Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 District 13-5A Thread

Reserve

Default Re: 2012 District 13-5A Thread

FYI Just saw on Klein Collins web site that Collins will play Cy Woods on 9-1-2012 at the new Dynamo Stadium as part of the vype classic. Should be alot of fun for the boys.

Congratulations to Randy Bullock, KHS '08, TAMU '12, the newest Texans place kicker. Welcome home, Randy!!

On another note, saw Matt Davis, at the Maroon & White game today. Seems to be mired at #4 in the depth chart. Played behind 2d string OL and did not look good. Then again, I really don't think any of the QBs looked all that good (they look their primary receiver in). It's gonna be a long year for the Ags in the SEC.
    GO TIGERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperG View Post
    Congratulations to Randy Bullock, KHS '08, TAMU '12, the newest Texans place kicker. Welcome home, Randy!!

On another note, saw Matt Davis, at the Maroon & White game today. Seems to be mired at #4 in the depth chart. Played behind 2d string OL and did not look good. Then again, I really don't think any of the QBs looked all that good (they look their primary receiver in). It's gonna be a long year for the Ags in the SEC.
    Neat.....!
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

All-Galaxy

Congrats to ex-Cy-Creek Coach Danny Ramsey. I just got a note from him telling me he landed the Tomball Head Coaching job.

Coach Ramsey left Cy-Creek a couple years ago for 4A Waco High School and did a great job there. He is a really good and motivating coach that the kids like and respect.

Good luck to Coach Ramsey!

All-Galaxy

Isn't that what Tannehill did all last year? He was the master of staring down his intended target.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cfisdbacker View Post
    Isn't that what Tannehill did all last year? He was the master of staring down his intended target.
    Yes, but Tannehill isn't from 13-5A, so he doesn't matter on this thread.

Regarding Davis, though... I thought he was going to play DB for the Aggies.
    Last edited by StangBacker78; 05-19-2012 at 03:45 PM.

KC's scrimmage on May 24. Lots of questions to be answered. Will report. How about the rest of 13-5A reporting in?
    GO TIGERS!!

All-American

When are the other Spring Games?

Since FINALS are right after Memorial Day, I'm assuming games are being held next week?

Anybody attend any spring games?
    "This horse loves the slop. It's in his bloodlines. His father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder."

Quote Originally Posted by mudderwasamudder View Post
    Anybody attend any spring games?
    Mmmm, yep.

Klein Collins Varsity Navy – Gold Game 2012

Format: 10 minute continuous quarters, stopping only for time outs (1 per side/half) and injury time outs. Scoring: 6 points per TD, 3 points FG, 1 point PAT. No defensive scoring (except for turnover TDs). No punting or kickoffs. Each team starts a half at their 30 yard line. If a team decides to “punt” on 4th down, there is a net 30 yard change in field position. If a team goes for it on 4th down and fails to score or make a 1st down, the ball goes over where dead.

Score: Navy 21, Gold 21

NQB Blake Jackson (7) looked fairly sharp. Quick release, and quick starting when he decides to run. Several nice throws, though there was at least one possible TD when it looked like he and the receiver weren’t quite on the same page. GQB Jared Huber (12) had a much tougher time of it, in that his OL did not pass block very well. He was sacked several times and flushed out a number of others. When he did have time he made some good throws including a nice throw and catch by GWR Robert Diaz (11). NWR Jordan Thomas (2) started as a WR, can stretch the field and made a nice TD catch with the DB all over him. He did not see duty as a DB, and it will be interesting to see if he does double duty like last year. NRB Marcus Goodson (3) is still the primary back, though GRB Jeremy Fair looked like a good power back, before getting nicked with an ankle injury at the end of Q1 (end of his appearances). NRB Gabriel Czajkowski (25) and GRB Kameron Lethermon (22) did double duty, having played in the JV game; each looked good, but clearly both backups. Lethermon got more time and managed to have a couple of very nice runs.

NDBs were all new, and did a serviceable job. The NLBs lived in the Gold backfield and consistently broke up plays in the first half. NDL, I can’t really say much. Gold defense got better as the game continued, and at the very end, held Navy offense on two short and goal plays. In looking at the D, I think the pass defense still has a long way to go. These kids have a way to go yet, and game 1 is in BBV Compass (Dynamo) Stadium on Sept. 1. See you downtown, then.

OK, rest of 13-5A, Let's hear about your games!!
    GO TIGERS!!

Mmmm, yep.

Klein Collins Varsity Navy – Gold Game 2012

Format: 10 minute continuous quarters, stopping only for time outs (1 per side/half) and injury time outs. Scoring: 6 points per TD, 3 points FG, 1 point PAT. No defensive scoring (except for turnover TDs). No punting or kickoffs. Each team starts a half at their 30 yard line. If a team decides to “punt” on 4th down, there is a net 30 yard change in field position. If a team goes for it on 4th down and fails to score or make a 1st down, the ball goes over where dead.

Score: Navy 21, Gold 21

NQB Blake Jackson (7) looked fairly sharp. Quick release, and quick starting when he decides to run. Several nice throws, though there was at least one possible TD when it looked like he and the receiver weren’t quite on the same page. GQB Jared Huber (12) had a much tougher time of it, in that his OL did not pass block very well. He was sacked several times and flushed out a number of others. When he did have time he made some good throws including a nice throw and catch by GWR Robert Diaz (11). NWR Jordan Thomas (2) started as a WR, can stretch the field and made a nice TD catch with the DB all over him. He did not see duty as a DB, and it will be interesting to see if he does double duty like last year. NRB Marcus Goodson (3) is still the primary back, though GRB Jeremy Fair looked like a good power back, before getting nicked with an ankle injury at the end of Q1 (end of his appearances). NRB Gabriel Czajkowski (25) and GRB Kameron Lethermon (22) did double duty, having played in the JV game; each looked good, but clearly both backups. Lethermon got more time and managed to have a couple of very nice runs.

NDBs were all new, and did a serviceable job. The NLBs lived in the Gold backfield and consistently broke up plays in the first half. NDL, I can’t really say much. Gold defense got better as the game continued, and at the very end, held Navy offense on two short and goal plays. In looking at the D, I think the pass defense still has a long way to go. These kids have a way to go yet, and game 1 is in BBV Compass (Dynamo) Stadium on Sept. 1. See you downtown, then.

OK, rest of 13-5A, Let's hear about your games!!
    Thanks for the recap!! The Klein Spring game is tonight..I will try and post something tonight. But it may be tomorrow night, I have 7 on 7 at Cy Creek tomorrow morning.

How did Gabriel look running the ball? He is a good friend of my youngest son Big E ? He moved into KC territory back in Junior High..would have been nice to have him at klein.
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"I’m not saying I’m batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    Thanks for the recap!! The Klein Spring game is tonight..I will try and post something tonight. But it may be tomorrow night, I have 7 on 7 at Cy Creek tomorrow morning.

How did Gabriel look running the ball? He is a good friend of my youngest son Big E ? He moved into KC territory back in Junior High..would have been nice to have him at klein.
    He had a great game in the Navy -Gold JV game, going for two long Gold touchdowns. He also got a running touchdown in the red zone in the Varsity game. He just didn't get as many touches with Navy Varsity, Goodson getting most of them. I could see either he or Lethermon being on the Varsity squad as the third back.
    GO TIGERS!!

OK. smw, we know that KO had their Spring Game, and McQueen probably shined. So let's have the low down. And Rod, dish on the KHS game. You Atascosita and Humble guys don't know how its done.
    GO TIGERS!!

OK. smw, we know that KO had their Spring Game, and McQueen probably shined. So let's have the low down. And Rod, dish on the KHS game. You Atascosita and Humble guys don't know how its done.
    McQueen is graduating, not sure why everyone is thinking he is returning.
    "This horse loves the slop. It's in his bloodlines. His father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder."

Any district teams compete in the 7 on 7 tourney's? I have not seen anything about kingwood but understand they are going to throw the ball a little this year.

Wow Kingwood had more graduating seniors that Atascocita. Kingwood had 712 and Atascocita had 669. Does AHS still not have a full senior class despite being opened for 6 years or do they just have a horrible drop out rate?
    Kingwood High School
    31 State Championships
    5 Lone Star Cups

Quote Originally Posted by gstope View Post
    Any district teams compete in the 7 on 7 tourney's? I have not seen anything about kingwood but understand they are going to throw the ball a little this year.
    You mean that Kingwood is going to average more than 4.4 att/game this year? They certainly are going to have to as the defenses are better district-wide in 13-5A (No disrespect to Woodz or LP).
    GO TIGERS!!

Poor Oak........Poor Oak.........we will get last place for sure.........
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

Reserve

Nothing to do with above but I just heard this news. Seth Scott # 42 DE for klein collins tore his acl in the spring game. He will be a senior year and has started on varsity since he was a soph. If this is true his senior year of high scool football is done. I would say pray for him. I know if it was me I would be upset. Not sure of any offers but if he does not sure how this will effect it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger2518 View Post
    Nothing to do with above but I just heard this news. Seth Scott # 42 DE for klein collins tore his acl in the spring game. He will be a senior year and has started on varsity since he was a soph. If this is true his senior year of high scool football is done. I would say pray for him. I know if it was me I would be upset. Not sure of any offers but if he does not sure how this will effect it all.
    Thats absolutely terrible to hear. Hopefully its a partial and he might be able to make a comeback. If he had a scholarship offer he might be able to retain it if the school has a very real interest in him in particular as opposed to just a positional need.

A potential 3 year starter on the DL at Collins is a pretty big get for most schools.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.