Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Been a few days and still confused

  1. #1
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Been a few days and still confused

    http://nfl.si.com/2012/03/12/nfl-hit...sct=nfl_t11_a2

    Let me preface this by saying that, for Dallas, this ultimately means nothing. They were carrying a 12 million dollar cap credit from the previous year and with some restructuring will still have 20 million to sign players with.

    What I want to debate is how this is even possible? The league penalized both of these franchises for salaries paid in an uncapped year. They penalized them both while also stating that no violation occurred. They have openly stated that they had warned teams there would be penalties for front loading contract to clear future cap space. How is that not collusion exactly? Instructing teams how they can manage their money, pay their players in a manner that supercedes a CBA and openly admitting to it? Really?
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  2. #2
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  3. #3
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...cowboys-p.html

    Most ironic part of the story, for the Cowboys, is that the Miles Austin contract the league and this committee signed off on in 2010 is the one they now cite as primary reason for Dallas' penalty.
    Last edited by SLC93; 03-14-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  4. #4
    All-Universe Super B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rustic Woods - Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    5,107

    Cool Re: Been a few days and still confused

    I agree. It's hogwash.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

  5. #5
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Roger Goodell found the one way to unite Redskins and Cowboys fans.

    Seriously. I say Jerry and Danny team up and sue the **** out of the NFL.

    They should have filed for an immediate injunction to delay free agency.
    LLA


    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan


  6. #6
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    Roger Goodell found the one way to unite Redskins and Cowboys fans.

    Seriously. I say Jerry and Danny team up and sue the **** out of the NFL.

    They should have filed for an immediate injunction to delay free agency.
    it baffles me how open they are about the fact that they basically committed collusion. Another stunner is how it's now common knowledge that the league got the NFLPA to sign off on this and ignore their collusion via blackmail. The league said if you don't go with this we will activate a clause in the cba to lower the cap for this season, go with this and they'll be a very slight increase. The NFLPA took the bribe and turned a blind eye to the league warning teams not to overpay players in 2010. Wow.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  7. #7
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    it baffles me how open they are about the fact that they basically committed collusion. Another stunner is how it's now common knowledge that the league got the NFLPA to sign off on this and ignore their collusion via blackmail. The league said if you don't go with this we will activate a clause in the cba to lower the cap for this season, go with this and they'll be a very slight increase. The NFLPA took the bribe and turned a blind eye to the league warning teams not to overpay players in 2010. Wow.
    That and the league keeps reiterating that "no rules were broken".

    Uh....how can you punish someone for not breaking a rule? They *advised* them not to do anything.
    LLA


    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan


  8. #8
    Moderator Matthew 2000 Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    15,489

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I've never been so confused in my life.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

  9. #9
    All-Interweb Dawg Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Midland,Texas
    Posts
    15,371

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    I think the Boys and Skins should file a lawsuit. This is pure bs and everyone knows it.

  10. #10
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I think the Boys and Skins should file a lawsuit. This is pure bs and everyone knows it.
    Given the fact that this is Jones and Snyder we're discussing here, possibly the two most aggressive business men amongst the ownership group, I can't believe they've just rolled over here, especially Snyder. This move by the NFL is beyond shady.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  11. #11
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    Given the fact that this is Jones and Snyder we're discussing here, possibly the two most aggressive business men amongst the ownership group, I can't believe they've just rolled over here, especially Snyder. This move by the NFL is beyond shady.
    From what I understand Dallas is going to roll over and take it. And Snyder is considering his options.
    LLA


    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan


  12. #12
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    From what I understand Dallas is going to roll over and take it. And Snyder is considering his options.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ittle-recourse

    Good read
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  13. #13
    Moderator Matthew 2000 Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    15,489

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Hmm...as much as I can't stand Jerry, I have to stand behind him and Danny in this one. Penalizing a team when they didn't break the rules? Of all the revenue that the league makes, I wonder how much of it comes from the Cowboys and Redskins?

    Only one way to respond. Get atleast to the postseason, and win just a couple of games, maybe more.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

  14. #14
    Moderator Matthew 2000 Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    15,489

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    I'd love for the Boys and Skins to finish 1-2 in the NFC East, and both get to the playoffs.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

  15. #15
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    I can't confirm this but my brother (who is a radical die-hard compared to myself) said Snyder is going along with the nuclear option.
    LLA


    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan


  16. #16
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    I can't confirm this but my brother (who is a radical die-hard compared to myself) said Snyder is going along with the nuclear option.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-penalties.ece

    This sounds like confirmation and I say it's the right thing to do. The league made a serious error when they sanctioned this. Jones and Snyder may be the two, shrewdest businessmen in the league. I think they're going to lay waste to this decision. I also didn't realize that the head of the committee that rendered this decision was John Mara of the Giants. Think there's a conflict of interest there with the Giants head man being able to limit the cap of teams that play in his division? Wow.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

  17. #17
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-penalties.ece

    This sounds like confirmation and I say it's the right thing to do. The league made a serious error when they sanctioned this. Jones and Snyder may be the two, shrewdest businessmen in the league. I think they're going to lay waste to this decision. I also didn't realize that the head of the committee that rendered this decision was John Mara of the Giants. Think there's a conflict of interest there with the Giants head man being able to limit the cap of teams that play in his division? Wow.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. Even if he is "Co-Chair" it still smells bad.
    LLA


    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan


  18. #18
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    For whatever its worth:

    Two of those people said Monday they thought the Redskins were likely to file soon. The other said there had been discussions about the case being headed to arbitration. The Dallas Cowboys could join the Redskins in bringing the case before University of Pennsylvania law professor Stephen Burbank, the sport’s arbitrator, one person said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak
    LLA


    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan


  19. #19
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    17,974

    Default Re: Been a few days and still confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    The most crooked part of this deal, collusion aside, was that the league dropped it on these two teams the day before free agency opened leaving them nearly zero time to adjust their focus points.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •