Thread: Goodbye DoubleWide

Default Goodbye DoubleWide

Tonight is the last varsity football game to be played in the ol' Allen Eagle Stadium, AKA the Double Wide. Should be very nostalgic for many of us oldtimers who remember when that stadium seemed huge (for a 3A school). ::sniff sniff::

All-World

Default Re: Goodbye DoubleWide

Quote Originally Posted by MoAHS1979 View Post
    Tonight is the last varsity football game to be played in the ol' Allen Eagle Stadium, AKA the Double Wide. Should be very nostalgic for many of us oldtimers who remember when that stadium seemed huge (for a 3A school). ::sniff sniff::
    Ya' know, there are some schools that do not even have their own home stadium.

For example, the defending Class 5A D2 State Champions, Cibolo Steele does not have a true "home" stadium.

In fact, Steele plays their "home" games on the campus of another high school in a neighboring city.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue White Helicopter View Post
    Ya' know, there are some schools that do not even have their own home stadium.

For example, the defending Class 5A D2 State Champions, Cibolo Steele does not have a true "home" stadium.

In fact, Steele plays their "home" games on the campus of another high school in a neighboring city.
    Happens all the time in multi-school districts.

Well it was good to close out with a win. I will cherish the memories that she gave us. Two cool things tonight: the progam listing the records of Allen since play started there in 1976 and the guy who threw the last TD at the old,old stadium who was also the first guy to throw one in Eagle Stadium particapated in the coin toss. I had to leave before the end to go to work, so I missed the after game pep rally.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE BEBC...SQUIGGLES!!!!!
    STATE CHAMPS 2008, 2012, & 2013........

My first year as a Tallenette was the year we opened that stadium (76-77). I knew all four of those guys on the front of the special program. It was a great sendoff!

Ironically, my daughter is trying out for Tallenettes this spring, so if she makes it, she will open the new stadium in 2012 just as I opened the old one in 1976.