TGO's 2012 THSFB Pre-Season Top 25
1. Southlake Carroll – IMO, they finished ranked #1 in the state in 2011 and they will return that way in 2012. QB-Kenny Hill (6-2 205) is an All-American candidate, and he'll be accompanied by all-state caliber talent like LT-Cam Manning (6-3 265), S-Tanner Jacobson (5-10 180), K-Drew Brown (5-10 160), and RB-A.J. Ezzard (5-10 190). SLC also returns studs like OG-Alec Deutsch (6-1 225), LB-Jackson Mitchell (5-11 190), and DL-AJ Tolbert. I fully expect to see Denton Guyer, twice, Abilene, and likely new 5A stud (ex-4A King) Lake Travis before they even make it to a D2 title appearance... which might be against “The Katy Train”.
Impact Player: QB-Kenny Hill
2. Dallas Skyline – They have five of my pre-season elite players on their roster. They return a dynamic leader at QB, in Devante Kincade (6-1 180). They also return all-world studs in DT-Kerrick Huggins (6-4 290), OL-Kelvin Coleman (6-3 315), WR-Rashaad Samples (5-11 170), LB-Isaiah Williams (6-1 225), and DB's Cedric Collins (5-11 175) and Will Barrows (5-10 160). This team was an end-game controversy away from playing Hightower for the title. They're hungry, having tasted the semi's. I fully expect to see the Raiders in the D1 title game. If North Shore's depth does what is expected, we could see a Skyline vs North Shore Final. Wow... the amount of FBS talent during THAT game would make the Rice Owls jealous.
Impact Player: QB-Devante Kincade
3. Katy – Ever heard the phrase “run to daylight”? Well, you're gonna see the true meaning of that phrase in 2012... with the Katy Tigers. I fully expect a run-heavy Tiger offense that is methodical and nasty. RB's Adam Taylor (6-1 200) and Rodney Anderson (5-10 175) are gonna be a LOAD to deal with. Don't forget stud AP-Kyle Fulks (5-8 160), perhaps the best ILB in the state, Jake Blomstrom (6-0 190), the best OG in state, in OG-Aaron Sowell (6-2 285), and the kid simply known as “The Machine”... DE/TE-Matt Dimon (6-2 240). I think Katy marches to a D2 title appearance, but not before a street fight with La Porte and a smash-mouth WAR against Cibolo Steele.
Impact Player: The Running Backs (Adam Taylor, Rodney Anderson)
4. Abilene – This squad might be just as good as the 2009 squad. No, I'm not kidding! QB-Evin Abbe (6-1 190) is a sleeper FBS prospect, but will be surrounded by speedy talent in all-state caliber studs DE-Jake McMillon (6-3 230) and LB/S-Tyler Lackey (5-10 175), and impact players in RB-Marcell Porter (5-6 160), DB-Nate Kittley (5-11 170), OL-Ethan Miko (6-0 250), LB-Charles McGill (5-11 175), DB-Conlan Aguirre (5-6 150), OL-Chantz Anderson (6-1 245), and TE-Sam Berry (6-3 190). The Eagles should see stiff competition from the likes of Odessa Permian and Midland in 3-5A, but getting past defending state champs, SLC (in the playoffs), will be an enormous task.
Impact Player: QB-Evin Abbe
5. Lake Travis – 5A Texas football, meet Lake Travis... Lake Travis, meet 5A Texas football! The time has come to stop the debate of whether Lake Travis would make it in 5A or how successful would they be. QB-Baker Mayfield (6-0 200) returns to lead the consecutive 5-time 4A program, in 2012. He'll be joined by one of the best Kicker's - Kevin Marcotte - in the state, not to mention plenty of talent to make waves on the 5A level. Super sophomore RB-Varshaun Nixon (5-10 190), OL-Hunter Siddons, WR-Zach Austin, LB-Luke Hutton, DE-Connor Shannon, and CB-Brock Kenyon (6-0 175) return to make a run for a 5A title. LT will certainly face stiffer competition than the 5A level, trekking through the 5A playoff gauntlet.
Impact Player: QB-Baker Mayfield
6. Cibolo Steele – What Steele did to PAM was surreal! While they lose a lot, they still bring back a nucleus that could certainly see them in another 5A title game. RB-Justin Stockton (5-9 165) was unreal, last year. He'll be joined by FBS stud S-Eric Huhn (6-1 195), AP-Jordan Sterns (5-10 190), WR-Matthew Mayle (5-10 175), DT-Cory Staud (6-0 260), LB-Jalen Maddox (5-10 200), OL-Justin Roberts (6-4 255), OL-Lee Henderson (6-1 255) and DB-John Burton (5-10 180). Steele will be a tough out for anyone. I see them going undefeated in the regular season. A blood-n-guts war between Katy and Steele would be a treat to see.
Impact Player: RB-Justin Stockton
7. Longview – As usual, the Lobos will be a team to fear. QB-Bivins Carraway (5-11 195) will lead the offensive attack, while LB-Demarkus Lathan will be the defensive leader. Both players are All-State caliber. RB-Tory White (5-8 170), DE-Cornelius Williams (6-0 280), LB-Jalen Porter (5-11 210), and one of the best Secondary's in the state led by DB-Cort Bartley (5-8 160), DB-Nakia Brown (5-8 170), DB-Davatric Cooks (5-10 170), DB-Stephan Maxey (6-1 180). The Lobos will look to build the foundation of the OL in the Spring and it should be easier done than said considering the JV and Frosh classes should move up some amazing talent.
Impact Player: LB-Demarkus Lathan
8. Pearland - With less than 25 players returning from 2011, the Oilers may appear to be down. NOT SO FAST!!! The Oilers return QB-Jacob Garner (6-0 170), stud LB-Justin Phillips (6-0 200), 2-year starter at DE-Tyler Hellaire (6-3 230), RB-Adam Saunders (5-10 170), WR-Kevin Washington (5-10 155), DB-Emry Flanagan (5-7 170), OL-Jacob Hollas (6-0 270), OL-Jace Foley (6-1 270), and DE-Ryan Griswold (6-4 200). I fully expect the passing game to have evolved much like it did from Anderson's junior to senior year. Pearland versus Clear Springs will be huge, again, this year... but a possible playoff match-up against North Shore could be out-of-this-world.
Impact Player: LB-Justin Phillips
9. Cedar Hill – The Longhorns were YOUNG in 2011. In 2012, SPEED will be the name of the game. QB-Damion Hobbs (6-2 190) returns to lead CHILL, but he won't be alone. CHILL returns a mountain of talent, led by perhaps the best all-around athlete in the state, AP-Laquivonte Gonzalez (5-11 175). They also bring back all-district studs RB-Jared Rayford (5-9 190), DB-Andrew Coleman (5-10 180), TE-Travis Wilson (6-0 180), OL-Anthony Pullins (6-1 290), OL-Will Mixon (6-0 240), OL-Xavier Washington (6-3 260), OL-Demarya Mixon (6-4 275), WR-Quincy Adeboyejo (6-3 190), DE-Calan Johnson (6-1 225), Isaiah Lewis (6-1 185) and WR-Brandon Harris (6-1 190). The only question will be on the defensive side, for the most part, but CHILL looks to have a ton of talent moving up the pipeline, to say the least.
Impact Player: AP-Laquivonte Gonzalez
10. Dallas Jesuit – Well, keeping consistent with previous seasons, here's my way-out-on-a-limb pick for 2012. Jesuit returns a LOADED team that could shock several teams. They have one of the best QB's in the state, in Jack Brezette (6-0 170). The best WR in the state should be Jake Oliver (6-5 200), and one of the best OL'men in the state will be OT-J.J. Gustafson (6-6 275). Also returning is OL-Paul paris (6-3 285), LB-Jordan “Mash” Mastrogiovanni (6-3 220), DE-J.D. Waggoner (6-3 215), AP-Will Brown (5-10 170), RB-Garrett Van deVan, WR-John Berend (6-1 190) and Orion Salters. Jesuit went 8-2 in the regular season in 2011, losing only to Coppell (by 7 pts) and Skyline. They will be Senior-loaded and looking to take D2 by storm in the playoffs.
Impact Player: QB-Jack Brezette
11. Euless Trinity – The Trojans won't be down, this year, contrary to what some people want to believe. The Trojans will be young, but still very potent and tough. The defense will likely be ahead of the offense (which is the norm with most programs), at first, but it will catch up. DE's Sam Tevi (6-5 255) and Gaius Vaenuku (6-4 250) will be a force, while DT-Cody Mayfield (6-1 260) and LB-Woolley Turner (6-1 220) will help lead the defense. Offensively, QB-Matt Hawkins (5-10 190), RB-Remel Newton (5-9 195), OL-Andreu Kirby (6-4 340), OL-Salesi Uhatafe (6-4 290), Calon Bibbs (6-2 310), and Jason Reese (6-4 215) return to develop the offense. Depending on the pre-season schedule, ET could very well pull out an undefeated regular season. As long as SLC goes D2, ET may be the only one standing in R1 (No offense, Allen!).
Impact Player: The Defensive Line (Tevi, Vaenuku, Mayfield)
12. La Porte - The Bulldogs went 12-2 in 2011. They were BABIES, for the most part. In 2012, they will FEAST! I'm already telling any and everyone that I think LB/RB-Hoza Scott (6-3 215) might be the best athlete in the state of Texas and certainly an All-American candidate. He'll be joined by 27 other returners (9 are sophomores), most notably being RB-Keith Whitely (5-9 190), RB-Jonathan Lewis (6-0 170), OL-Maurice Morris (6-2 330), TE-Trevor Nelson (6-1 230), all-world K-Eric Medina, OL-Tony Briones (6-0 250), AP-Victor Holmes (5-11 170), DE-Alex Jones (6-2 235), DT-Corey Lee (6-0 270), WR-Taejon Wearen (5-9 160), DE-Mark Guzman (5-10 200), and DB-Malik Graves (5-10 165). I expect the 21-5A champion to be either LP or North Shore, and both teams to go deep into the playoffs. LP has enormous potential! How funny would it be to see SLC vs La Porte for the D2 title? Just saying!
Impact Player: LB/RB-Hoza Scott
13. Waco Midway - QB-Jordan Darling (6-4 230) returns with a ton of FBS talent. RB-B.J. Kelly (5-9 190) is a stud and LB-Chrishard Buhl (6-3 200) is a monster. WR's Hunter Jarmon (6-0 185), Deondre Ford (6-2 180), and Dustin Vasek (5-11 190) will be hell to tend with on the outside. While Miday replaces a slew of players on the OL and Defense, they will still be formidable with very good youth waiting in the wing. CB-Justin Barnes (6-2 175), OL-Devon Petty (6-4 345), LB-Chavoun Childers (6-0 205), ATH-Dashaar Greer (5-11 190), and DB-Kramer Robinson (5-11 180) will all be the ones to watch.
Impact Player: QB-Jordan Darling
14. Manvel - In its short four years of varisty football, Manvel has quickly become a GHA powerhouse, whether on the 5A or 4A level. The talent is a premium in the area, starting with the likes of QB-Shane McCarley (6-0 190), OL-Travis Romero (6-3 325), WR-Jalyn Judkins (6-3 205), WR-Austin Bennett (6-0 190), DB-Jared Ambres (6-0 170), TE-Kody Martin (6-5 220), DT-Kyle Tamase (6-1 290), OL-Cory Klingler (6-5 265), FB-Trey Silvers (6-1 220) and DT-Dewan Edmonson (6-1 250) will lead the pack. There are three teams in the GHA that I believe to be must-sees, come playoff time, and Manvel is one of them (along with LP and Katy). LaPorte vs Manvel would be unreal - talk about smashmouth football!!!!
Impact Player: OG-Travis Romero
15. North Shore – I stated that the Mustangs were too young in 2011 to be a contender. I also stated that 2012 and 2013 may be the best years that NS has seen since 2003... which is saying a lot. The 'Stangs will have a plethora of speedy talent. QB-Micah Thomas (6-1 180) will return to lead some outrageous talent. RB's Jared Pendleton (5-10 200), Kevian DeLeon (5-6 160), and Leroy Fields (5-7 185) will be running wild, while stud LB-Zach Whitley (6-2 220) is all-state caliber. Also, lookout for DB-Earnest Thomas (5-9 170), DT-Chris Leger (6-2 270), OT-Trevon Tate (6-5 280), TE-Jacobie Russell (6-4 225) and OT-Najee Toran (6-4 250). I certainly plan on being at the La Porte vs North Shore game, next Fall. I also expect to rekindle the Pearland/North Shore playoff match-ups. Could we see a North Shore vs Dallas Skyline D1 Title game? SPEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Impact Player: LB-Zach Whitley
16. Allen - The Eagles lose a ton of talent, but they will reload. I expect QB-Oliver Pierce (5-9 170) to take over the starting spot. He's steady and should be a "known name" by the end of the 2012 regular season. The Eagles also returns RB-Jeff Harris (5-8 180/2nd leading rusher), stud LB-Anthony Walker (5-11 230), DL-Stone Drulman (6-1 215), OL-Brad North (6-2 280), DT-Byron Bonds (6-0 280), LB-Nick Cobb (5-11 200), DB-Camden Cooper (5-10 170), and DB-Chad Adams (5-8 155). The team will be a work in progress throughout the season, but should still have the pedigree to make a good playoff run. ET vs Allen should take place, once again.
Impact Player: RB-Jeff Harris
17. Lufkin - The man who built the Panthers into an elite program is gone (RIP, Coach Outlaw), but Lufkin football won't disappear anytime soon. The Panthers return around 35 players from 2011. WR/AP-JaBryce Taylor (6-3 190) will be back to make explosive plays for the Pack. He'll be accompanied by QB-Tyler Stubblefield (6-4 180), DE-Demontrai Lewis (6-3 235), DT-D'Vante Botley (6-4 265), DB-Thomas Hyde (6-1 200), DB-Ja'marion Houston (6-1 195), RB-D'coveon Handy (5-10 185), CB-Jomal Davis (5-11 190), and OL-Michael Traylor (6-2 255). This team returns about 30 players, and a ton of SPEED! Look forward to a battle against Longview, this year. Having said that, Lufkin should take 14-5A, in 2012.
Impact Player: WR/AP-JaBryce Taylor
18. San Antonio Madison - I would have the Mavericks higher, if not for stability at QB and their unpredictable play - at times. Having said that, you could very well see SAM in a Title game in 2012. They return the best DT in the state, in Vincent Taylor (6-4 250), one of the best RB's in the state, in Marquis Worfard (5-8 170), and one of the best WR's in the state, in Dannon Cavil (6-5 205) - if he can only stay healthy, he'll be a MONSTER. Having said that, SAM returns a slew of talent that led them to a 10-5 record in 2011 - OL-George Roberts (6-6 300), DE-C.J. Reese (6-4 250), DE-Cody Wetz (6-4 230), WR/QB-Alex Smisek, WR-Byron Daniels, and DB-Latrell Sledge. I can see Madison going going undefeated on the regular season, provided they don't face a Lake Travis or Cibolo Steele in pre-season play - and even those games would be close. A SAM vs Pearland or North Shore State Semifinal is a possibility.
Impact Player: DT-Vincent Taylor
19. Arlington Martin - Martin is quickly becoming a recruiting haven for stud talent. They lose a lot from 2011, but they return plenty in 2012. All-world RB-Kyle Hicks will also start at CB - where he equally shines. The new QB should be Garrett Lane (5-10 185). They will be accompanied by about 30 other returners, including AP/DB-Matt Waller (5-11 195), OL-Alex Riley (6-3 345), OL-Dimitri Gildon (6-4 265.. returning from severe ankle injury in pre-season), WR-Michael Wilson (6-4 180), OL-Brandon Nickerson (6-1 280), DE-Myles Garrett (6-4 220), DL-Chris Odom (6-3 240), DL-Channing Crump (6-3 255), WR-Eric Hughes (6-1 170), DB-Trevor Stewart (6-1 185), and WR-Deshane Hall (6-3 180). The only opposition I see in 4-5A will come from Bowie. I could see Martin go 9-1 or undefeated in the regular season. A deep run in the playoffs could unfold.
Impact Player: RB-Kyle Hicks
20. Cy Falls - They lose some dynamic talent, but they also return some dynamic talent. I imagine Tre Clark (5-10 175) will take over at QB for Falls - "Zone Read" should be the staple of the Eagle offense. Clark won't be alone! FBS prospects, RB-Bryce Peters (5-10 195), AP/WR-Jacory Warrick (5-11 170) and DT-Jacobi Hunter (6-1 290) will accompany him. They will be joined by stud athletes in DB-Damon Wattell (6-0 180), AP/TE-Isaiah WHite (5-11 170), DB-Justin Eke (5-10 180), AP-Denerick Edwards (5-10 180), K-Brad Eubanks, and LB-Tommy Bradley. The Eagles will fill OL/DL holes with some good size and power that has moved up from the JV and Frosh levels. I expect Falls to take 17-5A, but not w/o a fight from Ridge, LC, Ranch, and Fair. The district will be tough across the Board. I expect a surprising playoff run for Falls.
Impact Player: DT-Jacobi Hunter
21. Desoto - THESE Eagles will certainly be young, but they will have some serious SPEED on the field. The best AP player I saw in 2011 was AP-Dontre Wilson (5-10 180). He returns in 2012, along with nearly 40 other returners. At QB, we'll see a dynamic athlete in Desmon White (5-8 165) take over - the kid has some serious talent. He'll lead the likes of stud athletes in OG-Sergio Phillips (6-2 290), LB-Taylor Young (5-10 215), WR-Rickey Daniels (5-9 170), S-Nick Orr (5-9 160), OL-Devonta Leary (6-0 215), DL-Khalil Reese (5-11 260), WR-Brandon McDowell (5-9 175), WR-Kyle Collins (6-3 190), TE-Tavaras Royal (6-0 185), OL-Marcus McGarity (6-1 280), and DB-Zach White (6-0 165). The Eagles will likely start slow and I expect a few speed bumps, but they will certainly be a force in the playoffs. Unfortunately, we're likely looking at Desoto vs Skyline, again... in Round 2 of the playoffs. Upset, anyone?
Impact Player: AP-Dontre Wilson
22. Mesquite Horn - They lost plenty of close games in 2011.. with plenty of talent. They return much of that talent in 2012. QB-Destri White (6-1 175) will be electrifying! LB-D.J. Green (6-2 215), DE-Colton King (6-2 240), RB-Justin Oliphant (5-8 170), OL-Erick Wren (6-2 315) , OL-Jacob Meyer (6-2 230), OL-Brock Appenzeller (6-3 270), WR-Delmichael High (6-2 170), WR-Darrell Bullocks (6-3 180), DB-Brandon Stewart (5-9 170), Elric Truvillion (5-10 175) and DE-Andrew Morris (6-2 225) will return to battle it out with Longview and Desoto for the 11-5A title. I could see a 7-3 or 8-2 (upset alert) season and eventual meeting with Lake Travis in the R2D2 playoffs.
Impact Player: LB-D.J. Green
23. Coppell - Down year in 2011! They should rebound in 2012. DE-Solomon Thomas is a FREAK at 6-3 235 lbs - he was just a sophomore, last year... when he was named 1st Team All-District in a great district (7-5A). He'll also have RB-Luke Jenner (1st Team All-District/leading rusher), DE-William Udeh (6-2 225), WR/AP-Gavin McDaniel (5-9 170), DB-Jacob Logan (5-10 180), TE/FB-Josh Self (6-3 220), WR-Jason Lister (5-10 170), and DL-Taylor Honeycutt (6-3 215). Expect to see a ton of Jenner and some nasty defense from the Cowboys. An 8-2 or 7-3 record (at worst) is expected. R1-D1 will likely be open for the taking, as Allen and ET will be reloading and young (but still rich with talent).
Impact Player: DE-Solomon Thomas
24. Mansfield - The Tigers are 20-5 over the past 2 years. I expect them to keep winning in 2012. RB-Kenneth Burks (5-9 190), TE-Trent Gow (6-4 250), OL-Zach Crabtree (6-7 260), LB-Chad Whitener (6-1 230), WR-Lance Evans (6-2 180), DB-George Baltimore (6-0 190), FB-Bryan Shanklin (6-2 240), OL-Austin Davis (6-2 230), LB-Ryan Leroy (6-0 200), DB-Trevor Wilson (6-1 190), and K-Trevor Stutsman will lead a very talented core group that returns from last year's superb team. We could certainly see Mansfield vs Abilene, again, in the playoffs.. and what a treat that would be.
Impact Player: RB-Kenneth Burks
25. Mesquite - The Mesquite area is a hotbed for talent, currently. RB-Junior Sessions (5-10 200), OC-Daniel Mafileo (6-0 255), and DB-Anthony Canady (5-8 165) are all highly ranked in their respective positions. QB-Alex Cooper was 11-5A's Offensive Newcomer of the Year and returns. He'll lead other good talent like WR-Rashard Higgins (6-1 170), DB-Jordan Bracy (5-9 180) LB-Traa Strong (5-10 190), WR-Dameon Gamblin (5-11 165), DE-Joseph Holmes (6-3 200), LB-Jalen Montgomery (5-10 180), LB-Marlin Simmons (5-9 175), and LB-Jamarcus Smith (6-0 200). I expect the Skeeters to reload and challenge in D1-R2. Perhaps a Mesquite vs Klein Collins playoff match-up on the horizon? We'll see!
Impact Player: RB-Junior Sessions
26. Colleyville Heritage - One of the state's elite QB's, in Cody Thomas, returns with an experienced group.
27. Richardson Berkner - QB-Yedidiah Lewis and RB-Quincy Jones return with a Ram team that is a darkhorse for a deep run.
28. Smithson Valley - RB-Lawrence Mattison headlines seven returning 4A all-district selections - are they ready for 5A?
29. Odessa Permian - If the defense shows up, RB-Jorrion Wilson and QB-Jack Wilkins will do the rest.
30. Cinco Ranch - FBS stud RB-Jamel James and nearly 40 returners will challenge for a district crown.
31. Belton - TE-Durham Smythe is one of the best in the state, and this team is a darkhorse for a deep playoff run.
32. McKinney Boyd - RB-Bryan Driskell and QB-Curtis Ladd returns to lead a loaded Boyd squad.
33. Klein Collins - Can DE-Seth Scott and RB-Marcus Goodson survive 13-5A, after losing so much from 2011?
34. FB Hightower - Addison is gone, but the State Trip should motivate DB-Kelsey Douglas and Co.
35. Lake Highlands - OL-Kent Perkins and QB-Michael Ketchmark returns to lead a potent Wildcat team.
36. Klein Oak - RB's Brown and Stewart will be geared to score some serious points.
37. Flower Mound - Can the new coach make this potent system a contender?
38. Arlington Bowie - They lose a ton, but return plenty - Kris Thigpen, DB-Edwin Freeman just to name a few.
39. Cy Ranch - RB-Keith Ford is All-State caliber and the program is ready for the next step.
40. Tomball - The 2013 class is supposed to be magical, but c/o 2014 stud RB-Xavier Powell may be all-world in 2012.
41. Spring Westfield - The Mustangs return 25 from a special team, most notably is WR/AP-Tevin Lewis.
42. Clear Springs - All-World QB-Zach Cripps returns with a very potent offense, but will the defense arrive in 2012?
43. Round Rock Stony Point - LB-Marcos Curry and QB- will lead a rebounding Tiger program in 2012.
44. Cy Ridge - QB-Darius Crawley and RB-Renderick Childs will lead a big, fast, and physical Ram team in 2012.
45. Garland - The Owls return some serious speed, led by DB-Desmond Mapps and LB/DE-Nick Horton.
46. The Woodlands - QB-Jayme Taylor, RB-Ryan Trauffler, and WR-Houston Brown returns w/ a young, but talented, group.
47. Leander - DE-Michael Epley will lead an always-scrappy Lions team - can they continue to deliver?
48. Tyler Lee - The Red Raiders may be the surprise team of 2012, led by RB-Laquintas Wallace.
49. Lewisville Hebron - Can all-world RB-Dezmond Wortham lead a newly-led Hawks team deep into the playoffs?
50. Cy Fair - They lost a lot, but QB-Logan Taylor and DE-Eric Diaz will return to navigate through a deep Cypress district.
NEXT: Converse Judson, Midland, Temple, Arlington, Pflugerville, South Garland, Port Arthur Memorial, Keller Central, Plano West, San Antonio Wagner, Austin Westlake
1. Kenny Hill (Southlake Carroll)
2. Cody Thomas (Colleyville Heritage)
3. Evin Abbe (Abilene)
4. Baker Mayfield (Lake Travis)
5. David Webb (Keller)
1. Devonte Kincade (Dallas Skyline)
2. Bivins Caraway (Longview)
3. Demun Mercer (Houston Chavez)
4. Damion Hobbs (Cedar Hill)
5. Destri White (Mesquite Horn)
1. Adam Taylor (Katy)
2. Kyle Hicks (Arlington Martin)
3. Marquise Worfard (SA Madison)
4. Justin Stockton (Cibolo Steele)
5. Dezmond Wortham (Lewisville Hebron)
1. Dontre Wilson (Desoto)
2. Laquivonte Gonzalez (Cedar Hill)
3. Kyle Fulks (Katy)
4. Jacorey Warrick (Cy Falls)
5. Rodney Anderson (Katy)
1. Jake Oliver (Dallas Jesuit)
2. Jacorey Warrick (Cy Falls)
3. Rashaad Samples (Dallas Skyline)
4. Mac White (Clear Falls)
5. Austin Bennett (Manvel)
1. Durham Smythe (Belton)
2. Trent Gow (Mansfield)
3. Will Taylor (Euless Trinity)
4. Matt Dimon (Katy)
5. Trevor Nelson (La Porte)
1. Jesse Robinson (L.D. Bell)
2. Kent Perkins (Lake Highlands)
3. Cam Manning (Southlake Carroll)
4. Tristan Nickelson (Clear Falls)
5. Zach Crabtree (Mansfield)
1. Aaron Sowell (Katy)
2. Sergio Phillips (Desoto)
3. Breyun Owens (South Grand Prairie)
4. Travis Romero (Manvel)
5. Maurice Morris (La Porte)
1. Darius James (Killeen Harker Heights/C-OG)
2. Kyle Huffmeister (Alief Elsik/C-OG)
3. Daniel Mafileo (Mesquite/OG-C)
4. Brad North (Allen/OT-OG)
5. Erick Wren (Mesquite Horn/OG-OT)
1. Solomon Thomas (Coppell)
2. Matt Dimon (Katy)
3. Christian LaCouture (A&M Consolidated)
4. Jake McMillon (Abilene)
5. Tyree Gray (Klein Forest)
1. Vincent Taylor (SA Madison)
2. Jacobi Hunter (Cy Falls)
3. Kerrick Huggins (Dallas Skyline)
4. Matthew Romar (PA Memorial)
5. Jawarra Beasley (Clear Falls)
1. Hoza Scott (La Porte)
2. Sammy Douglas (Arlington HS)
3. D.J. Green (Mesquite Horn)
4. Isiah Williams (Dallas Skyline)
5. Josh Price (FB Hightower)
1. Demarkus Lathan (Longview)
2. Jake Blomstrom (Katy)
3. Marcos Curry (RR Stony Point)
4. Taylor Young (Desoto)
5. Cameron Doubenmier (Clear Springs)
1. Will Barrows (Dallas Skyline)
2. Desmond Mapps (Garland)
3. Cedric Collins (Dallas Skyline)
4. Kyle Battle (Belton)
5. Tristan Gilford (IKE)
1. Nick Orr (Desoto)
2. Kelsey Douglas (FB Hightower)
3. Xavier Johnson (Abilene)
4. Erik Huhn (Cibolo Steele)
5. Tanner Jacobson (Southlake Carroll)
1. Drew Brown (Southlake Carroll)
2. Kevin Marcotte (Lake Travis)
3. Michael Barden (Austin Westlake)
4. Ben Grogran (Arlington Martin)
5. Eric Medina (La Porte)
1. Luis Garcia (Lufkin)
2. Mitchell Becker (Clear Creek)
3. Carson Muscat (Clear Falls)
4. Jackson Garrey (Plano East)
5. Josh Cole (Bellaire)
TGO's Pre-Season 1st Team All-State
QB-Kenny Hill (Southlake Carroll)
RB-Adam Taylor (Katy)
RB-Kyle Hicks (Arlington Martin)
WR-Jake Oliver (Dallas Jesuit)
WR-Jacorey Warrick (Cy Falls)
TE-Durham Smythe (Belton)
OT-Jesse Robinson (L.D. Bell)
OT-Kent Perkins (Lake Highlands)
OG-Aaron Sowell (Katy)
OG-Sergio Phillips (Desoto)
OL-Darius James (Killeen Harker Heights)
AP-Dontre Wilson (Desoto)
K-Drew Brown (Southlake Carroll)
DE-Solomon Thomas (Coppell)
DE-Matt Dimon (Katy)
DT-Vincent Taylor (SA Madison)
DT-Jacobi Hunter (Cy Falls)
OLB-Hoza Scott (La Porte)
OLB-Sammy Douglas (Arlington HS)
ILB-Demarkus Lathan (Longview)
CB-Will Barrows (Dallas Skyline)
CB-Desmond Mapps (Garland)
S-Nick Orr (Desoto)
S-Kelsey Douglas (FB Hightower)
P-Luis Garcia (Lufkin)
TGO's Pre-Season 2nd Team All-State
QB-Devonte Kincade (Dallas Skyline)
RB-Marquise Worfard (SA Madison)
RB-Justin Stockton (Cibolo Steele)
WR-Rashaad Samples (Dallas Skyline)
WR-Mac White (Clear Falls)
TE-Trent Gow (Mansfield)
OT-Cam Manning (Southlake Carroll)
OT-Tristan Nickerson (Clear Falls)
OG-Breyun Owens (South Grand Prairie)
OG-Travis Romero (Manvel)
OL-Kyle Huffmeister (Alief Elsik)
AP-Laquivonte Gonzalez (Cedar Hill)
K-Kevin Marcotte (Lake Travis)
DE-Christian LaCouture (A&M Consolidated)
DE-Jake McMillon (Abilene)
DT-Kerrick Huggins (Dallas Skyline)
DT-Matthew Romar (PA Memorial)
OLB-D.J. Green (Mesquite Horn)
OLB-Isiah Williams (Dallas Skyline)
ILB-Jake Blomstrom (Katy)
CB-Cedric Collins (Dallas Skyline)
CB-Kyle Battle (Belton)
S-Xavier Johnson (Abilene)
S-Erik Huhn (Cibolo Steele)
P-Mitchell Becker (Clear Creek)
Region 1 - Euless Trinity
Region 2 - Dallas Skyline
Region 3 - Pearland
Region 4 - San Antonio Madison
Region 1 - Southlake Carroll
Region 2 - Lake Travis
Region 3 - Katy
Region 4 - Cibolo Steele
Division 1 State Title - Dallas Skyline vs Pearland
Division 2 State Title - Southlake Carroll vs Katy
Please let me know where I made any mistakes. There's plenty of time to talk about next season, so there's no need to buy into much of what I have. It's just an idea of what I'm thinking for the '12 season. We have no idea what district's will look like what, nor any schedules that are in stone. Take this for what it is... TGO's opinion - nothing more, nothing less.