Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

  1. #1
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    45

    Default Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Hey Guys,
    I thought I would post my thoughts on this Friday's Game that should produce the Winner of 26-5a. While next weeks game looms larger for Reagan (due to playoff seeding) this game I believe is between the cream of the crop in 26-5a.

    Madison has really come alive recently after some non-district struggles against some very good competition. Their offense seems to be moving along with Jones at QB and the RBs. Jones is not a world beater but runs a smooth ship and the RB tandem has played very well. I think Madison will need to establish the ground game to have a chance against Reagan. Reagan has ballhawks in the secondary but their weakness is against the run. If Madison can run on them they will score points and keep the high pwered Reagan offense on the sidelines which is key for a Mavs win.

    As for Reagan, the loss of some key players will obviously hurt this week but I believe Trevor Knight has improved a TON this year and can still leads them to victory. Madison has a great D-Line but a secondary that can be had if the Mavs cannot get pressure on Knight. Reagan has the best WR/TE tandem in the city andif the O Line does their job they should have a lot of success in the air. The difference here IMO is that while Reagan may start slow due to adjusting without certain guys, I think the O Line with a healthy Matt Beyer will more than hold their own and allow Trevor Knight to have a big night.

    Give me Reagan 31 Madison 28.

  2. #2
    All-World Maverick2011Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,391

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeBit06 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I thought I would post my thoughts on this Friday's Game that should produce the Winner of 26-5a. While next weeks game looms larger for Reagan (due to playoff seeding) this game I believe is between the cream of the crop in 26-5a.

    Madison has really come alive recently after some non-district struggles against some very good competition. Their offense seems to be moving along with Jones at QB and the RBs. Jones is not a world beater but runs a smooth ship and the RB tandem has played very well. I think Madison will need to establish the ground game to have a chance against Reagan. Reagan has ballhawks in the secondary but their weakness is against the run. If Madison can run on them they will score points and keep the high pwered Reagan offense on the sidelines which is key for a Mavs win.

    As for Reagan, the loss of some key players will obviously hurt this week but I believe Trevor Knight has improved a TON this year and can still leads them to victory. Madison has a great D-Line but a secondary that can be had if the Mavs cannot get pressure on Knight. Reagan has the best WR/TE tandem in the city andif the O Line does their job they should have a lot of success in the air. The difference here IMO is that while Reagan may start slow due to adjusting without certain guys, I think the O Line with a healthy Matt Beyer will more than hold their own and allow Trevor Knight to have a big night.

    Give me Reagan 31 Madison 28.
    Not sure why we need two threads on this game, but here goes.
    I agree with most of your post. Madison will more than likely run the ball a lot, maybe some screen passes. Referring to "not a world beater" comment, I wouldn't underestimate Madison's QB Jones. Underestimate him and you'll get burned. Same with the RB's and WR's.

    TO's and penalties will make a difference. In District games, both Madison and Reagan have the same fumbles lost(2) and interceptions(0). And I think that if Madison's D line and the improved secondary plays like they're capable of, it could be TK's worst night

  3. #3
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,825

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    You may have missed it but there is already a madison vs reagan thread going.

    http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/sh...ad.php?t=70876
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  4. #4
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio and around UT Campus Austin
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeBit06 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I thought I would post my thoughts on this Friday's Game that should produce the Winner of 26-5a. While next weeks game looms larger for Reagan (due to playoff seeding) this game I believe is between the cream of the crop in 26-5a.

    Madison has really come alive recently after some non-district struggles against some very good competition. Their offense seems to be moving along with Jones at QB and the RBs. Jones is not a world beater but runs a smooth ship and the RB tandem has played very well. I think Madison will need to establish the ground game to have a chance against Reagan. Reagan has ballhawks in the secondary but their weakness is against the run. If Madison can run on them they will score points and keep the high pwered Reagan offense on the sidelines which is key for a Mavs win.

    As for Reagan, the loss of some key players will obviously hurt this week but I believe Trevor Knight has improved a TON this year and can still leads them to victory. Madison has a great D-Line but a secondary that can be had if the Mavs cannot get pressure on Knight. Reagan has the best WR/TE tandem in the city andif the O Line does their job they should have a lot of success in the air. The difference here IMO is that while Reagan may start slow due to adjusting without certain guys, I think the O Line with a healthy Matt Beyer will more than hold their own and allow Trevor Knight to have a big night.

    Give me Reagan 31 Madison 28.
    You have some very good thoughts.

    Reagan's defensive weakness is that they don't really start to play ball from the first snap. The last three games the opposing offense has been able to get one or more scores in the first drive or two. After that the defense has been stout. For example Mac - 75 yds and TD on the first drive. Then about 130 yards against or 2nd and 3rd team when Mac still had in first team in fourth qtr. Subtract those numbers from the 355 total and Mac put 150+/- yards up in 2 + quarters. Lots of ifs however. One thing is for sure - if the defense doesn't play A+ ball from the first snap we will have a hard time beating a team like Madison. We cannot let them get 2 TD's up before we start to play.

  5. #5
    Reserve
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2011Fan View Post
    Not sure why we need two threads on this game, but here goes.
    I agree with most of your post. Madison will more than likely run the ball a lot, maybe some screen passes. Referring to "not a world beater" comment, I wouldn't underestimate Madison's QB Jones. Underestimate him and you'll get burned. Same with the RB's and WR's.

    TO's and penalties will make a difference. In District games, both Madison and Reagan have the same fumbles lost(2) and interceptions(0). And I think that if Madison's D line and the improved secondary plays like they're capable of, it could be TK's worst night
    Just thought I would start my own thread my bad! Also, I did not mean my world beater comment to be a negative in regards to Jones! Obviously the kid is a talent and has played very well this year. I do not think he is near the talent that Trevor Knight is for Reagan but you are 100% right in that if Reagan sells out to stop the run then he is a kid who could beat them with pump fakes/play action. This is what happened a few times against Wagner where Reagan bought pump fakes in the flats on what looked to be RB/WR Screens and got burned deep.

  6. #6
    All-World Maverick2011Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,391

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeBit06 View Post
    Just thought I would start my own thread my bad! Also, I did not mean my world beater comment to be a negative in regards to Jones! Obviously the kid is a talent and has played very well this year. I do not think he is near the talent that Trevor Knight is for Reagan but you are 100% right in that if Reagan sells out to stop the run then he is a kid who could beat them with pump fakes/play action. This is what happened a few times against Wagner where Reagan bought pump fakes in the flats on what looked to be RB/WR Screens and got burned deep.
    I didn't take it negative, I was just responding.

  7. #7
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2011Fan View Post
    Not sure why we need two threads on this game, but here goes.
    I agree with most of your post. Madison will more than likely run the ball a lot, maybe some screen passes. Referring to "not a world beater" comment, I wouldn't underestimate Madison's QB Jones. Underestimate him and you'll get burned. Same with the RB's and WR's.

    TO's and penalties will make a difference. In District games, both Madison and Reagan have the same fumbles lost(2) and interceptions(0). And I think that if Madison's D line and the improved secondary plays like they're capable of, it could be TK's worst night
    Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    You may have missed it but there is already a madison vs reagan thread going.

    http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/sh...ad.php?t=70876
    Damn people, we endure enough Judson threads it's okay to have a few on this weeks game.

    Besides, I've been the thoughtful one who recycles the Reagan thread.

  8. #8
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Universal City
    Posts
    2,782

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    Damn people, we endure enough Judson threads it's okay to have a few on this weeks game.

    Besides, I've been the thoughtful one who recycles the Reagan thread.
    But that Judson game is going to be huge. You all should suspend discussions on Reagan until Friday morning.

  9. #9
    All-World Maverick2011Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,391

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Good Knight View Post
    But that Judson game is going to be huge. You all should suspend discussions on Reagan until Friday morning.
    OK, just for that, I'm predicating Judson by a TD

  10. #10
    All-Galaxy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Universal City
    Posts
    2,782

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2011Fan View Post
    OK, just for that, I'm predicating Judson by a TD
    Hey we need all the support we can get.

    It's a pretty big week in the SA area, three really good games on deck.

  11. #11
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Supa Street
    Posts
    13,877

    Default Re: Regean vs Madison Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Good Knight View Post
    But that Judson game is going to be huge. You all should suspend discussions on Reagan until Friday morning.
    I meant all weeks leading up to and including this week.

    Steele/Judson is obviously a huge game and deserves the attention.

    But Judson/Seguin? For serial?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •