Klein vs Lufkin 27-21
    Klein vs CyRidge 24-14
    Klein vs South Garland 24-0
    Klein vs Tyler 31-7
    Klein vs Abilene 29-21
    Klein vs Lufkin 44-38
    Klein vs Leander 7-14
    Didn’t Make the Playoffs
    Cool so it looks like the records for NS and Klein are very similar over the last 5 years…14 playoff games for NS and 10 for Klein…State Semi finals in 2007 for NS and 2009 for Klein…what gives with all the love for NS and zero for Klein?
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"I’m not saying I’m batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

2012 Pick 'Em Champion; All-World LILBradford's Avatar

Default Re: LilBradfords GHA TOP 5

Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    Cool so it looks like the records for NS and Klein are very similar over the last 5 years…14 playoff games for NS and 10 for Klein…State Semi finals in 2007 for NS and 2009 for Klein…what gives with all the love for NS and zero for Klein?
    My guess is probably bc there are 3 years that Klein didn't make the playoffs. North Shore was on the radar bc of the 03 team and has made the playoffs every year since then and atleast to round 2. Klein Has only made it to the second round or past it twice. Klein is 6-5 since 2004. North Shore is 12-8.
    "When excellence becomes tradition, greatness has no limits."

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeJ View Post
    LaPorte is not a top 5 GHA team IMO. 1 game doesn't make a program. People forget that they were slaughtered the very next weekend.
    I agree. They were a good solid football team that played good team defense but had a terrible offense. There was a reason even most of the La Porte fans were thinking Katy would win that game. The following week La Porte gets mudholed by a team that got mudholed by a team that lost in the state final. Good solid team but nothing special.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

I'm not taking any sides.....just want you guys to break it down by year between NS and Klein and who you think had the better year.

2011: Klein 4-6 NS 8-4
    2010: Klein 8-4 NS 11-2
    2009: Klein 11-4 NS 8-4
    2008: Klein 4-5 NS 9-1
    2007: Klein 7-5 NS 14-1
    2006: Klein 7-4 NS 11-1
    2005: Klein 5-5 NS 11-1
    2004: Klein 4-6 NS 11-1
    2003: Klein 5-5 NS 15-0
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

North Shore should be a title contender every year. They have 8000 kids and a lot of those are great athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by LILBradford View Post
    My guess is probably bc there are 3 years that Klein didn't make the playoffs. North Shore was on the radar bc of the 03 team and has made the playoffs every year since then and atleast to round 2. Klein Has only made it to the second round or past it twice. Klein is 6-5 since 2004. North Shore is 12-8.
    For what it's worth, as a comparison, the last two years NS has comfortably beat Klein Oak by around two scores then Klein Oak went on to mudhole Klein later in the year. I know the ABC stuff doesn't always work but we are talking about comfortable wins and mudholes.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    I'm not taking any sides.....just want you guys to break it down by year between NS and Klein and who you think had the better year.

2011: Klein 4-6 NS 8-4
    2010: Klein 8-4 NS 11-2
    2009: Klein 11-4 NS 8-4
    2008: Klein 4-5 NS 9-1
    2007: Klein 7-5 NS 14-1
    2006: Klein 7-4 NS 11-1
    2005: Klein 5-5 NS 11-1
    2004: Klein 4-6 NS 11-1
    2003: Klein 5-5 NS 15-0
    It's a ridiculous argument.

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    the woodlands should be a title contender every year. They have 8000 kids and a lot of those are great athletes.
    I agree and I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    I agree and I fixed it for you.
    They don't have as many kids and are less athletic.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Woodlands's just as Athletic if not more than NS....signing day shows that.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Ok let's go this way, since 1990 what is the head to head record between your beloved College Pa....ER the woodlands and North Shore?

Ok let's go this way, since 1990 what is the head to head record between your beloved College Pa....ER the woodlands and North Shore?
    I have no idea. It's been a while since they last played.

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Woodlands's just as Athletic if not more than NS....signing day shows that.
    Straight up and down any roster, NS has the most athletes

I have no idea. It's been a while since they last played.
    2003 23-7
    2004 28-15
    2005 7-6
    2006 31-0
    2007 35-17

Care to guess which team is which?

2003 23-7
    2004 28-15
    2005 7-6
    2006 31-0
    2007 35-17

Care to guess which team is which?
    2007 and earlier? And the relevance to 2012 is...?

Whats the relevance of why other teams should be set higher than north shore?

To make that argument you have to include information from the past which you are saying is not relevant. My discription said North Shore was very young last year and they will be speedy. Nothing about the past in my discription.

Now I may be wrong about La Porte, I made that assumption because I could see the Katy defeat being a confidence booster for the young guys from last year. Almost everybody is back. But hey, this is just a rookies opinion...nothing more.

With all this talk about top 5 in the GHA, no one has yet to even ask the biggest question about the 2012 season.......

Pardon me sir, would you have any grey poupon?
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

Ran out :/ sorry Rod

Well you always talk about how good the woodlands is and now you are saying NS is always over rated. A strong history shows that the woodlands is North Shore's whippin girl. Do you have any proof or evidence to suggest it would be any different from 2008 to present?

Well you always talk about how good the woodlands is and now you are saying NS is always over rated. A strong history shows that the woodlands is North Shore's whippin girl. Do you have any proof or evidence to suggest it would be any different from 2008 to present?
    Never said the Woodlands was championship material. All I said was they were better than Katy from 2008-11. It just makes sense to assume they're also better than NS. After all, TWHS had lost 3 straight to Katy before they went to the spread and reversed those roles. They'd have done the same to NS.