Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

  1. #1
    All-Galaxy titus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,410

    Default Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    I think these guys should be. They run a balanced attack that spreads the ball around with multiple weapons, including a mobile QB and UNLIKE CP these guys can pass and have way better teams speed, but not the size. They are a more athletic Tivy with 2000 students and a WAY better defense. They play and 8 man front from the 30 stack and have big time speed and aggression and a team that has played in one of the better 5A districts in 16-5A. With what they have coming back, they just might be playing in the finals in 2012. Unlike CP, Leander has a history of playing tough schedules and making 5A playoff runs to the 3rd-5th round in region 2. GAME on in 2012!!!

  2. #2
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Titus your hate for CP is unreal. Leander has been no where close to CP offensively for the past 4 years, running or throwing. Look at the numbers before spouting information. Throw in the fact that CP has won the last 4 years in a row and 6 of the last 8 and it kind of throws the whole team speed advantage theory out of the window too. They are faster, but faster doesn't always mean better, just means you are that much further out of position. CP is 24-4 the past 2 years and won the district championship out of the always tough 16 5 A the last year they played in it. Leander is a quality program but so is CP, give up the hate and give a little credit where credit is do.

  3. #3
    All-Galaxy titus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,410

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Play some REAL teams in non-district, like Steele, Cove, Midway or Westlake in non-district and I might have some respect for CP. You have played Westlake in the past, but I know you won't travel to far to play a game, like vs DeSoto and I don't see them coming to Austin area since Mathis is gone. Maybe play the chokers from SA Madison?
    Last edited by titus211; 01-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  4. #4
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Great reply, I guess playing the best that 16 5a had to offer wasn't enough, and Austin high and Ellison were both coming off of playoff years when they were scheduled. Most of those schools mentioned would not play a lowly 4a school and scheduling works two ways. What do they have to win in that situation. CP scheduled 4 5a schools in non district not enough so I guess they will just have to keep trying to win enough to impress the mighty Titus.

  5. #5
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by godaddy View Post
    Great reply, I guess playing the best that 16 5a had to offer wasn't enough, and Austin high and Ellison were both coming off of playoff years when they were scheduled. Most of those schools mentioned would not play a lowly 4a school and scheduling works two ways. What do they have to win in that situation. CP scheduled 4 5a schools in non district not enough so I guess they will just have to keep trying to win enough to impress the mighty Titus.
    Don't worry Godaddy, Titus is just the guy on here that carries the stick that stirs the pot. His absolute predictions are usually incorrect and he's become the guy with no creditablity. His love/hate for teams moves around faster than Rosie O'Donnell headed for a buffet line.

    He knows that any team who comes up against CP has a very good chance of getting beat no matter when or where they play.

  6. #6
    All-Galaxy titus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,410

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Since you won't travel, play a well coached team with athletes, like Judson, Steele, Madison, Cove, Temple, Midway, and no the P-ville schools are not well coached and STP has lost their edge.

  7. #7
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,907

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    I think these guys should be. They run a balanced attack that spreads the ball around with multiple weapons, including a mobile QB and UNLIKE CP these guys can pass and have way better teams speed, but not the size. They are a more athletic Tivy with 2000 students and a WAY better defense. They play and 8 man front from the 30 stack and have big time speed and aggression and a team that has played in one of the better 5A districts in 16-5A. With what they have coming back, they just might be playing in the finals in 2012. Unlike CP, Leander has a history of playing tough schedules and making 5A playoff runs to the 3rd-5th round in region 2. GAME on in 2012!!!
    I think Leander is certainly one of the favorites, but not THE favorite. Cedar Park has more then proven what they got the last two years in the 4 games they played against LT.....of that there is no denying! They are 1 of two teams to beat LT in the last 4 seasons and 3 time champ Aledo was the only other! NUFF SAID

    Now, add in Denton Guyer to the favorites category along with Dawson because both those teams have the athletes to get it done and Guyer damn sure has the coaching as well. I cannot say the same about Dawson since they seam to get more personal fouls then 1st downs! LMAO

    It is almost comical titus that CP is your whipping pony now when only a couple of years ago it was LT! Now, you tote LT jocks damn near wherever you go!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  8. #8
    All-World Shamu85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgetown
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    I know you were talking Region IV, but since cb opened up the discussion to other regions, I'm gonna make this bold prediction for 2012. Don't count out those blue eagles from Georgetown. They will have a lot of talent back and with a healthy Jake Hubenak, they will be a force to reckon with. They hung with that Leander team last year in the first half and were actually leading until right before half with that disastrous double reverse pass that led to a pick 6. They did not have Hubenak in that game, and anyone who saw the Eagles play last year knows how different a team they were offensively with him at QB. They will be able to score on pretty much anyone.

    BTW, I am predicting CP takes that district, and beats Leander in the process.
    YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU TOLERATE

  9. #9
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fun Times View Post
    Don't worry Godaddy, Titus is just the guy on here that carries the stick that stirs the pot. His absolute predictions are usually incorrect and he's become the guy with no creditablity. His love/hate for teams moves around faster than Rosie O'Donnell headed for a buffet line.

    He knows that any team who comes up against CP has a very good chance of getting beat no matter when or where they play.
    Fun Times,

    I will really miss you and my other CP buddies. I sincerely hope that CP brings it home this year. Those boys have been more than worthy adversaries. I hope they keep working hard and our paths cross again soon.

    Ltcav83

  10. #10
    All-Galaxy LeanderLions3033's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Leander...Greater Austin Area
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Considering what CP has done the past 2 years (including beating Leander both years), it would be hard to call anybody else the favorites IMO. I will say this though...

    Leander returns 6 starters from a defense that was our strongest side of the ball last year so I expect them to build on last years performance. Offensively we lose quite a bit of last years production with Andreas Barerra and Martell Summers graduating but Caleb Woodward looked pretty dynamic when he had the ball in his hands last year...but can he lead a team? Our offense will decide whether or not we are one of the better teams in region 4 division 1, because our defense should be fine.
    Last edited by LeanderLions3033; 02-02-2012 at 06:35 PM.

  11. #11
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Leander did have a very good defense last year and I would expect them to be very tough again in 2012. Titus maybe you should schedule the games for CP or at least call all of the coaches and get things matched up for everyone. It is probably a little more difficult than u think. However sources say that Westlake will be their first game, so maybe that will make u happier. Well coached and 5 a to boot.

  12. #12
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gone Fishing, Tx
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    Play some REAL teams in non-district, like Steele, Cove, Midway or Westlake in non-district and I might have some respect for CP. You have played Westlake in the past, but I know you won't travel to far to play a game, like vs DeSoto and I don't see them coming to Austin area since Mathis is gone. Maybe play the chokers from SA Madison?
    CP - non-district schedule: Westwood, Abilene Cooper, Westlake, Harker Heights (all 5A programs). Carter and Ross just could not come to an agreement for LT to continue playing CP. Also an agreement was close to being made between JT and CP playing at Baylor but that feel through as well.
    Last edited by cpfarmy; 02-03-2012 at 07:54 PM.

  13. #13
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gone Fishing, Tx
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    CP - Leander game will be a very good hard fought game:
    History
    2010 - Leander Freshman beat CP Freshman by a Touchdown (Leander RB dominated the game who now only plays Basketball - Jacob Ohb)
    2010 - CP JV beat Leander JV (but Leander has that funky set up of Jrs play on the A team and Sophomores on the B team)
    2010 (skip the Varsity game - most folks are gone)
    2011 - CP Freshman beat Leander soundly
    2011 - JV (not even fair to compare because of Leander's Jr's on A team/Soph's on B procedure)
    CP JV A dominated but again this was against Leanders JRs
    Leander JV B beat CP JV B by a TD... this was Sophomores vs Sophomores (but again 1/3 of the CP JV A started Sophomores)
    2011 - Varsity (AWESOME game) that CP snuck out with a victory, I say this because both teams deserved to win this 'battle'. Leander's D was STOUT and the 4-4 stack proved to be efficient

    2012 - Hopefully Leander replaces Lake Travis as the 'final' game. Interesting part will be both teams trying to replace a key leader on offense at a key position (QB). CP Defense will have to reload and changes are afoot there - lots of shuffling of players around to shore up the D-line, etc... Leander's defense was solid and will be the fixture for that team 2 Stud Sophomores : Epply at DL and 1st name Martin at LB + Sugar and others. Leanders weakness in games I've seen with kids coming up is in the Offensive Line (this is where CP will likely have an advantage in 2012, with 4 of 6 starters back including center & both OTs)

  14. #14
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpfarmy View Post
    CP - non-district schedule: Westwood, Abilene Cooper, Westlake, Pflugerville Hendrickson (all 5A programs). Carter and Ross just could not come to an agreement for LT to continue playing CP.
    What are you hearing as the reason Carter and Ross could not come to an agreement? I will check my source as well.

  15. #15
    All-Galaxy titus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,410

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpfarmy View Post
    CP - non-district schedule: Westwood, Abilene Cooper, Westlake, Harker Heights (all 5A programs). Carter and Ross just could not come to an agreement for LT to continue playing CP. Also an agreement was close to being made between JT and CP playing at Baylor but that feel through as well.
    No Steeles, Judsons, Madison, Coves, Temples or even Beltons? Teams that CP matches up very well with, no D1 factories.

  16. #16
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    So is temple and belton better than, Westwood, Westlake and Abilene cooper. Just curious about why you have mentioned them as GREAT opponents. CP did play temple in 2008 and 2009, beat them both times. I don't get u, should really stop trying. Why would Steele or Madison want to play CP, plenty to choose from down south.

  17. #17
    All-District
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    I have been away for a while and the first time I get on guess who is spewing his envy of CP? Go ole TITS211 how are you? Never mind this one, he only envies CP because we are WELL COACHED and it drives him crazy that the T-wolves are so successful compared to his precious Silent P High teams of late!!! Been a hater for years now, probably never got over that rear end kicking by the 2004 CP team at Keumpel stadium againt Silent P High. He just cannot understand how a bunch of slow "unathletic" kids from Williamson Co be more successful than his "athletes" in the estern side of the area. TITS211 is what he is, so let's all move on and let him stew in his envy soup while CP battles for another district title against the other teams!

  18. #18
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gone Fishing, Tx
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltcav83 View Post
    What are you hearing as the reason Carter and Ross could not come to an agreement? I will check my source as well.
    So I believe I got some more scoop but still not sure why the fallout. Essentially Pflugerville Hendrickson moving up to 5A threw a 'wrench' into everything. Everyone at UIL was set to move Leander into 25-4A and Lake Travis take Leander's place in 16-5A. If this were to happen there was an agreed to week 3 CP vs Lake Travis set in place. When Hendrickson moved up they essentially took that spot because obviously they are going to go with Pflugerville. This moved Lake Travis into the AISD/Westlake district and changed the dynamics of Lake Travis's schedule and Carter had to start from scratch on agreed to games. I think he did alright from what I have seen so far.

  19. #19
    All-Galaxy titus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,410

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpfarmy View Post
    So I believe I got some more scoop but still not sure why the fallout. Essentially Pflugerville Hendrickson moving up to 5A threw a 'wrench' into everything. Everyone at UIL was set to move Leander into 25-4A and Lake Travis take Leander's place in 16-5A. If this were to happen there was an agreed to week 3 CP vs Lake Travis set in place. When Hendrickson moved up they essentially took that spot because obviously they are going to go with Pflugerville. This moved Lake Travis into the AISD/Westlake district and changed the dynamics of Lake Travis's schedule and Carter had to start from scratch on agreed to games. I think he did alright from what I have seen so far.
    Cedar Park has beat LT how many times in how many games?

  20. #20
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Leander Lions region 4 D1 favorites?

    They are 1-5, as if you didn't know. The last 3 losses were by 1,3, and 5 which is about 20 points closer than anybody else has come to playing with them in the past couple of years. In 2008, LT won by 14 I believe and 2009 is was a blowout. Every game except 2009 CP had their chances. But alas, still doesn't impress Titus I know but that is the best that I can do.
    Last edited by godaddy; 02-08-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •