• Copperas Cove

25 67.57%
  • A&M Consolidated

12 32.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMC @ Copperas Cove and Poll

All-World

Default AMC @ Copperas Cove and Poll

Many thought this game would be the deciding game for the district Championship, but the possibility still exists for Co-Champions in the district. AMC and Cove enter this game at 4-0 with the winner taking a giant step toward being the district champion. It looks like the two teams are evenly matched based on wins against common district foes. I haven't looked at the comparision of stats but will and give my thoughts on that later. I pick Cove to win in a very close hard fought game, mainly becuase AMC travels to Cove for this game. Bulldawg Stadium is a tough place for visiting teams to win. So I am saying this game maybe decided by one TD or a FG. I'll make a score predcition later on, but I tend to think both will score in excess of 30 points. What are your thoughts and prediciton?
    "Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"? Mark Twain

All-World

Default Re: AMC @ Copperas Cove and Poll

Good luck to both of your teams!

Mesquite Horn will be waiting for one of you come week 1 of the post season!

Go Jags!

All-World

I don't thik you will see AMC, they will be in the are large school division of the play offs, you will probably face Copperas Cove again in Bi-District play, regardless of the outcome of this Cove-AMC game. I look forward to a the third time these two teams meet. The record is 1-1 with Horn giving Cove a bloody nose and a black eye last year, I don't see a repeat of that game.
    "Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"? Mark Twain

Scout Teamer

Anybody that wants to see this game needs to be at the administration building Monday morning to get tickets. Fans will be hanging from the rafters for this one.

Starter

Covedawgfan; I think I did a pretty good job in calling that Bryan game so here goes. I think Coveís overall Defensive team speed overwhelmed Bryaní offensive line I counted 5 players going down Reggie Hamton, Darian Childers, and Josh lyons ran that kid number 78 crazy and they were in that backfield all night long. Now like I said about that game, the same stands true, if Cove use their Defensive overall team Speed as they did against Bryan A&M will be in for a long night and I didnít know this until Friday night Cove has a deep bench at all positions. We already know the offense has a ton of weapons, and I just canít see any team in the 12-5A stopping them all. I take Cove in a tight one Eli Khuns Coveís kicker will be the difference in this one

Quote Originally Posted by covedawgfan View Post
    Many thought this game would be the deciding game for the district Championship, but the possibility still exists for Co-Champions in the district. AMC and Cove enter this game at 4-0 with the winner taking a giant step toward being the district champion. It looks like the two teams are evenly matched based on wins against common district foes. I haven't looked at the comparision of stats but will and give my thoughts on that later. I pick Cove to win in a very close hard fought game, mainly becuase AMC travels to Cove for this game. Bulldawg Stadium is a tough place for visiting teams to win. So I am saying this game maybe decided by one TD or a FG. I'll make a score predcition later on, but I tend to think both will score in excess of 30 points. What are your thoughts and prediciton?

I see a hard fought game with Cove putting it away with a late score. Something along the lines of 28-14. Should be a good one!
    Cove Dawgs

OK.... let's see if my research holds up to another prediction....

Cove 34

AMC 32

Cove scares the faithful by giving up a 4th qtr lead... then thrills the hometown fans with a game winning TD with under 2 minutes to play. Cove wins district !!
    Roosevelt Rough Riders
    Home of the 1995 5A State Champs

Live & die with Rider Pride !!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    No, I actually think you have some sense, for a R4 guy anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07 View Post
    I like your style.

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs35 View Post
    Covedawgfan; I think I did a pretty good job in calling that Bryan game so here goes. I think Coveís overall Defensive team speed overwhelmed Bryaní offensive line I counted 5 players going down Reggie Hamton, Darian Childers, and Josh lyons ran that kid number 78 crazy and they were in that backfield all night long. Now like I said about that game, the same stands true, if Cove use their Defensive overall team Speed as they did against Bryan A&M will be in for a long night and I didnít know this until Friday night Cove has a deep bench at all positions. We already know the offense has a ton of weapons, and I just canít see any team in the 12-5A stopping them all. I take Cove in a tight one Eli Khuns Coveís kicker will be the difference in this one
    I like your take on the game, the OL will have to step it up even more against a AMC that has a very powerful ground game. But I agree with you, thanks for your input.

Da' Cove.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

All-State

God knows I love the Dawgs. They've shown moments of brilliance and moments of utter stupidity through out the season. The last two weeks they've really come together as a program. Last week against Bryan they finally put the whole package together. Offense, defense, special teams-all did quite well last week. The Dawgs are looking good. 34-14 is not indicative of the @$$ whoopin' they put on Bryan. The vikes were overwhelmed. If they keep playing like that, they'll easily go 3 deep in the playoffs this year. However, they won't be doing it as 12-5A district champions. Consol will beat them...again. Coach Slaughter had the Dawgs' number. I'm sure he left it for the new coach at College Station...whatever his name is. Consol has the athletes to match up with Cove. It's just a matter of coaching at this point. I believe Consol's new coach will continue that tradition of stuffing the box and stopping the Cove run. I'm sure he'll go with the quick outside screen pass and render Cove's marginal pass defense useless. The secret is out. I want my Dawgs to win, but they have too many weaknesses in the passing game, on offense and defense. Consol wins 42-28.

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer....Oh ye of little...make that no faith. I'll tell you right now that the Dawgs will mesmerize the mighty Tigers this Friday night! Console will have a decent night against our defense but will not outscore the many assault teams of the Mightier DAWGS. They will not have an answer for our offensive arsenal or our special (forces) teams. It will be a hard fought game at the Dawghouse with Cove locking up district championship. Which doesn't mean much in the big scheme of things. The playoffs is what really matters. Oh and since I mentioned playoffs....the Dawgs will not be one and done this year. Go Dawgs!

All-American

Cove wins. I hope it's close just so they are brought down to earth some after a blow out.
    Go Forney - Co Cove
    Hi Kevin

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Hammeroftruth View Post
    . Coach Slaughter had the Dawgs' number. I'm sure he left it for the new coach at College Station...whatever his name is. Consol has the athletes to match up with Cove. It's just a matter of coaching at this point. I believe Consol's new coach will continue that tradition of stuffing the box and stopping the Cove run. I'm sure he'll go with the quick outside screen pass and render Cove's marginal pass defense useless. . Consol wins 42-28.
    I sure don't know how a departed coach passes on his way of doing things to a new coach. I think Coaches always believe their way is the best. Regardless of that, Cove will have to play their best game of the season to win this game. It will be a tough battle, but I do give the Dawgs the edge in this game. Go Dawgs beat AMC!

All-District

Eight fumbles, three lost. One interception. A 75 yard kick-off return. A blocked punt. Numerous penalities. All our mistakes; and we still shut out Shoemaker. Our 2nd shutout in district this year.

Our defense is playing well. The offense is getting better; have to eliminate the stupid mistakes.

That being said; this will be a dog fight, at the Dawg House. District championship aside, this is about getting both teams ready for the playoffs. We went three deep last year; and that was a fun ride. Both of these teams need to be prepared to do the same or better this year.

Looking forward to a good, well-played football game; no injuries.

Have to support son; Consol wins a close one...

All-World

Cove's Defense is coming of age at the right time, the 14 points that Byran scored were late in the 4th quarter, and one was a gift by a turnover from the 3rd Team QB. If AMC continues to fumble the ball as they did against Shoemaker the game could get out of hand for the Tigers.
    Although Cove went one and out in last year's playoffs, Cove has had a good history of going deep in the playoffs, 4A Championships two years in a row, 5A Semi-Finals the year following. Last year's poor showing has the Bulldawgs remembering what can happen if they do not play their best, and the joys that follow when you play your best. I think Cove will play their best game of the year and win this match up between two of the district's best.
    Consolb&vb, good post on you team, looking forward to the game, and welcoming you'll to the Dawg House, Go Dawgs, beat the Tigers!

All-World

It's Tuesday and Friday is just a few days away! The GOTW in District 12-5A will take place at Bulldawg Stadium Friday Night at 730PM. Both teams are undefeated in district play and this game will put the winner in the drivers seat for the district championship. The offensive scoring stats show Cove averages 45 points per game and AMC averages 32.4 per game. The Defensive stats show that Cove gives up 22.3 points per game and AMC gives up 19.1 points per game. Doing a little math it would seems that Cove wins by 9.4 points. With Cove playing at home I am going go give them .6 points and say that predict Cove to win this game by 10 points. Go Dawgs beat the Tigers!

All-State

Thumbs up Re: AMC @ Copperas Cove and Poll

As always this should be a great game between two playoff bound teams.

Since these two teams were placed in the same district this has always been a great game minus the first battle in 2002 when Consol won 42-7.

Consol holds a 5-2 advantage in the series having won 3 straight contest. Cove's last win in the series was back in 2005 (teams did not play in 2006-2007 as Cove was 4A). I cant think of another team with that kind of success against Welch..Slaughter had his number.

The Tigers look as if they have settled in under the new coach winning 4 straight after a tough 0-3 start to 3 pretty solid teams. I saw Cove play in week 1 in Southlake and even in the loss they were impressive as always.

Going to be interesting how the new coach approaches this game. Slaughter or not, you know Welch has circled this game since last summer. And you know the Consol Seniors wnat to go out having never lost to Cove.

Shoudl be great weather and a great atmosphere at Bulldawg Stadium for the District Championship between the two best teams in 12-5A year in and year out.

All-State

Thumbs up Re: AMC @ Copperas Cove and Poll

double post

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    As always this should be a great game between two playoff bound teams.

Since these two teams were placed in the same district this has always been a great game minus the first battle in 2002 when Consol won 42-7.

Consol holds a 5-2 advantage in the series having won 3 straight contest. Cove's last win in the series was back in 2005 (teams did not play in 2006-2007 as Cove was 4A). I cant think of another team with that kind of success against Welch..Slaughter had his number.

The Tigers look as if they have settled in under the new coach winning 4 straight after a tough 0-3 start to 3 pretty solid teams. I saw Cove play in week 1 in Southlake and even in the loss they were impressive as always.

Going to be interesting how the new coach approaches this game. Slaughter or not, you know Welch has circled this game since last summer. And you know the Consol Seniors wnat to go out having never lost to Cove.

Shoudl be great weather and a great atmosphere at Bulldawg Stadium for the District Championship between the two best teams in 12-5A year in and year out.
    good post, I agree with what you shared. I am looking forward to a great game, it is always exciting.

All-World

Its Wednesday and Friday is getting closer. The poll at the top of this thread is getting closer, right now about 700AM Wednesday it is 16-10 Cove. But the game is not played on this thread or the stats or the newpapers, it played on the field, this time on the Bulldawgs Field. The two teams played Temple, Bryan, and Ellsion with about the same margin of success (that is points scored and points allowed). It looks like the Cove Offensive can put more points on the board and the AMC Defense can keep points off the board. All in all I think the two teams will match up fairly equal. Cove has to cut down on the fumbles and penalities and create opportunites by agressive defensive play in order for Cove to Win. I still think the biggest advantage Cove has is the game is in Copperas Cove---I believe Bulldawg Staduim and the home crowd will give the Bulldawgs a one TD edge. But the Dawgs will need to play an outstanding game. Go Dawgs, Beat the Tigers!