Thread: KELLER FOSSIL RIDGE vs FLOWERMOUND MARCUS

Scout Teamer

Default KELLER FOSSIL RIDGE vs FLOWERMOUND MARCUS

SATURDAY 11AM COWBOYS STADIUM

ridge will leave with win 24-17

Default Re: KELLER FOSSIL RIDGE vs FLOWERMOUND MARCUS

Lulz at the name "texass".

Welcome to the board.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by texass View Post
    SATURDAY 11AM COWBOYS STADIUM

ridge will leave with win 24-17
    I just don't see it.
    Last edited by slcdragonfan; 11-08-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Scout Teamer

RIDGE PASSES BUT MAINLY RUNS THE BALL WITH QB AND SOPHMORE runningback ...their offense is deadly the major games they did loose was to
    SOUTHLAKE CARROL bby 2 (calledback td)
    COPPELL by 7 (led the entire game until 2min left in 4th quater)
    DENTON GUYER by 10

there team has athletes and will be a great game

Massey says LINK

FM Marcus: 40
    Fossil Ridge: 24

Sounds about right.
    Allen Eagles
    2008, 2012 & 2013 5A Div. I State Champions

2001, 2003-04, 2006-2013 District Champions & Plano City Champs

All-District

Coppell beat Ridge with a 3rd team QB... Erwin will make it as bad as he wants

Marcus - 52
    Ridge -20

Quote Originally Posted by rhpride View Post
    Coppell beat Ridge with a 3rd team QB... Erwin will make it as bad as he wants

Marcus - 52
    Ridge -20
    I heard he was a pretty darn good QB, no matter what deph on the players chart he was, Coppell was a good team, just had some bad things happen, they will be back. KFR must stop the run attack, and their offense must score to hang in it, Ill be supporting my Dragons though so I wont be there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by texaz View Post
    RIDGE PASSES BUT MAINLY RUNS THE BALL WITH QB AND SOPHMORE runningback ...their offense is deadly the major games they did loose was to
    DENTON GUYER by 10

FTR, they lost to Guyer by 20 and it wasn't even that close. Game was over in the 3rd qtr, but keep hoping and believing that they can beat Marcus, it ain't gonna happen. Guyer played 2d and 3d stringers after the first possession of the 3d qtr. and were leading 41-0.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatWarrior View Post
    FTR, they lost to Guyer by 20 and it wasn't even that close. Game was over in the 3rd qtr, but keep hoping and believing that they can beat Marcus, it ain't gonna happen. Guyer played 2d and 3d stringers after the first possession of the 3d qtr. and were leading 41-0.

good point

All-World

I will have to pick Marcus (homer choice I know). I am sure both teams will come to play, our secondary has struggled on covering the pass consistently.. so the KFR O will be a challenge for us.
    FOF

Go MARCUS!

Quote Originally Posted by marcusdrillmom View Post
    I will have to pick Marcus (homer choice I know). I am sure both teams will come to play, our secondary has struggled on covering the pass consistently.. so the KFR O will be a challenge for us.
    I think MARCUSMOM is being humble. I am glad Marcus beat Hebron because Guyer escaped with an improbable win last year at Marcus and I believe Marcus is better this year then last and me as a Guyer fan did not want to have anything to do with Marcus in the first round of the playoffs.

Even though Guyer was a state finalist last year the best team we beat to get there was Marcus in the first round.

I don't think this game will be close. Guyer had 196 yds rushing and 7 ypc against KFR and Marcus had 3 100 yd rushers against Allen and you think that if you couldn't stop Guyer you could stop Marcus. Guyer's starting RB had 135 yds and sat out the 2d half and still averaged 13.5 ypc. After the first possession of the 3rd qtr Guyer was leading 41-0.

Sorry I just don't see KFR beating Marcus, I could be wrong and I will take my lumps here if they upset Marcus. All of this is IMHO.

All-World

I think MARCUSMOM is being humble. I am glad Marcus beat Hebron because Guyer escaped with an improbable win last year at Marcus and I believe Marcus is better this year then last and me as a Guyer fan did not want to have anything to do with Marcus in the first round of the playoffs.

Even though Guyer was a state finalist last year the best team we beat to get there was Marcus in the first round.

I don't think this game will be close. Guyer had 196 yds rushing and 7 ypc against KFR and Marcus had 3 100 yd rushers against Allen and you think that if you couldn't stop Guyer you could stop Marcus. Guyer's starting RB had 135 yds and sat out the 2d half and still averaged 13.5 ypc. After the first possession of the 3rd qtr Guyer was leading 41-0.

Sorry I just don't see KFR beating Marcus, I could be wrong and I will take my lumps here if they upset Marcus. All of this is IMHO.
    Thank you for the encouraging words...Last year's playoff loss is still a hard one to think about. But the best team that day won for sure. Your D line was there when it needed to be and were flat out stronger then our Oline could handle!

This weekend I think Guyer v Hebron will be a great game... really a toss up on who wins I think
    FOF

Go MARCUS!

Thank you for the encouraging words...Last year's playoff loss is still a hard one to think about. But the best team that day won for sure. Your D line was there when it needed to be and were flat out stronger then our Oline could handle!

This weekend I think Guyer v Hebron will be a great game... really a toss up on who wins I think
    How Guyer stopped Rufus Mason on 3 straight carries from the 1 is still hard to fathom. I believe Guyer was the only team to not allow a 100 yd rusher up until the state finals when Guyer actually held Malcolm Brown to 109 yds in the championship game.

Guyer's defense was still the best in 7-5A this year and with a soph QB our defense will need to step up against Hebron. From everything I have heard about Hebron it appears that of all the Saturday games this one shall be the closest and most competitive.

My question to you since you might be familiar with Hebron is Guyer's is not that much different from last year except at the QB position where we have a younger QB. Walsh was more difficult to defend then Heard may be because of experience. Heard is also a duel threat and Guyer's defense is almost as good as last year.

If I asked you to compare Hebron this year playing against a similar Guyer team from last year who would you pick based on what you know and have seen?

All-District

They lost to guyer by 20 and it wasnt even that close. guyer was up 41-0 at one point and ridge atleast 2 tds against guyers subs

Quote Originally Posted by texaz View Post
    DENTON GUYER by 10

Do you know who I used to be????

All-World

How Guyer stopped Rufus Mason on 3 straight carries from the 1 is still hard to fathom. I believe Guyer was the only team to not allow a 100 yd rusher up until the state finals when Guyer actually held Malcolm Brown to 109 yds in the championship game.

Guyer's defense was still the best in 7-5A this year and with a soph QB our defense will need to step up against Hebron. From everything I have heard about Hebron it appears that of all the Saturday games this one shall be the closest and most competitive.

My question to you since you might be familiar with Hebron is Guyer's is not that much different from last year except at the QB position where we have a younger QB. Walsh was more difficult to defend then Heard may be because of experience. Heard is also a duel threat and Guyer's defense is almost as good as last year.

If I asked you to compare Hebron this year playing against a similar Guyer team from last year who would you pick based on what you know and have seen?
    Truthfully I thinkg Guyer might have the edge. Hebron has a good pass defense, but had some trouble stopping the run. If you have a decent RB I think you can run on them. Marcus had some success on short passes to the sides as well... I have to stress the word some...
    Hebron will be a good match up for Guyer, I plan on staying for this game for sure.
    FOF

Go MARCUS!

Truthfully I thinkg Guyer might have the edge. Hebron has a good pass defense, but had some trouble stopping the run. If you have a decent RB I think you can run on them. Marcus had some success on short passes to the sides as well... I have to stress the word some...
    Hebron will be a good match up for Guyer, I plan on staying for this game for sure.
    I agree, Guyer has the edge.... Gonna be a good one though

Ok I have to say there is only 1 number 11 named Smiley and he plays at Marcus so i think Hebron will at least have a chance this week. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RAN1W2K View Post
    Ok I have to say there is only 1 number 11 named Smiley and he plays at Marcus so i think Hebron will at least have a chance this week. LOL
    Explain to me what you think or know Hebron's strengths and possible weaknesses are and what are your keys to beating Guyer on Saturday.

What scares you about Guyer if you are familiar with them and what should worry Guyer about Hebron?

Southlake - I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could!

Explain to me what you think or know Hebron's strengths and possible weaknesses are and what are your keys to beating Guyer on Saturday.

What scares you about Guyer if you are familiar with them and what should worry Guyer about Hebron?
    I know you didn't ask me but Walsh will not be the only coaching/motivational genius head coach on the field for a change. Both teams have young talent. Hebron might be a step faster. If the sophomore QB makes good decisions, Guyer wins.
    PROTECT THE TRADITION

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFan0316 View Post
    I know you didn't ask me but Walsh will not be the only coaching/motivational genius head coach on the field for a change. Both teams have young talent. Hebron might be a step faster. If the sophomore QB makes good decisions, Guyer wins.
    Wait I am still looking for the part of my post where I said Walsh will be the only motivational genius head coach. I'll get back to you when I find it.