Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls, a 17-5A Clash of Titans

Default Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls, a 17-5A Clash of Titans

I don’t think one could ask for more of a traditional “Classic Showdown” between two Texas High School football teams than what is scheduled to take place this Friday, Oct. 14th, at Ken Pridgeon Stadium.

Cy-Falls, will field what could arguably be one of the strongest and most balanced teams it has had in its seventeen year history. Perhaps even better than the highly touted 2006 team that took them to the State Finals. Cy-Fair on the other hand, is trending toward that same reputation this year with not only a solid ground pounding offense, but what could possibly be their best defense to march on the field in decades, or perhaps, in Cy-Fair history.

These two Titans of 17-5A are almost a mirror image of one another respectively, and are set to square off this weekend to decide who is going to be the front runner in the district for the remainder of the 2011 season.

#11 Cy-Fair – (6-0, 5-0)
    However a far cry from the excitement filled days of Sam McGuffie, the Bobcats have not put together a more solid unit offensively than what they have assembled this year. A multi-lettering O-Line with size and experience, a confident QB, a set of skilled WR's, and experience at RB that runs three seasons deep. A first team defense that has given up a mere (2) touchdowns since the kickoff of the season, and a seasoned secondary with a tremendous amount of depth that have (10) INT’s under their belt. Statistically, it would be tough to say the Bobcats have not had such a balance of power this strong since the 1985 team that lost to Odessa Permian 10-7, at the (State Semifinals) in Cowboys Stadium.

Defense – 4-2-5
    Pass – 715 TTL Yds (6 Games)
    Rush – 429 TTL Yds (6 Games)
    PAPG - 6 (Rank #2)
    INT’s – 11 (1 TD)

Offense – Multiple Scheme (I Set, Offset I, Single Back)
    PPG – 31.7 (Rank #71)
    Pass – 492 Yds (71 Att’s)
    Rush – 1,461 Yds (226 Att’s)
    TD’s – 23
    INT’s – 1

#9 Cy-Falls – (6-0, 5-0)
    Has an Offense that is absolutely loaded with talent. A true “Dual Threat” QB, illusive RB with tremendous speed and agility, highly skilled WR’s, and a beast of an O-Line. This 2011 Falls defense is one of the better defenses that has ever taken the field, giving up a mere 11.8 points per game since the start of the season. The 2006 (State Finals) team had given up 22 points per game up to this point in the season, while the offense averaged 32.5.

Defense – Variable 3-4-4, 4-3-4
    Pass – 722 TTL Yds (6 Games)
    Rush – 1105 TTL Yds (6 Games)
    PAPG - 11.8 (Rank #10)
    INT’s - 4

Offense – Spread
    PPG – 33.8 (Rank #53)
    Pass – 1,179 Yds (115 Att’s)
    Rush – 1,244 Yds (148 Att’s)
    TD’s – 25
    INT’s – 4

Also, the similarities between these two teams are telling in the scope of "Offensive" & "Defensive" scoring with common opponents;

Common Opponents – Scores

Cy-Woods
    Cy-Fair-W 14-0
    Cy-Falls-W 28-12

Cy-Ridge
    Cy-Fair-W 26-7
    Cy-Falls-W 28-0

Cy-Creek
    Cy-Fair-W 17-3
    Cy-Falls-W 20-13

Cy-Springs
    Cy-Fair-W 52-7
    Cy-Falls-W 52-12

Truly, this on-going district "Rivaly" between Cy-Fair & Cy-Falls has all the markings of a battle of Epic proportions, and one certainly not to be missed. It is not often that we get to see two teams with this much talent, and this much at stake, come together and square off. Many here in the district have waited all season for this matchup to come around. Well, finally, here it is..Week "Lucky 7",...but for whom?

Game time: Friday, Oct. 14th, 7:00pm
    Loc: Ken Pridgeon Stadium (CFISD)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bobcat81; 10-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Bobcat Fight Never Dies

All-Galaxy

Default Re: Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls, a 17-5A Clash of Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat81 View Post
    I don’t think one could ask for more of a traditional “Classic Showdown” between two Texas High School football teams than what is scheduled to take place this Friday, Oct. 14th, at Ken Pridgeon Stadium.

Cy-Falls, will field what could arguably be one of the strongest and most balanced teams it has had in its seventeen year history. Perhaps even better than the highly touted 2006 team that took them to the State Finals. Cy-Fair on the other hand, is trending toward that same reputation this year with not only a solid ground pounding offense, but what could possibly be their best defense to march on the field in decades, or perhaps, in Cy-Fair history.

These two Titans of 17-5A are almost a mirror image of one another respectively, and are set to square off this weekend to decide who is going to be the front runner in the district for the remainder of the 2011 season.

#11 Cy-Fair – (6-0, 5-0)
    However a far cry from the excitement filled days of Sam McGuffie, the Bobcats have not put together a more solid unit offensively than what they have assembled this year. A multi-lettering O-Line with size and experience, a confident QB, a set of skilled WR's, and experience at RB that runs three seasons deep. A first team defense that has given up a mere (2) touchdowns since the kickoff of the season, and a seasoned secondary with a tremendous amount of depth that have (10) INT’s under their belt. Statistically, it would be tough to say the Bobcats have not had such a balance of power this strong since the 1985 team that lost to Odessa Permian 10-7, at the (State Semifinals) in Cowboys Stadium.

Defense – 4-2-5
    PAPG - 6 (Rank #2)
    INT’s – 11 (1 TD)

PPG – 31.7 (Rank #71)
    TD’s – 23
    INT’s – 1

#9 Cy-Falls – (6-0, 5-0)
    Has an Offense that is absolutely loaded with talent. A true “Dual Threat” QB, illusive RB with tremendous speed and agility, highly skilled WR’s, and a beast of an O-Line. This 2011 Falls defense is one of the better defenses that has ever taken the field, giving up a mere 11.8 points per game since the start of the season. The 2006 (State Finals) team had given up 22 points per game up to this point in the season, while the offense averaged 32.5.

PAPG - 11.8 (Rank #10)
    INT’s - 4

Offense – Spread
    PPG – 33.8 (Rank #53)
    TD’s – 25
    INT’s – 4

Also, the similarities between these two teams are telling in the scope of "Offensive" & "Defensive" scoring with common opponents;

Cy-Woods
    Cy-Fair-W 14-0
    Cy-Falls-W 28-12

Cy-Ridge
    Cy-Fair-W 26-7
    Cy-Falls-W 28-0

Cy-Creek
    Cy-Fair-W 17-3
    Cy-Falls-W 20-13

Cy-Springs
    Cy-Fair-W 52-7
    Cy-Falls-W 52-12

Truly, this on-going district "Rivaly" between Cy-Fair & Cy-Falls has all the markings of a battle of Epic proportions, and one certainly not to be missed. It is not often that we get to see two teams with this much talent, and this much at stake, come together and square off. Many here in the district have waited all season for this matchup to come around. Well, finally, here it is..Week "Lucky 7",...but for whom?

Thoughts?
    Should be a great game!!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar

Great and in depth post CF81. This game reminds me of 2006 when they went to battle and we won with that gutsy 2 point play. However, Falls I know was not undefeated in that game. This year both are. This one seems much larger than that 2206 game even. I, too, think this team is better all around than our state team (although they are still very special ). This game will be a great defensive match but both have offenses that could open it wide if that chance is given. They are so evenly matched. The thing with me is, Fair is seriously my second favorite team and school in Texas - I like the Bobcats so much and want them to do well - with the large and glaring exception of this week..

GO EAGLES!!! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles

"Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyFallsMom View Post
    Great and in depth post CF81. This game reminds me of 2006 when they went to battle and we won with that gutsy 2 point play. However, Falls I know was not undefeated in that game. This year both are. This one seems much larger than that 2206 game even. I, too, think this team is better all around than our state team (although they are still very special ). This game will be a great defensive match but both have offenses that could open it wide if that chance is given. They are so evenly matched. The thing with me is, Fair is seriously my second favorite team and school in Texas - I like the Bobcats so much and want them to do well - with the large and glaring exception of this week..

GO EAGLES!!! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!
    Interesting.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat81 View Post

#11 Cy-Fair – (6-0, 5-0)

Defense – 4-2-5
    PAPG - 6 (Rank #2)
    INT’s – 11 (1 TD)

PPG – 31.7 (Rank #71)
    TD’s – 23
    INT’s – 1

#9 Cy-Falls – (6-0, 5-0)

PAPG - 11.8 (Rank #10)
    INT’s - 4

Offense – Spread
    PPG – 33.8 (Rank #53)
    TD’s – 25
    INT’s – 4

Cy-Woods
    Cy-Fair-W 14-0
    Cy-Falls-W 28-12

Cy-Ridge
    Cy-Fair-W 26-7
    Cy-Falls-W 28-0

Cy-Creek
    Cy-Fair-W 17-3
    Cy-Falls-W 20-13

Cy-Springs
    Cy-Fair-W 52-7
    Cy-Falls-W 52-12

Thoughts?
    TGO and LTGO will be in attendance. Not sure who will win, though I think Falls might have the edge (due to dual-threat QB). Has all the makings to be a slug-fest... low scoring. Been waiting to see the Bobcats, all year.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

I think Fails takes this one in what will be a close match til the 4th quarter. I think Fails goes into the 4th up slightly and Fair tries to get fancy and Fails will take advantage.

My personal reasons for picking Fails - Balanced O, more difficult O to prepare for, fairly even rushing stats on half the yards, far more through the air, and a defense better suited to stopping the opponent IMO.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

Cool Re: Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls, a 17-5A Clash of Titans

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post
    TGO and LTGO will be in attendance. Not sure who will win, though I think Falls might have the edge (due to dual-threat QB). Has all the makings to be a slug-fest... low scoring. Been waiting to see the Bobcats, all year.
    O' strike up the band.
    The nation that makes a great distinction between its
    scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by
    cowards and its fighting done by fools.

Spartan king, quoted by Thucydides

Cool Re: Cy-Fair vs. Cy-Falls, a 17-5A Clash of Titans

I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by C-DUB View Post
    O' strike up the band.
    I don't know about the band bidness............but I do like you signature quote.........
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    Interesting.
    Much more balanced. Our offense was better then but the defense was not as good as this one IMO. And this offense is comparable - just not as high scoring. LC is a scoring machine - to hold them to 22 was amazing. It takes a lot for me to say this team is or might be better - that's my all time fave team and this team still hasn't reached the pinnacle that team did so time will tell. However, this one seems different than any other Falls team - very focused and driven. It's almost like they have a zen master in the locker room....has anyone seen Phil Jackson lately?. I won't mention the undefeated part (6-0 btw) because that means nothing really. Cy Creek went undefeated and lost the first playoff game. So, each and every game is important. But the 2006 team lost 3 and look what they did so that doesn't really matter much in the end. I would love to see an undefeated season but I would much rather see them go all the way to state. If they can do both - that would be something to behold!!
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles

"Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

NO! Not in Pridgeon?!?!?!?!!?!?

I need to buy some infrared binoculars to watch a game at Pridgeon.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

Great write-up and intro to this game, bcf81.

This is truly an anticipated match-up this week. Not only in the district, but one that I believe the Region has been keeping an eye out for a few weeks. (I'll tell you that joke next time I see you.)

Two very evenly matched teams (top tier R3) in this match-up. Very even stats, BUT stats reached in differnet approaches. It will be interesting to see who prevails in this battle.

Even though we have all defended the defensive efforts put forth in this district, we have the reputation of all offense and no defense, due to the high powered offenses we have to deal with week in and week out. But this year, we have two teams with among the lowest PAPG in the state. Fair is tied with Katy for #1 and Falls stands at #10. Imagine that.....Fair tied for #1, tied with Katy, and they have to play in the "Offense Only" district while Katy plays who they do.

About the Approaches:

Fair

Offensively.....
    Seem to approach games with run first, use the play action to keep teams honest and get a few big gains.

Defensively....
    They will shut down a run game and have a secondary to challenge most teams.

Falls

Offensively.....
    They have moved to a point of establishing the run as opposed to thier past "pass...pass....passsssss". They have a running back in Brice Peters who runs north and south with speed and power. Once he gets past you, you ain't gonna lay a hand on him. Falls has the OL to support this game plan this year. Falls has some outstanding receiver specimens. When watching Falls in 7o7 in College Station this summer, C-Dub was crapping down his leg to see THREE WO's at 6'+ with 4.4 speed lined up side by side. Key will be the QB Mitchell being able to stay calm and hit the receivers when he throws.

Defensively.....
    Front line is stout...size and speed! LB's with good size and mobility that can play the run or the pass. DB's....utterly outstanding! Speed, size, ATTITUDE! Gator arms were coming out in last week's game. I expect them to bunch the box this week in the 4-3-4 for Fair's run game.

Personal opinion of this game....Fair has the better D to stop the run.....Falls has the better ability to go to the passing game. Fair has the better run game....Falls D can handle it.

In the end.....28-21 Falls.
    Last edited by cyfallsbooster2; 10-09-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

O' strike up the band.
    What would be appropriate?
    Back From The Dead!

Great post, bobcat...

You can bet there will be a good sized neutral crowd for this one.

My two bros and I will be there for sure. I would imagine quite a few others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jc84chill View Post
    Great post, bobcat...

You can bet there will be a good sized neutral crowd for this one.

My two bros and I will be there for sure. I would imagine quite a few others as well.
    Question is.....which side?
    Back From The Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by cyfallsbooster2 View Post
    What would be appropriate?
    Something warm & Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKvhx...eature=related
    The nation that makes a great distinction between its
    scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by
    cowards and its fighting done by fools.

Spartan king, quoted by Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by cyfallsbooster2 View Post
    Question is.....which side?
    The winning side.

Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    NO! Not in Pridgeon?!?!?!?!!?!?

I need to buy some infrared binoculars to watch a game at Pridgeon.
    Bring your night-visions.
    Back From The Dead!

Back From The Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by jc84chill View Post
    The winning side.
    Which is in your opinion? I will probably be sitting with bcf81 and bcf.
    Back From The Dead!