went 15-17.
    Spring went 1-2 (Win was a 1td win vs a 2-8 team).
    Tomball went 1-2 (win was vs a 1-9 team).
    Klein went 2-1 vs a murderers row of 12-17 teams.
    Westside went 3-0!!!!!! 13-5a 13-5a 13-5a!!!! (They did it against teams that went 16-19.)

    Total district record = 14-7

    Its really easy to say your the best when you play teams that have losing records.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •