Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 291

Thread: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

  1. #1
    All-Interweb BlakeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Having a very quiet but super efficient year.

    24 passing TDs
    5 Rushing TDs
    1391 passing yards
    0 Turnovers

    I can't find a fumbles lost stat on him, but off of memory I can't recall a fumble lost to the other team by Haack. I may be a little biased, but I think Louisiana Lafayette found themselves a gem.


  2. #2
    All-World tigerfan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    1,842

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    I could be wrong, but 1 fumble on a sack.

  3. #3
    All-World xray10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    katy
    Posts
    1,490

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    I could be wrong, but 1 fumble on a sack.

    you would be correct...

  4. #4
    All-District 07KTsmitty74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Katy/SFA
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    ULL did find a gem. I thought he was going to TCU? It really disturbs me he is wasting his talent and going to ULL


  5. #5
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    KATY NATION
    Posts
    232

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    i think if he does well in the playoffs, things will change. remeber what happened to the oilers last year. half the team achieved scholarships after winning in dallas that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

  6. #6
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by 07KTsmitty74 View Post
    ULL did find a gem. I thought he was going to TCU? It really disturbs me he is wasting his talent and going to ULL
    His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele.

  7. #7
    All-Universe Dawg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    La Porte
    Posts
    9,976

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele.
    I guess I don't see how you can dispute his numbers regardless of competition. I've only seen him in person once this year (against NS--who I consider to usually have a pretty good D), but, the young man is a talent. Personally, I'd take him over MD for a "true" QB any day.
    GO DAWGS!

  8. #8
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    I guess I don't see how you can dispute his numbers regardless of competition. I've only seen him in person once this year, but, the young man is a talent. Personally, I'd take him over MD for a "true" QB any day.
    I'm not disputing the numbers nor marginalizing his performance. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a College recruiter. Not that I necessarily know what that is. Our qb has put up monster numbers this year and can only imagine what it would have been playing in 19-5a and playing that pre district schedule.

  9. #9
    All-Universe Dawg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    La Porte
    Posts
    9,976

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    I'm not disputing the numbers nor marginalizing his performance. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a College recruiter. Not that I necessarily know what that is. Our qb has put up monster numbers this year and can only imagine what it would have been playing in 19-5a and playing that pre district schedule.
    Sorry...
    When mentioning "supposed" competition, it sounded to me like a marginalization of his talents.

    I'm not a guru, but I'll place below those that have stood out to me above others--and that I've seen:
    1. Haack (Katy) - Good size, arm strength, pocket presence, & overall FB IQ
    2. Rainer (Deer Park) - see above. IMO, could be plug-n-play for Haack, but, I'd give the edge to Haack for running skills as differentiator.
    3. Hurts (Channelview) - Would be great for a run-n-gun offense like UH, Hawaii, etc.
    4. Davis (Klein Forest) - Great kid, but, I'd use him at WR.

    Remember, there are other good QB's I'm sure, but I'm naming those I've seen and stuck out to me.
    GO DAWGS!

  10. #10
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sugarland, TX
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    QB Kyle Coulter (6'6") from FB Travis is also very talented. He sat out the two past games due to a concussion.
    "Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority." - Vince Lombardi

    23-5A

    Austin. Bush. Clements. Dulles.Elkins. Hightower. Kempner. Marshall. Travis. Willowridge.

  11. #11
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mong Hu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    4,295

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele.
    Alief Taylor - 12.3 pts/game 7th best D in state
    Houston Memorial - 15.6 pts/game 28th in state
    North Shore - 15 pts/game 21st in state
    Westbrook - 18.4 pts/game 48th in state
    Seven Lakes - 19.9 pts/game 55th in state

    Haack has lead an offense that has put up 31,45,34,42, and 46 points on these teams respectively. In other words against teams that average giving up 16.2 points per game the Haack lead Katy offense has averaged putting up 39.6 points. Please explain how these five defenses might be considered substandard in your opinion.
    Paratus Pro Victoria(Preparation before Victory)

  12. #12
    All-Universe ray1301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sealy
    Posts
    6,883

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    His problem is he's played sub standard defenses all year. And I mean every single team. So it's difficult to guage how he'll perform against better competition let alone at the next level. First quality team he'll play all year will probably be Cibolo Steele.
    And y'all have played what defensive power-houses?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

    There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

  13. #13
    Scout Teamer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Katy, Texas USA
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    I follow this board on a regular basis, but this is only my second post. I am so sick and tired of every thread turning into "Katy never plays anybody."
    We get it, every team in the Greater Houston area sucks compared to the big bad North Texas powerhouses. Fine.

    Brooks is as solid of a High School QB as Katy has ever had. I have been to just about every Katy game since the late 80's and I have never seen a passing game as effective as what we have this year. I realize this is out of necessity due to injuries, but you have to give the kid credit. He has a strong arm, he is mobile, and he handles the ball very well. He is smart and makes good decisions. He has perfomed well against some good defensive teams. Yes, We actually play DEFENSE down here in South Texas.

    I expect to see him go somewhere other than ULL. It would be nice to see him in Maroon with a few other Katy boys, but that is just me.

  14. #14
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    And y'all have played what defensive power-houses?
    The difference is I put these things in perspective which seems to be something that's hard to grasp with your fanbase which is why you people keep telling yourselves North Shore is a good team despite all evidence to the contrary. I merely speculated on one of the reasons why he's not more highly recruited when another poster brought up the subject.

    Perhaps I should have worded it like this. Had he put up those numbers in 8-5a or 13-5a, he might be going to the SEC or the Big 12. I'd be saying the same thing but it might have sounded better to you. I think he's a quality player. Still doesn't alter the fact that he's playing some pretty poor teams.

  15. #15
    All-Universe Dawg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    La Porte
    Posts
    9,976

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed. View Post
    I follow this board on a regular basis, but this is only my second post. I am so sick and tired of every thread turning into "Katy never plays anybody."
    We get it, every team in the Greater Houston area sucks compared to the big bad North Texas powerhouses. Fine.
    Have some of the Katy posters ever thought about the fact that people get perturbed when many threads have a Katy fan interject an opinion that usually then turns into a Katy is better theme?

    I don't mean this in a bad way...I'm saying to look in the mirror...
    GO DAWGS!

  16. #16
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    Alief Taylor - 12.3 pts/game 7th best D in state
    Houston Memorial - 15.6 pts/game 28th in state
    North Shore - 15 pts/game 21st in state
    Westbrook - 18.4 pts/game 48th in state
    Seven Lakes - 19.9 pts/game 55th in state

    Haack has lead an offense that has put up 31,45,34,42, and 46 points on these teams respectively. In other words against teams that average giving up 16.2 points per game the Haack lead Katy offense has averaged putting up 39.6 points. Please explain how these five defenses might be considered substandard in your opinion.
    North Shore would have been the only team on that list that would have even made the playoffs in our district. And we're nowhere near what most here would consider good.

  17. #17
    All-Universe Austin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    All over, Texas
    Posts
    5,279

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    I do agree with you Dawg but I see that much less frequently. I think the sheer volume of Katy posters irritates fans of other teams because if 1 comment is made about Katy its not 2-3 angry posts back, posts its 20-30. It seems like negativity is magnified in effect when more are seeing it. It also works the other way though.

    Look at the Cinco, Memorial, and Taylor fans of the website. Most ran off since there are so many Katy fans fighting them and no one else to support them. The district thread wasn't any different than the other district threads other than there are 40 of us and 2 of them.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

  18. #18
    All-Universe Austin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    All over, Texas
    Posts
    5,279

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    North Shore would have been the only team on that list that would have even made the playoffs in our district. And we're nowhere near what most here would consider good.
    You're funny twcp. Yalls district is one of the best in the state with 2 moderate contenders every year and 2 wild cards every year. Lufkin and Woodz are perrenial teams in contention at this point in the eyes of most on these boards.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

  19. #19
    Banned twcpfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    GHA
    Posts
    28,193

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin109 View Post
    You're funny twcp. Yalls district is one of the best in the state with 2 moderate contenders every year and 2 wild cards every year. Lufkin and Woodz are perrenial teams in contention at this point in the eyes of most on these boards.
    Are you kidding me? Ask the Lufkin fans. They're longing for their old East Texas rivals because we're so damn bad.

  20. #20
    All-Universe cougmantx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Katy/Burnet Texas
    Posts
    8,593

    Default Re: Katy QB - Brooks Haack

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    Have some of the Katy posters ever thought about the fact that people get perturbed when many threads have a Katy fan interject an opinion that usually then turns into a Katy is better theme?

    I don't mean this in a bad way...I'm saying to look in the mirror...
    Many of us Katy folks feel the same way...of course, there appears to be many around the state that take a perverse sort of pleasure in goading us on.

    Katy is Katy...we have good years and bad years (except I will take our bad years over any other teams) but Brooks Haack has really grown into a leader and in my opinion, an outstanding QB for the offense we run.

    In Katy fan base defense, I would say the rest of the state seems to hold Katy as a standard to aspire to and there fore Katy gets drug into a lot of these arguements..

    Besides, we just love our team...
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •