Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 6-5A thread

Default Re: Official 2012 6-5A thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I want a sarcasm hat.
    Here you go....

This posting represents the official view of the voices in my head.

Cool Re: Mass Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by DPaul View Post
    Is it sandbagging when you graduate everybody and will be starting a bunch of jrs and sophs and have a QB who runs like Tim Tebow and throws like him too? You said it yourself you would just assume try someone else. Any 2012 saviors in mind?
    Well, if you are being serious. The defense is still gonna be the best BY FAR in the district. The OL (blocking) will be just as good or better than last year. I doubt Bell beats Trinity.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbacker View Post
    Here you go....

Sweet. Now I just need a sarcasm detector...

Cool Re: Mass Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by stinger View Post
    Sandbagging and whining have got to the dogs. It no longer is funny. Some simple, honest team support would be nice once in awhile. I agree that e are returning some fine talent with loads of experience. If they use he QB that was so good on the JV, then a new game plan may make a difference. The backs I have heard about are plenty good enough, we have done well with less. Sometimes the sandbagging and whining are the same. Let's get back to being Trinity fans. Who cares if we talk about he new upcoming talent. Good grief, as if it isn't already out there.
    +1

The sandbagging can be a funny bit in a game post against a really good team. Like any other form of humor, the delivery and frequency is very important. If the sandbagging is accompanied by obvious sarcasm, it's OK. However sometime it gets to the point where Trinity's own fans can't talk to each other because of the sandbagging.

Let's not be ridiculous about it. If you wanna say Heritage will beat Trinity, okay. If you wanna say Bell will give us a fight, that's cool too. If you wanna say Trinity might sneak into the playoffs in this bad district, that is ridiculous and taking it too far.
    Super B
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Default Re: Mass Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    +1

The sandbagging can be a funny bit in a game post against a really good team. Like any other form of humor, the delivery and frequency is very important. If the sandbagging is accompanied by obvious sarcasm, it's OK. However sometime it gets to the point where Trinity's own fans can't talk to each other because of the sandbagging.

Let's not be ridiculous about it. If you wanna say Heritage will beat Trinity, okay. If you wanna say Bell will give us a fight, that's cool too. If you wanna say Trinity might sneak into the playoffs in this bad district, that is ridiculous and taking it too far.
    Agreed. It's certainly reasonable to think Trinity will not be the monster they were in 2010-11. But, given the district, it's not reasonable to think they'll do worse than 7-3.

If Trinity does manage to miss the playoffs, I will admit that you all were correct and buy each of you a steak dinner.

Well I'll be the first to say I just don't take things so seriously. Do I honestly feel good about our team this year? Yes I do, I know we don't rebuild we reload as evidence of our jv teams' success. I do prefer the underdog role by nature and if ur a fan of ET like we are then we are never the underdog. We're the big dogs no matter how much I might tend to try to deflect some attention away. If it truly bothers some people then my apologies but like I said, I just don't take things so serious..... I guess that's why I look so young.

Well I'll be the first to say I just don't take things so seriously. Do I honestly feel good about our team this year? Yes I do, I know we don't rebuild we reload as evidence of our jv teams' success. I do prefer the underdog role by nature and if ur a fan of ET like we are then we are never the underdog. We're the big dogs no matter how much I might tend to try to deflect some attention away. If it truly bothers some people then my apologies but like I said, I just don't take things so serious..... I guess that's why I look so young.
    Oh yeah, from the coach's perspective I can definitely understand wanting to play the underdog role.

Now I get it. You guys talk down your team to give Lineweaver bulletin board material.

Come on now, where's the in depth analysis? Who are the JV players that will make an impact? Who's the next Kimpella? Who's the next #19? (some of you will remember my comments about him)
    offering nothing in excess.

Cool Re: Official 2012 6-5A thread

Quote Originally Posted by blueraider10 View Post
    I believe the Trojans will be better this upcoming season. I also think the kid that played QB this season is a gamer. Things will be fine east of Forrest Ridge.

Now the little raiders on the other hand are going to have their challenges. First, I have not seen anyone who will give them the play Ramano provided at QB. They will be solid on the line, but they will have to have somebody step up at RB. I like what Leonard brings to the offense, but somebody has to run it. Defensively, I think the little raiders will be better, but if they have to be on the field for the majority of the time, I don't see much hope.
    Given the weak district. The steady progression over the last few years. Another season With the new coaching staff. I'm pretty confident Bell will be a playoff team and pretty confident in a third place finish. I know the loss of Romano hurts, but the remainder of the team looks pretty solid.
    Super B

Given the weak district. The steady progression over the last few years. Another season With the new coaching staff. I'm pretty confident Bell will be a playoff team and pretty confident in a third place finish. I know the loss of Romano hurts, but the remainder of the team looks pretty solid.
    Agree, Super B, as I usually do.

The thing is, there are times I want to get other people's honest opinion. I want to know what other Trinity fans think about the upcoming game or season in general. I like the balance between being a homer and being a sandbagger. Objectivity.

My objective opinion.

Mostly depends on the QB spot. If we find an adequate QB that can complete a fairly decent % of passes, then Trinity will be OK. Let's assume that is the case for a moment. Then a Trinity will have a very competitive game against Skyline and probably lose. Union game should be fairly convincing win. Heritage will be very close and could go either way. Bell will be a win going away.

If we get same kind of QB play as last season. Skyline will be a blowout loss. Union will be close and a probable loss. Heritage will be a loss. Bell will prolly be a loss.

All other games will be wins no matter what depending on who we play in the 3rd non-district game.
    Super B

Quote Originally Posted by blueraider10 View Post
    I believe the Trojans will be better this upcoming season. I also think the kid that played QB this season is a gamer. Things will be fine east of Forrest Ridge.

Now the little raiders on the other hand are going to have their challenges. First, I have not seen anyone who will give them the play Ramano provided at QB. They will be solid on the line, but they will have to have somebody step up at RB. I like what Leonard brings to the offense, but somebody has to run it. Defensively, I think the little raiders will be better, but if they have to be on the field for the majority of the time, I don't see much hope.
    Based on what I read, Bell's RB returns as does 6 of their front 7 on Defense.

Trinity's DL should be salty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    Come on now, where's the in depth analysis? Who are the JV players that will make an impact? Who's the next Kimpella? Who's the next #19? (some of you will remember my comments about him)
    1. Doesn't matter who the JV players are. They are all awesome and there will be no drop off this year.

2. Kimpella? Oh, please. We have multiple guys who are going to be amazing.

3. Next #19. We are depending on you to let us know. After all, you were the one who predicted his greatess three years ago.
    This posting represents the official view of the voices in my head.

+1

Let's not be ridiculous about it. If you wanna say Heritage will beat Trinity, okay. If you wanna say Bell will give us a fight, that's cool too. If you wanna say Trinity might sneak into the playoffs in this bad district, that is ridiculous and taking it too far

I agree, but sandbagging may have run it's course as a matter of being funny. When we started the sandbagging thing it had a dual purpose.

1) Pseudo Sandbagging - It's like stretching the truth to keep our team out of the limelight or from being the overwhelming favorite no matter who the opponet might be. When a team is annointed the best, it put a lot of extra pressure on the team as a whole to live up to being the best team since slided bread.

2) Sarcastic Sandbagging- Assumes your team is known to be pretty dang good to begin with and so it becomes very comical. As the team is not thought of as the best, this kind of sandbagging gets less and less comical IMO.

This year and until we know how good Trinity is going to be, I think the sarcatic sandbagging is not so funny. Now we have Trinity fans that want to talk about what this teams posibilities are going to be but they get a bunch of business by a few others on this message board. Let's just be tollerant of each other, please.
    Trinity Trojans

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbacker View Post
    1. Doesn't matter who the JV players are. They are all awesome and there will be no drop off this year.

2. Kimpella? Oh, please. We have multiple guys who are going to be amazing.

3. Next #19. We are depending on you to let us know. After all, you were the one who predicted his greatess three years ago.
    uh sorry, that would be premium content and you would have to subscribe to receive that information

+1

I personally think Da Hawaiian needs to start teaching again......Sandbagging 101 and Intermediate Sandbagging has suffered since he went on extended leave.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTrojan80 View Post
    I agree, but sandbagging may have run it's course as a matter of being funny. When we started the sandbagging thing it had a dual purpose.

1) Pseudo Sandbagging - It's like stretching the truth to keep our team out of the limelight or from being the overwhelming favorite no matter who the opponet might be. When a team is annointed the best, it put a lot of extra pressure on the team as a whole to live up to being the best team since slided bread.

2) Sarcastic Sandbagging- Assumes your team is known to be pretty dang good to begin with and so it becomes very comical. As the team is not thought of as the best, this kind of sandbagging gets less and less comical IMO.

This year and until we know how good Trinity is going to be, I think the sarcatic sandbagging is not so funny. Now we have Trinity fans that want to talk about what this teams posibilities are going to be but they get a bunch of business by a few others on this message board. Let's just be tollerant of each other, please.
    The Allen folks did the sandbagging last year. And I'm already seeing some SLC fans sandbagging heading into 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojanalum693 View Post
    Bell won't beat Trinity this year. Or as long as Lineweaver is the coach.
    Yall wont beat Bell forever I just feel like next year they'll finally break through. Trinity is down a little from the high level they've been playing the last 5-6 years I may very well be wrong I'm just feeling it for Bell this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangman21 View Post
    Yall wont beat Bell forever I just feel like next year they'll finally break through. Trinity is down a little from the high level they've been playing the last 5-6 years I may very well be wrong I'm just feeling it for Bell this year.
    Bell is certainly closer than they have been for quite some time.

If you think Trinity is down, I have to wonder why you feel that way.

Is it because they failed to win state in an odd year?

Surely it can't be based on last seasons team. Is it because they graduated so many players? Is it because all the Trinity fans have been saying Trinity will be down?

The interesting thing is. In 2007, Trinity had a "depleted" team coming back with all new skill players (exception Samir Baker who was a back up RB the season before, but really didn't get much PT in '06). Those Junior skill players went on to win state. The next season as Seniors they did not win state. In 2009, Trinity had a "depleted" team coming back with all new skill players. Those mostly Junior skill players went on to win state. They came back even stronger in 2010 and failed by the slimmest of margins to get it done again. So having young players at the skill positions has never been a burden at Trinity.
    Super B

Bell is certainly closer than they have been for quite some time.

If you think Trinity is down, I have to wonder why you feel that way.

Is it because they failed to win state in an odd year?

Surely it can't be based on last seasons team. Is it because they graduated so many players? Is it because all the Trinity fans have been saying Trinity will be down?

The interesting thing is. In 2007, Trinity had a "depleted" team coming back with all new skill players (exception Samir Baker who was a back up RB the season before, but really didn't get much PT in '06). Those Junior skill players went on to win state. The next season as Seniors they did not win state. In 2009, Trinity had a "depleted" team coming back with all new skill players. Those mostly Junior skill players went on to win state. They came back even stronger in 2010 and failed by the slimmest of margins to get it done again. So having young players at he skill positions has never been a burden at Trinity.
    maybe not, but having LR46 as a fan has to take it's toll