Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Denton Guyer Wildcats! We're back and ready to kick some 4A butt

Default Re: Denton Guyer Wildcats! We're back and ready to kick some 4A a$$

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    would love to see the two of you square off. We play Guyer this year and I am looking forward to it. They are odds on favorites to win 4A coming out of 5A and this will be a great measuring stick for us. I know lots disagree, but the top 4A teams are just as good as the top 5A teams.
    They won't see each other until the semi-finals
    never give up without a fight

Looks like our district is pretty stacked though... DCTF has Rider reaching the state title game as well.

Anyway, read on to see what Guyer’s playoff road will look like, as it’s basically inevitable that the Wildcats will be the No. 1 seed out of District 5-4A in the Division I bracket.Looking at DCTF’s projection for 5-4A, it’s hard not to agree with them as Guyer and Byron Nelson would be the Division I representatives, with Guyer getting the No. 1 and Nelson the No. 2 seeds, matching them up with District 6-4A, which is the Saginaw-Fort Worth district, otherwise known as a joke. Guyer would most likely get Saginaw, which Guyer has dominated at both the 4A and 5A level. Can you say “cakewalk?”

The second round would get much tougher, and probably would be the toughest matchup for Guyer until the state semifinal. The Wildcats would be looking at either Aledo or Waco, both really solid programs. Let’s go with Aledo for the sake of prognostication. Aledo, like Guyer, is always going to be a good program but without Jonathan Gray and Matt Bishop, it’s going to be a drastically different squad. Aledo excels in the trenches but Guyer has the advantage in the skill department. Gray was a once-a-generation player, and now he’s gone after four stellar seasons. Give me Guyer.

The third round would take the Wildcats out west where they would likely face El Paso Chapin, 5A dropdown Amarillo or old nemesis Wolfforth Frenship. Let’s go with Amarillo. The Sandies should win 3-4A and along with Guyer are one of the biggest 4A schools in the state. Honestly, don’t know much about Amarillo except they’re apparently loaded at the skill positions but so is Guyer, and I’m willing to be Guyer is more loaded. Give me Guyer.

In the fourth round, you are once again looking at most likely an Aledo or Waco matchup, depending on how the bracket shakes out in those districts. See above.

Fifth round is where things get interesting and cross-hairs have to be squarely pointed on East Texas power Tyler John Tyler. Guyer’s 4A state title chances have previously been killed in East Texas by Longview before Guyer finally got their revenge on the Lobos in 2010 in the 5A semfinal. There’s an outside shot Guyer could get Highland Park here, who I think Guyer would smoke. John Tyler is a different story. They went to the semifinals a year ago behind QB Greg Ward, who put up 5,000 total yards and 54 touchdowns a year ago, enough to strike fear into anyone. He also has two great receivers in Fred Ross and Darion Flowers. John Tyler has state championship aspirations and at this point in the playoffs the games are toss-ups. Just for conversation’s sake, let’s give it to Guyer.

State championship game time. That means a matchup with Cedar Park. The Timberwolves are a 4A powerhouse but have had trouble just getting out of the regional final thanks to their continuous run-ins with district foe Lake Travis, the amazing five-time defending state champs. Now, Lake Travis is in Class 5A and the path for Cedar Park seems clear to a state title berth where Guyer would be waiting. That’s where the fun begins, folks.

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.co...ll-do-it.html/
    “There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal.” -F.A. Hayek

All-Galaxy Defense wins championship's Avatar

State championship game time. That means a matchup with Cedar Park. The Timberwolves are a 4A powerhouse but have had trouble just getting out of the regional final thanks to their continuous run-ins with district foe Lake Travis, the amazing five-time defending state champs. Now, Lake Travis is in Class 5A and the path for Cedar Park seems clear to a state title berth where Guyer would be waiting. That’s where the fun begins, folks.

I completely agree with this matchup in the finals...it would be a great game!
    A decade of excellence (2004-2013) ***125-14**

Anyway, read on to see what Guyer’s playoff road will look like, as it’s basically inevitable that the Wildcats will be the No. 1 seed out of District 5-4A in the Division I bracket.Looking at DCTF’s projection for 5-4A, it’s hard not to agree with them as Guyer and Byron Nelson would be the Division I representatives, with Guyer getting the No. 1 and Nelson the No. 2 seeds, matching them up with District 6-4A, which is the Saginaw-Fort Worth district, otherwise known as a joke. Guyer would most likely get Saginaw, which Guyer has dominated at both the 4A and 5A level. Can you say “cakewalk?”

The second round would get much tougher, and probably would be the toughest matchup for Guyer until the state semifinal. The Wildcats would be looking at either Aledo or Waco, both really solid programs. Let’s go with Aledo for the sake of prognostication. Aledo, like Guyer, is always going to be a good program but without Jonathan Gray and Matt Bishop, it’s going to be a drastically different squad. Aledo excels in the trenches but Guyer has the advantage in the skill department. Gray was a once-a-generation player, and now he’s gone after four stellar seasons. Give me Guyer.

The third round would take the Wildcats out west where they would likely face El Paso Chapin, 5A dropdown Amarillo or old nemesis Wolfforth Frenship. Let’s go with Amarillo. The Sandies should win 3-4A and along with Guyer are one of the biggest 4A schools in the state. Honestly, don’t know much about Amarillo except they’re apparently loaded at the skill positions but so is Guyer, and I’m willing to be Guyer is more loaded. Give me Guyer.

In the fourth round, you are once again looking at most likely an Aledo or Waco matchup, depending on how the bracket shakes out in those districts. See above.

Fifth round is where things get interesting and cross-hairs have to be squarely pointed on East Texas power Tyler John Tyler. Guyer’s 4A state title chances have previously been killed in East Texas by Longview before Guyer finally got their revenge on the Lobos in 2010 in the 5A semfinal. There’s an outside shot Guyer could get Highland Park here, who I think Guyer would smoke. John Tyler is a different story. They went to the semifinals a year ago behind QB Greg Ward, who put up 5,000 total yards and 54 touchdowns a year ago, enough to strike fear into anyone. He also has two great receivers in Fred Ross and Darion Flowers. John Tyler has state championship aspirations and at this point in the playoffs the games are toss-ups. Just for conversation’s sake, let’s give it to Guyer.

In cedar hill I saw JT vs guyer play in 7on7. Guyer's DBs could not keep with JT's WRs. They started going deep because they couldn't cover them. You better that your line can get into the back flied if not it's going to be a long night for guyer. You do not want to get into a track meet with JT you won't win.

Starter

Did you just compare 7 on 7 football to 11 man?? Walsh won't let the big play happen and they are powerful upfront....you ll have to throw to beat them and they will run the ball at will this year! Good Luck...see you in December 7 on guru!

Quote Originally Posted by metroball View Post
    Did you just compare 7 on 7 football to 11 man?? Walsh won't let the big play happen and they are powerful upfront....you ll have to throw to beat them and they will run the ball at will this year! Good Luck...see you in December 7 on guru!
    No I said the DBs couldn't over WRs, and I said I hope y'all good upfront. If not it going to be a long night.

Quote Originally Posted by cujoforlife View Post
    In cedar hill I saw JT vs guyer play in 7on7. Guyer's DBs could not keep with JT's WRs. They started going deep because they couldn't cover them. You better that your line can get into the back flied if not it's going to be a long night for guyer. You do not want to get into a track meet with JT you won't win.
    7 on 7 has no relevance toward 11 man football....

No I said the DBs couldn't over WRs, and I said I hope y'all good upfront. If not it going to be a long night.
    Guyer's strength under Walsh has always been the D-line. I am not concerned about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Guyer's strength under Walsh has always been the D-line. I am not concerned about this.
    ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh.
    PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND GO HIT SOMEBODY

New Years resolution for 2012...GET BANNED at least once!

This made me think a little about JT..so I decided to check out your potential offensive line. According to your website you are returning abuot 4 juniors on the O Line. The biggest beef LISTED is 6'1 and 230....not worried about our Defensive line. Of course who knows what you might bring up from JV or maybe a move in. But I have no doubt The Lions are a great team and it would be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaCat View Post
    ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh.
    “There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal.” -F.A. Hayek

All-American

This made me think a little about JT..so I decided to check out your potential offensive line. According to your website you are returning abuot 4 juniors on the O Line. The biggest beef LISTED is 6'1 and 230....not worried about our Defensive line. Of course who knows what you might bring up from JV or maybe a move in. But I have no doubt The Lions are a great team and it would be a tough game.
    JT had a somewhat undersized o-line last year. JT will be a good 20 plus pounds bigger this year on the o-line. We should average between 260 and 270 on the o-line this year. We return around 4 starters this year on the o-line as well. We also will have some good size back ups as well which will be all underclassmen.

Quote Originally Posted by johntylerfan View Post
    JT had a somewhat undersized o-line last year. JT will be a good 20 plus pounds bigger this year on the o-line. We should average between 260 and 270 on the o-line this year. We return around 4 starters this year on the o-line as well. We also will have some good size back ups as well which will be all underclassmen.
    How's your punter and special teams?
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Gosh, it didn't give you a headache or anything did it. You need to be more careful in the future.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".

-- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    Gosh, it didn't give you a headache or anything did it. You need to be more careful in the future.

It was difficult ...you know usually I just rely on my great looks

It was difficult ...you know usually I just rely on my great looks
    that, and $3 will buy you a Starbucks

that, and $3 will buy you a Starbucks
    Since I like the venti fancy frappacino crap I'm still saving money!!!

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    she is normally busy thinking about pineapple and other things, she is not a multi tasker

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    she is normally busy thinking about pineapple and other things, she is not a multi tasker
    I'm perfectly capable of multi tasking... If I feel like it