70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Southlake Carroll

51 72.86%
  • Plano East

19 27.14%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1: Southlake Carroll vs. Plano East

Default Round 1: Southlake Carroll vs. Plano East

There's been some discussion elsewhere but let's focus it here. Plano East gave a very good scare and a good accounting of themselves against Allen. They have some speed for sure. What are the strengths/weaknesses of each, who do you think will win, and why.

By the way, this is Coach Wasson's first 10-0 season, and from what I can see, he wants to make a mark this year. Southlake responded very well against Guyer.
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Default Re: Round 1: Southlake Carroll vs. Plano East

If the team that played Guyer last night shows up and is prepared to battle....we have a pretty good chance for a pretty good outcome. Am hearing some trash talk already.....so, could be an interesting week. Need to a little background work on PESH before I am able to parse on different sterngths etc.

Just out of curiousity - when was the last time SLC went 10-0? Was it by chance the last time SLC went Div 1?

Quote Originally Posted by dragnmom View Post
    If the team that played Guyer last night shows up and is prepared to battle....we have a pretty good chance for a pretty good outcome. Am hearing some trash talk already.....so, could be an interesting week. Need to a little background work on PESH before I am able to parse on different sterngths etc.

Just out of curiousity - when was the last time SLC went 10-0? Was it by chance the last time SLC went Div 1?
    Good catch, and you are correct dragnmom, 2006 was our last DI visit. Know what we did then?
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Good catch, and you are correct dragnmom, 2006 was our last DI visit. Know what we did then?
    Yeah and I am hoping for a repeat.

Yeah and I am hoping for a repeat.
    I began to believe it was possible last Friday night. But Plano East is just the type of team we must watch out for.

Cool Re: Round 1: Southlake Carroll vs. Plano East

Was it perhaps the last time they won a title? Was it perhaps 2006? Is 10 games the longest win streak since 2006? Actually, I think they didn't lose a game between MNW and Abe.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    Was it perhaps the last time they won a title? Was it perhaps 2006? Is 10 games the longest win streak since 2006? Actually, I think they didn't lose a game between MNW and Abe.
    First time to go 10-0 since 2006 in the regular season, and first time for Coach Wasson to go 10-0 in the regular season in his coaching career, he said so on the post-game radio show.

I began to believe it was possible last Friday night. But Plano East is just the type of team we must watch out for.
    Agreed - I think the biggest danger we have is over-confidence - we had a really good game last night and yet - there is still room for continuous improvement. If we make those adjustments each week - even in the loaded region we are in, we should be fine.

I am hopeful that Plano East will think that 7-5A is a "weak district" and practice accordingly - make no mistake - we will have our hands full - but I am now more confident that we can also dish.

Oooooh, yes, but tell us anyway. I never get tired of hearing it. Better yet, remind our players what happened that year!
    Sarchasm: The gulf that exists between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

[QUOTE=slcdragonfan;1874115]I began to believe it was possible last Friday night. But Plano East is just the type of team we must watch out for.[/QUOTE]

Actually - at this point we have to watch out for every team we play!

The Dragons are already 2-0 against PE and will be 3-0 after next weekend.
    Last edited by toonman; 11-05-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling

All-District

i remember very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGnR4k48Djo
    T's uP

Here's hoping some Plano East folks come onboard and post. PE has performed well to close the season.

Here is PE's record:

@ Arlington
    49 - 42
    Loss

@ Naaman Forest
    45 - 27
    Win

Keller
    45 - 16
    Win

Marcus
    20 - 10
    Loss

Plano West
    44 - 36
    Loss

Allen
    41 - 38
    Loss

@ Hebron
    20 - 17
    Win

Flower Mound
    49 - 28
    Win

Plano
    28 - 24
    Win

Lewisville
    52 - 28
    Win

Finished strong, win over Hebron was good, loss to Arlington first game of the season was by only 7, we all know they played Allen close, and look at their win over Keller as contrasted with the Southlake win.

I would like to know more about the individual players if anyone has info...

On paper, they seem like a dangerous team. Is Ringo the HC? I think that's Pants' favorite coach, right?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    On paper, they seem like a dangerous team. Is Ringo the HC? I think that's Pants' favorite coach, right?
    yes, yes, and maybe....he has some love for Peach and Fuller as well.

Also, I'll be at this game and hope to see some of you guys there!

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Also, I'll be at this game and hope to see some of you guys there!
    I'm still torn between a high school reunion (paid for) or this. I am leaning towards this.

I'm still torn between a high school reunion (paid for) or this. I am leaning towards this.
    Believe the game will be alot more fun . . . 'specially with a win for SLC. I love my Plano teams but SLC is #2 to Trinity in my book (fan-wise anyway), so I'm saying SLC has all that it takes to get this one and go deep into November/ December if not win it all.
    "I don't shoot to kill. I want a silver bullet to be a symbol of justice." "Hi-ho, Silver, away!!!"

yes, yes, and maybe....he has some love for Peach and Fuller as well.
    Scott Peach is at the bottom or top depending on how you want to look at it.

Fuller and Ringo are supposedly nice guys but I just do not think they have the coaching chops.

Both have been/are at schools with talent and continue to under achieve. Just MO. Both were at Coppell and you have seen what McBride can do over there. I know this year was kind of a mess but he is building a program over there and that takes a little time.

And just think it is possible we have a Trinity 13-0 vs Southlake 13-0 match up at uhhhh Jerry World (Maybe?) in about 3 weeks or so!!?? With emphasis onthe MAYBE.
    "I don't shoot to kill. I want a silver bullet to be a symbol of justice." "Hi-ho, Silver, away!!!"