Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Shore @ West Brook-Predictions

All-American 82 5A State Champs's Avatar

Default North Shore @ West Brook-Predictions

I know, I know....NS should come in and wipe the floor with WB. Maybe we can take a few pointers from our brothers down the road on how to beat them. LOL! Your thoughts? WB just might be there, at the end, claiming one of those playoff spots.
    2012 West Brook BRUINS......Let's Get It Done!

Default Re: North Shore @ West Brook-Predictions

If NS shows up to party empty handed like they've been doing this season, WB should win this game. Something is going on at NS that is effecting the team negatively, just don't know what it is. Despite what folks are saying, NS isn't dying, it's just one of those years. Looking forward to seeing the stadium though, I've only passed by and it looks amazing.
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rod View Post
    If NS shows up to party empty handed like they've been doing this season, WB should win this game. Something is going on at NS that is effecting the team negatively, just don't know what it is. Despite what folks are saying, NS isn't dying, it's just one of those years. Looking forward to seeing the stadium though, I've only passed by and it looks amazing.
    Is NS not pounding up the middle at all any more?
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    They are, but like I've said, the O-line hasn't been what we've seen in past couple of years. It also doesn't help when you run the same play over and over, teams will pick it up eventually. NS suprisingly has some success running to the outside against PA. Didn't think they would considering PAM's speed.

Bam! Katy Thread.

They are, but like I've said, the O-line hasn't been what we've seen in past couple of years. It also doesn't help when you run the same play over and over, teams will pick it up eventually. NS suprisingly has some success running to the outside against PA. Didn't think they would considering PAM's speed.
    Wow. That's surprising to me also (outside runs). I thought speed would be--at best--a draw. The other question was simply because I thought I remembered some Katy posters mentioning BWB may be soft in the middle. Of course, they were running behind the Katy OL.
    GO DAWGS!

Wow. That's surprising to me also (outside runs). I thought speed would be--at best--a draw. The other question was simply because I thought I remembered some Katy posters mentioning BWB may be soft in the middle. Of course, they were running behind the Katy OL.
    Zone read takes about 2-3 secs to decide and go, all that's doing is giving the D-line extra time to get away from the O-Line. I like the zone read, but most of the time a QB can read the Defense from the pocket.

Bam! Katy Thread.

Banned

barring penalties,north shore should win this one. bwb running game is almost do not exist(expect for against tyler lee). the passing game is highly suspect. stump throws to one guy and that's malone,#16 and he's a little wr. 28-10 north shore.

I'd be interested what "my other brother 82" has to say. I haven't seen BWB in person yet. I do know they're at home and maybe feeling disrespected.
    GO DAWGS!

All-American

Formations and play design does not allow for a strong up the middle running style. Unless a team is just particularly horrible at both the DT and MLB they wont have sustained success with this approach.

Would require major formation changes and OL blocking schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by patitan View Post
    barring penalties,north shore should win this one. bwb running game is almost do not exist(expect for against tyler lee). the passing game is highly suspect. stump throws to one guy and that's malone,#16 and he's a little wr. 28-10 north shore.
    WB's running game is coming along quite nicely. With the exception of a few SR's, this is a very young team. Percy Johnson has been hitting the running lanes, and if he gets into open space, he can burn you. QB Stump's play has definitely improved in recent weeks. He seems to be less apt to run, immediately, and has been staying in the pocket longer and completing more passes. Yes, #16 Jalen Malone is a great WR, but he's not the only one. Robert Redd has been getting some catches, and has made an impact since he joined the team. NS wont be able to cover both WR's successfully. Our weak point has to be the inexperience on the D-line, or defense as a whole. Our secondary is better than its been in years past, but the run defense is not as good. Still, they seem to be showing signs of improvement every week. WB may, or may not beat NS, but I think we'll be laying claim to one of those playoff spots when its all over with. Dont overlook WB. This team is not that bad, and is getting better.
    Last edited by 82 5A State Champs; 10-08-2011 at 02:36 PM.

I think this one could turn into a good game. Two good defenses.

No hype at all though.

As Mr. Rod said if all depends which North Shore offense shows up this week. If its the offense that has taken the field the past couple of weeks then its going to be another long night. But if we can find our grove and get somethings going then it could turn into a good game. Haven't seen Brook this year but I expect them to come ready to defend their home turf as they always do when we come to town.
    Lamar Texans 2014 6A D1 State Champions.

Administrator

I've seen NS (twice) and BWB this year. BWB's defense is not what it was last year, and the offense is not as good without a consistent running threat at QB. Also, BWB lacks the change of pace back they found to compliment Percy Johnson last year.

I think NS will be fine if they'll just keep the ball on the ground and make sure milton is heavily involved. I think NS needs more plays designed directly for the RBs and that they don't have to call reads every down. If mcduffey isn't involved in the passing game, hand him the rock.

I'll go with NS by 21+.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    I've seen NS (twice) and BWB this year. BWB's defense is not what it was last year, and the offense is not as good without a consistent running threat at QB. Also, BWB lacks the change of pace back they found to compliment Percy Johnson last year.

I think NS will be fine if they'll just keep the ball on the ground and make sure milton is heavily involved. I think NS needs more plays designed directly for the RBs and that they don't have to call reads every down. If mcduffey isn't involved in the passing game, hand him the rock.

I'll go with NS by 21+.
    Very very easy to run a wild-cat formation with the NS type of offense. If your zone-read is taking longer than 2 seconds to execute your in trouble with a good defense.

NS should be able to win this.

NS - 42
    BWB - 10
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

Administrator

They are, but like I've said, the O-line hasn't been what we've seen in past couple of years.
    I think Shore has good players up front, but I don't think they are the right fit for this offense necessarily. Stony Point had much smaller OLs than what North Shore has. I think this offense almost requires a Wing T type line because of all the movement required. I'd want a line averaging between 220-260 pounds for the offense NS is trying to run.

Against pam, the most successful runs I noticed for Shore were the ones when the OL was able to put its hands on people and move the furniture. On other plays, they were feeling for blocks as opposed to attacking for them.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mr. Buddy Garrity's Avatar
    Floating on a mat in the West Texas breeze in Abilene via Port Arthur Tx

Bruins by ten. It's homecoming.
    I smell Football in the West Texas breeze....

Follow me on Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post

I'll go with NS by 21+.
    Make no mistake, Stump can run! In fact, I'd say thats his best asset at QB because his accuracy when throwing the ball has been questionable, at best. I think WB will be fine. Coach Stump may not play it so conservative, and open up the play book a bit. As another poster said, NS's run defense is pretty good, which is why I think we'll try to go to the air to move the ball. Hoping to get off work in enough time to go see this game!

Banned

i had ns winning this thing pretty easy....until i heard some info that's not confirmed. if so...

brook 24-14.

to admins,did i break a rule?? just want to stay within the rules. just as a discussion,this could change north shores scoring ability.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000
    I think NS needs more plays designed directly for the RBs and that they don't have to call reads every down. If mcduffey isn't involved in the passing game, hand him the rock.
    I totally agree with you on this all season they have routinely sent McDuffey and Deleon in motion yet they have only handed them the ball less than a handful of times. As I told someone last week we've done that so much that I don't think most teams even pay attention do it. And with a Qb that is obviously not adept at making quick and precise reads why not do all that you can to help the offense become productive.
    Lamar Texans 2014 6A D1 State Champions.

All-State

what has happen to north shores fan base i could not believe we had more fans they did last week it tripped me out