Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Katy vs The Woodlands 2012 is on!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

Default Re: Katy vs The Woodlands 2012 is on!

Quote Originally Posted by twhfan#1 View Post
    Good new for the Katy people -- If you havent been in Woodlands area since your last game here -- the I45 exits have changed ( for the better ) --now if coming from south - there is an exit now for 242 right at Portofino shopping center -- now do not have to go thru Research Forest intersection ( just have to get over pretty quick --especially if u want to eat at one of the many resturants in Portofino )
    Praise be to the football gods!!!!!!!
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

Good new for the Katy people -- If you havent been in Woodlands area since your last game here -- the I45 exits have changed ( for the better ) --now if coming from south - there is an exit now for 242 right at Portofino shopping center -- now do not have to go thru Research Forest intersection ( just have to get over pretty quick --especially if u want to eat at one of the many resturants in Portofino )
    Is getting out of the stadium any easier, that was the worst part of the last trip.
    "Every Day Every Play" Coach J I

"No game was ever won on the message boards" Coach J II

"Do what I do pre-game and go suit up in one of those Hutch football unis. Then, go out and sting block random strangers. Be sure and roll through 'em." -KT2000 - on ways to cope with off-season

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Is getting out of the stadium any easier, that was the worst part of the last trip.
    When it comes to parking I will be a hard core woodlands fan and park on their side.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    No physical changes to the outbound roads -- BUT --there are less traffic cops making u turn where u dont want to and traffic seems to flow out a lot better ---I went to at least 12 games there last year . Depending on game situation I would watch the last minute or 2 from the fence near the end zone and haul out at the buzzer --didnt have any problems getting out. As a hint --usually better to turn right out of stadium & head north on access rd to Hwy 242 --do a U under fwy & hop on 45 south bound --- about 2miles total further but usually a lot faster than trying to get out thru the Research intersection ( can usually do 45mph on access rd compared to dead stopped at intersection )

No physical changes to the outbound roads -- BUT --there are less traffic cops making u turn where u dont want to and traffic seems to flow out a lot better ---I went to at least 12 games there last year . Depending on game situation I would watch the last minute or 2 from the fence near the end zone and haul out at the buzzer --didnt have any problems getting out. As a hint --usually better to turn right out of stadium & head north on access rd to Hwy 242 --do a U under fwy & hop on 45 south bound --- about 2miles total further but usually a lot faster than trying to get out thru the Research intersection ( can usually do 45mph on access rd compared to dead stopped at intersection )
    Thanks
    "Every Day Every Play" Coach J I

"No game was ever won on the message boards" Coach J II

"Do what I do pre-game and go suit up in one of those Hutch football unis. Then, go out and sting block random strangers. Be sure and roll through 'em." -KT2000 - on ways to cope with off-season

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by prof1065 View Post
    Apologies to the thread, I see I've repeated myself. Left the country for an extended period of time, and came back and read those comments about wishing injuries on 17 year old kids and it made me a little crazy!
    Enjoyed rereading the thread tho.....guess we will see how things go.
    We're used to you repeating yourself. We just make allowances. I am relieved that it was only a comment about me and not another attack on everything else Highlander.

All-World

I thought you had to have a secret password to get the secret exit strategy.

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Corsifan View Post
    I thought you had to have a secret password to get the secret exit strategy.
    Normally that is true --- but I made a secret deal with the Katy people ( they are spotting TWH 10 pts ---and I am sure they will deliver on their end of the deal )

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer rwilleby's Avatar

Wasn't the leaving easy the last time we played there?
    Katy Tigers: SEVEN TIME State Champs, we never play anybody...

2012 Pick 'Em Champion; All-World LILBradford's Avatar

Talked to some guys yesterday...they predict a Katy loss to TWHS. Guess we're screwed.
    "When excellence becomes tradition, greatness has no limits."

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LILBradford View Post
    Talked to some guys yesterday...they predict a Katy loss to TWHS. Guess we're screwed.
    Goal is state...not an undefeated season... the last two times Katy lost to the Woodlands...they played for a title.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Goal is state...not an undefeated season... the last two times Katy lost to the Woodlands...they played for a title.
    Oh I know. I just still would like to see a hard fought game that prepares them mentally early on. Another game like 2009 would be fine by me. Just a close game.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LILBradford View Post
    Oh I know. I just still would like to see a hard fought game that prepares them mentally early on. Another game like 2009 would be fine by me. Just a close game.
    I think it will be a close game...I don't see a repeat of 08....both of these teams are Solid. The Woodlands are more Solid than most think, Katy is more solid than their fans think....especially if both teams are healthy and no key injuries.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

I think it will be a close game...I don't see a repeat of 08....both of these teams are Solid. The Woodlands are more Solid than most think, Katy is more solid than their fans think....especially if both teams are healthy and no key injuries.
    I haven't been to a woodlands game since 07 so I pumped. We will need to be on our A game. Hopefully our pass defense shows up.

katy 31 the woodz 10

Quote Originally Posted by xray10 View Post
    katy 31 the woodz 10
    I could be wrong but my gut says it's going to be much closer ray. What makes you think otherwise.

Not really true. Losses to teams in the other bracket do not sit too well with katy fans even with a state win.

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Not really true. Losses to teams in the other bracket do not sit too well with katy fans even with a state win.
    You should be more careful when you say Katy fans because not all of us are included in the category that supposedly looks down on a loss even with a state championship victory. I certainly don't. All my friends that got their arses Kicked against TWHS in 08 have a state ring. TWHS doesn't. That's reason enough to be more than satisfied with some losses that don't matter. And I don't know one Katy fan that would rather see Katy not lose a game and lose state vs lose 2-3 games and win it. Please point that specific fan out or the group of us. Like i said I'm not included in that category you named. The 08 Tigers are my favorite for a reason.

I could be wrong but my gut says it's going to be much closer ray. What makes you think otherwise.

katy has taylor, anderson, dimon, atwood, brown, blomstrom, strickler, berry, fulk,
    lister, sowell, lopez, englett, huddleston, spiller, diehr, gessler and bickham
    and the woodland's don't....

31-10 katy and the game won't be that close....
    Last edited by xray10; 07-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.

All-World

I echo the sentiment that TWHS is not as bad this year as some may think they will be. Already they do have 3 D1 verbal commits. Two on the o-line to Colorado and Jayme Taylor selected the big ten's Northwestern over three or four other offers, including WF and Cal. The new speedster soph behind two massive D1 commits with a D1 receiver could make this game interesting. TWHS has many holes to fill this season. But there are a few bright spots. TWHS D will be the big question. I am very anxious to see how they will fare against Skyline on Sept 1.