8 28.57%
  • 7Lakes barely wins

16 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7Lakes vs Cinco Ranch

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

Default 7Lakes vs Cinco Ranch

My take on this game:

This is the best time to date for 7Lakes to knock off Cinco. 7Lakes has a big OL and executed well vs Katy. The D is pretty good too. Better than other 7Lakes' D's that I've seen.

Cinco's advantages are;
    deeper at RB position
    more athletic QB
    better coaches

The intangible that can't be discounted is that 7Lakes has picked Cinco for it's main rival. Yes they want to beat Katy buttttttttttt it seems beating Cinco is more of a priority. 7lakes plays it's hardest and best vs Cinco.
    I want to see 7lakes win not because I dislike Cinco Nation but I think it would be a fun night if it happened. (Vain attempt to flush out FPass)
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

Default Re: 7Lakes vs Cinco Ranch

Poll? This would be a better poll than the KHSvsStrake
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    Poll? This would be a better poll than the KHSvsStrake
    Wow! So the threads post as you are making a poll....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    My take on this game:

This is the best time to date for 7Lakes to knock off Cinco. 7Lakes has a big OL and executed well vs Katy. The D is pretty good too. Better than other 7Lakes' D's that I've seen.

Cinco's advantages are;
    deeper at RB position
    more athletic QB
    better coaches

The intangible that can't be discounted is that 7Lakes has picked Cinco for it's main rival. Yes they want to beat Katy buttttttttttt it seems beating Cinco is more of a priority. 7lakes plays it's hardest and best vs Cinco.
    I want to see 7lakes win not because I dislike Cinco Nation but I think it would be a fun night if it happened. (Vain attempt to flush out FPass)
    I would like to see this also because I would like for the competition in 19-5A to get better and having tangible district rivalries might breed better competition.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    Wow! So the threads post as you are making a poll....interesting.
    I get to work around 6:15 every morning. It is part of my daily routine to login to to the board and see what was posted last night. Later in the day I get to busy to really jack with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    I get to work around 6:15 every morning. It is part of my daily routine to login to to the board and see what was posted last night. Later in the day I get to busy to really jack with it.
    I had not submitted the thread because I was working on the poll but you had already responded?????????? It's getting closer to Halloween.

Why would 7L pick CR as their main rival? Does CR even know where the school is located?

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Why would 7L pick CR as their main rival? Does CR even know where the school is located?
    Similar school demographics, similar size, but on the south side of I-10 and west of Highway 99.

Plus 7L has nearly beat Cinco in the Halloween scare of 2008.

Kind of like Cinco chose Katy as their Rival. Who knows....

I really like the 7 Lakes Tee Shirts:
    7 > 5

The Ultimate geek football shirt
    Texas Bob

Texas High School Stadium Database

Texas Football Stadium Guide

"You know what? Here's what a system does: It trys to put players in a position to succeed. That's what it is." Coach David Cutcliff

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

I hope stinko stomps a mud hole in ponds and it isn't because I want stinko to stomp a mud hole in ponds but more because I hope we have a couple more quality opponents before the playoffs. As it stands there is Memorial and stinko that looks to be playoff teams remaining on Katy's schedule so I hope they are quality enough to beat a ponds team that Katy disposed of easily. I am kind of leaning toward ponds winning this game though unless they have another ponds type meltdown against stinko.

It will probably end up as score fest. I don't see 7L defense stopping James and company and I don't see CR defense stopping 7L's offense

My projector gives a slight edge to 7 Lakes, the 5A website projector gives a slight edge to Cinco. I predict that one of our projectors will be correct. On a statistical basis this game is really too close to call.

I've got a gut feeling on this one...I think 7 Lakes takes it. I think they want it real bad and if there was ever a year for them to do it, I think it is this year! I haven't been able to see either team play but I have listened to games both have played. No rhyme or reason but I think this is the year 7 Lakes does the deed.
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

2012 Pick 'Em Champion; All-World LILBradford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    I've got a gut feeling on this one...I think 7 Lakes takes it. I think they want it real bad and if there was ever a year for them to do it, I think it is this year! I haven't been able to see either team play but I have listened to games both have played. No rhyme or reason but I think this is the year 7 Lakes does the deed.
    I'm with you man. After watching lakes play Katy and knock them on their heels for a quarter, my first thought was "look out Cinco." If seven lakes comes out with the fire they had against Katy, Cinco better play darn near perfect. Lakes had more fire in their eyes than I havent seen a team with in a long time. I'm rooting for ponds. Score? I have no clue.
    "When excellence becomes tradition, greatness has no limits."

Everyone should keep in mind that every single year these two teams have played ponds has found a way to give the game away.

2012 Pick 'Em Champion; All-World LILBradford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    Everyone should keep in mind that every single year these two teams have played ponds has found a way to give the game away.
    I think part of ponds problem is coaches being too conservative, from what I've heard ponds likes to play great and then just hunker down on what they've got and pray.
    "When excellence becomes tradition, greatness has no limits."

I'm going with Cinco Ranch. I've yet to see Seven Lakes put together four quarters of football. In last year's matchup, they were right there for three quarters, but essentially lost the fourth quarter 21-0 (Lakes tacked on a score w/ 26 seconds left).

I don't expect Seven Lakes to defend Cinco Ranch much differently than they did Katy last week. That is to single up on each WR, everyone else within 7 yards of the LOS - stuff up the middle. Cinco will spread 'em out more pre-snap than Katy did, but the idea will be the same. It's a high risk/high reward strategy that I don't think they can get away with over four quarters unless the CR OL is totally overmatched.

On the other side of the ball, I think Seven Lakes bails out their opponents with the dink and dunk passing game. When you don't complete a high percentage of these passes, you put yourself in some tough down and distance situations, makes it difficult to gain any field position on your failed drives and doesn't put any stress on the opposing defense. If I were Lakes, I'd go with a healthy dose of Oglesby and Guillard all night long.

For these reasons, I like Cinco Ranch to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    That is true. This is a new year though. Even the Cowboys couldn't give away their game like they were supposed too.
    2012 Division 2 State Champs / Playoff points for 331 against 95
    2013 Division 2 State Finalist / Playoff points for 309 against 81

Im thinking Cinco Ranch wins, either way I'll be watching on tv. Channel 653 Comcast customers, the Kube will be broadcasting live from Rhodes.
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LILBradford View Post
    I think part of ponds problem is coaches being too conservative, from what I've heard ponds likes to play great and then just hunker down on what they've got and pray.
    Oh I don't know. It looks like ponds really put it on 1-4 Dulles and 1-4 Richmond without letting up. Maybe they can continue that trend against other teams not named Kempner or Katy.