Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Dumpster Fire

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Firebird's Avatar

Default Arkansas Dumpster Fire

Surprised no one has posted on this. Coach Petrino wrecks his motorcycle, has a press conference, tells everyone he is OK. Tells his boss and the world that he was spending the day at the lake with his family and riding alone.

In reality: Coach was cruising with a 25 year old blonde former volleyball player. He had just hired her to a 55k/year position with the football team a week or so ago. She's engaged to a staff member for the swim program. After the crash he declines to call 9/11, instead calls his state trooper buddy to pick him up, drop her off on her car, and take him to the ER like nothing happened. Now he is suspended while the AD takes a long look at the situation.

Does anyone see how this ends anywhere but with Petrino out, despite the winning? This wasn't just any random Arkie girl. He hired his mistress, and let's not forget that Arkie football is not a private company. All of those jobs are state jobs with incredibly strict hiring procedures and rules. Every single other woman in that office who gets passed up for a promotion or who applied for that job (if it was even posted) gets to go to court and say "everyone knew what you had to do around the AD to move up in the world."

They can't fire her...they can't let go of her fiance...without opening themselves up to a media firestorm and world of lawsuit hurt. And there's no way in hell either one of those two can stick around while Bobby P. is still working and in a position of power in the AD. The only way would be to give both of them a big payday on their way out the door as a "mutual" decision, but again, this is a state school. You can't just pay people off to keep their mouths shut with state money.

I don't see how this ends well for Bobby P.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Default Re: Arkansas Dumpster Fire

it couldn't happen to a more deserving individual, imo.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
    Why so much hatred?

Is it because he jumped schools a lot?

Shameful if that is your reason, you do realize your boi Dodge did that same exact thing with the high schools in this state but I am sure you dont hate him.
    This is where you post something no one else cares about.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer RocklandDragon's Avatar
    Where autumn weather is usually quite pleasant. Pefect for football

Arkyswine hired a good coach but whose word is as valuable as horsecrap on a summer day. Will Arky leave him a note on his front office door saying he's been terminated? The weasel deserves nothin more.

And your right Firebird. This isnt just about an affair. He deliberately tried to cover his tracks because he knew what trouble he had gotten himself into. Hiring your mistress? Really, Bobby? Lied to his boss and made the boss look like a fool on the national stag; after he took a risk hiring his cowardly a**:

They have good cause to fire Petrino and they should.
    My photo website:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocklanddragon/sets/

The return to glory for Lubbock High football.

The Mighty Westerners--Champs of Texas HS football. 1939, 1951, 1952.

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

March down the field to glory, the Ferocious Stony Point Tigers of Round Rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocklandDragon View Post
    Arkyswine hired a good coach but whose word is as valuable as horsecrap on a summer day. Will Arky leave him a note on his front office door saying he's been terminated? The weasel deserves nothin more.

And your right Firebird. This isnt just about an affair. He deliberately tried to cover his tracks because he knew what trouble he had gotten himself into. Hiring your mistress? Really, Bobby? Lied to his boss and made the boss look like a fool on the national stag; after he took a risk hiring his cowardly a**:

So, let me get this straight, the guy is a weasel because he has jumped ship from team to team, however, when a kid in high school does it, we are not to question it or when a man who plays college football does it, it is ok. Or, when people like Dodge, who have jumped ship at the first sign of more money do it, then it is acceptable. Petrino is a weasel but the others aren't? Okay. This makes a lot of sense.
    The fact that you call him a coward while giving others a pass is laughable. Who cares if he hired his mistress or anything else.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Firebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDB View Post
    So, let me get this straight, the guy is a weasel because he has jumped ship from team to team, however, when a kid in high school does it, we are not to question it or when a man who plays college football does it, it is ok. Or, when people like Dodge, who have jumped ship at the first sign of more money do it, then it is acceptable. Petrino is a weasel but the others aren't? Okay. This makes a lot of sense.
    The fact that you call him a coward while giving others a pass is laughable. Who cares if he hired his mistress or anything else.
    Yeah, it's illegal to use your position at a government institution to hand out favors to your sexual partners. And it opens up the entire AD to lawsuits from pretty much any woman who works there. So there's that tiny thing there.

Do we have pics of the 25 year old blonde former volleyball player? Just for...further investigation.
    Hunterbunter
    2008 FAIL CHALLENGE CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    Oh snap!
    Judson just got hunterbunted!
    i'll cheer for harlingen when they play the hitler high school fightin' bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterbunter View Post
    Do we have pics of the 25 year old blonde former volleyball player? Just for...further investigation.

Do you really believe the crap you just wrote?

Did Todd Dodge tuck tail and run at any time in SLC? No. He told his team he was leaving after many years of offers to move up to the collegiate level Aside from that, this isnt even about Todd Dodge or whatever grudge you have against SLC. This is about Petrino. Did Bobby Petrino try to make a run for Auburn while telling players and fans he was committed to Louisville? Yup. Few people held it against Petrino for going to the NFL but he is a chickenshit for leaving the Falcons with three games to play in his first season because he couldnt handle it. He couldnt even tell his players face to face that he was leaving. He ran to Arky like a coward leaving the team he was "committed" to a few weeks earlier, twisting in the wind. Pure definition of a coward and now he can add pure scumbag to the list for using his power to give his mistress a cushy job in the AD. My goodness, he knows her fiance is already working for the AD and he just didnt give a damn did he. Wasnt too concerned on how this could jepoardize people's livelihoods in the Athletic Department, including his own boss. When he got caught with his pants down, he tried to weasel out of it. You dont have to get it straight. It's not necessary because it's straightforward that Petrino's actions define him being a weasel and a scumbag.

The likes of Bobby Petrino and Todd Graham make me detest college football at times.
    My photo website:

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

March down the field to glory, the Ferocious Stony Point Tigers of Round Rock!!!

Do you really believe the crap you just wrote?

Did Todd Dodge tuck tail and run at any time in SLC? No. He told his team he was leaving after many years of offers to move up to the collegiate level Aside from that, this isnt even about Todd Dodge or whatever grudge you have against SLC. This is about Petrino. Did Bobby Petrino try to make a run for Auburn while telling players and fans he was committed to Louisville? Yup. Few people held it against Petrino for going to the NFL but he is a chickenshit for leaving the Falcons with three games to play in his first season because he couldnt handle it. He couldnt even tell his players face to face that he was leaving. He ran to Arky like a coward leaving the team he was "committed" to a few weeks earlier, twisting in the wind. Pure definition of a coward and now he can add pure scumbag to the list for using his power to give his mistress a cushy job in the AD. My goodness, he knows her fiance is already working for the AD and he just didnt give a damn did he. Wasnt too concerned on how this could jepoardize people's livelihoods in the Athletic Department, including his own boss. When he got caught with his pants down, he tried to weasel out of it. You dont have to get it straight. It's not necessary because it's straightforward that Petrino's actions define him being a weasel and a scumbag.

The likes of Bobby Petrino and Todd Graham make me detest college football at times.
    Please, kids do it all the time, coaches do it all the time. This isn't anything new for what coaches or others in this world do. It sounds like you detest Petrino because the guy is one of the best coaches in all of America.

I also assume you have a problem with colleges and schools who fire coaches after saying they are safe and will be there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Yeah, it's illegal to use your position at a government institution to hand out favors to your sexual partners. And it opens up the entire AD to lawsuits from pretty much any woman who works there. So there's that tiny thing there.
    Yeah, because guys in that position have never used their power to hire a son or child on their staff even if another person was more qualified. Let the suits begin for all now

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Please don't tell me I look as bad at 51 as Bobby. This stinks to high heaven and it kind of amazes me she fell for all this nonsense. I suspect he's gone, but it is Arky - home of Bill Clinton. Maybe it's the same trooper?
    Go Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    Please don't tell me I look as bad at 51 as Bobby. This stinks to high heaven and it kind of amazes me she fell for all this nonsense. I suspect he's gone, but it is Arky - home of Bill Clinton. Maybe it's the same trooper?

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

he's pulling some sweet young stuff. you think she'll hang when he's unemployed? what am i saying? az state will be looking to replace a d-bag soon.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Yeah, it's illegal to use your position at a government institution to hand out favors to your sexual partners.....
    Hey, it's only illegal if you get caught. Tough luck Petrino.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".
    -- Douglas Adams

Please, kids do it all the time, coaches do it all the time. This isn't anything new for what coaches or others in this world do. It sounds like you detest Petrino because the guy is one of the best coaches in all of America.

I also assume you have a problem with colleges and schools who fire coaches after saying they are safe and will be there for years.
    Riiiiiiiight. That must be it. I despise Petrino because he's a good football coach. I guess I hate Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Nick Saban, Mike Gundy because they are good coaches. Oh, snap! I must really hate the ones in the NFL because they are so good at coaching. Daamn that Tom Coughlin to hell then. Mike Tomlin makes me sick because he went to two Superbowls. Allow me to seethe at the photos of Gary Kubiak since he finally made the playoffs with the Texans. I just cant stand them all.

Here let's go alittle further. I cant stand winning coaches and I cant stand winning programs! Hate! Hate! Hate! To OU, LSU, Alabama, Texas, and the Ohio State's of the world. They must cheat. They break all the rules and their coaches are dirty as sin. SEC stands for Simple Everyday Cheating right?

You're earning your all-troll title today. Simple as this: There's no point in arguing with you about Petrino. I dont even know why you are rationalizing his behavior as everybody does it. Even if they did, which they dont, that doesnt make it better. As far as A.D. firing coaches after saying they be commited for years, well coaches know how to keep their jobs. Winning and not making your own school and boss look bad on the national stage. I dont like how our school gave a raw deal to Mike Leach. I hated how they got rid of our former head coach in basketball, James Dickey. No situation in coaching is entirely the same and in this case, Petrino messed up and had no regard on who he was hurting in the program. It's pretty clean cut and dry.
    My photo website:

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

It's always the cover up of the truth that takes folks down... That's what will doom him here...

i've been talking alot of ****, lately

i better stop blacking out at.... 1:11 p.m...

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
    Spot on!!!
    "The harder you TRAIN the smaller your OBSTACLES become"

Guy didn't just cheat on his wife and lie about an accident, he used school funds and his position to pay for his Ho..............talking about other people's money.......wow.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .