Thread: Realignment time is almost here.

Default Realignment time is almost here.

There will be some changes. First and foremost, let's welcome the Denton Guyer Wildcats back down to 4A. La Marque is about to say hello to 3A and, Stephenville might, "MIGHT" be joining them. Again, the keyword is "MIGHT". Lucas Lovejoy and Prosper will be moving up to 4A from 3A, and Smithson Valley will be moving up to 5A along with Lake Travis, Midway and Killeen High. Lovejoy and Prosper moving up will trigger some serious movement in the Metroplex and Texoma regions with the Wichita Falls schools and Sherman and Denison. Denison and Sherman could be on the US 75 corridor in a district with McKinney North, the Friscos and Lucas Lovejoy. Old High and Rider may stay with the Dentons, and join Trophy Club Byron Nelson and the 3 Saginaws. With Wichita Falls only being a 1.5-2 hour drive from Fort Worth, I could definitely see that being an option. Then again, they may stay with Lake Dallas, The Colony and Little Elm. As we all know, there's no telling what will happen with the UIL. Sometimes, it seems as if they just pull names out of a hat. Richardson JJ Pearce, Rockwall High and Rockwall-Heath are also 5A bound, right along with Carrollton RL Turner and Newman Smith.

I expect the Wacos to come north to a Metroplex district but, the question is, what side of the Metroplex will they be in? Mansfield Legacy is dropping back down to join Mansfield Summit and new school Mansfield Lake Ridge and, there is also some talk that Mansfield Timberview "MIGHT" be dropping down to 4A as well. You have 2 Burleson schools in 4A now as well, and that could send the Wacos to the eastside of the Metroplex. Then again, I could see them with Cleburne, Joshua, the 2 Burlesons, Crowley, and maybe Everman? If Stephenville stays 4A, they could join them with Cleburne, Joshua, the 2 Burlesons and Crowley, while Everman goes east/southeast. Fort Worth Dunbar turned in an enrollment of 878 but, they opted up and with Fort Worth Polytechnic moving back up to 4A, that means that the Fort Worth ISD will have 11 4A schools. We could see 8 in one district, with 3 others joining 4 to 5 other schools in another district or, they may all be in one big district together where they will split 6 into 1 zone and the other 5 into the other, which is what they did just 4 years ago. With that said, there will be some movement going on up this way.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer RocklandDragon's Avatar
    Where autumn weather is usually quite pleasant. Pefect for football

Default Re: Realignment time is almost here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    There will be some changes. First and foremost, let's welcome the Denton Guyer Wildcats back down to 4A. La Marque is about to say hello to 3A and, Stephenville might, "MIGHT" be joining them. Again, the keyword is "MIGHT". Lucas Lovejoy and Prosper will be moving up to 4A from 3A, and Smithson Valley will be moving up to 5A along with Lake Travis, Midway and Killeen High. Lovejoy and Prosper moving up will trigger some serious movement in the Metroplex and Texoma regions with the Wichita Falls schools and Sherman and Denison. Denison and Sherman could be on the US 75 corridor in a district with McKinney North, the Friscos and Lucas Lovejoy. Old High and Rider may stay with the Dentons, and join Trophy Club Byron Nelson and the 3 Saginaws. With Wichita Falls only being a 1.5-2 hour drive from Fort Worth, I could definitely see that being an option. Then again, they may stay with Lake Dallas, The Colony and Little Elm. As we all know, there's no telling what will happen with the UIL. Sometimes, it seems as if they just pull names out of a hat. Richardson JJ Pearce, Rockwall High and Rockwall-Heath are also 5A bound, right along with Carrollton RL Turner and Newman Smith.

I expect the Wacos to come north to a Metroplex district but, the question is, what side of the Metroplex will they be in? Mansfield Legacy is dropping back down to join Mansfield Summit and new school Mansfield Lake Ridge and, there is also some talk that Mansfield Timberview "MIGHT" be dropping down to 4A as well. You have 2 Burleson schools in 4A now as well, and that could send the Wacos to the eastside of the Metroplex. Then again, I could see them with Cleburne, Joshua, the 2 Burlesons, Crowley, and maybe Everman? If Stephenville stays 4A, they could join them with Cleburne, Joshua, the 2 Burlesons and Crowley, while Everman goes east/southeast. Fort Worth Dunbar turned in an enrollment of 878 but, they opted up and with Fort Worth Polytechnic moving back up to 4A, that means that the Fort Worth ISD will have 11 4A schools. We could see 8 in one district, with 3 others joining 4 to 5 other schools in another district or, they may all be in one big district together where they will split 6 into 1 zone and the other 5 into the other, which is what they did just 4 years ago. With that said, there will be some movement going on up this way.

In our neck of the woods...well to tell you the truth, there arent many trees here so I cant use that that saying. . In our neck of the tumbleweeds, there will be a new district in place and the Wichita Falls, northern Metroplex schools will be in 5-4A, most likely. These schools wont face us, the Panhandle or EP schools until the third round. The WF, north DFW schools would be our area's bidistrict opponent and the winner would face an EP area school. The EP districts should add only two schools, I believe. Those districts should stay relatively the same. The big change is that the Panhandle and South Plains gets split up for the first time in over 30 years. These are the expected district setups for the Panhandle and South Plains. Definitely, not guaranteed but it should resemble something like this..

District 3-4A

Amarillo High Sandies
    Amarillo Caprock Longhorns
    Amarillo Palo Duro Dons
    Dumas Demons
    Canyon High Eagles
    Canyon Randall Raiders

District 4-4A

Hereford Whitefaces
    Lubbock High Westerners
    Lubbock Monterey Plainsmen
    Plainview Bulldogs
    San Angelo Lake View Chieftains
    Wolfforth Frenship Tigers

It was real important that Amarillo High is under the 5A cutoff. Otherwise, there could be a 10 team district with Lake View going somewhere else or the Lubbock area schools and Plainview are going to be paired up with Wichita Falls to make a 6 team district.
    My photo website:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocklanddragon/sets/

The return to glory for Lubbock High football.

The Mighty Westerners--Champs of Texas HS football. 1939, 1951, 1952.

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

March down the field to glory, the Ferocious Stony Point Tigers of Round Rock!!!

Default Re: Realignment time is almost here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post

I have no idea. That's what we have you for, man! I hope you're right about Sherman and Denison going in with McKinney/Frisco. Don't wanna go to Wichita Falls and Don't wanna go to Texarkana when we have all these 4A schools right in our backyard.