Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: *** 2012 24-5A Official District Thread ***

Scout Teamer

Default Re: *** 2012 24-5A Official District Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by Gator4ever View Post
    The blood in the water may be true but hope it ain't them swamp people coming after my Gators.

I'm going to the Lake and Springs game cause I can smell the bait that's been roasting in the sun this summer.
    The Gators have had the talent for the last few years but no real game plan (my opinion of course). The freshmen A and B teams ran a different style offense, and the JV was different from the Varsity. With a more uniform style of coaching, I think the Gators will make a solid run at District.

PS love the band!

Scout Teamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lake4ever View Post
    im just making an inference, Chargermom can you post those articles?
    Using statistical inference, David Carr has a Super Bowl Ring; Warren Moon does not have a Super Bowl Ring; therefore Carr is a better QB than Moon.

BTW Google is faster than the 5a board for getting web pages.

Reserve

Last edited by Lake4ever; 07-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Scout Teamer

Good luck to Lake football. I look forward to seeing their improvement. Having Coach Smith the whole off season will help.
    Last edited by GoSprings; 07-19-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Commented on a post that has been removed

Hello "GoSprings" and everyone,

Yea we have a young team for sure and will probably have a soph QB for half or all the season.

Seems we have a lot of new players who played basketball and other sports etc...... We should have an above average backfield.

Not sure about the lines on offense and defense but I'm sure they will be okay.

Our big thing is to have "football" discipline unlike the last three years or so. Plays would break down on false starts or motion calls. So many times we had 2nd or 3rd and one and we lost yards or gained no yards and when we did get that yard or two it was hard.

I feel as many feel in Dickinson that Discipline is being installed now and if we have talent we should do very well.

Reserve

Even though I've been bashing Cripps a lot i still believe Springs will win our district

All-State

Smile Re: *** 2012 24-5A Official District Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by Lake4ever View Post
    Even though I've been bashing Cripps a lot i still believe Springs will win our district
    Well just remember these are still kids. & they are just playing a game they love. We support all our district but have to go for my chargers when they are playing. We have many friends at Lake, Creek & Falls. Cripps & Blakmor played on same aau basketball team for few years. Cripps, Hoza Scott from laporte & Aaron Sharp from summercreek all played on another aau basketball team together for few years. We all cheer each on unless playing each other. No point in bashing.

Scout Teamer

Took my son to the UofH camp sunday, over 500 players showed up! It was our first time at this camp but I was impressed with how smooth they kept everything going with such a huge turnout. The coaches with the O-line kids were very good about helping out the younger kids who really needed the coaching instead of just loving on the possible recruits, this was not the same at the only other camp he went to. All the players were working hard and if they are any indication we are in for some damn good football this season.

All-State

It's been kinda quiet around here without our Pearland "buds".

Hopefully, we can get some other 24-5a fans on the board. Otherwise, it will be Springs, Dickinson, Brazoswood talking to ourselves.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSpringsFan View Post
    It's been kinda quiet around here without our Pearland "buds".

Hopefully, we can get some other 24-5a fans on the board. Otherwise, it will be Springs, Dickinson, Brazoswood talking to ourselves.

I know.... practice starts next week. I know all the boys that have been staying at my house the past few weeks off & on, are pumped & ready to go. Cant wait....Lets go Charger Nation

All-State

One more day!!!!! Finally football time is here!!!!

All-State

Unofficial, unscientific, preseason predictions.

1. Clear Springs
    2. Dickinson
    3. Brazoswood
    4. Clear Lake
    5. Clear Creek
    6. Clear Brook
    7. Clear Falls

This forecast isn't worth squat before the first snap of the first district game.

I have yet to see if Springs brings their A-game to the playing field, but they definately have coaching and momentum.

I think that Dickinson is underrated by Galveston Daily News. New coaches have talented squad to work with.

Brazoswood - Always brings a good game.

I am washed on Creek and Lake. Lake was building up momentum last season, so I gave them the fourth playoff nod.

With the exception of Dickinson last year, Creek has trouble maintaining momentum in second half. (They lost player talent to Clear Falls.)

Clear Brook - Needs to earn respect. While no-one should look past them, I don't suspect that many people say, "Oh !!! We're playing Brook!".

Clear Falls - New, inexperienced team. I would love to see them prove to be contenders.

All-American

Audio preview of the Chargers. Some airtime for Zach Cripps, Byron Jones and Coach Hartman.

http://news92fm.com/273202/road-to-s...season-listen/

Quote Originally Posted by rhboiler View Post
    Audio preview of the Chargers. Some airtime for Zach Cripps, Byron Jones and Coach Hartman.

http://news92fm.com/273202/road-to-s...season-listen/
    Thanks rhboiler! Nice interviews. We love our Chargers

All of Seabrook Intermediate went to Lake before Falls opened. Over the last several years the Seabrook football program has been good. I think Lake lost more talent to Falls than Creek. Springs lost over half of Victory Lakes kids to Creek. I don't think Creek lost more talent than other schools in CCISD due to redistricting.

Not only has the Springs varisty team "bought in" but so has the community. 113 freshman players this year and the numbers in Springs feeder schools and little league ranks are growing as well. Only getting stronger.
    Clear Springs Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSpringsFan View Post
    Unofficial, unscientific, preseason predictions.

1. Clear Springs
    2. Dickinson
    3. Brazoswood
    4. Clear Lake
    5. Clear Creek
    6. Clear Brook
    7. Clear Falls

This forecast isn't worth squat before the first snap of the first district game.

I think that Dickinson is underrated by Galveston Daily News. New coaches have talented squad to work with.

Brazoswood - Always brings a good game.
    Personally, agree with all of this. Except, I'd have Creek in the last PO spot. Dickinson should be a tough out this year. Always talented, good new coaching, good new backing for new coaching. (No slam against previous coaching or admins intended.)
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by 1moreX View Post
    Not only has the Springs varisty team "bought in" but so has the community. 113 freshman players this year and the numbers in Springs feeder schools and little league ranks are growing as well. Only getting stronger.
    Yes sir! And that's all thanks to the program Coach Hartman runs.

Its that time again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPG4TsDYenU

Go Chargers!!!
    Clear Springs Chargers

All-World

Hello to all my 24-5A compadres'. Did anyone make the Charger - Oiler varsity scrimmage? I was at the Freshman game, but had a prior commitment and missed all the following games.

Freshmen, both A and B sides, started out tight. Both teams seemed to have problems moving the ball at times, with CSprings doing a lot of passing on both A and B teams. On what I believe was the A teams side (home field stands, playing on the left), PLand had 3 picks that probably would have been pick-6 in a normal game. CSprings QB needs some more seat time back there. Kid seemed accurate, but receivers dropped more than a few that should have been caught. CSprings O was making some holes up the middle, but second level blocking was nonexistent. When the RB did slip through, he was gone with a nice 8 to 15yrd gain. PLand was working the corners pretty good, stretching the field on offense. CSprings held tough for a while, but PLand kept pounding and broke for some nice gains. On pure touchdowns, and I stand to be corrected on this count, I had PLand 4, CSprings 2 on A side.

B Team was much the same. CSprings seemed small compared to the PLand B's. Surprisingly, both B team CSprings QB's had nice passing gains. I don't think they ever put it into the end zone, but each only had 1 pick. Considering they threw about 60% to 70% of all plays, that is something to build on. Was a little surprised by CSprings lack of speed on the B side. Maybe it was just me. Pure TD's, and again I stand to be corrected, PLand 2, CSprings 1.

I saw positives and negatives for both sides. Only injury I saw was a PLand player with what looked like a twisted anckle, I did not see any CSprings players go down. If anyone did, I hope it wasn't serious. I think both teams need to gain some intensity. Several players for each team looked good, but both seemed to be kind of shell shocked at times. Overall a good scrimmage for evaluating where the teams are.

Jim

P.S. If anyone has any comments on the game, please jump in .