Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: TGO's 2012 THSFB Pre-Season Top 25

Default Re: TGO's 2012 THSFB Pre-Season Top 25

Clear Falls must have made OL Tristan Nickleson mean because he was getting abused in practice while he was at Clear Springs. Must have done a good job in coaching up. No sarcasm intended.
    Clear Springs Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by 1moreX View Post
    Clear Falls must have made OL Tristan Nickleson mean because he was getting abused in practice while he was at Clear Springs. Must have done a good job in coaching up. No sarcasm intended.
    I would of liked to seen how he would have handled Carpenter this year. Did they play any 5A varsity teams? We will see they do this year with the big boys.
    NEVER argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level.

Quote Originally Posted by CSChargerFan View Post
    I would of liked to seen how he would have handled Carpenter this year. Did they play any 5A varsity teams? We will see they do this year with the big boys.
    We will see what he has. I would have loved to see him match up with Dallas McClarty.
    Clear Springs Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by LordByron View Post
    You underrate Arlington Martin. Last year, in the playoffs, they lost to the state champion SLC Dragons deep in the playoffs after beatinh Trinity. Under Coach Bob Wager, Martin has improved each year. Next year will be no exception. 19 is much too low for them.

Hicks wont play both ways. He broke his foot in the game before the SLC game. The QB had to miss a lot of games toward the end of the season. I don't expect to see any skill players going both ways.

Ben Grogan made the AP AAAAA allstate team. Fourth is too low for him.
    I didn't realize Hicks broke his foot against Trinity. I hate to hear that.
    This posting represents the official view of the voices in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanbacker View Post
    I didn't realize Hicks broke his foot against Trinity. I hate to hear that.
    He did play in the SLC/Martin game, so I'm wondering how he was able to come in with a broken foot?
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    He did play in the SLC/Martin game, so I'm wondering how he was able to come in with a broken foot?
    He went out at the end of the 3rd. Must have had a bone sticking out of his shoe.
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    He went out at the end of the 3rd. Must have had a bone sticking out of his shoe.

Those Arlington kids are tough...Hansbrough (Bowie) comes to mind as well.
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

All-State

TGO

Thanks for the Love to Abilene!

Im really excited about this team the talent is there the effort is there,
    These boys have worked their *** off for years Im talking about 10 or so and they are all together and healthy now in High School!

Abbe told me he is so ready wished the season started now!
    and all the players are feeling hungry and loose and comfortable!
    Expect great things from all the ABILENE EAGLES 18 returning starters!

GO GET EM BOYS!
    Good luck to all the teams in TEXAS and see you come playoff time!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Re: TGO's 2012 THSFB Pre-Season Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by 1eagle2fan View Post
    TGO

Thanks for the Love to Abilene!

Im really excited about this team the talent is there the effort is there,
    These boys have worked their *** off for years Im talking about 10 or so and they are all together and healthy now in High School!

Abbe told me he is so ready wished the season started now!
    and all the players are feeling hungry and loose and comfortable!
    Expect great things from all the ABILENE EAGLES 18 returning starters!

GO GET EM BOYS!
    Good luck to all the teams in TEXAS and see you come playoff time!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah. Abilene is gonna be good this year for sure.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    Yeah. Abilene is gonna be good this year for sure.
    And remember: contrary to TGO's initial post (made before realignment)...Abilene is a D-2 lock while SLC is a D-1 lock. Abilene will not face SLC this year no matter what happens. I figure that only improves their chances.

Cool Re: TGO's 2012 THSFB Pre-Season Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by Warbird View Post
    And remember: contrary to TGO's initial post (made before realignment)...Abilene is a D-2 lock while SLC is a D-1 lock. Abilene will not face SLC this year no matter what happens. I figure that only improves their chances.
    Yeah well, not having to face SLC would improve anybody's chances.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar

I always find your list to be so comprehensive and usually pretty close at the end. But I see Cy Fair way higher that 50. And I think Tre Clark graduated from Falls - not sure on that but I think he did. He was not a QB - he was RB. Henkhaus is the QB I believe.
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles

"Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post

28. Smithson Valley - RB-Lawrence Mattison headlines seven returning 4A all-district selections - are they ready for 5A?
    LMAO! Are you serious?

I'm glad they're being overlooked. These guys are gonna wreck sh**!
    Long live TEXAS. Long live TEXAS FOOTBALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    Yeah well, not having to face SLC would improve anybody's chances.
    Not this year though, Allen is going to strategically lose to SLC in non district play and IF we are fortunate enough to make it throught the Plano / McKinney gauntlett and make the playoffs, with the D1 locks, we are looking at a possible SLC rematch.

I'm needing the statistical prowess of WOS to see what the most sustained losing streaks are between two teams.

A rocord is a record Brother!!

~
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

PCC
    2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

James 1:2-3
    Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddydog View Post
    Not this year though, Allen is going to strategically lose to SLC in non district play and IF we are fortunate enough to make it throught the Plano / McKinney gauntlett and make the playoffs, with the D1 locks, we are looking at a possible SLC rematch.

I'm needing the statistical prowess of WOS to see what the most sustained losing streaks are between two teams.

A rocord is a record Brother!!

~
    The good news is that the road to Carroll, if we can make it that far with all the pieces we have to replace is through Skyline and of course we will have to go through Bowie and or Martin, Trinity and/or Desoto. Somewhere we get an El Paso school if we make it that far so we get the joy of possibly driving to Lubbock, Odessa or Mitlen to watch a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddydog View Post

I'm needing the statistical prowess of WOS to see what the most sustained losing streaks are between two teams.A rocord is a record Brother!!

~
    I don't think 5-0 is even close BDD, but 7-0 would be closer.

The odds are getting more in your favor every time. All great streaks have 1 thing in common...they end.
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

Quote Originally Posted by SLCbacker View Post

All great streaks have 1 thing in common...they end.

WHAT you mean THAT really ????
    Get off your couch and go to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicewood View Post
    WHAT you mean THAT really ????
    Should have said....Except for LT, of course!
    "You don’t win state championships with great athletes. You win with great kids, and you win with kids that believe in themselves and believe in the program.’” -Coach Bob Ledbetter, during his interview to become Carroll Head Coach in 1979...That pretty much explains it!

Quote Originally Posted by SLCbacker View Post
    Should have said....Except for LT, of course!

I am a realist, I'm happy as a pig in sh*t that the streak has gone on as long as it has. . But to be real I have not seen but two 4A teams since the Highland Park game that I was kinda worried, the Steele games, and the Cedar Park games, every other game was just another game.

But I would really really like to see one more, I would really like to show a 4A team can come up and do well, oh wait let me introduce me to my friend from Steele.
    Get off your couch and go to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicewood View Post
    I am a realist, I'm happy as a pig in sh*t that the streak has gone on as long as it has. . But to be real I have not seen but two 4A teams since the Highland Park game that I was kinda worried, the Steele games, and the Cedar Park games, every other game was just another game.

But I would really really like to see one more, I would really like to show a 4A team can come up and do well, oh wait let me introduce me to my friend from Steele.
    That's because Katy went D1 that year -