Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: District 7-5A Playoffs

All-State

Default Re: District 7-5A Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorns12 View Post
    Unfortunaley for this game and probably a few days later, yes.

How friendly is Dragon Stadium for somebody on crutches?
    Well since we are on the home side I'm sure they have escalators and recliners... so u will be good ...LOL!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bound View Post
    3 way tie will use point differential first and head to head to decide the remaining 2. I now am ready to make my playoff prediction

1st - SLC will remain undefeated
    2nd - Guyer beats Ridge and loses to the Dragons
    3rd - NW beats KC by a Sanchez and finishes strong against Saginaw
    4th - KC will go 1-1 in final 2 and get to play Allen in round 1

I am now convinced that Keller will play spoiler and win their final 2 games and put a knock out punch to both Ridge and Coppell. ����
    So in your scenario nw,kc,coppell,and ridge are all 4-3 at the end of the season.....so how would nw make it in under the first point differential tie breaker? They have the worst point diffential.

The order as I look at will be

1. SLC 2. Guyer. 3. Ridge. 4. Winner of the KC/Coppell game..I'll say KC.

Scout Teamer

The most intriguing game this week is Central versus Northwest...I heard both teams are banged up, but the most important is the starting QB for Northwest. I am feeling like this is going to be a repeat of last year. Northwest runs the ball taking time off the clock to keep the central offense off the field. I have to stay interested during the regular season because I know my Dragons are going to be DISTRICT CHAMPS AND ADVANCE TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Good luck to everyone this week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KChargers View Post
    Well since we are on the home side I'm sure they have escalators and recliners... so u will be good ...LOL!
    Reckon ill have a waitress that can bring me a steak and bake potato?
    For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life. John 3:16

I've learned what the important things in life are. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, my family, my health, and my sanity.

We Are Central... And WE believe!!

Can you give some insight on why you are convinced? Just curious. I havent seen Keller since the first district game.
    Here is my take Horn

Keller 13 K Central 27
    Keller 21 Southlake 26
    Keller 35 Saginaw 6
    Keller 23 Northwest 28
    Keller 21 Denton Guyer 35

They virtually have been in every game in district play including Guyer until Q4. They have a freshman lineman that will have D1 offers before season end and QB (Webb) is lighting up the sky. In addition, their sophmore RB Mills is maturing quickly and has greatly improved running behind that D1 freshman left tackle. Those who think this Keller team does not have a chance is not paying attention. I really think they beat Coppell and the Fossil game will be a KISD showdown to the final minute.

My feelings about Ridge is they are a potentially dangerous team, but the game with NW was a 2nd quarter disaster by the Texans as we gave up 20 points in the final 2 minutes of the first half to turnovers. Our 1st QB was still out from the Guyer game and then our 2nd string QB got knocked out with a concussion in the 2nd quarter. I just was not as impressed as I was disgusted from the NW misque's. So from what I saw on the field against Northwest, Keller seem to be the better team in comparison to F Ridge.

Realistically, K Central should be and is the obvious favorite over our Northwest Texans and a victory for us Friday will be a huge challenge. But for whatever reason, our boys play with a different level of confidence versus the Keller schools. I guess it is because they are familiar with the players and they know they have the ability to win against them. Confidence is a dangerous emotion both good and bad!

One more observation - Many of us parents think the Allen game demoralized our young team early on and it has taken this long for them to regain their confidence. We all expected to not beat Allen, but to be more competitive than last year. When we got our kicked in the second half, it was like the season was over. It was an obvious setback for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
    So in your scenario nw,kc,coppell,and ridge are all 4-3 at the end of the season.....so how would nw make it in under the first point differential tie breaker? They have the worst point diffential.

The order as I look at will be

1. SLC 2. Guyer. 3. Ridge. 4. Winner of the KC/Coppell game..I'll say KC.
    Pad, in this scenario - Ridge loses final 2 games finishing 3-4 and Coppell loses final 2 games finishing 2-5. This puts NW and Central in and NW takes 3rd because of head to head. The kicker, NW doesn't have to play Allen for the 4th time in 2 years (at least not week 1 of the playoffs ).

Ill buy my ticket to Vegas now

All-American

Pad, in this scenario - Ridge loses final 2 games finishing 3-4 and Coppell loses final 2 games finishing 2-5. This puts NW and Central in and NW takes 3rd because of head to head. The kicker, NW doesn't have to play Allen for the 4th time in 2 years (at least not week 1 of the playoffs ).

Ill buy my ticket to Vegas now
    Ok, I missed the Keller upset. I see now thanks. Sounds good to me...Dragons to DII.....Go NW!

Southlake - I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    My predictions:

Guyer (6-1): yeah, I think we'll beat SLC.
    SLC (6-1)
    Central (5-2): Think they finish strong against NW and Coppell.
    Fossil Ridge (4-3): Not buying Keller.

So, this means SLC goes Division 1.
    Wouldn't be a Guyer fan if you believed otherwise.
    PROTECT THE TRADITION

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonpower View Post
    The most intriguing game this week is Central versus Northwest...I heard both teams are banged up, but the most important is the starting QB for Northwest. I am feeling like this is going to be a repeat of last year. Northwest runs the ball taking time off the clock to keep the central offense off the field. I have to stay interested during the regular season because I know my Dragons are going to be DISTRICT CHAMPS AND ADVANCE TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Good luck to everyone this week!!!
    Yeah. KC is pretty banged up. All of the 2nd string will be starting.
    For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life. John 3:16

I've learned what the important things in life are. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, my family, my health, and my sanity.

Reserve

Here is my take Horn

One more observation - Many of us parents think the Allen game demoralized our young team early on and it has taken this long for them to regain their confidence. We all expected to not beat Allen, but to be more competitive than last year. When we got our kicked in the second half, it was like the season was over. It was an obvious setback for us this season.
    What is competitive? 59-28? In a lot of ways, Northwest was more competitive. The front seven did an excellent job in the first half. A lot longer than they did last year in the Jonathan Williams track meet. This year it was the Alec Morris and A-Rod show thru the air, which exposed Northwest's biggest weakness--pass coverage. Everyone knew this going into the season. Add in a small offensive line (can we recruit some Tongans???), which doesn't give your QB enough time to throw 73 yard bombs to AY AND costly turnovers and you got 59-0.

I was more disappointed by the Fossil Ridge and Midlothian results.

Yeah. KC is pretty banged up. All of the 2nd string will be starting.
    If we could only be so fortunate to have our 2nd string healthy. I lost count of our strings 2 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by datacomboss View Post
    What is competitive? 59-28? In a lot of ways, Northwest was more competitive. The front seven did an excellent job in the first half. A lot longer than they did last year in the Jonathan Williams track meet. This year it was the Alec Morris and A-Rod show thru the air, which exposed Northwest's biggest weakness--pass coverage. Everyone knew this going into the season. Add in a small offensive line (can we recruit some Tongans???), which doesn't give your QB enough time to throw 73 yard bombs to AY AND costly turnovers and you got 59-0.

I was more disappointed by the Fossil Ridge and Midlothian results.
    I agree with you on Ridge and Midlothian. Overheard some parents and a very good point was made. When you are bringing in a new coach and rebuilding a program, why would you want to play Allen the 2nd game of the season....C'mon Man!!!!!

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by bama bound View Post
    i agree with you on ridge and midlothian. Overheard some parents and a very good point was made. When you are bringing in a new coach and rebuilding a program, why would you want to play allen the 2nd game of the season....c'mon man!!!!!
    exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    my predictions:

Guyer (6-1): yeah, i think we'll beat slc.
    slc (6-1)
    central (5-2): Think they finish strong against nw and coppell.
    Fossil ridge (4-3): Not buying keller.

So, this means slc goes division 1.
    +1

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by mamaCat View Post
    +1
    Over a week away and the thugs are coming out of the woodwork already.

Don't you have a game on Friday to think about?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    Over a week away and the thugs are coming out of the woodwork already.

Don't you have a game on Friday to think about?

Don't YOU?? Saginaw COULD very well have the game of their life!!! or at the very least imobilize a QB for at least the next game.

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by mamaCat View Post
    Don't YOU?? Saginaw COULD very well have the game of their life!!! or at the very least imobilize a QB for at least the next game.
    I am not even thinking about Guyer, focused on Saginaw, I am not the one talking about next week.

I am not even thinking about Guyer, focused on Saginaw, I am not the one talking about next week.
    oh...a little tiny teeny bit of you is thinking about Guyer . Good luck with the ......Rough Riders! I hope they are at least a little bit rough

So you're calling Saginaw a bunch of thugs then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So you're calling Saginaw a bunch of thugs then?
    No, Guyer.