• AMC @ Belton

7 43.75%
  • Bryan @ Temple

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: District 12-5A Week 10 Games and GOTW Poll

All-World

Default District 12-5A Week 10 Games and GOTW Poll

I can't believe this is the final week of the regular season, time sure passes by quickly, but then again I have not been practicing in the hot sun since August. So here are the games for this week and my picks:

Thursday:
    Copperas Cove @ Harker Heights: COVE, the Dawgs have already secured the #1 Seed in DII playoffs from Distirct 12 and they want to claim the outright District Championship that has eluded them the past few years. I know Heights will put their best effort forward in an attempt to stop the Dawgs, but I see the Dawgs as being very focused on winning this game. Dawgs win 34-21.

Friday:
    Ellison VS Shoemaker: SHOEMAKER, I thought the Wolves would win this game easily but after their performance agaisnt Cove last Friday I don't think it will be a cake walk for them. However they do the ability to play better than demonstated in their last outing. But Ellison showed they also have the potential to win in their game against Temple. I still think the Wolves will win this game 14-7. Not my pick for game of the week but a close second.

AMC @ Belton: AMC, the #1 seed from our district in the Division I playoffs is at stake, the winner of this game gets to face Mesquite the loser gets to face De Soto in the Bi-District playoffs. Great rewards for the victor. I see AMC winning 28-21. This is my pick for GOTW.

Bryan @ Temple: TEMPLE, the Cats are already in the playoffs and will face Longview. Bryan seems to be playing far below what was expected of this, Temple wins this game 35-14.

Its been fun watching and posting with the fans from District 12 5a, if your team is not in the playoffs stay on and support those 4 teams that are representing the district.
    "Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"? Mark Twain

All-World

Default Re: District 12-5A Week 10 Games and GOTW Poll

It's hard to believe no comments in a day and half from our district posters.
    "Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"? Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by covedawgfan View Post
    I can't believe this is the final week of the regular season, time sure passes by quickly, but then again I have not been practicing in the hot sun since August. So here are the games for this week and my picks:

Thursday:
    Copperas Cove @ Harker Heights: COVE, the Dawgs have already secured the #1 Seed in DII playoffs from Distirct 12 and they want to claim the outright District Championship that has eluded them the past few years. I know Heights will put their best effort forward in an attempt to stop the Dawgs, but I see the Dawgs as being very focused on winning this game. Dawgs win 34-21.

Friday:
    Ellison VS Shoemaker: SHOEMAKER, I thought the Wolves would win this game easily but after their performance agaisnt Cove last Friday I don't think it will be a cake walk for them. However they do the ability to play better than demonstated in their last outing. But Ellison showed they also have the potential to win in their game against Temple. I still think the Wolves will win this game 14-7. Not my pick for game of the week but a close second.

AMC @ Belton: AMC, the #1 seed from our district in the Division I playoffs is at stake, the winner of this game gets to face Mesquite the loser gets to face De Soto in the Bi-District playoffs. Great rewards for the victor. I see AMC winning 28-21. This is my pick for GOTW.

Bryan @ Temple: TEMPLE, the Cats are already in the playoffs and will face Longview. Bryan seems to be playing far below what was expected of this, Temple wins this game 35-14.

Its been fun watching and posting with the fans from District 12 5a, if your team is not in the playoffs stay on and support those 4 teams that are representing the district.
    Remember I warned some of you guys that we would finish 4-6 with no playoffs after the loss to consol. Mann Im good. The 4 teams have my support as of now!
    Bryan
    Vikes!
    2013......Lets GO!!!

Scout Teamer

Cove @ Heights : 49-21 Cove easily gets ready to BEAT Horn
    Ellison vs Shoemaker: 27-13 The streak gets broken!
    AMC @ Belton: 35-31 GOTW playoff seed on the line!
    Bryan @ Temple: 42-17 Temple prepares for Longview

Good Luck All

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by BeltonTigerFan55 View Post
    Cove @ Heights : 49-21 Cove easily gets ready to BEAT Horn
    Ellison vs Shoemaker: 27-13 The streak gets broken!
    AMC @ Belton: 35-31 GOTW playoff seed on the line!
    Bryan @ Temple: 42-17 Temple prepares for Longview

Good Luck All

very important game for belton, win you play mesquite, lose and you play Desoto. Good luck Belton from your friendly rival across the river. Consolidated is a strong team, no doubt, but you can get it done

Thank Cory.

Cove @ Heights
    Ellison vs Shoemaker
    AMC @ Belton
    Bryan @ Temple

All-State

ACM AT Belton

No doubt the GOTW in 12-5A.
    Consol got a little wake up the last few weeks with the close loss to Cove and the extremely poor first half against Harker Heights. Really question the decision of the ACM Coaches to try and make something happen before the half. Consol was doing nothing offensively and with 40 something seconds to go and 80 yards from the endzone in a tie game they push the issue even further and wind up allowing Heights defense to score 14 points in the final 40 seconds. At home and getting the ball after the break...get into the locker rooms and make adjustments. Instead they go in down 20-6. Luckily the kids resoponded and played a great 2nd half to get the win.
    The RB White for Consol is a real talent...I look for Consol to really go to the ground against Belton as the passing game has lead to turnovers the last few weeks. The QB Browowski? is also a much better threat running than he his throwing. I think (hope) the Consol coaches are going to want to slow down the game and keep the Belton offense and the crowd out of the game.
    This game is huge...I have seen both Desoto and Mesquite play...theyre not even close. I believe both Consol and Belton can beat Mesquite and neither would have a chance against Desoto...not many teams in the state would.

Congratulations though to A&M Consolidated, Belton, Copperas Cove and Temple on the postseason. Best of luck to all!

Scout Teamer

Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    acm at belton

no doubt the gotw in 12-5a.
    Consol got a little wake up the last few weeks with the close loss to cove and the extremely poor first half against harker heights. Really question the decision of the acm coaches to try and make something happen before the half. Consol was doing nothing offensively and with 40 something seconds to go and 80 yards from the endzone in a tie game they push the issue even further and wind up allowing heights defense to score 14 points in the final 40 seconds. At home and getting the ball after the break...get into the locker rooms and make adjustments. Instead they go in down 20-6. Luckily the kids resoponded and played a great 2nd half to get the win.
    The rb white for consol is a real talent...i look for consol to really go to the ground against belton as the passing game has lead to turnovers the last few weeks. The qb browowski? Is also a much better threat running than he his throwing. I think (hope) the consol coaches are going to want to slow down the game and keep the belton offense and the crowd out of the game.
    This game is huge...i have seen both desoto and mesquite play...theyre not even close. I believe both consol and belton can beat mesquite and neither would have a chance against desoto...not many teams in the state would.

Congratulations though to a&m consolidated, belton, copperas cove and temple on the postseason. Best of luck to all!
    +1

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    ACM AT Belton

No doubt the GOTW in 12-5A.
    Consol got a little wake up the last few weeks with the close loss to Cove and the extremely poor first half against Harker Heights. Really question the decision of the ACM Coaches to try and make something happen before the half. Consol was doing nothing offensively and with 40 something seconds to go and 80 yards from the endzone in a tie game they push the issue even further and wind up allowing Heights defense to score 14 points in the final 40 seconds. At home and getting the ball after the break...get into the locker rooms and make adjustments. Instead they go in down 20-6. Luckily the kids resoponded and played a great 2nd half to get the win.
    The RB White for Consol is a real talent...I look for Consol to really go to the ground against Belton as the passing game has lead to turnovers the last few weeks. The QB Browowski? is also a much better threat running than he his throwing. I think (hope) the Consol coaches are going to want to slow down the game and keep the Belton offense and the crowd out of the game.
    This game is huge...I have seen both Desoto and Mesquite play...theyre not even close. I believe both Consol and Belton can beat Mesquite and neither would have a chance against Desoto...not many teams in the state would.

Congratulations though to A&M Consolidated, Belton, Copperas Cove and Temple on the postseason. Best of luck to all!

Good post. I agree with your comments

Scout Teamer

Cool Re: District 12-5A Week 10 Games and GOTW Poll

I'm looking forward too see our group play 11-5A

Best to luck to everyone of ours kids and how much hard work pays off for em.

cove +4
    A&m consol +3
    Temple +2
    belton+1
    WILDCATS NATION

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by wildcats32 View Post
    I'm looking forward too see our group play 11-5A

Best to luck to everyone of ours kids and how much hard work pays off for em.

cove +4
    A&m consol +3
    Temple +2
    belton+1
    And we wish the best for your team also.

Scout Teamer

And we wish the best for your team also.

Same to yall we need to flip this thing around and show em what 12-5A all bout!!!!!!!!!!
    WILDCATS NATION

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by wildcats32 View Post
    Same to yall we need to flip this thing around and show em what 12-5A all bout!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed! Last year we went 1-4 against 11 5A, with only AMC winning. We really need to do better than that. Best wishes to all the playoff teams from our district this year.

Thursday:

Friday:

Copperas Cove @ Harker Heights (Thursday): I think the Knights come to play & want that upset to finish over .500, but Cove should be too much in the end..good game here & it won't be easy.

Ellison vs Shoemaker: Yes the Wolves came out flat vs Cove but I think you'll see a very angry & determined Grey Wolf effort here. It's a rivalry game here so throw the records out the door or so the cliche says, but this game is important to both teams. Ellison was surprising last week against Temple with the wildcat but I feel the Wolves D will be ready for it beccause they practice against it! Bottom line; I think Ellison wants the W, but Shoemaker needs it, & if they play like they did against Bryan, Belton, & Temple they should get the W & break that doggone L streak once & for all.

AMC @ Belton: Another good one here, Consol is on a roll, I think they win this one & take the D-1 #1 seed.

Bryan @ Temple: Wildcats gear up for the playoffs & get their offense together with a big win against the reeling Vikings.

Last week of the regular season, let's do it right! Best of luck to all teams this week & also to those in the playoffs.

All-World

I really thought that this week's game would bring the AMC and Belton Posters out of the woods to talk this Game of the Week. This game will be a barn burner. Belton has had difficllty stoping a good ground game, IE Temple and Cove. But I think Belton's passing attack will really test AMC defensive backs. In fact, I am going to change my pick for this game, I am going with Belton to win 28-21, this is the first time I've switched predictions but I think Belton will win this game and get the #1 seed from our district in DI.

All-State

I agree the Belton offense will test Consols D..but I think ACM has been playing very well on the defensive side of the ball and they look to be improving each week. They had to come up huge last week against Heights as the Heights Defense scored 14 points as mentioned earlier. I was able to attend ACM-Heights game last week as I was in College Station for the Aggie game...and the 2nd half they played really well. The offensive line for Heights was big and talented...ACM was getting penetration all night and that ended up being the difference in the game. Consol has a DE that is a move in from Odessa Permian that is a Junior and has verbally committed to Texas A&M. Do not know his name and can’t remember his number...have to look it up and get back...but he is an absolute force in the trenches. Yes HH scored 23 but the D let up only 9. Against Belton I would look for a relentless pass rush from Consol.
    I was very impressed with Consol holding Cove to a season low 23 points...especially at home where they were averaging 57 points...including hanging 37 on Belton. Both teams shut out Ellison, pretty much the same on Bryan (Consol 21, Belton 17) Consol a TD better against Temple (30-23) and consol shuts out Shoemaker and Belton lets up 21. To me the numbers against Cove and Shoemaker make me wonder if the Belton Offense can score enough on the ACM D...but this is definitely not a numbers game and should be a great game in Belton. I’m not sure who’s going to win but 28 points gets it done.
    My question is...what happen to the Belton offense against Temple....8 points?!?!? I understand is a rivalry and everything gets thrown out the window and all that stuff....but with all the numbers to look at that one is the most staggering by far. Temples Defense has given up a ton of points all year.

All-World

I agree the Belton offense will test Consols D..but I think ACM has been playing very well on the defensive side of the ball and they look to be improving each week. They had to come up huge last week against Heights as the Heights Defense scored 14 points as mentioned earlier. I was able to attend ACM-Heights game last week as I was in College Station for the Aggie game...and the 2nd half they played really well. The offensive line for Heights was big and talented...ACM was getting penetration all night and that ended up being the difference in the game. Consol has a DE that is a move in from Odessa Permian that is a Junior and has verbally committed to Texas A&M. Do not know his name and canít remember his number...have to look it up and get back...but he is an absolute force in the trenches. Yes HH scored 23 but the D let up only 9. Against Belton I would look for a relentless pass rush from Consol.
    I was very impressed with Consol holding Cove to a season low 23 points...especially at home where they were averaging 57 points...including hanging 37 on Belton. Both teams shut out Ellison, pretty much the same on Bryan (Consol 21, Belton 17) Consol a TD better against Temple (30-23) and consol shuts out Shoemaker and Belton lets up 21. To me the numbers against Cove and Shoemaker make me wonder if the Belton Offense can score enough on the ACM D...but this is definitely not a numbers game and should be a great game in Belton. Iím not sure whoís going to win but 28 points gets it done.
    My question is...what happen to the Belton offense against Temple....8 points?!?!? I understand is a rivalry and everything gets thrown out the window and all that stuff....but with all the numbers to look at that one is the most staggering by far. Temples Defense has given up a ton of points all year.
    Thanks for the info, I may have to change my mind again. Your question highlighted is a good quesion, I would like to hear some reply also.

My question is...what happen to the Belton offense against Temple....8 points?!?!?
    Temple played a great game. Belton never seemed to get on track until the second half. Temple came out fired up and ready to play. They also seemed more prepared and better coached. In the 3rd qtr Belton seemed to score and the refs called it a fumble. If they would have gotten that score and the 2 point conversion Belton still trails 23-16. So could they have scored again? Belton didn't so at this point all you can say is they still came up short.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeltonTi...11/XNswAs6vv8U at the 3:30 point in this video you can decide for yourself. This is in no way a knock on Temple or an excuse Temple played great and Belton lost.

Against Shoe, I feel that the Belton players slept walked the entire first 3qtrs. There was no life in the team. When they finally decided to play they scored enough points in the 4th to tie the game. Thats just my opinion. Shoe played as great game and deserved to win. Belton got lucky to get the win. At this point in the season I will take that win. But, it was hard to see the Wolves lose a game that they could have won.

Against Bryan: Belton played hard from the start. Made plays when they needed to. Once the game was tied at 10 Belton went for the onside and got it. They scored twice more and took a 24-10 half time lead. In the second half with the score 32-10 Bryan scored on a very nice long play and made the score 32-17. The very next play for Belton was a 50 yard run play from Williams to put the Tigers back up 39-17 and out of reach for Bryan. So, if Belton comes to play this friday, and I think they will, we got a chance. I don't see the Belton team taking A&M lightly when they are more then capable of blowing Belton out.
    Last edited by BeltonTigerFan; 11-02-2011 at 12:24 PM.

All-World

I agree the Belton offense will test Consols D..but I think ACM has been playing very well on the defensive side of the ball and they look to be improving each week. They had to come up huge last week against Heights as the Heights Defense scored 14 points as mentioned earlier. I was able to attend ACM-Heights game last week as I was in College Station for the Aggie game...and the 2nd half they played really well. The offensive line for Heights was big and talented...ACM was getting penetration all night and that ended up being the difference in the game. Consol has a DE that is a move in from Odessa Permian that is a Junior and has verbally committed to Texas A&M. Do not know his name and canít remember his number...have to look it up and get back...but he is an absolute force in the trenches. Yes HH scored 23 but the D let up only 9. Against Belton I would look for a relentless pass rush from Consol.
    I was very impressed with Consol holding Cove to a season low 23 points...especially at home where they were averaging 57 points...including hanging 37 on Belton. Both teams shut out Ellison, pretty much the same on Bryan (Consol 21, Belton 17) Consol a TD better against Temple (30-23) and consol shuts out Shoemaker and Belton lets up 21. To me the numbers against Cove and Shoemaker make me wonder if the Belton Offense can score enough on the ACM D...but this is definitely not a numbers game and should be a great game in Belton. Iím not sure whoís going to win but 28 points gets it done.

Temple had consolidated down 30-27 with a couple of minutes left in the game, and couldn't hang on. temple's defense has gotten better every week. They had heights at 16 points with 6 minutes left in the game. All hell broke out. If it hadn't been for our defense against shoemaker and ellison we would of lost. Our offense has been struggling with putting the ball in the endzone lately. our defense has had trouble stopping the wildcat, but made the stops when they had to

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by BeltonTigerFan View Post
    Temple played a great game. Belton never seemed to get on track until the second half. Temple came out fired up and ready to play. They also seemed more prepared and better coached. In the 3rd qtr Belton seemed to score and the refs called it a fumble. If they would have gotten that score and the 2 point conversion Belton still trails 23-16. So could they have scored again? Belton didn't so at this point all you can say is they still came up short.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeltonTi...11/XNswAs6vv8U at the 3:30 point in this video you can decide for yourself. This is in no way a knock on Temple or an excuse Temple played great and Belton lost.

Against Shoe, I feel that the Belton players slept walked the entire first 3qtrs. There was no life in the team. When they finally decided to play they scored enough points in the 4th to tie the game. Thats just my opinion. Shoe played as great game and deserved to win. Belton got lucky to get the win. At this point in the season I will take that win. But, it was hard to see the Wolves lose a game that they could have won.

Against Bryan: Belton played hard from the start. Made plays when they needed to. Once the game was tied at 10 Belton went for the onside and got it. They scored twice more and took a 24-10 half time lead. In the second half with the score 32-10 Bryan scored on a very nice long play and made the score 32-17. The very next play for Belton was a 50 yard run play from Williams to put the Tigers back up 39-17 and out of reach for Bryan. So, if Belton comes to play this friday, and I think they will, we got a chance. I don't see the Belton team taking A&M lightly when they are more then capable of blowing Belton out.

Ya. That was a bad call, among many, and some no calls. That should of been a belton touchdown or at least on the half yard line. The ref was right there, also I thought when Temple drove down first possession of the 2nd half. I thought allen got in when he dove, but they said he didn't. The next play allen fumbled on the one yard line. If he holds on like he should of, score would of been 30-8 at that time,but that is how it goes sometimes, I guess. That belton call was terrible though.Should of been belton's ball or a touchdown. It was close,but should of never been given to temple