Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 District 13-5A Thread

All-American

Default 2012 District 13-5A Thread

Welcome in, Kingwood and Atascosita. Glad to have you.

I hope you enjoy the accommodations. We are good neighbors, while being ardent rivals.

KISD and SISD have been reunited for the last 6 years, so we won't bother with the formality of introductions. Let's get down to business (especially since Kingwood remembers getting to play Spring and Westfield from 2004-2006).

Signing day has passed and the dust is clearing on the new LSWC. I'm predicting multiple state titles coming out of this district between all sports.

So, what's the story- any smack-talk, college commits, early predictions on the season?

Default Re: 2012 District 13-5A Thread

Welcome Atascocita Eagles and Kingwood Mustangs. Makes for a crowded house if you ask me. No slight to you guys but it would seem that 14-5A got tougher with the addition of A&M Consol (and their crappy stadium) and Bryan. Get ready for some challenges each week. It will make last year seem like a walk through the park. But that's how we play in 13-5A

My only question is, you guys got a water tower with your name on it (even if you have to share it with those insufferable cross-district rivals)?
    GO TIGERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperG View Post
    My only question is, you guys got a water tower with your name on it (even if you have to share it with those insufferable cross-district rivals)?
    Kingwood has one at the high school if that counts. Kingwood resident "mostly" only care about the town itself if that and leave the high school support to the parents and students.
    Kingwood High School
    31 State Championships
    5 Lone Star Cups

Quote Originally Posted by ganderif View Post
    Kingwood has one at the high school if that counts. Kingwood resident "mostly" only care about the town itself if that and leave the high school support to the parents and students.
    Sorry, doesn't count if it only refers to general area. KHS's says Klein Bearkats on it, KF's has Golden Eagles on it, and KO and KC share one with the school names on it.

Just looked at realignment numbers. Kingwood is now the smallest school in district,with KO still the largest at 4100+.
    GO TIGERS!!

Starter

A more honest and true statement has never been spoken. KHS has some great athletic teams however as Ganderif said most of the support is from the KHS students/parents. It's actually kind of sad, that the community doesnt rally behind the teams more. Excited to see all of the new match up's in 13-5A.

All-American

Even Westfield has a water-tower (and I'm pretty sure SHS does, as well).

I have a lot of guesses as to why KWood residents don't rally behind the school, but there are enough people in in the Kingwood community that there is sufficient interior support. Yes, it was stronger before Atascosita and K-P were built, but Kingwood is still Kingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by StangBacker78 View Post
    Even Westfield has a water-tower (and I'm pretty sure SHS does, as well).

I have a lot of guesses as to why KWood residents don't rally behind the school, but there are enough people in in the Kingwood community that there is sufficient interior support. Yes, it was stronger before Atascosita and K-P were built, but Kingwood is still Kingwood.
    Well we used to have about 3000 students before KPark. Where KPark is now was the 9th grade campus. The reason they made that school is because KHS was getting way overcrowded(lots of portables)with 3100 or something, had no where to expand around it, and land to build elsewhere in kingwood is way too expensive. K Park just happens to be where the cheap land is(Montgomery County).
    Kingwood High School
    31 State Championships
    5 Lone Star Cups

Well we used to have about 3000 students before KPark. Where KPark is now was the 9th grade campus. The reason they made that school is because KHS was getting way overcrowded(lots of portables)with 3100 or something, had no where to expand around it, and land to build elsewhere in kingwood is way too expensive. K Park just happens to be where the cheap land is(Montgomery County).
    Kingwood needs to play Kingwood Park every year in every sport. Should be a great rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Kingwood needs to play Kingwood Park every year in every sport. Should be a great rivalry
    I know, try telling that to the coaches.
    Kingwood High School
    31 State Championships
    5 Lone Star Cups

Starter

I know, try telling that to the coaches.
    I think the KHS coaches see it as a no win situation.
    • They play KP and beat them, wow impressive the bigger school beat the 4a school no moral victory
    • They play KP and lose, holy crap how did you lose to KP they are 4A? Heads would roll and jobs would be lost. (translation, no way they are going to risk that)
    • I think playing between the two schools could lead to alot of taunting/fighting between the campuses.
    On a personal note I say let em play! Season opener every year KHS vs KP, Turner would be standing room only and the winner gets Kingwood bragging rights for the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGDAD20 View Post
    I think the KHS coaches see it as a no win situation.
    • They play KP and beat them, wow impressive the bigger school beat the 4a school no moral victory
    • They play KP and lose, holy crap how did you lose to KP they are 4A? Heads would roll and jobs would be lost. (translation, no way they are going to risk that)
    • I think playing between the two schools could lead to alot of taunting/fighting between the campuses.
    On a personal note I say let em play! Season opener every year KHS vs KP, Turner would be standing room only and the winner gets Kingwood bragging rights for the entire season.
    When Klein Oak was 4A they played Klein and beat them…not a good time for anyone involved... absolutely no love lost between us...
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"Iím not saying Iím batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperG View Post
    Welcome Atascocita Eagles and Kingwood Mustangs. Makes for a crowded house if you ask me. No slight to you guys but it would seem that 14-5A got tougher with the addition of A&M Consol (and their crappy stadium) and Bryan. Get ready for some challenges each week. It will make last year seem like a walk through the park. But that's how we play in 13-5A

Blahh. They had challenges each week in 14-5A. The Woodz and Pack were the only ones that didn't get challenged every week.

Aye 13-5A, yall streak over my Pack ends this year. Mark it down RJ!
    LSU
    LUFKIN PANTHERS

2001 5A DIVISION II State Champs

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by LPack007 View Post
    Dont you say that every year?
    Kingwood High School
    31 State Championships
    5 Lone Star Cups

Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    When Klein Oak was 4A they played Klein and beat themÖnot a good time for anyone involved... absolutely no love lost between us...
    Come on RJ.......you like the drum noise in your ears........since Oak has been beating y'all like a drum lately................
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

Blahh. They had challenges each week in 14-5A. The Woodz and Pack were the only ones that didn't get challenged every week.

Hey......you are going to fit in just right in 13-5A..........you smell the bs early.........
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

now that is what Im talkin bout!!!
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"Iím not saying Iím batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

Yea, but that's past the point though, it's a new year . You don't have to worry about that anyway. It's not like Kingwood will be in the playoffs this year..
    LSU
    LUFKIN PANTHERS

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    now that is what Im talkin bout!!!
    Good luck to your boys this year!
    LSU
    LUFKIN PANTHERS

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Yea, but that's past the point though, it's a new year . You don't have to worry about that anyway. It's not like Kingwood will be in the playoffs this year..
    No, but we're going to 2-0 into district!
    Kingwood High School
    31 State Championships
    5 Lone Star Cups

No, but we're going to 2-0 into district!
    But it's all about whether you finiish in the top four in district. This year KC finished 8-2, and was tied for second in district - and it was Dekaney, who KC tied with that won state in Div. 2!! Welcome to district counts!!
    GO TIGERS!!